Jump to content
3DXChat Community

New Default Rooms


Lexxxxi
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dear Dev. Can you at least change default room to improved rooms. there are so many creators who creating beautiful rooms. you can also integrate them all in one default room like city where players can find clubs, beach, apartments, park and some other areas for party, hangout and sex. or

Defaults rooms are very old with bad lighting. game seriously need better improved default room. i have seen one player has created city life room here. even if you make default room like would be awesome too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lexilore said:

Dear Dev. Can you at least change default room to improved rooms. there are so many creators who creating beautiful rooms. you can also integrate them all in one default room like city where players can find clubs, beach, apartments, park and some other areas for party, hangout and sex. or

Defaults rooms are very old with bad lighting. game seriously need better improved default room. i have seen one player has created city life room here. even if you make default room like would be awesome too.

Its a great idea.. i have similar, when create a little city room (City Life)! I think the 3DXChat community need a complex room, to enjoy this fantasy digital world more, and better together! This will be a huge step int this way...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Angelqueen said:

Its a great idea.. i have similar, when create a little city room (City Life)! I think the 3DXChat community need a complex room, to enjoy this fantasy digital world more, and better together! This will be a huge step int this way...

Big rooms or landscapes face a - literally - huge problem, huge distances.

This issue alone results in a somewhat lesser usability.
Also local chat is ill suited for such large rooms.

A few large landscapes, especially if intended for RP, may work.

Big rooms for the general population, however, might not turn out to be the holy grail.

 

Edited by Erythrea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the creation of a new general location would be really interesting if the vote of these places gives the right to this community. like a classification of the best rooms of the year or of the month if the interrais i come with this population. this can also create a vacuum because the bird does not find its nest anymore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Erythrea said:

Big rooms or landscapes face a - literally - huge problem, huge distances.

This issue alone results in a somewhat lesser usability.
Also local chat is ill suited for such large rooms.

A few large landscapes, especially if intended for RP, may work.

Big rooms for the general population, however, might not turn out to be the holy grail.

 

The distances are the real problem. We need some "jump points" that beam us to different spots in the room. This could also be used for elevators.
Or my dream would be moving objects, like a monorail where you can hop on and off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Large user-made worlds can make a pretty heavy usage of PC resources. I am not sure it's a good idea to bring one of them as a basic location. I think the idea of basic locations is something available for anyone and anytime. If location really popular you can keep it open at all times with new system anyway, right? So no need to make it basic. And if it's not so popular... then again, don't see the reason making it into basic location. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont know why is so hard to create option: use cars. Click on it, the avi sit in... and "walk" faster! Of course, a lot of things have to work in the meantime, but you don’t need as many options as you would in a car game. Only a quick approach to a larger distance is the goal ...
A room with several "nameable" entry points can also be very useful ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

I'd like to see the possibility of smaller rooms being joined together with transition points between them, giving the impression of a bigger, more complex world.  Like go through a door and launch into another world.

Imagine you have jump points from one room to another. Add the possibility to make an object clickable and have an info popup with pictures and texts, like our bios.

That would make for great treasure hunts or other activities.
You could find an object in a Tomb Raider like room with a riddle... "Enter the door to the left for glory and fortune. Enter the door to your right for eternal doom!"
And then you have to decide and see where your choice leads you 🙂
"His choice was... wise!" 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Large user-made worlds can make a pretty heavy usage of PC resources. I am not sure it's a good idea to bring one of them as a basic location. I think the idea of basic locations is something available for anyone and anytime. If location really popular you can keep it open at all times with new system anyway, right? So no need to make it basic. And if it's not so popular... then again, don't see the reason making it into basic location. 

Following this logic, why do we need basic rooms? 🤔 The answer is simple... we need it.. popular or not! And yes... why need several small basic rooms after many popular player's room? No need, but a basic complex room will be a huge change in gameplay... its a new "toy" to enjoy this game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

The distances are the real problem. We need some "jump points" that beam us to different spots in the room. This could also be used for elevators.
Or my dream would be moving objects, like a monorail where you can hop on and off.

Even teleportation is not a solution for a "default room". (I gather default rooms are Sin Club, 3DX Night Club, Beach, Yacht and so on.)

These rooms are there to facilitate socializing, not to admire some landscape or architecture. ;)
If you have a location spanning a vast area, you must provide many focal areas or crystallisation points for gatherings in this "Mega Room"; otherwise avatars are just wandering around alone.

When you are able to populate the focal areas, due to the sheer mass of visitors, the local chat there becomes WC no.2 and probably worse. Just imagine some focal area with kink positive folks and another area with plain vanillas in the local chat of a Mega Room. Misunderstandings aplenty. WC will look like kindergarten.

What is also neglected often is the importance of the soundscape, especially in addition to landscape/architecture.
Just look at the two default rooms with the most people at every single hour - Sin Club and Beach. The Beach has a very neutral soundscape, which is not annoying.
Sin Club has a very mainstream but broader music selection and at least every half an hour or so, everyone should hear a track which evocates at least some positive feeling.
Whereas Fresco, if you do not like that type of music, you will simply not stay there.
So which music are you going to play in Mega Room? Lets say you have an opera house and a Black Metal bar in your city. Even if you like Black Metal and Opera, combined with the wrong environment the location would feel a little cheesy. And if you would play the "neutral" SinClub Radio, the architecture/soundcape-dissonance is even greater!
How are you going to populate an area which feels so wrong? My bet is, it would be as deserted as the saloon.
So most probably you would just end up with another beach or jungle island. But why the effort? I mean Havasu exists already in the user hosted area.

