3DXChat Community

it's high time to update 3dx lol Your game's hella outdated

Like I said in the title, the game is totally outdated. It's 2023 already, time to make some changes. As Stalin once said, 'If you criticize, you gotta offer solutions,' so here are my suggestions:

1)Revamp the profile view, damnit. I checked the update history on the site, and it's been like 10 years with zero changes. I whipped up a quick mockup of how it could look more 2023-ish, but it's just a rough draft. I did it in like three minutes. Just giving you an idea of what it could be.

2)The character models, meeeeh. Have you seen them without clothes? The texture quality is cringeworthy for 2023. I get that you snatched a few hairstyles from Skyrim mods, but you should totally use more of that stuff (google CBBE 4-8k, but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about). You don't even have to do much, just import some skins and swap out the old ones. It's 2023, even a GTX 1030 and an i3 12100 (costs like 150 bucks or even less) can handle it. I feel like you're too worried about performance for the budget gaymers with laptops, but nowadays, a lot of people have decent rigs.

3)Let us carry someone and walk around. Add a separate button for that, like a 'cuddle' button or something

4)If someone's slacking off (not moving or messaging anyone), just boot 'em out of the room for being inactive. It's hella annoying when there are like 90 people in the room, and 80 of 'em are sippin' on coffee, playin' Minecraft, or doin' something else.

5)4k textures! As a person rocking an RTX 4090, it hurts real bad watching those graphics in the game. C'mon, you ain't gotta do much, just download them. I think it's all about your unwillingness to change, considering updates come out like once a year.

6)Finally, hook us up with the ability to import images into the game. That'll open up a bunch of new possibilities for builders.

7)Instead of dropping updates once a year, at least add one new pose every month. It's better than having nothing at all.

666.jpg

Edited by KristinaTheKitty

To be not a complete Negatron. I would say that the core of the game is pretty solid . I also want to add that since I am not a game developer and my "opinion" is purely based on my general impression I have to agree with KristinaTheKitty that game is begging for improvement. I want to see this game as a triple A title and constantly grow. 

14 hours ago, KristinaTheKitty said:

2)The character models, meeeeh. Have you seen them without clothes? The texture quality is cringeworthy for 2023. I get that you snatched a few hairstyles from Skyrim mods, but you should totally use more of that stuff (google CBBE 4-8k, but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about). You don't even have to do much, just import some skins and swap out the old ones. It's 2023, even a GTX 1030 and an i3 12100 (costs like 150 bucks or even less) can handle it. I feel like you're too worried about performance for the budget gaymers with laptops, but nowadays, a lot of people have decent rigs.

I totally agree that 3dxchat's avis need better skin texture, but 4k and especially 8k might be an overkill. Just look at the GPU statistics at Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

It's still has 1050ti, 1650 and 1060 among the most used GPUs - and yes, I know they are good enough to handle 4k textures without problem, BUT not when there is a custom made room with 50+ people inside. And average GPU of 3dxchat's user might be even worse because there are a lot of people here who are not gamers in general and play on integrated graphics.

Good 2k textures would be enough and already would give game's visuals a HUGE boost. 

I was playing Fallout 4 with mods few years ago on a pretty weak PC so I was using CBBE bodies with basic 1k textures back then - and still these textures was looking more realistic than skin in 3dxchat. A proper 2k textures would be enough to skyrocket game's visuals when it comes to naked bodies. 

Or...

Maybe it would be good to give people a choice - 1k/2k/4k skin textures in settings. That would be really nice. 

14 hours ago, KristinaTheKitty said:

4)If someone's slacking off (not moving or messaging anyone), just boot 'em out of the room for being inactive. It's hella annoying when there are like 90 people in the room, and 80 of 'em are sippin' on coffee, playin' Minecraft, or doin' something else.

Totally against it. 

I realise that it might be irritating for some people, but its how a huge percentage of community plays. I myself tend to just sit somewhere in public location doing other stuff on my PC - and when I hear the sound of private message I usually answer. Like... you are yourself saying about 80 out of 90 people sitting afk/half-afk (I am sure that real numbers are not THAT big though) - so why should so much people lose their comfort? I mean... its like saying that your comfort is more important than their comfort. 

19 hours ago, Xizi said:

you are yourself saying about 80 out of 90 people sitting afk/half-afk (I am sure that real numbers are not THAT big though)

I think they are. At least if you include bots, hired "dancers", "DJ" friends list and general "help",

I also semi afk often, just chilling to music those times i find a room worth staying in, and so do many others, so it is a bad idea. To get rid of bots and hired "help" is another thing, I was in a room just now and the "help" in it had not moved at all, since i was in it this morning, but i doubt that is going to happen since SGD makes money on multiaccounts.

I only look in these forums every now and then now but the same old thing always seems to be here, lack of updates and attention to the game. It has been like that for years, wasn't always like it as the 1st few years it was completely the opposite.

