3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

Not to mention there is a delay as well on dealing with some posts here that has a racial slur and more.

And some people going off topic trying to ignite an argue instead of being constructive or to keep on topic, sometimes I really feel like this forums includes mostly under-aged people that just lurk around to spread toxic and attempt to "troll" lol.

you can be happy you haven't experienced any harassment or stalking yet. But this does not mean that there is none of them in-game and in the forum. the opposite is unfortunately the case. Field reports are part of the clarification of the planned Iggy change for update 2018. If a thread grows, then one has to look for earlier reports at some point. That's normal, right?  ;) 

I agree with you that personal hostility has no place in this thread. 

I mentioned this earlier, maybe should you scroll back in the garbage. You have no argument at all. Harassment in MMO games happens. There is an "ignore system" that allows you to deal with it. What is the point to have to ignore one, two or three. So I keep saying; I don't give a damn to iggy change, I want more privacy and less bug. I pay for the game as well as you do...so learn to be respectful

Well, you know I don't point fingers at people but people take offense easily from my words because they sense that I'm addressing them, and then they come back at me and quote my posts and go all personal with me.

So I can easily report that post for directly insulting me, using my forum user name (in a personal photo, if even), and making it a personal issue/argue with me, but hey I don't care, this is not the right topic for such worthless argues like that, as I'm pretty sure in the forums we are supposed to respect each other right?

So I don't see what is the point of your double post with one that has my posts in it. Lol.

And with all honesty, I don't see why Gizmo would post announcements here instead of this topic:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/3-upcoming-content/

This topic is supposed to be like "post your opinions, ideas, what you think? etc" but sadly it's just more like a troll/ragefest topic, it's like those spam topics where everyone spam some numbers or attack on the other people opinions/ideas/feedback, misleading the topic to multiple directions that build up nothing positive, else "dramas".

you mean like calling females "male"   I agree one hundred percent. what does that have to do with upcoming updates and the iggy system, nothing so in turn you were trolling right back yet seem to be pointing fingers elsewhere. takes two or more to troll. Kind of hard to troll if someone doesnt respond.  

Did I even call other females "Males"? Lol. You are totally making that up. But yeah "they" usually respond when they feel addressed with what I say, I believe I'm free to say what I want as long as it doesn't harm other people, for example I can say "People are ungrateful for what the devs are doing as they are doing the best they can to release patches and updates even on a slow rotation" does that mean all people? nope only the sensitive ungrateful people will take offense, if they "feel" I'm pointing finger at them, that's their issue, they can ignore/block me, but the respond is usually unfriendly and tends to attack me personally, which doesn't encourage me to be friendly either way.

I believe it's not as harmful as some people here who support and encourage the "trolls" or let's be formal and call them "toxic users/troublemakers" and be like "Go get em!" trying to irritate them. Lol. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5658368

Every forums I been in have a rule against double posts, they should really force one here as well.

If you want to address multiple posts you can contain them all in one post or wait till someone leave a post, as for now it looks all messy, and some people are abusing that to collect posts and raise their posts count.

One last thing about blocking and the iggy system... Use the block button. I know plenty who complain about the iggy system yet refuse to block people. If that is the case, they deserve all the crap they get. If you dont want to use the tools available, Its your own fault.

As a former “proud to have no one on iggy” enthusiast it’s typically that pride that becomes your downfall. Not all can be like me and get the trolls to iggy you first so.... get out your clickin fingers, use it for something even more satisfying than pose hopping and click that iggy button it’s there for a reason.

Jessica, 

I have never met "harassment" in the games...  I have met cheating players, trolls (mainly in World chat : we all know them..) But Harassment: no.

So where have you seen 'harassment'?

To all

By the way, could you keep the topic clean of your personal attack,  of trolling. It keeps players to be updated with Gizmo's messages... I had to scroll back a ton of garbages to find his post 

Thank you

Just because something has not happened to you does not mean it is not a problem. I have never been in a situation where I have been starving and I have never been robbed or murdered, but they are obviously all problems in our world. 

I have had multiple instances of people harassing me and when I ignore someone I want it to stop, on all of their characters. I don't think that's asking too much. Sure they can create a new account but most won't because many people are too cheap to do so. Having to make a new account is a good deterrent. Now people say: "Well under this new system, they have to pay for a new avi". And this seems correct, but it would take what.. 1 month of logging in to get a new avi at no cost. 

It seems really weird to me that we have to fight against a change in the system that makes it easier to harass people and not only are we met with some serious resistance, we are the ones who are actually being blamed for the drama and problems. How the hell can we be the ones causing the problems when we are asking to be left alone by the ones who do the harassing?

as far as alts go, they could always charge more for them. If they raised the price to say 20k it would make people think twice about it although i have a feeling they would just make new accounts .

I read about how all these people who are looking to fool people and how the ignore system is going to kill the game however its really only going to impact those who treat it like real life. I have been here almost five years and am very selective with who i talk to outside of hello or someone asking a game related question. Nothing against the rules in being selective with who you fuck or even are friends with. I will admit im also not looking for a new soulmate weekly so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

Could care less about pandora or which iggy system because at the end of the day i control who i talk to and dont talk to.

It will only affect your gameplay if you allow it to affect it

To an extent this is correct.

What will happen is that Gizmo's "fuck game" will be very unwelcoming to new players coming in to see what 3dx is all about. If that's what he wants, he is headed down the right road. 

