3DXChat Community

Lisa

Hello Lisa, I'm curious when the new update comes, many users happy when World Editor comes and simplifies, would also be nice if there were more positions in the future, especially in a threesome missing some. ;)

It would be even better if there were something natural for the positions, but I think that would go beyond the scope :)  :)  :)  :) 

If you are referring to the textures that are downloaded from the links then not in the initial release of World Editor. Maybe in the future. We have not yet explored this option.

Wouldn't that create another problem if it's copyrighted material that user end uploading, since there wouldn't be many ways to control if material created by user, freeware or copyrighted texture being uploaded to be used. Don't get me wrong would love being able to upload textures myself to make unique things, but also realize potential problems it might present with copyright if it's downloaded materials from other creators out on net without permission. But guess if all legal responsibilities lay with users it's only really problem for the user who uploads them, think that how Second life usually handle those kind of things  :)

Well not always- copyright laws have a lot of leeways and depending on where you are there might not even be copyright laws. For where I live, and generally, most other places that hold copyright laws there is a thing called "Fair Use" in which types of copyrighted content is available for use to the general public as long as it's for commentary, criticism, non-profit educational purposes or parody. A good rule of thumb is as long as you're not making money off the copyrighted content you can claim it under one of those. A room that someone just makes and doesn't charge an entrance fee would be perfectly fine to use copyrighted material. But if 3DX decided to provide downloaded textures and charge for them then that'd be a different story.

Edited to provide a link to a .pdf on fair use and general copyright law info: http://www.publiccounsel.org/tools/publications/files/fairuse.pdf

Hopefully the ability to add custom textures is explored as soon as possible after the initial release.   As I've show, I have several games created and played over years I would share.

There could be a literal flood of hundreds of  new users who crave the custom texture option - from RLC alone.  It's the only thing holding many back from coming cause they are used to the creativity that ability offers.. 

If the custom  texture option was extended to clothing also, there would be an explosion of custom styles in clothing too..  O.o

Well not always- copyright laws have a lot of leeways and depending on where you are there might not even be copyright laws. For where I live, and generally, most other places that hold copyright laws there is a thing called "Fair Use" in which types of copyrighted content is available for use to the general public as long as it's for commentary, criticism, non-profit educational purposes or parody. A good rule of thumb is as long as you're not making money off the copyrighted content you can claim it under one of those. A room that someone just makes and doesn't charge an entrance fee would be perfectly fine to use copyrighted material. But if 3DX decided to provide downloaded textures and charge for them then that'd be a different story.

Edited to provide a link to a .pdf on fair use and general copyright law info: http://www.publiccounsel.org/tools/publications/files/fairuse.pdf

I think that "FAIR USE" works well for our players. Thanks Izu.

You know... Copyrights is not a big deal here. People care less about music copyrights and think it's their right to have free music all along cuz it comes from stardust literally and shouldn't be paid for as this is just a game.

Why should that be different with textures now

Baaaaaaahahahahahaha stardust !!!! LOOOOOOOL, wonder who you are talking about hehehehehehe. 

Plus we get tha update when we get eet. Tha Devs are working furiously on eet night n day, sacrificing personal time and extra activities, hammering and sawing this new update with da skills of DaVinci and Michelangelo. ah tinks around the Xmas or tha New Year period when peeps need another good reason to sub up fo tha year :P

Keep in mind also, when it comes to textures there are LOADS free - even for commercial use out there. There are also ones that charge a small fee to join for commercial use also in addition to fair use. Plus, there are those of us who create our own custom textures too.

Lot's of legal sources to obtain them.

It would be an epic win feature.

Don't forget the ones of us who don't know how to use textures lol

It can be as simple as copying and pasting a link to a prop or piece of clothing.. :)

It can also be be as complex a making fabric look soft yet worn, while at the same time making a metal button or strap  shiny and bright.

Both ways can exists same time, and as you get used to it you begin to crave wanting to do more complex creative things.

You may get addicted like you never have been.

Considering you have section in forum now devoted to World editor, wouldn't it be a good idea to post a thread sticky there with planned feature list(/summary) and make it announcement thread, then keep this for suggestion and feedback. Would make it much easier when this thread start building up pages to look and find information on what already planned, in case some figure they have some good ideas but don't realize they're already included?