3DXChat Community

Lisa

I love the new World Editor, thanks!

97a5eb-1512076577.png

Really nice build. Now if everyone can forget about Million Cubes or how we used to build rooms, this has potential :)

I know its hard to move on from old ways of doing stuff, cuz the human is a "Got-used-to-Animal"

You can defo think out of the box with this editor. A friend of mine told me the moon is too bright. I thought out of the box and suggested to make a sphere paint it black and scale it up. Voila you have your own sky maybe?

Graphics are worse, ah made a comparison of the new and older version, same parameters but had to start another thread in Tech coz ah cant post pics in here. The differences are obvious.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the Editors potential, rooms can be far more elaborate and detailed like neva before DUH! but the quality is lower, the lighting is bad and glitchy. Sheeshers if ya cant see that then wotevs. ROFL get sum goggs ya blurry eyed Magoo :P

Im having fun with the new editor, theres a lot of potential with it. i've made 7/8 rooms in the past that i'd kinda like to keep cuz i've used them so much, but i doubt i'd ever open them again with the new tools we've been given. The graphics are a bit strange now but i dont really mind. Aslong as I can still fuck bad bitches and play music, im happy. (i know its a tempt bug but the radio issue is kinda a big deal atm in a community like this)

You can troll the shit out of people by changing the spawn point, I love it!

Heres a fire pit I made. You join, you burn.

e7XMMs6.jpg

giphy.gif

What i think of this new world edit mode :

At first , i was a bit disapointed with the camera untill i understand ( one hour later ) that to move the camera freely in editor , we need to hold right clic and use the WASD keys ( not really perfect as my computer is an azerty but it's a minor disagreement )

Second , taking a look at the tool , i was thinking " omg !!! this looks like chinesse to me !!! " . Tried this , tried that , and after few time , i understand the 4 most important icons on top of the screen "the hand to move the objects , the scalling tool just to the left of the hand and .... hmmm ... " in fact , we need only these two . with only these two tools , we can create good rooms ... uuh worlds .

Since these basis are understood , it's time to start to build . First ( after canceling every stuff on the "platform" ) , lets set a ground . I need some marble . Yeah !!! Found it and as a bonus i can colorize it the way i want . Good work devs .

Next some walls , not really hard to do if using the two tools mentionned earlyer .

Next , a window ... Uhoh ... where the hell is it ? .... Searching for 15 minutes a "windows tab" but not found it . Then someone tell me to use the texture i need to use to transform a wall into a window . Nice , it's as easy to do than a wall .

So now , what i think . Devs , you did a great job , it's easyer to use than it looks when we start . If i needed to rate it on 20 , i would say hmmm ... 16/20 because there is probably bugs and maybe some améliorations to do , but it worth to lose the ancient two rooms .

shouldnt be postn this - to give giz good "bad" ideads hahaaa

Why not keep the old 2 rooms (upgrading the save files to the new format) and add the empty space as a third one?

exactly alex fistbump - dowloaded patch at home but didnt install yet - seems, the new standard "room" is already active. i and prob others already suggested years ago to add more additional slots for user rooms (and slots for cloths/clothing btw) and if its like that, they should do so, cause already only 2 home slots in the past were a joke and now only 1?!?! aehm, helllooo?! this below is only an example, and once it seems like they really need money - maybe finally for a 3rd dev[/sarcasm] ...who knows heheee
  • slot 1 - free new main standard room/world
  • slot 2 - free new main standard room/world extra slot
  • slot 3 - free old room1 slot 
  • slot 4 - free old room2 slot 
  • slot 5 - additional xgold slot
  • slot 5 - additional xgold slot

something like that and a not for a to "greedy" Xgoldprice :D talkn about "greedy" or, id rather say absurd: daddy, gizzy... the price for adding a freakn, fukn single pic in the ingame profil

giphy.gif

... think about that schatzi - just sayn  B) 

a-ha-moment.jpg

edit n last: and after that editor is running smooth and ppl have started creating rooms, props n stuff they could #maybe #eventually #finally create a sort of #3DXmarketplace for ppl to either [sell 4 Xgold] or [give away for free] their own created content... from gamers - for gamers and btw: Xgold would finally then become a really good reason to buy and besides that, all "sides", members and SGD... would n could only profit from that  B)  

Ok, mah earlier post still stands but now i have started building a club im really liking eets. Yes the lighting needs fixing, tha radio needs to be fixed as new peeps in cant hear eets unless the host hits play on eet all tha times and some of the textures, ie materials look low texture to me, as far as the Marble walls go they SUK still. But ah have started a build and im soopa inspired by the possibilities. Also jumping around chqing others peeps ideas in their builds really start to see some diversity to the worlds being made, very personal touches and ideas already. There are def tings that need fixing but eet is possible, avoiding some textures to create something kool. Also ah managed to get mah place dark and then be able to illuminate eet tha way ah wants. 

So ty Devs for making this, eet def improves this game, shame about the lost rooms and all that work but comparing what you can do here in the new editor ah have to admit that ah prolly wouldnt open mah old clubs even tho ah wuvs them , the quality you can achieve here is alot better. 

So ah thought ah would give a fair opinion after some investigating and use of eets and really am enjoying eets Thankyou :)

The previous editor needs to be added back with the two apartments. The world editor could be great for people that want to build an elaborate landscape and have a lot of time to do it, but for making a simple room, this is just not the right tool for the job.

Lol, im sure they will jump right on that

OK, give me one reason why it shouldn't be done. I'm talking about adding the old editor back beside the new one, not reverting to it completely.

Let's try and build this room for example. You do it with the world editor and I use the old one. Who will finish first? It'll has to look exactly like this, you have to be able to lean on to all the walls etc. Not to mention, I already built it, so I'd be ready in a few seconds. Now I have to start from scratch.

You can absolutely use a hex editor to edit text but why would you do that, you know.

PvBulYI.jpg

Im having fun with the new editor, theres a lot of potential with it. i've made 7/8 rooms in the past that i'd kinda like to keep cuz i've used them so much, but i doubt i'd ever open them again with the new tools we've been given. The graphics are a bit strange now but i dont really mind. Aslong as I can still fuck bad bitches and play music, im happy. (i know its a tempt bug but the radio issue is kinda a big deal atm in a community like this)

You can troll the shit out of people by changing the spawn point, I love it!

Heres a fire pit I made. You join, you burn.

e7XMMs6.jpg

giphy.gif

You basically have a whole sim or half to yourself in which to create multiple rooms, homes, etc. Build a city, there are a lot of options.

In Sims you have the option of doing a lot more this doesn't have that.  If you make a floor you can't adjust it in multiple spots like you can the Sims.  As far a it costing in Sims there is a hack for that to increase the money for that so it didn't cost anything.

Yep just without the Hundreds of dollars price tag. :D

Exactly. After swimming around to get a sense of distance it seems like a full SIM to me.

In Sims you have the option of doing a lot more this doesn't have that.  If you make a floor you can't adjust it in multiple spots like you can the Sims.  As far a it costing in Sims there is a hack for that to increase the money for that so it didn't cost anything.

I was speaking more about Second Life and similar games. I used to own a partial sim there before getting bored and selling it before I left. I don’t know much about SIMS except the newest one looks interesting. I’ve only played the free play on mobile.

I would love it if we could upload Unity assets.