3DXChat Community

Missing Code-Function for room protection

Ica

If I had to ask for one thing, it wouldn't necessarily be a password, but the possibility of creating a read-only file to share creations that you don't want to be modified. Generally speaking, and no matter what anyone says, creativity isn't about using bits and pieces of creations and mixing them together. This results in "Frankenstein" rooms with no unity whatsoever. Of course, adding a sofa here and there can be useful, but fundamentally, creativity will only increase if players are encouraged to create things themselves, at least that's my opinion. It's quite true that some players would opt for the non-modifiable option, temporarily or indefinitely, on some of their creations. But the mass of new files (those that would be non-editable) usable by everyone on the game would more than compensate for the reduction in the flow of editable rooms made available. I work in the arts... If anyone could appropriate the work of others, it would just be hell ! Here, it's just a game, you might say. But the mechanisms are the same. Does this game deserve a little more consideration for its creators ? I think so, but that's just my opinion. And let's not forget that there are a great many creators...

As for why a creator would like, temporarily or otherwise, to share a non-modifiable room, that will always remain very personal. This question seems strange to me. Why on earth would anyone want to avoid having their work butchered by someone before they claim to have built the entire room ? People like me, who spend hundreds of hours on the editor (for a single room !), with passion, and who put all their sensitivity and imagination into their creation, who get tendonitis from working so many hours... Would never ask that question. It's legitimate, but that doesn't mean we won't share anything that can be modified. In any case, the choice will make it possible to share in both cases, instead of abstaining.

Personally, I wouldn't underestimate the generosity of the creators - I'm sure they'd continue to share editable files. Simply, everyone will know that this will be possible without the slightest ambiguity or drama.
In any case, we can even anticipate that for those who sell their creations, editable files would be sold at a higher price than others, which would guarantee their continuity.

I understand how skeptical you can be about all this, as a game developer. You have to weigh up the pros and cons. In any case, I think it's an interesting idea for everyone. 😀

We all know the conditions and the consequences which comes along with sharing rooms, either to the public or inside the team for opening the room. I already experienced everything, from room stealing (as it was still possible) and from a crazy ex-team mate opening my own rooms against me just to hurt me. Funny that this person is now a high graduated 3dx builder which got an official interview recently. Anyhow… the world is full of idiots. A lot of things needs trustworthy people which are very rare in the virtual world. No system will be ever save in a way that it can’t be cracked. If you do not need the money think twice for who you build or who you sell your creations. As a builder you are an artist, so don’t waste your talent.

2 hours ago, OliverX said:

Generally speaking, and no matter what anyone says, creativity isn't about using bits and pieces of creations and mixing them together. This results in "Frankenstein" rooms with no unity whatsoever. Of course, adding a sofa here and there can be useful, but fundamentally, creativity will only increase if players are encouraged to create things themselves, at least that's my opinion.

As builders, it is easy for us to say they can build themselves, what looks easy for us is not for everyone. It is like a painter telling me "paint it yourself if you want it", well the result will be real bad cos I suck in painting.

I have seen some better rooms made by people mixing shared objects than some fully designed rooms. 

I think each builder has a different approach of his work, I personally dont give a s*** of what people do with what I shared, as long as they dont try to make profit from it, but I also fully understand that some have a more personal approach and dont want to see their creations altered. I am for a protection option for those who wants to use it. 

I just dont believe a protection will increase any creativity, it might just increase the number of files shared, and even this, I am not that sure, many people dont share their work because they want to keep it exclusive, and this also I can understand.

If some builders reading this now, could you let me know if you would share more of you work if you had this password protection or not? And why would you, or why would you not? Would you share it free or would you sell it? I have for now hard time to see what would be the consequences of it if implemented.

Edited by Torax

3DX needs Builders, they are content creators which is an asset for the Devs.

Like Gizmo said, Players who are not professional builders like to Download other Players Creations that they share freely by enlarge and give these Players the creative freedom to modify the downloaded room. I dont know how many "professional builders" are actually "professional", they may seem it but you only become proficient at anything through hours and hours of doing it.

