Jump to content
3DXChat Community

I'm getting really pissed off with all the server crashes


Recommended Posts

So I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but, this is getting stupid. First, I want to say I work in IT, while I don't do games, I have been a server administrator for the last 10 years, so I know plenty about server architecture. 

You guys had my sympathy for a while, having gone through similar things, after the DDOS attack. They're a bitch to manage, and filter the traffic, and the IT team I'm sure got little sleep during it. However, at this point, I'm now speaking as a paying customer. Literally every time I log on it seems theres at least one server crash during my play time. You talk about it being during peak times, so great, my choices are come on at non-peak, and have no friends online and be alone, or, meet a friend or someone new and have it crash. Not to sound like a "Karen" but the length of time this has gone on is completely unacceptable. It is not cheap to play this game, and while I don't expect extreme support, being completely unable to play something I've been paying for is insane. Also, as usual, the lack of detail from staff is horrendous. The top post in tech support is some screen grabs from Lisa talking in chat? Seriously? That's far from an official statement. It would take less than 5 minutes to throw something in the news section of the game, or a link to a blog post detailing "We apologize, this is what is wrong, this is what we're doing to fix it, these are the timelines we're looking at, and in the mean time here are hopefully some ways you can mitigate it". But no, once again I feel like I'm being told "eh, we'll get to stuff eventually, until then, keep giving us your money"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but, this is getting stupid. First, I want to say I work in IT, while I don't do games, I have been a server administrator for the last 10 years, so I kno

That’s the difference right there.  It’s not a Job for these ‘Devs’, it feels like the whole ‘company’ is some dude operating from his garage or attic.  Doing the bare minimum to rake in the subsc

Insults will not make anything work better. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, neilquinn said:

In my job, if I had connections dropping and servers crashing as often as they are here, I'd be fired after 2 weeks. They crash 3-4 times a day (that I see, probably more cause it's not like I'm on 24/7)

That’s the difference right there. 
It’s not a Job for these ‘Devs’, it feels like the whole ‘company’ is some dude operating from his garage or attic. 
Doing the bare minimum to rake in the subscriptions for some weekend spending money. But no effort to actually improve anything. 
And my dark guess is that at some point they’ll just say ‘Meh, fuck it’ and pull the plug without any news. 

Edited by Derai
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, I've been playing for years, and the responses/information from any kind of "staff" are hysterically lacking from any sort of a "company". I've stuck around because I do love the game, and for the most part, it's worked more than well enough. But they treat this like it's just a hobby and not actually a business, which is mind boggling at $20 a month per subscription. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Derai said:

That’s the difference right there. 
It’s not a Job for these ‘Devs’, it feels like the whole ‘company’ is some dude operating from his garage or attic. 
Doing the bare minimum to rake in the subscriptions for some weekend spending money. But no effort to actually improve anything. 
And my dark guess is that at some point they’ll just say ‘Meh, fuck it’ and pull the plug without any news. 

I do think there is demand out there for a game like this.  With a  stable platform and improve the  roll out of additional content, I could see the paid subscription base climbing much higher.  That is what I want to see here!!  Oh, and seeing more of me dancing nekkid with more than just Betty.  Sorry, Bet! 🤪 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derai said:

That’s the difference right there. 
It’s not a Job for these ‘Devs’, it feels like the whole ‘company’ is some dude operating from his garage or attic. 
Doing the bare minimum to rake in the subscriptions for some weekend spending money. But no effort to actually improve anything. 
And my dark guess is that at some point they’ll just say ‘Meh, fuck it’ and pull the plug without any news. 

Trust me, they're making rather more from this little project. I know you know that really and it was said tongue-in-cheek, but there's a point there about the car crash between the cost of the sub and the resultant level of service...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, a crash. Once again. And when the game works, it's with an incredible amount of glitches. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. Your game is broken. Fix it. We are paying for a service you do not provide. Fix this fucking game. FIX IT. Why is it so hard to understand ? How is it even possible that it last for so long now ? FIX YOUR GAME NOW.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lounea said:

Once again, a crash. Once again. And when the game works, it's with an incredible amount of glitches. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. Your game is broken. Fix it. We are paying for a service you do not provide. Fix this fucking game. FIX IT. Why is it so hard to understand ? How is it even possible that it last for so long now ? FIX YOUR GAME NOW.