Improving the look of avatars isn't just higher res textures but also higher count meshes and when you do that it gets much more demanding on computers, so yes people with lower end computers can suffer. But why should people who have spent the money on high end computers have to suffer for those that have not. Especially when it can be done to cater for all.

I suggested this a long time ago but nothing ever came from it. They can fairly easily cater for all where people with high end computers can get the better looking avatars and others can still play the game the way it is. They can also do things to improve it for all.

1) They can add settings for avatar quality just like they do now for environment settings, low medium and high. So people can set their games to match the power of their computers. This will make it so people who have high end computers get the benefit from them.

2) They can make it so when people are in private, like fucking in a private room, where there is usually only 2 of them. That the avatars are then in high detail. That is where people mostly want to be able to see high detail is it not? ie, High detail rooms which include high detail avatars. 

The strain on computers if they had high detail avatars comes when the numbers in a room are high. If they have very high detail avatars in 1 room then even as few as 6 people can put to much a stain on your system. But as I pointed out before we are not always in rooms with that amount of people and it is when we are not we want higher detail.

Doing both of my suggestions is not as complicated as people would think, the biggest part is supplying the high detail avatars which can be done fairly easily. The scripting behind ,aking it happen wouldn't be much either and they already have much of it in what is in the game already. ie environment settings.

I see often in these forums where the devs are doing things to try promote the game, to improve the numbers. Yet they always seem to not get the real issues. The game needs to improve and a really big part of that is improving the visuals. If they did what I suggested here then the numbers would improve, very much so I believe.

2 hours ago, Xizi said:

@Twiggy

Higher quality meshes sure would be great but it means that devs would need to adopt every piece of clothes for these new meshes, right?

No I don't think so, I could be wrong but from what I understand if the rigging is the same then the clothes will still fit. Plus it is likely the avatars they use were of a higher mesh and reduced for the game, like is done with most avatars used in games. I know if you transfer genesis characters into Unity and reduce the mesh the clothes still fit, so I would say it would be the same for others as well.

52 minutes ago, Valerica said:

You all expect too much!

How should they update the whole game when every "small content update" with a few poses and some new clothing needs month to announce.... and after that even more month to come live?

On Voldemort's server (the server whose name cannot be mentioned, or you'll get chu ass blocked), they've had the ability to import images into the game and carry someone while moving for quite some time now. I think it's because they're developing something on their own, while I'm suggesting the opposite - just stealing and replacing textures. If you think they haven't done this before, you're mistaken. They've stolen at least 3 hairstyles from Skyrim mods. If needed, I can prove it

To KristinaTheKitty

It seems to me that you have some sort of problem(s) with how the game is at the moment,

if you're not 100% happy with 3dxChat, therefore have you considered leaving the game?

By the way, KristinaTheKitty, sadly not all of the 3dxChat members can afford to buy a high spec PC with a RTX 4090 graphics card etc.

I use my BF's pc and it has a Nvidia GeForce 980 GTX graphics card, of which is ok if I have my game settings set to low-med.

As both of my parents are now in their mid 60's, approximately 25% of my monthly wage goes to helping them financially,

as both of them are now retired on medical grounds. This is entirely is my own choice to help my parents. 

I also own my own home, with a 25 year mortgage, of which my monthly re-payments just seem to rise at a very high rate.

I realise that the cost of living continues to rise, so when it come to purchasing some of life's luxuries,

like a high spec pc, sadly this is something that has to be at the bottom of my list of things to do.

I totally agree with KristinaTheKitty about many of 3dx members who just stand in the landing zone when entering a room and don't move.

what is happening with the update? Did the 3DXchat team leave the game? 3DXchat is going to be put into bankruptcy?. an answer where is your work? if the team is incompetent, it must be changed. 3DXchat doesn't need incompetent employees here.

10 hours ago, JoannaJet said:

To KristinaTheKitty

It seems to me that you have some sort of problem(s) with how the game is at the moment,

if you're not 100% happy with 3dxChat, therefore have you considered leaving the game?

By the way, KristinaTheKitty, sadly not all of the 3dxChat members can afford to buy a high spec PC with a RTX 4090 graphics card etc.

I use my BF's pc and it has a Nvidia GeForce 980 GTX graphics card, of which is ok if I have my game settings set to low-med.

As both of my parents are now in their mid 60's, approximately 25% of my monthly wage goes to helping them financially,

as both of them are now retired on medical grounds. This is entirely is my own choice to help my parents. 

I also own my own home, with a 25 year mortgage, of which my monthly re-payments just seem to rise at a very high rate.

I realise that the cost of living continues to rise, so when it come to purchasing some of life's luxuries,

like a high spec pc, sadly this is something that has to be at the bottom of my list of things to do.

I totally agree with KristinaTheKitty about many of 3dx members who just stand in the landing zone when entering a room and don't move.