"Proffesional Builders" aside, 3DX has a large reliance on this "Freeware" created by Players for other Players to be able to use and modify. This is a selling point of 3DX, it has been from 1.0, to be able to moves furniture around in your Default room, add items etc.

Now with the Builder, this feature has only become more prominent as a way to provide all Players with New content on a regular basis and satisfy the Games Player Base with readily available Free content that can be personalized by basically anyone with only a little skill.

The Devs will not dam this free flowing river as it basically has ended their role in providing rooms/locations and now is primarily on the Player Base to create this content.

Gizmos question is, why are Builders so afraid to share their rooms. I dont think "afraid" is the word, hundreds of roomsobjects are freely shared already. Those people who dont share their creations, firstly have every right not to and secondly might only share to a friend or two. they might also have different reasons for building rooms/objects. Creative people just create, its the way they are.

Some want passwords to protect their rooms from being edited. A reasonable request, but I think Gizmo is exaggerating his projected future of a password protection option leading to the majority of rooms being uneditable. Maybe a fear, for obvious reasons as stated earlier but the current climate is that most Builders want to share and do share free of charge.

It seems like most Builders prime reason for Building is to share, to show their work so I dont think this would change much at all.

Seriousley, I doubt a password Protection System will be added, I also doubt a read only file scenario will be added also because the Devs need the Free content and forfill part of the Games features, that of being able, at any level of proficiency, to modify a Room in the Builder and make this available to everyone. This is fair and really cant be argued against.

If this is stated over and over for being the reason against Password Protection on Created Rooms then there is really nothing that can be argued against.

Builders who are actually in favour of some level of Room Protection from Editing I would say are a small Group. I would also say that these "Builders" spend most of their Game time in the Builder building. You would have to enjoy it to spend that amount of time creating. Time is the currency here.

The more detailed a room the more Time went into it, once spent time is gone forever.

Compare that to a Downloader, who has all that time of the Creator entwined into the room they just Downloaded, and in an hour or two they can modify it, share it, pass it off as their own, take credit for, the list goes on.

Personally im for tha abilty to create a read only file and have the "choice" how I would release my content.

The "Fear" as Gizmo put it, well the Fear is not having the Choice.

I think we should all have the Choice.

Finally on this looong ass post, Gizmo is the Dev and he will make decisions based on satisfying the most Players to keep the base at a particualr size and keep the profits coming in. Its a business, most of us get that, but he has the decisions to make and every one has an affect on Players and mood of the Game.

In the End if you really dont want your rooms messed with then DO NOT share them, its simple.....with that said I wonder how many "Professional Builders" as Gizmo put it, would inject their Rooms into the Game that do not. Would the game be better having these Builders share even though Players might have to deal with them being uneditable. Would Players be angry they cant Edit such rooms..I dont know, just a thought.

Anyhoots have soopa funs :P

@Torax:

1 hour ago, Torax said:

As builders, it is easy for us to say they can build themselves, what looks easy for us is not for everyone. It is like a painter telling me "paint it yourself if you want it", well the result will be real bad cos I suck in painting.

I have seen some better rooms made by people mixing shared objects than some fully designed rooms. 

I think each builder has a different approach of his work, I personally dont give a s*** of what people do with what I shared, as long as they dont try to make profit from it, but I also fully understand that some have a more personal approach and dont want to see their creations altered. I am for a protection option for those who wants to use it. 

I just dont believe a protection will increase any creativity, it might just increase the number of files shared, and even this, I am not that sure, many people dont share their work because they want to keep it exclusive, and this also I can understand.

If some builders reading this now, could you let me know if you would share more of you work if you had this password protection or not? And why would you, or why would you not? Would you share it free or would you sell it? I have for now hard time to see what would be the consequences of it if implemented.

