3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

65 USD per year is cheap to have the most beautifull interactive sex game that exist today (as far as I know).

It's 65 USD only if you pay for year in advance, using the Christmas offer, pay not from EU and does not need to pay additional tax. For many people from Europe it's 110 euro (including tax) - if pay for year in advance without Christmas offer. And not all people play this game every month and can really get a good use of yearly offers. Not all play long enough to use Christmas offer, some people do not even know about it. 

Way I’ve heard it said now, the Dev(s) here are in essence running a Game they have not in fact made themselves.

So the Telegram posts about new features could very well be images of Their Development Tools that they finally figured out. And not in fact editors for use by Players.

A lot of things about 3DX make sense if you see the Dev(s) as just some dude(s) running a game they bought or managed to get the rights to cheaply, and now just let it chug along with minimal effort and input for some spare change on the side.

its like press this button n see what happens  :D  :D 

I agree on most of the things that have been written.
Unfortunately, they are the idea that nobody cares about our thinking. We were chosen to keep us happy, but the rest is very vague. Still waiting for some of the programmers to give me my nickname from my friends list "Felinia".
This many months later.
I sent an email to Gizmo, and an email to the Contact Center. But nobody seems to have time to solve this problem or tell me there is no solution. They will all be working ... a great job that in the end won't even be the job we wanted done. As for the Pose Editor that was put on Telegram, without saying a word, we still need OUR pose editor, and not a demonstration of their work, because I feel like I'm just being teased by a system that doesn't it works.

Way I’ve heard it said now, the Dev(s) here are in essence running a Game they have not in fact made themselves.

So the Telegram posts about new features could very well be images of Their Development Tools that they finally figured out. And not in fact editors for use by Players.

A lot of things about 3DX make sense if you see the Dev(s) as just some dude(s) running a game they bought or managed to get the rights to cheaply, and now just let it chug along with minimal effort and input for some spare change on the side.

We have all heard this before, there has been rumors like that around since I 1st started 5 years ago.

The latest rumors are around mainly because Gizmo in these forums now uses much better English than he use to, and the quality of some poses and hair dropped.

I even put it to Gizmo once in an message through these forums, when we use to be able to message him.

I said he doesn't appear to be the same Gizmo I use to talk to as his English is now much better.

His answer was "he is still the same Gizmo", but who really knows.

To let you know some things we have known over the years, it seems very much that Lisa did all the poses and clothes which she is very good at, Gizmo did the coding and prepared the updates.

I believe the poses that went wrong and the hair that was below standards possibly weren't done by Lisa, that Gizmo had done them.

Lisa at that time was no where to be found and there is still only rare signs of her now.

What I think is more likely is that it is still the same Gizmo, his English got better in the forum because he had someone else answering for him in the forum.

The poses and hair were below par because the person that had been doing them did not do them for those times.

The pose editor is a package that is available in the Unity store, Gizmo has purchased it and is converting it to do what he wants in 3DXChat, again it is just what I think, I have no proof, but that package comes out in Unity and Gizmo announces how would we like a pose editor kind of makes me feel I am not far off the mark.

Plus it also tells me that there is not as much work in that pose editor as a lot of people seem to think, as a lot of people seem to think he is making it from scratch.

There has been a lot of people come in these forums going us that say he doesn't work very hard for us, saying we could not possibly know anything.

But if you had been around and seen what has been said, if you had seen things like Gizmo say he had employed 4 new staff to create the 4 new dance poses and that they had taken a lot of work.

Then find out they were actually from another game and later find out he had got them from truebones.

You see him do things where you know how much work is involved and know he could have done it in a fraction of the time.

I myself don't know anywhere near all of what is involved, but I do know the work involved in some things.

And if he takes so long to do those things then I believe it is a pretty good bet that it is the same for everything he does.

And I do mean so long, often weeks to months to do things that can be done in days.

What that tells me is he spends very little time working on things for the game, he just does that when he feels like it, and even appears he only works on things that interest him, has never really cared what people ask for time and time again.

Things like a boot from room feature that pretty well everyone wants, that I know will take very little work to add.