I guess what many people are striving for is a system like in a competitor of 3DX, where you can jump from one room to another through a teleporter/door.
But why would you need that in "default rooms", because you can easily jump from area to area just using the left panel of the menu.
If you want to jump/teleport into a user hosted room, all these rooms, would have to be running 24/7.
I guess this game is not designed for that, but I could be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Erythrea said:

What is also neglected often is the importance of the soundscape, especially in addition to landscape/architecture.
Just look at the two default rooms with the most people at every single hour - Sin Club and Beach. The Beach has a very neutral soundscape, which is not annoying.
Sin Club has a very mainstream but broader music selection and at least every half an hour or so, everyone should hear a track which evocates at least some positive feeling.
Whereas Fresco, if you do not like that type of music, you will simply not stay there.
So which music are you going to play in Mega Room? Lets say you have an opera house and a Black Metal bar in your city. Even if you like Black Metal and Opera, combined with the wrong environment the location would feel a little cheesy. And if you would play the "neutral" SinClub Radio, the architecture/soundcape-dissonance is even greater!
How are you going to populate an area which feels so wrong? My bet is, it would be as deserted as the saloon.
So most probably you would just end up with another beach or jungle island. But why the effort? I mean Havasu exists already in the user hosted area.

On top of it I would add that devs can have problems with copyright related to the music in general locations. I remember reading somewhere on forum, that for general locations SGD needs to have license on the music. They are responsible for music in general locations, while in user-made locations responsibility is on the location host. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Xizi said:

On top of it I would add that devs can have problems with copyright related to the music in general locations. I remember reading somewhere on forum, that for general locations SGD needs to have license on the music. They are responsible for music in general locations, while in user-made locations responsibility is on the location host. 

I have wondered about music from time to time, with all the streaming services, copyrights, etc.  Not to mention that rooms and DJs are from all around the world.  I had to reach out to Anaganda and the music stream in the Erotic Bathhouse.  Talk about making a totally immersive sensual encounter completely mind blowing.  The music is spot on.  I purchased some of that music and it is playing in my ears while I work, motivating me finish up get back in game.  STAT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Erythrea said:

Big rooms or landscapes face a - literally - huge problem, huge distances.

This issue alone results in a somewhat lesser usability.
Also local chat is ill suited for such large rooms.

A few large landscapes, especially if intended for RP, may work.

Big rooms for the general population, however, might not turn out to be the holy grail.

 

Don't be so negative. i am sure Dev. can give it a try. it's not that hard to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

The distances are the real problem. We need some "jump points" that beam us to different spots in the room. This could also be used for elevators.
Or my dream would be moving objects, like a monorail where you can hop on and off.

It could be the great idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Imagine you have jump points from one room to another. Add the possibility to make an object clickable and have an info popup with pictures and texts, like our bios.

That would make for great treasure hunts or other activities.
You could find an object in a Tomb Raider like room with a riddle... "Enter the door to the left for glory and fortune. Enter the door to your right for eternal doom!"
And then you have to decide and see where your choice leads you 🙂
"His choice was... wise!" 😉

some good creators had created beautiful room based on this idea. all missing is option to click and intrect. Dev. add some more interactive option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Angelqueen said:

Its a great idea.. i have similar, when create a little city room (City Life)! I think the 3DXChat community need a complex room, to enjoy this fantasy digital world more, and better together! This will be a huge step int this way...

It's a good idea to have room like city life as default room. it will like real virtual city. perhaps it can also have AFK room for those who not like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be all honest I would love if they can redo the UI of rooms to something more representing the general rooms and then players custom rooms, because as of now, sometimes I tell new joining friends to meet me in Sin club and they wonder where is that because it's not labeled in the custom room list as "Sin club", they do need to do some remake on that so those rooms don't rot like some do now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Leathium said:

To be all honest I would love if they can redo the UI of rooms to something more representing the general rooms and then players custom rooms, because as of now, sometimes I tell new joining friends to meet me in Sin club and they wonder where is that because it's not labeled in the custom room list as "Sin club", they do need to do some remake on that so those rooms don't rot like some do now.

Great idea!  I remember as a new player struggling to know where to find 'Sin Club'.  In fact I don't know the official names of any of the default rooms.  A refresh of some of those are desperately needed too.  Some are largely empty most of time, and for good reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JackPine said:

Great idea!  I remember as a new player struggling to know where to find 'Sin Club'.  In fact I don't know the official names of any of the default rooms.  A refresh of some of those are desperately needed too.  Some are largely empty most of time, and for good reason.

Dev should remove those years old empty default rooms and replace it with new complex room would be the good idea. and of course UI need improvement. most of these design are 8 years old. even user UI need improvement as well. but will Dev. listen to user's feedback & make changes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to see some hard coded default scenes.  A few apartments - not large, but apartment scale to the avi.

bd89f1a164d6f2c77011c49dc5280e29.jpg

 

[wcE0sDR.pngimg]https://i.imgur.com/wcE0sDR.png[/img]

pTxkFXs.jpg

Then some hard coded environments with weather and adjustable gravity to build in.  Like a desert scene....

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fqt-ent.com%2FQTE%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FDT-4.gif&f=1&nofb=1

 

Winter

nr_00909_Untitled.jpg

With snow covered trees

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Fo_dwP0b4RM/VQls-mFG5_I/AAAAAAAAAO4/m04NW_-cV9U/s1600/tree_test.jpg[/img]

 

and fall spring and summer...... etc.

 

 

 

Edited by THX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought a small city street with the in-game locales having an outside view, so you would have say the night club, then a couple of doors down the sin club and so on, and you could click on the doors to those places and enter/load into them that way as a choice. At the end of the street you could have a small wharf with a couple of boats with signs that when clicked on would take you to the island and boat locales.  So in a way, this room could act as a kind of centralised lobby to all the default in-game locales, but cool enough to be a new usable locale in its own right as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...