I agree. When I talk about increasing creativity, I'm not talking about quality but quantity: in other words, encouraging players to create, globally, with the means and experience they have. To make the effort to go the extra mile, shall we say, with all the pitfalls that entails, but which are always rewarding in the end. I'm sensitive to this aspect of things, but I recognize that it's probably secondary. In any case, to answer your question, with the possibility of sharing my rooms via read-only files, I would probably have shared them all without exception for free, and for a long time. Instead, I keep them on my computer and open them between 2 and 4 times each to bring them to life and share them at least for the duration of an event. I've often been offered money to acquire them, but I've always refused, and my close circle of friends also advise me against accepting. That's why I reacted to this subject.

I'd also be curious to hear from other creators. I think whatever choice everyone makes will be the right one (selling, sharing for free or abstaining), but from my point of view a tool to save read-only files might have a real impact on the game. While some clubs would undoubtedly remain exclusive, we could, on the other hand, see the reappearance of many "forgotten" chill/sex-rooms or discover more new rooms... At this moment I am not sure either, but this question is very interesting.

I was thinking about what we did discuss the past days regarding an option to protect room`s.

There are some opportunities like:

-          Editable/not editable room

-          Password protected – not protected

There will be always the issue that you can’t edit anything. If there is a new standard ingame furniture, you can’t add it and maybe if there is a new pose – whatever. And and and…

-          Maybe there is way to protect grouped objects. The function for grouped objects is already existing inside the 3dx-Editor. 

Then there would be the possibility still to edit something inside the room.  But even with this solution would be ways around; like build a layer or add items at a protected group of objects. And And And

-          An information about the original designer: “creation date and builder name” would be helpful in general

Whatever the way will be. There are pros and cons, and this are possibilities. Maybe a beginning. The big-picture in my mind is an ingame-shop(s) for rooms and objects – even designs for free. Then you can make sure that content won’t be shared "illegal” and you will be able to define rules about what is allowed to edit and what is not allowed, and everything stays inhouse. :)

1 hour ago, Ica said:

The big-picture in my mind is an in game-shop(s) for rooms and objects – even designs for free. Then you can make sure that content won’t be shared "illegal” and you will be able to define rules about what is allowed to edit and what is not allowed, and everything stays inhouse. :)

How will you prevent someone to download objects from the shop, and then upload a whole room and sell it on the shop? Also, if all goes through the shop, how will you be able to create something for a friend without making it public in the shop? Some builders do co-building, so they need to be able to send the file to each others too, how can this be managed through a shop?

If it stays in house, it means we wont have anymore the possibility to access the world files neither, it means that many tools wont be usable anymore, and sometimes editing the world file is faster than doing it through the world editor.

Last but not least, today this feature is managed by players themselves who set up websites, and not even speaking about the tech side of a shop, the moderation and management time is huge, so they would need to hire people to follow this. Today if there is an issue with a downloaded file or people selling things they shouldn't, all these claims are not managed between players themselves and the devs dont have headaches with them :x

I dont see any miracle solution to the problem, and every solution will solve some things and create new issues.  The less-arming solution is to put a new protection option and let everyone decide to use it or not, let people decide also if they want to download rooms or buy rooms with read only activated. 

@Gizmo, would it be possible to make a survey on discord (not here cos only a fraction of the community comes on forum, and most of the times the dinosaurs :x here before discord was set up)? To have like a better idea of what people or dont want? Not only builders but also users of created content?

Edited by Torax

3 hours ago, OliverX said:

I agree. When I talk about increasing creativity, I'm not talking about quality but quantity: in other words, encouraging players to create, globally, with the means and experience they have. To make the effort to go the extra mile, shall we say, with all the pitfalls that entails, but which are always rewarding in the end.

I don't think it is actually works this way. People create something primarily when they have a desire to create. Yes, some idea like "I want to make a replica of my real life apartment to make my naughty adventures in game feel more real" or "I want to build that stylish futuristic nightclub I saw in that sci-fi film" sure can give a motivation to create and learn, but only when a person has that basic desire to build and create. When they are lacking this desire - less free shared and editable rooms will not make them create more. It will only make them chose from less options and make their user experience more poor. 

