3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

JJ, that's an interesting idea.  When you speak in Local, would it show up JuicyJina or Kelly?

If chat said "Kelly" then it feels pretty confusing.  Yes, I could click on you to see who you are, but I know people by the names I see in chat.  If I had to check the profile every time, I think it would be a negative.

That said, if the name above your head said, "Kelly (JuicyJina)" or "JuicyJina (Kelly)" then I'd be all for it.  Then it's a message to the world, "I'd like you to call me this for now" and not a subversive, "I don't want you to know who I am unless you read my profile."

Tlaera

JJ, that's an interesting idea.  When you speak in Local, would it show up JuicyJina or Kelly?

If chat said "Kelly" then it feels pretty confusing.  Yes, I could click on you to see who you are, but I know people by the names I see in chat.  If I had to check the profile every time, I think it would be a negative.

That said, if the name above your head said, "Kelly (JuicyJina)" or "JuicyJina (Kelly)" then I'd be all for it.  Then it's a message to the world, "I'd like you to call me this for now" and not a subversive, "I don't want you to know who I am unless you read my profile."

Tlaera

Well if shows (kelly) above my head then it should show the same in chat.... because it will be confusing too if its juicyjina on chat and kelly in character ... u wont be able to find me and some would use it as a sneak tactic for whatever reasons and maybe your idea (juicyjina (kelly)) is perfect..... 

Tlaera

Maybe you dont need to read my profile... maybe when hovering over my character or my name on chat a small pop up containing my details as in nickname / name / gender / age ...

I don`t find a problem in changing a gender while you can see the name and at all.

3 ooo - 5 ooo xGold for change a name or some time limits (about 2 weeks) is a good deal ! It would be great if, after changing the name, a message will comes automatically from your side to all your friends like a -

"Hello. My old name "Drama" was changed to "Llama" or something same. 

ps: and same thing can be done with gender change.

Here always was , are and will be badasses, drama lovers, mind ****** and so on. I dont paying attention to them.

Edited by ExHaran

Dear players, now we are working on refactoring the server part code (back end). This will increase the stability and speed of processing requests to the server. Also this will allow us to introduce new options into the game: change the character's nickname, change the gender. Would you like it?

Yes.

And how much time will this take to be done?

I am sure you won't say precisely...

Dear players, now we are working on refactoring the server part code (back end). This will increase the stability and speed of processing requests to the server. Also this will allow us to introduce new options into the game: change the character's nickname, change the gender. Would you like it?

I am a little bit different to what seems like most people are thinking about this, I actually don't care to much about the gender change but do more about the name change.

I can see a couple of problems with the name change thing.

One is our friends lists will get very confusing, like suddenly we see a Roger in our online list where we didn't have one before.

The other is that it is already hard enough to keep track of people who have re made themselves, like who is now who, who they don't want to know who they are now and so on.

At one time I had so many who had done that I seriously thought about making a spread sheet so I could keep track of things, especially when it came to these people not wanting certain people to know who they were.

It would be good for role playing though.

Plus if this gets added, do we still really need 3 slots?

twiggy, yes we should keep the 3 slots, for the avas already made. Some of us like the Family RP and they dont want to give up any member of the bunch. Why not more slots for more avas, if you see whom they belongs to, Buyable witth gold............

not all see it as a social chat here, its a game too, why not with a virtuel familly, You dont have to play this game style, but you can if you want, we are customers withe possibilities :)

twiggy, yes we should keep the 3 slots, for the avas already made. Some of us like the Family RP and they dont want to give up any member of the bunch. Why not more slots for more avas, if you see whom they belongs to, Buyable witth gold............

not all see it as a social chat here, its a game too, why not with a virtuel familly, You dont have to play this game style, but you can if you want, we are customers withe possibilities :)

Oh so we are going to be able to see whatever avi used, who it belongs to, now that would be good, all for that :)

Was funny situation 3-4 years ago, I played on one of my characters.

One my spanish friend after party and a little bit drunk just wanted to say Hi to me in the game. Sure she knew all my characters. So she find me at one of the places,came to me and ...

-"Hi Ex ! ^^ "

-... hello.. I very appreciate you find me in some roleplay moment, thank you for spoiled role and... I.Glad.To.See.You.Too !

We laughed about it every day. It was fun but against RP etiquette. What if one of my friends who dont know how it happens or just drunked, will do same thing one day ? This is weird.

So dont start this again. Its aganist roleplay .

I had about 3 month to understand some simple thing. Have a close and honest company of friends, relax and enjoy this game. 

I wish there was some way it could be a "player is busy" and a player search by name and possible if there is a offline message if it could show whats being said in the email notification. As far as changing genders and names, I don't know it sounds OK- mite be something better later, maybe? I do not know lol.

Also, some more and better dances would be awesome, more realistic hair styles- the last ones we got makes the ladies look like first ladies of the turn of the century- no offense but they aren't very attractive. Finally, these are my final wishes if that is all possible- that the furniture that is standard could be colored any color/pattern chosen, be able to have a better option on players for tunes, easier modification methods for those of us who are not so crafty with it, reactions to the poses as they are being done...and this one I am not sure if it could or can be done, but would love to be able to like go to something like google and maybe copy a picture of lets say a bird or something and be able to bring it to the game and be able to paste it to become as a permanent object, maybe a reject button for those who's mission is to disturb a rooms happiness...welp thats about all I have on my mind for this second. Thanks for even looking at my ideas.

Well some people pick awful names or ones they don't like when they first join and those people should be allowed to change them I think. What if the cost to change your name increased each time you did it like the picture slots?

It will grow up to 10 ooo xGold and then u can buy new slot. 

Nice!

It would be niceto delete the stupid 1 character limit and set it back to the default 3 char stuff! 5 character slots would be a really good thing also!

:)

Changing name ok if it's limited, but i'm totally against the possibility of changing sex. This would allow more bullshit and dramas in game.

Oh and of course, if someone we ignored change the name, the new name must stay in the ignore list.

For me, changing nicknames is a good possibillity. Not because I want to change my name 24/7 and do something with it, nope. I would like maybe to correct it in a good way of making little family with husband. Why not? Also, I met a lot of people who made their avatars with bullshit names without knowing that for changing name you should buy new account and make new avatar, or you should collect 10k xgold and make new avatar. But for me is not undestandable how new name is going to show in "Married" thing and in friend list. If it will change automatically - ok :) Would be nice. As people said before, I support idea about 5 000 xgold for changing name. I can't say if I am against or not about function of changing gender, because I won't use it in any way, because I am a girl in real life = I am a girl in 3DX.  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

If refactoring the code is necessary for adding content and functionality more often, then yes, go for it. But doing so for the purposes of changing name/gender, then no, we can create new characters to the same effect and messing with the internals of a stable system to add something already possible, is a very bad idea. Content is what has slowed down over the past couple of years, and if it wasn't for third party content to add value to the game, there would be less players around.

I'm not going to bitch.

I'm not going to whine.

I understand there are many back end needs that have to be addressed that arnt as 'sexy' as content.

But there is a need for content nevertheless in several areas. The drawback of no usercreated content.

Thank you.

Suppose you give us that option, that should be regulated to once a month for the name change and cost gold depending on the cost but it should be a crazy amount like 10K because you can always start a new avi for that.  I do know from experience in other games that there have been issues where people have changed their names to avoid others they no longer with to bother with and people could see their old names that has since been removed so I suggest exercise caution if you're going to show the history.

For changing the sex, that's something should only be allowed during the first week of subscription not when they renew.  There was a person in WC asking about it and they were told to contact the devs or make a new avi.