According to previous threads, its already unwelcoming according to some. All i hear is that trust is very low so how exactly is it going to be any worse?

As far as people saying you folks who dont want to be harassed are the ones who are actually starting drama, i dont think you fine folks are at all. Anyone who can see both sides should be able to see you people are just upset because it opens the door for people to try to fuck with you. I just happen to think you guys are going to the extreme about it but thats just my opinion

Winner winner chicken dinner

Did I even call other females "Males"? Lol. You are totally making that up.

An example of someone ignorelisted by most of the game, and comes here to continue the glorious troll quest. Hello JimmyJuice, nice to meet you.

At least I am, who I say I am. But you keep posting in blue font and keep pretending to be someone you're not. I saw Rockster didn't like any of your posts after I put you on blast, kid.

One shot. One kill. Boom. :lol:

- Doesn't read what was actually quoted and posted previously

- Makes fool of self for not doing so

—Keeps responding back like he/she/they doesn't want any more drama

—Goes RIGHT back into making a bigger ass out of himself/herself/themselves

No wonder people stalk you. You bring the drama on yourself. :rolleyes:

If it's someone who has been harassing you, how are you to know it's them? We are not psychic. 

Harassers wil harass  ;) I' m not psychic, I am logical. Peeps who are minded this way, will always harass. Reason why they are so easy to detect, just like trolls

Gizmo could you flush the toilets?

At least I am, who I say I am. But you keep posting in blue font and keep pretending to be someone you're not. I saw Rockster didn't like any of your posts after I put you on blast, kid.

One shot. One kill. Boom. :lol:

—Keeps responding back like he/she/they doesn't want any more drama

—Goes RIGHT back into making a bigger ass out of himself/herself/themselves

No wonder people stalk you. You bring the drama on yourself. :rolleyes:

Whatever you say Jimmy  ;)

Well I don't remember calling someone directly "Jimmy" but Jimmy seems to have gone triggered and fussed, only by the mention of "Jimmy" which seems that it stroke a nerve.. and went directly insulting me on the next reply. Coincidence?  :rolleyes: 

I know you will not go as far as you were in the Game Jimmy since the forums rules are quite strict compared to the game's world chat. I don't even really know "Rockstar" in game, but if someone actually "Likes" my posts I appreciate it, if they don't I never gave a tiny fuck about the forum likes anyways. so idk what "On Blast, one shot one kill Widowmaker BS" you are on about. Please grow up. Lol.

Well I type in blue because I like to have a style and I'm a creative person, not some boring person who is liked only by the other trolls, who acts as a woman yet goes against all the other women in 3dx and assume their gender disrespectfully. A real woman would talk and stand mostly for the other women like herself, even partially, but in your case Jimmy you make it so obvious with how aggressive you happen to be against other women, let alone both has the same speech style.

giphy.gif

I have a question Mr Gizmo, What happens to my current ignore list, will it vanish and we have to start over or will people stay on it?

This is actually a really good question, not only important to know the answer to but also more important than people may think in other ways.

For me it doesn't matter so much as I don't have anyone I keep constantly on my iggy.

But if we are going to loose who is on there I can see a problem for those who have many on their list.

So I think we need to know so people can make a list of the names so they can re iggy them once it changes.

Plus, what about the ones we do not see on our lists, the alts to the ones that we have in there.

It seems they will suddenly be off our iggy and how many of them would not even be known by us to be that person.

Also one of the reasons that has been discussed for the full iggy likely being to much work to keep is that Gizmo would have to match up all the new avi IDs with the old account IDs.

This is another reason he should actually be doing that, so people don't loose who they have on iggy.

As for the people that are saying time would be better spent on other things.

If we look back to when the full iggy was taken away last time, there was such a scream about it that it was brought back very quickly.

My opinion is that will happen again, and if not it will soon be realised from things that will happen that it should not have been taken away.

The time to work on these things is when related things are being worked on, which he is doing right now.

To go back in and do it later would likely mean altering script he is doing right now.

If something is fairly certain to be required, and quite a few are saying it is, then not adding it now and doing the extra work later would likely be more costly time wise.

You just have to ignore each of alt as soon as they appear, so I clearly miss the point...

Yes you completely miss the point. 

No, none of us is missing the point. We all get both sides of the argument. But this kind of exchange does pretty much illustrate how far too often people express themselves on this forum as if their own perspective is the only correct one. 

There are people who have been seriously harassed. No one except maybe Gizmo has a clear idea of how extensive such behavior is. On the other hand, just reading this thread alone, it is pretty clear that some of us here are very opinionated, and so it is not surprising that from time to time some people feel harassed even though the person accused of doing the harassing didn't intend it that way. And, of course, there are players who express racist, misogynistic, and homophobic ideas in misguided attempts to be humorous. Add to that the personality conflicts that lead to serious instances of harassment, and there is no question that the ignore function is necessary. 

So MeiLing says she has never seen it. I say I have seen it, but only rarely and not enough that I consider it a major problem. And on the other side of the fence, Rockster and others feel that it happens enough to warrant action by the Devs, and that removing the account-wide ignore will be a significant inconvenience.  

But you know what? Arguing here won't solve the issue. And we won't really know what kind of effect the change will have until at least a week or so after the update is released. So, how about just putting the back-and-forth arguments to rest until then?