I do understand though that content creators have no obligation to make other users' experience better. It's clearly a voluntarily act and not a duty. I am just saying that you should not expect that it will make other people more creative. It most probably will not. 

The real problem that I see with a non-editable files is that it can create conflicting and unpleasant situations when it'll come to selling world files. Yes, a fair and honorable person will openly state that file that they sell is non-editable and will make a protentional buyer aware of that fact before the purchase, but not everyone are this way. And some people may think that its not in their responsibility to make the buyer aware of it, especially considering that non-editable files definitely going to sell worse than editable ones. And if their protentional customer not going to ask about it before the purchase - author may even feel like they did nothing wrong with selling non-editable file without notifying about it. Which may lead to the drama when the buyer will discover that they can't even move a couch or add a table to the place they just bought and will feel scammed. 

Another drama may happen if someone will find a way to crack the non-editable files protection and will share such an instrument. Which very possible to happen, even Denuvo that costs huge amounts of money is getting broken again and again. 

And then, if such tools will eventually be released, each and every non-editable file that content creators shared will be in danger. And you will not be able to take it back, because who knows how many people already downloaded it. I can only guess what a huge drama going to happen in 3dxchat's community if such a thing will happen and how much hate 3dxchat's dev team going to face from some creators if this will happen. 

2 hours ago, Torax said:

How will you prevent someone to download objects from the shop, and then upload a whole room and sell it on the shop?

No download. Cloudbased. Like in million other games when you do buy ingame content. You do just have it. It is not a file on your computer. And then there will be millions option like editable, database watermark and what you did buy you can not re-sell at the ingame shop (or re offer for free)... But how I did say. Thats the big picture.

Edited by Ica

1 hour ago, Xizi said:

I don't think it is actually works this way. People create something primarily when they have a desire to create. Yes, some idea like "I want to make a replica of my real life apartment to make my naughty adventures in game feel more real" or "I want to build that stylish futuristic nightclub I saw in that sci-fi film" sure can give a motivation to create and learn, but only when a person has that basic desire to build and create. When they are lacking this desire - less free shared and editable rooms will not make them create more. It will only make them chose from less options and make their user experience more poor. 

I do understand though that content creators have no obligation to make other users' experience better. It's clearly a voluntarily act and not a duty. I am just saying that you should not expect that it will make other people more creative. It most probably will not. 

The real problem that I see with a non-editable files is that it can create conflicting and unpleasant situations when it'll come to selling world files. Yes, a fair and honorable person will openly state that file that they sell is non-editable and will make a protentional buyer aware of that fact before the purchase, but not everyone are this way. And some people may think that its not in their responsibility to make the buyer aware of it, especially considering that non-editable files definitely going to sell worse than editable ones. And if their protentional customer not going to ask about it before the purchase - author may even feel like they did nothing wrong with selling non-editable file without notifying about it. Which may lead to the drama when the buyer will discover that they can't even move a couch or add a table to the place they just bought and will feel scammed. 

Another drama may happen if someone will find a way to crack the non-editable files protection and will share such an instrument. Which very possible to happen, even Denuvo that costs huge amounts of money is getting broken again and again. 

And then, if such tools will eventually be released, each and every non-editable file that content creators shared will be in danger. And you will not be able to take it back, because who knows how many people already downloaded it. I can only guess what a huge drama going to happen in 3dxchat's community if such a thing will happen and how much hate 3dxchat's dev team going to face from some creators if this will happen. 

You're right to point out that creating is an act that many won't have the desire or the time to initiate. But not everyone, and it's those other people I'm thinking of. They may be very creative, but they can get discouraged very quickly at first, because the first step is difficult, and reusing a room is the easy and moderately satisfactory solution. If the best way to get exactly what they want is to take the editor in hand, that's just a few more designers on the game. Others won't take the plunge any more than they would normally, and often won't even edit a room; for them, having more files available (editable + non-editable) would actually increase their choice and satisfaction. On the other hand, those who know how to edit a room would be encouraged to do a little more in the editor (between us, when we know how to modify a room, the border is not very thick to start creating...).