In the 4 years I played I only took the year discount once, I took a 6 months sub once and the rest of the time I paid the full $20 a month.

I was at 1st thinking this game will grow and will be so good, that all the things that are needed will be eventually added.

I even thought there was a real team behind it as he had often said there was.

But over time you get to realise what the truth is.

That the game you have put all your time into, and the money you have paid to play is for a game that will grow very very slowly and things you know are really needed may never be added.

So excuse those of us that feel a little ripped off.

It boils down to this, we don't have the numbers, we can't use what another system claims because we don't know all the factors that they used to get the numbers.  We don't know how many current users are monthly, 6 months, yearly and who used the prepaid card at the Christmas special.  We can try to calculate the money that the devs end up with from it and how much actually makes it to their pockets, all we can do is assume. Given that, it's up to the devs as this is their game, we can only suggest, that's it.  What they do is on them and have to wait for them to do whatever it is they're going to do.

We have all heard this before, there has been rumors like that around since I 1st started 5 years ago.

The latest rumors are around mainly because Gizmo in these forums now uses much better English than he use to, and the quality of some poses and hair dropped.

I even put it to Gizmo once in an message through these forums, when we use to be able to message him.

I said he doesn't appear to be the same Gizmo I use to talk to as his English is now much better.

His answer was "he is still the same Gizmo", but who really knows.

To let you know some things we have known over the years, it seems very much that Lisa did all the poses and clothes which she is very good at, Gizmo did the coding and prepared the updates.

I believe the poses that went wrong and the hair that was below standards possibly weren't done by Lisa, that Gizmo had done them.

Lisa at that time was no where to be found and there is still only rare signs of her now.

What I think is more likely is that it is still the same Gizmo, his English got better in the forum because he had someone else answering for him in the forum.

The poses and hair were below par because the person that had been doing them did not do them for those times.

The pose editor is a package that is available in the Unity store, Gizmo has purchased it and is converting it to do what he wants in 3DXChat, again it is just what I think, I have no proof, but that package comes out in Unity and Gizmo announces how would we like a pose editor kind of makes me feel I am not far off the mark.

Plus it also tells me that there is not as much work in that pose editor as a lot of people seem to think, as a lot of people seem to think he is making it from scratch.

There has been a lot of people come in these forums going us that say he doesn't work very hard for us, saying we could not possibly know anything.

But if you had been around and seen what has been said, if you had seen things like Gizmo say he had employed 4 new staff to create the 4 new dance poses and that they had taken a lot of work.

Then find out they were actually from another game and later find out he had got them from truebones.

You see him do things where you know how much work is involved and know he could have done it in a fraction of the time.

I myself don't know anywhere near all of what is involved, but I do know the work involved in some things.

And if he takes so long to do those things then I believe it is a pretty good bet that it is the same for everything he does.

And I do mean so long, often weeks to months to do things that can be done in days.

What that tells me is he spends very little time working on things for the game, he just does that when he feels like it, and even appears he only works on things that interest him, has never really cared what people ask for time and time again.

Things like a boot from room feature that pretty well everyone wants, that I know will take very little work to add.

In the 4 years I played I only took the year discount once, I took a 6 months sub once and the rest of the time I paid the full $20 a month.

I was at 1st thinking this game will grow and will be so good, that all the things that are needed will be eventually added.

I even thought there was a real team behind it as he had often said there was.

But over time you get to realise what the truth is.

That the game you have put all your time into, and the money you have paid to play is for a game that will grow very very slowly and things you know are really needed may never be added.

So excuse those of us that feel a little ripped off.

Dear Twiggy,

you hit the target in full with your words. Hit and sunk!

Unfortunately it is the time that continues to say / ask that on this game are the users to take care of the forum and other aspects of the game, for free.

Maybe Gizmo, if you take my words into consideration, try to improve the forum and the game with a few simple steps.

1 Find reliable users who manage for him and with him at no cost, for 3 hours a week or the time they spend managing it.

2 "paid" these users with XGOLD equal to 10,000 per month + the normal 300 xgold of login in the game.

There are 3D games where game moderators are the same users, with other avatars, and are not "paid" for real money, but are paid in XGOLD.

