3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

This is my understanding of chargebacks after doing just a little research and asking a friend that works at a bank.

To which he said he wasn't absolutely sure, but fairly certain of the workings of it.

Banks have very little to do with making any decision on the 1st stage of a chargeback, which is a request from the purchaser.

This request is very much forwarded straight to the merchant who has a set time to respond.

They have to supply a reason for the chargeback not to be accepted, it has very little to do with the bank, other than the bank decides if the merchants reason is valid or not.

There are also restrictions on how long a customer has to be able to request a chargeback after the purchase.

It varies on the type of purchase, most being 120 days but some are less, also varies between Visa and Mastercard but both are mostly 120 days.

That is for customers, merchants have less time.

So in the case of 3DXChat closing up, it looks very much like anyone who has purchased a sub can claim it back if that purchase was made less than 120 days before the claim date.

The claim would be sent to BMT Micro, who would likely not be able to lodge a decent dispute, as the service that was paid for did not meet what was paid for.

BMT Micro would then have to seek returns from 3DXChat.

I have had to do this a few time with other merchants and all I can tell you is that it just took a phone call to get it started. The bank or credit card company will just verify your identity and then you answer some questions and explain the situation. It is then up to the merchant to be able to prove you received what you purchased. If they cannot prove that, they will issue a charge back.

It's just simple consumer protection that has been in place for many years. Maybe people don't really know about it but it does work.

Also I don't know what the negative aspects are to the merchant for a charge back but I do know they want to avoid them at all costs.

You can be on the phone with a merchant that seems hard nosed at issuing a refund but you mention calling your bank to issue a charge back and they will change their tune very quickly.

You take a risk when you sign up for anything.  I called my bank and they told me there is no guarantee that they could give me back my money.  I'd have to fight to get it and the bank could then question other purchases that I make.

So not sure where you get that strange idea but I got my information directly from the source.  Took me all of a few minutes to find out wht they would do and how they would proceed.  I guess you should tell that to all the Toys R' Us/Babies R' Us and Circuit City customers that bought cards they can't use.  Same for the game app company that shut down the app.  People are out money and they won't get it back.

My bank flat out told me they would question further purchases like that in the future that would be made if I questioned a refund about a game like this.

It's not as easy as you think and you'll be the one to face the consequences of it like my bank told me.  I live in the US and that's what I was told by the bank I deal with that has branches not just in the US.

I've never know a charge back to not occur to this point. But my point is how some other older worlds handle this

In RLC a charge back results in immediate ban as a charge back can be used for theft - to get a service but not pay for it (i.e. you received a service - a subscription, used it and then refused to pay for it.)

In terms of what would happen to SexyDevil/Bitmicro, they would receive a nasty letter from the creditor stating the payment was canceled  and they could have to pay an additional fee. These are often up to 60 day headaches per incident.

Often there are additional steps in some of the older worlds that, before they may lift your ban they require you to take a photo of yourself and driver's license along with proof of payment.

Each time a consumer files a chargeback, the merchant is hit with a fee (this can range from $20 to $100 per transaction). Even if the consumer later cancels the chargeback (for example, if it was filed because of non-delivery, but the item shows up a few days later), the merchant will still have to pay fees and administrative costs associated with the process.

crying-emoji_100px.png

If the consumer files a chargeback and simply keeps the merchandise, the merchant loses that revenue and any future potential for profit.

sad-emoji_100px.png

If monthly chargeback rates exceed a predetermined threshold, excessive fines (in the ballpark of $10,000) will be levied against the business.

crying-emoji_100px.png

If chargeback rates remain above the acceptable threshold, the acquiring bank could simply terminate the merchant account. This means a frozen merchant account, with the ability to process credit card payments revoked. Merchants are unable to accept cards so long as they have a closed merchant account.

sad-emoji_100px.png

If the merchant’s account is terminated, that business will be placed on the MATCH list. This means the business has been black-balled and is unable to secure a new account with a different processor for at least five years.

crying-emoji_100px.png

Even if the bank doesn't close the account, businesses that experience significant chargebacks could be forced to obtain high risk merchant accounts. These accounts come with steep processing fees and revenue-stealing rolling reserves.

Well that clearly explains why merchants really try to avoid such a thing.

You can ruin a company with credit card chargebacks

In the past there was a news about g2a and credit card fraud. G2A is platform to sell game keys but they don't sell the key themself they just provide the platform to do so.

A developer said that G2A needs some protection against stolen keys to be sold on their platform but G2A said its not their business to do so.

The developer was charged with costs for refunds because customers of G2A bought keys that were bought with stolen credit cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4yn8r2/g2a_is_actively_promoting_credit_card_fraud_by/

Back to topic!!!

What are you most interested in with the update 376:

1. Poses 

2. new server

3. landscapes

I think the poses are really needed and I hope when the server is done now that the focus switches back to the client and the content so we get more updates with clothing, poses, avatar stuff. 

The landscapes for the "W.E." sounds like a cool thing so we can have more diverse rooms and not only islands. 

I don't think the thread has got completely derailed, although it has turned in to one where people are epressing their concerns about the game and its future. I don't think it wrong to talk about this, it could be a bit of a wake up call for the developers. I think it is common with all games for users to always want more content, but users also want to be protected from harrassment as far as is reasonable and to feel confident that the money they pay won't be wasted.

Picking up on Halderim's post, Poses aren't the be all and end all, but they do help set the scene, so to speak. More poses won't make things better IMHO, if people just use them as if nothing else is required. The new server, I guess if it's new code then there's a chance for more of the issues brought up here to be incorporated. Landscapes would be great, people are making some fantastic places and I, like many others who post, think this provides a great way forward.

There’s one shirt that the females have that is unwearable by the well endowed. It stretches and you can see the shadow of said stretch. One of the 7-8 shirts I don’t wear lol.

Anyway. Best way to keep yourself protected is to utilize the tools given by the developers to protect yourself. Reports and ignore are both functions readily available for any and all players. Some people whine about simple internet trolling, that’s where it gets annoying. True “BULLIES” or harmful people(still... over the internet) can be quieted.

Poses... ok we’re not getting what was expected. But it’s something and odds are some people are actually excited about the ones presented. We’ve all made suggestions, complained, bitched and moaned.

There is this saying that my kid’s teacher used to tell her, “You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.” Might be a good new forum motto. :P

Side note: curious about the landscapes :D lol

I think will be very nice add the option of manage both genres with same avi. It will be usefull. Not needed to change avi.

Other option is too add third genre for the ones that want not "miskundertand". On other games usually is called Shemale. Identify it with Orange color in place of Blue or Pink :D