As for the possible worries associated with this tool, they're real, but it's not as if there weren't huge worries already. These seem to me far more problematic than what we're discussing here today. I think that file-sharing platforms would be very good at filtering file submissions, especially if the extensions are different. They could manage this very well without the developers ever being held responsible. In the case of hacking, of course, it's different, but that's the lot of all games, and it's a matter for the developers alone. Here, we're merely discussing an idea that would benefit creators, who could thus share files that they would not normally have shared, or at least more peacefully... We will see if this idea will fail or not !

Edited by OliverX

In fact there is always 2 kinds of "stealing" in game among the builders: either just steal parts/whole room and claim as their own, or steal the idea and technique from others. But the difference is stealing(or maybe "learned/inspired")the idea and skills is doing far-less damage than just steal the whole thing and claim it: because this also need the skills—— let's admit: builders are all copying and learning either from each others or from the internet and everyone is okay with that. I'm okay if someone copying my idea or use my techniques to build their own things, or actually I'm happy to see that! but nobody will love the room they worked 3 months on it became some "cold no chat"fuck room, or just some talentless(more like lazyness) folk's show off.

Adding a code feature to the room, or simply a " non-editable" feature will surely save a lotta time working on anti-copying objects, but mostly like the official's attitude of "we don't like your stealing, either getting good, or getting some template rooms that uploaded by others, and admit it." It's not a hard work, but it surely could help most of the builders to protect their shares around friends... at least we don't have to save our most precious works and never showing to public

Edited by Lunarelf

To be honest, lot of downloads look great but are crap built. I remember a room reducing 30% of kB by removing duplicates, others are just lazy copy and paste things that could be slim built.
My favourite rooms are mostly downloads i optimized or arranged for me. But 10 or 20 hours i have to spend. 
Think just about you want to do or changes poses. i often miss wall poses where it would be fun to have.
I always say, i did not build it myself, just make it my home by editing it.
And technically, how should it work to host a protected room, tell the server the password when sharing?

4 hours ago, MistressBeryl said:

To be honest, lot of downloads look great but are crap built. I remember a room reducing 30% of kB by removing duplicates, others are just lazy copy and paste things that could be slim built.
My favourite rooms are mostly downloads i optimized or arranged for me. But 10 or 20 hours i have to spend. 
Think just about you want to do or changes poses. i often miss wall poses where it would be fun to have.
I always say, i did not build it myself, just make it my home by editing it.
And technically, how should it work to host a protected room, tell the server the password when sharing?

This is hard to answer right now, cause we are just discussing possibilities. I do prefer a solution that you are still able to edit for privat use. 

Ok, I understand that you want to show off your rooms that you have been working on for a long time, but you are afraid that they will be used without your knowledge or even a link to your authorship. I think the best thing you can do to protect your room is to only post a photo or video of your room, not a file. A password won't help. Keeping the file to yourself only is a very good defense of your room. Again, if you want to show off your room, just post a photo and a video. Don't forget to put a big watermark with your name on it. You can also open the room for guests to come in and view your masterpiece. But never post your file.

On 8/29/2023 at 3:14 AM, Diana Prince said:

I worked 7 month on my latest room, countless hours. And I want it to stay the way it is, because it's a 1:1 recreation of the Courthouse Square from Back to the Future.
Maybe these restrictions lead to even more creativity of the players because more people learn to build.
Maybe you saw Hinchs awesome New York room. Before he opened it, I thought my own New York room was good... But I was so wrong... So I took this an an encouragement to rebuild from scratch and make it (partially) even better and become a more experienced builder.

Don't share it to someone then.

I don't understand why everyone does not understand this, it is simple, don't share your room if you don't want it edited.

Gizmo has a good setup and trying to reinvent it to suit their needs is silly as MeiLing has stated previously. He has fixed the in-game stealing, but if you share your room publicly, he has no control of it afterwards. Why does all this land on Gizmo's lap when it is nothing he can do to fix it? If you want everyone to see your work, Torax has a section on his site for non-shared rooms, add it to that list instead, so all the world can see it but not touch it.