Fucking seriously, it's maddening. I came on after work because I was barely able to hang out with anyone during my lunch break. I've tried being on for 20 minutes, only 5 minutes were actually in game before it fucking crashed again. Seriously, anyone know of any good alternatives to 3dx other than RLC or AChat (tried them, meh). Maybe I'd come back to 3dx when they get their shit fixed, but this is getting infuriating, why am I paying for a service I can't use?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I totaly agree with neilquinn. Devs are making fun of all us! No comunications and crashes every day. But they had no problem taking our money!

Time is out now Devs! Lisa and Gizmo it's time to tell something to your PAYING users if you don't want a bleeding of users running away!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, terminus said:

I totaly agree with neilquinn. Devs are making fun of all us! No comunications and crashes every day. But they had no problem taking our money!

Time is out now Devs! Lisa and Gizmo it's time to tell something to your PAYING users if you don't want a bleeding of users running away!

 

I agree, so I ask again, does anyone know of any good alternatives? Because I'm seriously considering leaving until they get their shit in line. A customer of over 3 years, and I don't see the point in giving them more of my money to pay for a game I can't play

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, neilquinn said:

I agree, so I ask again, does anyone know of any good alternatives? Because I'm seriously considering leaving until they get their shit in line. A customer of over 3 years, and I don't see the point in giving them more of my money to pay for a game I can't play

This is not the place to ask this question. Anyone who answers it will risk being banned.  I suggest you ask it in any of the many discord groups. I am sure someone can suggest a change for you there without putting themselves at risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recall that perhaps all this nice bad server malfunction started after the DDOS, after a few days of down, it was made up but in what conditions? if you solved the ddos, and before everything worked, I don't see why now it creates all these problems. Honestly I do not see all this desire to restore the game, server or make playability enjoyable. Indeed doing so soon will be emptied with still many active subscriptions .. result take the money and do nothing to keep users. I understand very much that everything is difficult, and I never put myself in your roles, but as a player I see all this pushing the players away. A little subscription extension and a few more coins won't keep players in a malfunctioning server.
I hope and I only say that I still have 10 months of subscription, and it is my first .. certainly I don't think of an extension, because I have nothing beautiful.
At this rate we are overcome by similar games, previously inferior but made better over time, and this instead worsens because it is still and without the desire to make it unique.

Sorry for the outburst, but so you can not have fun and just the desire expires

EDIT

Not to mention that many new players are there for the discount (myself) because otherwise they would never enter at full price. Price that is nothing short of exaggerated for all this, this little care of the game

Edited by Lҽʋιɳα
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SusanLouisa said:

This is not the place to ask this question. Anyone who answers it will risk being banned.  I suggest you ask it in any of the many discord groups. I am sure someone can suggest a change for you there without putting themselves at risk.

Fair enough, not trying to get anyone else banned, but at this point, if they want to ban me from a game I can't really play... meh. I'll ask around discord. My discord handle is Neilquinn11#4890 if anyone wants to talk to me about it privately 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neilquinn said:

Agreed, I've been playing for years, and the responses/information from any kind of "staff" are hysterically lacking from any sort of a "company". I've stuck around because I do love the game, and for the most part, it's worked more than well enough. But they treat this like it's just a hobby and not actually a business, which is mind boggling at $20 a month per subscription. 

They treat this like "It's just a game" and "there's no real people behind the avatars".  That's how they treat this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lҽʋιɳα said:

Recall that perhaps all this nice bad server malfunction started after the DDOS, after a few days of down, it was made up but in what conditions? if you solved the ddos, and before everything worked, I don't see why now it creates all these problems. Honestly I do not see all this desire to restore the game, server or make playability enjoyable. Indeed doing so soon will be emptied with still many active subscriptions .. result take the money and do nothing to keep users. I understand very much that everything is difficult, and I never put myself in your roles, but as a player I see all this pushing the players away. A little subscription extension and a few more coins won't keep players in a malfunctioning server.
I hope and I only say that I still have 10 months of subscription, and it is my first .. certainly I don't think of an extension, because I have nothing beautiful.
At this rate we are overcome by similar games, previously inferior but made better over time, and this instead worsens because it is still and without the desire to make it unique.

