3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

Dear players, as you noticed recently the load on our server has increased and the server can not handle it. Our team is working hard to update the server and software.

We thank you for your understanding and support. Stability is the most important for us now.

Please don't create a new 'server down' topics, use this one. Thanks.

Dear Gizmo, I think most know about the issue, but the excuse is yet lame  considering it was your aim to gain more people to play with the latest streaming thingy you added, any developer in their right mind would first of all see and check if the servers actually are capable of taking more people without causing issues before implementing a new feature that could or would attract more users.

It has been mentioned earlier this year if not late last year that you people was going to change service providers and extend the capacity of users, and improve the stability.

So if I may just suggest, at same time you guys change provider see that you also implement that stability patch you been promising for so long. OH ! and pls make an announcement in good time so the subscribers actually have time to prepare for the upcoming update and y'all don't get spammed with angry subscribers.

An example on how it's done, just for educative purpose is like they did in BDO, here is a good example on how to avoid butthurted gamers:  blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1230?lang=en

Had this thread been started at the beginning of the server troubles perhaps there wouldnt have been so many server down threads started. 

Well common Knowledge would have been to see if there´s a Topic about it already , before just creating a new One.(Not Aimed at you but in General , if people would checked before just doing it.)

Some are just making the thread as someone else is so it doesn't give a chance to see it until you've already posted.

Thank you Gizmo for putting this here so people have one place to go to.  Pinned even better so people can find it.  Although people have been posting elsewhere, word of mouth will help.

Agreed. And I think people do log in to forum and check to see if other topics are made. But topics made by and responded to only by members don't give you any actual info.  I could tell you the servers are down because someone broke into Gizmos house and stole his shit. Doesnt make it right or factual.  I posted a thread precisely to find out to whom I speak to get real information. This thread being set up and pinned for any further troubles AND having a dev or mod or admin or whatever you all call that here would go a long long way to avoid any future troubles for everyone concerned. 

Agreed. And I think people do log in to forum and check to see if other topics are made. But topics made by and responded to only by members don't give you any actual info.  I could tell you the servers are down because someone broke into Gizmos house and stole his shit. Doesnt make it right or factual.  I posted a thread precisely to find out to whom I speak to get real information. This thread being set up and pinned for any further troubles AND having a dev or mod or admin or whatever you all call that here would go a long long way to avoid any future troubles for everyone concerned. 

Actually that is the main description of being an Administrator, looks like some one is not doing their job    :D  :P

I see this is set up and pinned and ready for the next world catastrophe. :) thank you to whomever took the care to do this. Let us now hope that it's like not putting away your snow shovel in the winter so we don't have anymore snow! lol Perhaps the cyber universe gods will see there has been some proactive activity and the world is going to run as a dream. :)

I do not know if someone did it. But I would love, just to know what we talk about, that there is somewhere accessible an history of server crash.

Which day. What time it crashed. How long it has been a mess to log.

It seems to me to be better since 1 week.

Having an history with fact and not just memory and guess, would give this subject more objectivity.

Without that, even if things go better, it will take a long time to feel totally confident as I was for one year with nearly never a crash.

gizmo, it's really amazing that we getting so many new members on 3DX! you new marketing idea via plexstorm.com is working real good :D i know you'll get a better server for us, but for now, if that's the prices we got to pay for more ppl - so be it ^^

i can live with 10 -15 min down time a day if that means that 3DX gonna grow :3

gizmo, it's really amazing that we getting so many new members on 3DX! you new marketing idea via plexstorm.com is working real good :D i know you'll get a better server for us, but for now, if that's the prices we got to pay for more ppl - so be it ^^

i can live with 10 -15 min down time a day if that means that 3DX gonna grow :3

I sure hope it doesn't have anything to do with plexstorm, because if less then ten people watching a stream is going to crash the server I think it must have been one of the worse marketing moves ever. I think 3DX is likely slowly growing, but I bet they got less then 50 new uses from that whole thing.

Dear Gizmo, I understand the problem of the server, but we are being harmed we open our tooms people are having fun and poof, we leave people who like our rooms to see ships, something else bothers us, we spend our golds to lift the room, more than once and in the end we ended up spending our golds for nothing because we came back and we have to spend more to put it back, it would be cool of you to create an extra bonus for people like me and many others who open their rooms, less offsetting the expense we have, when crashes occur

How about putting cap on KB size on user room files when they're being opened publicly to encourage users to moderate their build sizes? Sure it would help the server stability somewhat too, if server send message when uploading about room file being too big, and message ask user to reduce objects and file size and try again. Don't see why files need to use above 300 - 400KB easy to make nice rooms below 300KB, there so many rooms being over-tuned with excess items causing either mild hic ups, lag or chops if you don't run top end PCs. So hard to picture this is not causing some strain on server too if it is for user within those rooms, maybe this could help to improve server performance while more permanent solutions is introduced.

Agree with you Kimmy,  if the size doesn't kill you, the huge places will.  Try to put a size warning display as you are designing your places.   That could be at the saving point or better yet before you go an try to save it.

Kimmy, Lena... A file size limit on user worlds would honestly cause a riot. My room is 960 kb and it's not even finished. If you take a look at other social games like Second Life or VRChat you should expect to be downloading several megabytes worth of content every time you enter a room. Even within 3DXChat alone there's user galleries and each picture is averaging about 400-600 kb. Now imagine you're clicking through lots of profiles in Sin Club or whatever. That's a lot of downloading.

So basically the user room file sizes don't matter at all. Whether a user's computer is strong enough to run things smoothly is entirely a client-side problem. It doesn't have anything to do with the server. I mean, yeah, we all wanna see these server issues come to a close but ya'll are suggesting things that would outright neuter the game's growing potential. Gizmo said updates are coming so just chill out and wait. 

ok, i give up, i did everything to get my game work again, 

i can update it ,  no firewall or antivirus issues ,    but i still cant log in ,   everytime when i want to log in,  i got the message "Cannot connect to the Server"      i really REALLY NEED HELP  !!  please