If you don't want your room edited don't share it in public, simple math. If that had happened to me, but it hasn't yet, I would not be mad I would be proud that someone thought my room was so good they wanted to use it, and as far as editing it, it would be cool to see what they do to it, it may be better than my version or seen the feel of the room better than I did. Sounds like a bunch of vanity to me.

Remember, imitation is the greatest form of flattery!

13 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

Don't share it to someone then.

I don't understand why everyone does not understand this, it is simple, don't share your room if you don't want it edited.

Gizmo has a good setup and trying to reinvent it to suit their needs is silly as MeiLing has stated previously. He has fixed the in-game stealing, but if you share your room publicly, he has no control of it afterwards. Why does all this land on Gizmo's lap when it is nothing he can do to fix it? If you want everyone to see your work, Torax has a section on his site for non-shared rooms, add it to that list instead, so all the world can see it but not touch it.

If you don't want your room edited don't share it in public, simple math. If that had happened to me, but it hasn't yet, I would not be mad I would be proud that someone thought my room was so good they wanted to use it, and as far as editing it, it would be cool to see what they do to it, it may be better than my version or seen the feel of the room better than I did. Sounds like a bunch of vanity to me.

Remember, imitation is the greatest form of flattery!

But if I WANT to share it, but don't want it to be edited? How would you do this then?

I grouped everything, so it's more difficult to change stuff. But it's no protection.

Is a non-editable room really such a bad thing? Then all the dramas about who's creation it is would vanish. In my opinion, we would gain more than lose. It's always better to have an option than to have none.

"But if I WANT to share it, but don't want it to be edited? How would you do this then?"

Why would you want a bunch of your exact room out there, if it became that popular, in the game? Again, sounds like a vanity thing to me.

"I grouped everything, so it's more difficult to change stuff. But it's no protection."

Why do people say this is great protection or a deterrent, all you have to do is ungroup them, or you can even ungroup a single object for that matter.

"Is a non-editable room really such a bad thing?"

Gizmo has already explained that for us, it defeats the whole purpose of the world editor's original function, which is to allow members to create their own maps and share them with the community.

I think everyone is making a lot of work for the devs, when it is only a fraction of the members complaining.

Example: for simplicity's sake say there are 100 active members and 10 of them are complaining about the other 90 stealing their creations. It would not make sense to handcuff the 90 to appease the 10 people complaining. For one rooms can't be "stolen" in game now, so the only way someone can get someone's room is if they willfully share it somewhere. If you don't share it, it can't be edited. As far as claiming someone's work, I could do that just by saying I made it, because it was shared, it is out of the creators hands.

If you don't want to have your room stolen or edited don't share it. Well, then you say, people will stop sharing. This could be a good thing as it would force the lazy people to learn how to do it themselves and end up adding more content, because a majority of the new creators will share their stuff cause they want others to see their great work.

And even if the ones that are complaining do stop sharing, there is so much free content available to DL it would not matter.

3DXC is banning people for changing the avatar files so that you can have 10 tails or so. Why don't you advocate for being able to change the avis as we want them? It hinders our creativity...

On the other hand, why shouldn't we have the same choice as the devs to "lock" the avis? Our own work we spend a lot of time with.