This is allowed to the game to improve, and all users to maintain mutual respect between them.

2 English moderators, 2 French moderators, 2 Italian moderators on the game, and on the forum would be enough.

2 English moderators, 2 French moderators, 2 Italian moderators on the game, and on the forum would be enough.

German? Russian? Any other language represented in game wide enough? What so special about French and Italian that they deserve their own moderators and others are no? 

Perhaps one day, Gizmo will consider allowing people to either purchase an official franchise of the game, or buy a version outright that they can legally create a server, mod away and add all those shiny Unity toys too. I could see how someone with deep enough pockets and a large enough staff could really run with it.

Or perhaps an approach like the big companies like Epic with Unreal and Valve with Half Life did. They made their products modible and community created spin offs occurred.

German? Russian? Any other language represented in game wide enough? What so special about French and Italian that they deserve their own moderators and others are no? 

I simply made examples, I didn't mean to discriminate against anyone, if you felt offended, it wasn't my intention, sorry

You can make only one thing to rush developement: unsub until stuff you like is come. But you can't do that, because you are nolifers. I havent logged in /payed sub since March. That's the only way. But you can't do that. Gizmo is happy because he makes some money with you. I'll subscribe again when there are some cool updates. Because i have social life without 3dxchat. You don't have. You cant leave the game. You stuck and lament. Leave the game for a year, then come back if there is some change. Thats all.

You can make only one thing to rush developement: unsub until stuff you like is come. But you can't do that, because you are nolifers. I havent logged in /payed sub since March. That's the only way. But you can't do that. Gizmo is happy because he makes some money with you. I'll subscribe again when there are some cool updates. Because i have social life without 3dxchat. You don't have. You cant leave the game. You stuck and lament. Leave the game for a year, then come back if there is some change. Thats all.

Wizzard I haven't subbed for about a year, I stopped just before they took away the full iggy, that was the last straw for me and a lot of others.

Gizmo not only refuses to listen to anyone with things like a boot from room feature, or split friends lists, things that have been asked for many times by lots of people.

He took away the most important tool we had to help stop people from messing up others peoples game.

Until he comes to his senses with that I won't be back.

Twiggy,

Gizmo isn't the only one to have problems with multiple accounts ban and the flaws that must be overcome in Unity.. This was discussed by Utherverse Devs a few years back. I never got specific answers cause obviously they wanted to be evasive about the security issues; but my point is a whole other unrelated team has had issues with it also.

As for the inability to moderate your own properties... well... I still don't get why that has never been done.

I don't get why many things have never been done TBH.

In regards to the updates, here's what I think should be the future steps, this is my own opinion of course and not a generalisation.

They should get the animator out they have been working on and showing for months in Telegram. Once this has been released they should work on the following, again this is my own opinion and not a generalisation:

1. Room moderation functionality, such as the kick, ban and perhaps even a mute. As this seems to be asked for quite a lot on the forum.

2. Create an official modding toolkit, which can give tech savvy people access to tools to create mods for the game. Within reason of course, we don't want another pandora episode.

3. Clothes, clothes and... Clothes.

4. Advanced Avatar customisation, to finally be able to create unique looking avatars that doesn't look like 30% of the player base.

5. Material creator/editor, examples being cumshots, sweat, fluids in general, as well as among other things such as skin materials, to the point that you can design your own bump maps, masks etc. But have a graphical option which will disable these on a client, because if someone runs around with 4k materials+ on their skin, times this by 10s of people in one room, it can cause lag to ensue on lower end system, so perhaps have a graphical option that disables custom skin textures and just shows the default skin on the client.

6. Static mesh support, to give rooms a higher quality look, but without the performance loss that comes with it, which comes with the geometry shapes we use. Which can come with the material creator etc.

And many more, but cannot think of it at the moment.

Some people keep playing not because they have no social life aside of 3dxchat, but because they actually established a pretty close and warm relationships with some people in 3dxchat and does not want to leave them. Yes, I know that you always can just give each other some outside of game contacts, but it's different. And being with a close persons for many people more important than to show how much they don't like how game being developed. And some people really have quite limited social life, because of some psychologic problems or life circumstances, like living in a small town and being bounded to it for some time because of one or another reason. There is no need to act like a bully, you know? 