Sorry for the outburst, but so you can not have fun and just the desire expires

My guess is, and idk why they haven't just outright said it, is they have some kind of network filtering going on. Network filtering is always clunky and annoying at best, because it's really hard to determine good traffic from bad. However, there are things they could be doing, like, whitelisting long time players, setting up queues where if the game hits a certain amount of players, the game doesn't crash, it just forces new people logging on into the queue, etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, neilquinn said:

My guess is, and idk why they haven't just outright said it, is they have some kind of network filtering going on. Network filtering is always clunky and annoying at best, because it's really hard to determine good traffic from bad. However, there are things they could be doing, like, whitelisting long time players, setting up queues where if the game hits a certain amount of players, the game doesn't crash, it just forces new people logging on into the queue, etc...

Depends on the DDoS filtering they have set up. And how it's set up. It may be that the server is being attacked more than once and the filtering just kicks into high gear just filtering out anything and everything, which would explain why everyone gets disconnected. Or the DDoS protection activates and it disconnects people temporarily. It would be nice to have more insight on this issue though.

All I can gather is the server itself is fine in terms of hardware specs. But their game software needs a lot of work. As it seems it's struggling with the larger population. As it always seems to happen around the time the US and EU timezones cross over with logins. Which makes me think the software just crashes and cannot handle the amount of population. Which makes me believe the developers of 3DX never expected the game to become this popular. I think the offer is what turned it on it's head. As we have not really had this problem before that only once in a blue moon. Which makes me think the population is too large for their software to handle. So hopefully they are working on some improvements to this.

@Lisa @Gizmo can you guys make a comment about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I am looking for is just some more transparency. They have said they are working on new server software to meet increased demand. However, it would be nice to know timelines on when this will be fixed. At the moment there seems like no end in sight. Maybe you thought you could deliver a new server solution in a week, but it turns out that it has taken a lot longer than anticipated. Just be honest and open with your paying customers that it is taking longer than expected and make sure customers are compensated, even though it is not extended periods of downtime, it would be a goodwill gesture for people who continue to support your game despite all its flaws because they actually like the game and the community in the game.

I have been a customer on and off for about 5 years now and for the first time I am seriously considering alternatives, although the alternatives don't look that great either.

Second Life has a step learning curve, despite being "free" you end up spending a bunch of money on outfits etc, the textures and animations aren't up to the level of 3DX, and lag is a problem. But if you want the ultimate customisation and you can get over the steep learning curve then it is for you. I know people who have moved away from 3DX to Second Life and people who have gone the opposite direction.

RLC, I have heard that has pretty much being neglected for a long time and a lot of people left RLC to go to 3DX, so RLC probably isn't the best place to go.

I can't speak on others like Achat or IMVU, but I am sure they also have their own problems. Although, like with RLC, it seems a lot of people moved from Achat and IMVU to 3DX.

If you are looking for loads of customisation and features then go with Second Life. Personally, I prefer things to be simple. I don't want to invest time and money improving an online character, I just want to come online, hang out, have fun, DJ and log off. When 3DX works, it does that well and I am happy to pay a subscription for that (when it works).

My worry is that 3DX is going the same way of competitors like RLC, that the developers are just going to lose interest and just do the bare minimum or have some internal issues that mean major new releases are things that just drag on years and never get completed. However, judging by the increased frequency of new releases and apart from this issue, it seems like Gizmo has made some efforts at improving communication, communicating through the forums more often, setting up Discord, Telegram and other social media presence (although social media is probably more a promotional tool than communicating issues).

Lastly, if you have just had enough and want to leave then it looks like support is quick at offering refunds. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I am starting to lose patience and faith right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...