It seems to me that we're missing out on the real issues linked to the question of a dual file-sharing mode.
Imagine a customer in a bakery, who would like to order chocolate pastries... But the bakery doesn't use chocolate. His arguments are "we've already got enough to do with pastries without chocolate", or "you just don't eat chocolate, what's the problem?" or "we don't have enough customers asking for it" or "why do you want chocolate? You only think of yourselves !"
The problem is, if we were to take a poll, the majority of players would opt for chocolate pastries as well. Simply because they wouldn't be losing anything, but gaining something - an extra choice. Because the game doesn't have a minority of builders, but a vast majority. It's not a question of judging the vanity of so-and-so, and let's beware of judging everyone's motivations, at the risk of falling into moralizing, which always avoids getting to the heart of the matter. Instead, let's ask ourselves what the creation of a dual file-sharing mode would or would not bring to the community. Nothing more, nothing less ! And our developers will calmly assess the situation, taking their time. There's no need to put ourselves in their shoes - that's not our role, and they don't need lawyers either. Our role is to bring up ideas. If these ideas appeal to them, so much the better; if they don't, it's no big deal.
For the moment, things seem set to remain unchanged, but this kind of decision can't be made in a hurry anyway. The message seems to have got through, that's the main thing, and we'll adapt anyway 🤗

8 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

3DXC is banning people for changing the avatar files so that you can have 10 tails or so. Why don't you advocate for being able to change the avis as we want them? It hinders our creativity...

On the other hand, why shouldn't we have the same choice as the devs to "lock" the avis? Our own work we spend a lot of time with.

You are using a bad comparison, avatars and world editing are completely different.

Avatars were never meant to be changed other than what is available in the closet. If you edit an avatar file to make it behave differently then the game allows that would be circumventing the game, so yea they should be banned.

The world file concept was meant for people being able to edit the world files and share them if they so did choose.

It was never intended to be protected as everyone is asking for. I stand by my earlier comments.

5 minutes ago, OliverX said:

It seems to me that we're missing out on the real issues linked to the question of a dual file-sharing mode.
Imagine a customer in a bakery, who would like to order chocolate pastries... But the bakery doesn't use chocolate. His arguments are "we've already got enough to do with pastries without chocolate", or "you just don't eat chocolate, what's the problem?" or "we don't have enough customers asking for it" or "why do you want chocolate? You only think of yourselves !"
The problem is, if we were to take a poll, the majority of players would opt for chocolate pastries as well. Simply because they wouldn't be losing anything, but gaining something - an extra choice. Because the game doesn't have a minority of builders, but a vast majority. It's not a question of judging the vanity of so-and-so, and let's beware of judging everyone's motivations, at the risk of falling into moralizing, which always avoids getting to the heart of the matter. Instead, let's ask ourselves what the creation of a dual file-sharing mode would or would not bring to the community. Nothing more, nothing less ! And our developers will calmly assess the situation, taking their time. There's no need to put ourselves in their shoes - that's not our role, and they don't need lawyers either. Our role is to bring up ideas. If these ideas appeal to them, so much the better; if they don't, it's no big deal.
For the moment, things seem set to remain unchanged, but this kind of decision can't be made in a hurry anyway. The message seems to have got through, that's the main thing, and we'll adapt anyway 🤗

I didn't state that that is how it is, I stated my opinion. I could care less of what becomes of this anyway, and I stand by my opinion. Because I can see this is one of those conversations that go around in circles, and nothing happens any different in the end.  But you all do have valid points, but I believe this is one of those things that will not make everyone happy in the end. "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

Let tell you a story, a story about me and a friend. So one day I'm surfing through all the wonderful worlds and I come across the most beautiful place, a world that clearly took many months (if not years) to make that I was overwhelmed by its sheer beauty. This wasn't a room made for a "Cold Fuck Room" it was art. So I think to myself, yeah, I can do something similar maybe not everything or as good but something that I can make and call it mine. So I go searching through Google finding all the ideas and pictures I need to start my new project and get right to work... one hour turns in two, then another and then a day and a week... and finally after over a month I'm finished.  I'm so very proud of myself that I even tried, that I stayed focused and never changed the goal that I set out to create. And this is were it all goes downhill.