In all this, Gizmo has always declared "THE FORUM IS READ. ALL YOUR COMMENTS ARE READ BY ME." Honestly it doesn't seem to me, with all these comments he should have given an answer, but it is clear that Gizmo opens the forum when he wants, and responds to give us the sop. What a horrible appearance. All the forums are controlled and moderated, this forum is not, what a terrible thing to take for users who pay to play and get answers.

I think skin texture an bump maps can be set up in a way much like they have done for water and graphics in the game already.

If you have a good powerful computer then high resolution maps don't present much of a problem, but yes it does effect people with just average computers.

So why not include the skin texture maps in the graphics control settings, if you have a powerful computer and it is set to the highest settings you get the high quality skin maps, if you a set to the lower settings you get the lower quality.

I think the decision to take away the full iggy system was not just based on Pandora.

I am sure that a system can still be put in place that would not be able to be so easily used to get info the way Pandora was.

There had been quite a few people come in these forums and I believe send complaints to the devs about people finding out their alts.

There had been posts where people were saying even without Pandora peoples alts can be found out.

They complained about it being an invasion of privacy, which is something many of us know Gizmo does pay attention to, if invasion of privacy is mentioned it often gets his attention.

I think it was a conscious decision to make it so alts cannot be found out in any way.

I don't think enough concern has been given to the problems it creates having it so people can so easily delete and create a new character in seconds and know they have no way of being discovered.

On top of that it looks very much like Gizmo has not put anything in place to keep a record of who owned what alts, so if someone creates an alt and causes problems for someone and deletes that alt, then reporting that alt is useless.

It's a game where you meet lots of people, but in the end you end up being only able to trust a hand full and mostly stick with them, just seems to be wrong to me.

If it was my game, that would be something I would be very concerned about and trying everything to make it so it was not that way.

A game where you meet so many people but can't even add them to your friends list until they prove they can be trusted has big problems.

So it is my opinion that the most important thing that needs to be addressed is having it so people can feel secure in their game play, so they can do more than just stick to their little group of friends.

In regards to the updates, here's what I think should be the future steps, this is my own opinion of course and not a generalisation.

They should get the animator out they have been working on and showing for months in Telegram. Once this has been released they should work on the following, again this is my own opinion and not a generalisation:

1. Room moderation functionality, such as the kick, ban and perhaps even a mute. As this seems to be asked for quite a lot on the forum.

2. Create an official modding toolkit, which can give tech savvy people access to tools to create mods for the game. Within reason of course, we don't want another pandora episode.

4. Advanced Avatar customisation, to finally be able to create unique looking avatars that doesn't look like 30% of the player base.

5. Material creator/editor, examples being cumshots, sweat, fluids in general, as well as among other things such as skin materials, to the point that you can design your own bump maps, masks etc. But have a graphical option which will disable these on a client, because if someone runs around with 4k materials+ on their skin, times this by 10s of people in one room, it can cause lag to ensue on lower end system, so perhaps have a graphical option that disables custom skin textures and just shows the default skin on the client.

6. Static mesh support, to give rooms a higher quality look, but without the performance loss that comes with it, which comes with the geometry shapes we use. Which can come with the material creator etc.

Would kinda like if we could get some option to rent private room hosting service at reasonable price that would allow us to share room and moderator ability chain, like owner priviligees and moderator priviligees for the room. Would save having to use two accounts and have to keep PC and internet running in order to keep room open, also be nice to have mentioned abilities but also ability to flesh out rules somewhere for the hosted room and maybe room description aside from just being able to add room title.

While a great suggestion, the only issue that may come from creating if able to upload is the issues of Copyright and like the other games out there, IMVU, SecondLife and it's counterpart that's being worked on Sansar, RLC (Red Light Center) one of Utherverse games and other games like it deal with ripping software that gets created for users to purchase to be able to rip off others created content.  I'm not sure that the Devs would want to get into that mess.  Maybe they could allow the textures they place into the game to be played with like they show on telegram for the pants and hair.