I'm of course excited and I want to show everyone, and well... so I did. Some loved it and some clearly not as much but I was happy that my project was seen and that's all I cared about at the time. Then one of my friends asks, could I have the file? Now I'm kind of private and almost ever show my work so I thought, sure why not, thinking they would use the work as is. The next time I'm on this friend ask me to come look at all the 'changes' that they made for me and I'm thinking... "Oh no, changes?" but hey, maybe all they did was downloaded a few objects and inserted them into the room.. okay, I'm not super happy but I can deal with it. I mean, something I spent more then month on was changed in less then a day...  keep a open mind Bella I think, stop worrying it'll be fine and I'm invited to take a look... and I'm immediately heart broken. They had ripped off walls, changed colors throughout the room, downloaded a sex dungeon and bunch of other rooms stitching them in the most horrific way.. worse yet it had nothing to do with what vibes I was trying to create and mentally I was devastated. This wasn't what I wanted people to see, not in anyway would I make something that looked so terrible but there I am staring at my masterpiece torn apart in a day and looking nothing like the way I wanted it. I was beyond upset but hey, I shared it and that was the risks I took trusting anyone at all... call me stupid for ever thinking to be kind enough to share.

After having the experience that I did I would love to have the ability to lock the room and then share it so someone other then myself can show it off but are not able to modified it whatsoever. Then as updates roll out I can add them in and make new revisions but in the way I want them or maybe even through suggestions. This might even make me want to share more, maybe all my work if the in the future we had the ability to lock it down completely. If you ask me I'm a firm yes but give me this option Gizmo. It's all some of the members are asking for. Thanks from your friend, BellaGirl

I am asking for an option. An option to choose when I do share a room that the room is protect or not. The magic about the editor with all the function is to share! I was talking with a lot of builders before and they all did agree because it would be an option. That’s why I did start this topic. 🤨

5 hours ago, BellaGirl said:

Let tell you a story, a story about me and a friend. So one day I'm surfing through all the wonderful worlds and I come across the most beautiful place, a world that clearly took many months (if not years) to make that I was overwhelmed by its sheer beauty. This wasn't a room made for a "Cold Fuck Room" it was art. So I think to myself, yeah, I can do something similar maybe not everything or as good but something that I can make and call it mine. So I go searching through Google finding all the ideas and pictures I need to start my new project and get right to work... one hour turns in two, then another and then a day and a week... and finally after over a month I'm finished.  I'm so very proud of myself that I even tried, that I stayed focused and never changed the goal that I set out to create. And this is were it all goes downhill.

I'm of course excited and I want to show everyone, and well... so I did. Some loved it and some clearly not as much but I was happy that my project was seen and that's all I cared about at the time. Then one of my friends asks, could I have the file? Now I'm kind of private and almost ever show my work so I thought, sure why not, thinking they would use the work as is. The next time I'm on this friend ask me to come look at all the 'changes' that they made for me and I'm thinking... "Oh no, changes?" but hey, maybe all they did was downloaded a few objects and inserted them into the room.. okay, I'm not super happy but I can deal with it. I mean, something I spent more then month on was changed in less then a day...  keep a open mind Bella I think, stop worrying it'll be fine and I'm invited to take a look... and I'm immediately heart broken. They had ripped off walls, changed colors throughout the room, downloaded a sex dungeon and bunch of other rooms stitching them in the most horrific way.. worse yet it had nothing to do with what vibes I was trying to create and mentally I was devastated. This wasn't what I wanted people to see, not in anyway would I make something that looked so terrible but there I am staring at my masterpiece torn apart in a day and looking nothing like the way I wanted it. I was beyond upset but hey, I shared it and that was the risks I took trusting anyone at all... call me stupid for ever thinking to be kind enough to share.

After having the experience that I did I would love to have the ability to lock the room and then share it so someone other then myself can show it off but are not able to modified it whatsoever. Then as updates roll out I can add them in and make new revisions but in the way I want them or maybe even through suggestions. This might even make me want to share more, maybe all my work if the in the future we had the ability to lock it down completely. If you ask me I'm a firm yes but give me this option Gizmo. It's all some of the members are asking for. Thanks from your friend, BellaGirl

That's exactly what I fear would happen! I spent 7 month to place each of the 80.000 primitives in my room. In exactly the way they were intended to! 

I would love to share the room for others to enjoy and open, but I don't want it to be changed.