Oh, babi, I totally get what you're saying, but looks like you might have skimmed my suggestions. RTX 4090 is some high-tier graphics card, no doubt, but listen up, I was talking about even budget PCs being able to handle this game. Your current GPU might fall short, yeah, but they could add super low settings. Right now, it's kinda pointless to discuss bc no devs are gonna lift a finger (I doubt any of 'em will even read this).

Sure, I ain't too thrilled with the game right now, but I ain't bailing just yet. You know why? Bc there ain't any real alternatives at the moment, and those admins are milking it. They drop an update once a year and procrastinate while cash keeps pouring in from folks with like 10 accounts and those who buy in-game coins. If you're curious, check the update history on their site (page 42-43 etc). You'll be surprised how often they update when the admins want to

🇫🇷 Bonjour,

Il y a une seule, de tes propositions, avec laquelle je ne suis pas d'accord.
C'est celle d'expulster des gens, dont les avatars restent innactifs un certain temps. N'oubliez pas que derrière chaque écran il y a un être humain.

Ca me ferait vachement chier, de devoir être éjecter d'une room, d'un ami, ou de quelqu'un d'autre, parce que mon avatar reste innactif, parce que je serais parti chier, ou prendre ma douche, ou cuisiner, alors que j'écoute la musique.

De plus, si tu vas quelque part, en irl et que tu ne fais rien, à part rester assit et boire ta bière, je ne pense pas qu'un patron de bar, ou de resto viendra t'éjecter, parce que tu ne danses pas ou que tu ne parles pas. Il n'aurait pas intérêt à le faire, car d'une part tu consommes mais en plus ne reviendrais pas, qualfiant l'endroit de pas acceuillant.

Là, tu touches à la liberté individuelle de chacun, d'aller et venir, d'agir et de jouir des endroits. Cela serait contraignant, de devoir, à chaque fois, se reloguer (sur le jeu ou dans la room), parce qu'on aurait été booté en dehors. 

--------------------------------------

🇺🇸 Hello,

There's only one of your proposals that I don't agree with.
It's that of expelling people whose avatars remain inactive for some time. Don't forget that behind every screen there's a human being.

It would really piss me off to have to be ejected from a room, a friend's room, or someone else's room, because my avatar remains inactive, because I've gone for a shit, or to take a shower, or to cook, while I'm listening to music.

What's more, if you go somewhere in irl and do nothing but sit around and drink your beer, I don't think a bar owner or restaurant owner is going to eject you because you don't dance or talk. He'd have no interest in doing so, because on the one hand you'd consume, but on top of that you wouldn't come back, describing the place as unwelcoming.

You're touching on everyone's individual freedom to come and go, to act and to enjoy places. It would be restrictive to have to relocate each time (on the game or in the room), because you've been booted out.  

• 2 weeks later...

This image was taken in december of 2016. There was just a setting from night to day and some people chose to make rooms out of tables, beds and glow cubes. In order to get light farther down the room, two lamps were placed just high enough off the ground. How did SecondL**e and others look? oh yeah crappier, my laptop would over heat they had more items but less smooth graphics. Second picture is April 2017, people were able to visit a room and change the day to night on their own. Third picture shows that some idiot built a construct right on a flat picture moon. Would have a talk with him but I am not listening to myself. Fourth picture 2019, the skies are way better the handling of items are a bit trickier but you can tell from the graphics the game was getting better. Did other games do the same? 2023, invisible glass and that transform tool do wonders. Rotationing lights and tips from other builders from discord building channel, the Builder's Corner. If the game had 1,000 designers and workers I can see how one can improve premade textures on pixels of characters like they have done in Skyrim. 3DX does have a discord channel and suggestion channel. I hope you people who do have good ideas use it. But to complain the pace of how the graphics have changed or not changed, you really need to see unedited past pictures. Like these, thing the pictures do not capture is the fun factor. But it has been there. Aside from the last picture, i was not showing off what was made, just the evolution of the game. So far it has been great. As for the last picture it is dedicate to those who come on here to just bitch and complain, that goblin butt is a sight just for you. Thank you origional poster for bringing great ideas and those others who followed.

2b3124ffe4e3c53e318c3d74590897b0.jpg

1z3YJ9D.png

11059611715f469e8b59fa5309ded889.png

2023-03-21 12-35-17_52700.png

2023-05-17 09-27-50_6875.png

2023-06-10 03-29-06_204196.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 11:04 AM, Rob. said:

This image was taken in december of 2016. There was just a setting from night to day and some people chose to make rooms out of tables, beds and glow cubes. In order to get light farther down the room, two lamps were placed just high enough off the ground. How did SecondL**e and others look? oh yeah crappier, my laptop would over heat they had more items but less smooth graphics. Second picture is April 2017, people were able to visit a room and change the day to night on their own. Third picture shows that some idiot built a construct right on a flat picture moon. Would have a talk with him but I am not listening to myself. Fourth picture 2019, the skies are way better the handling of items are a bit trickier but you can tell from the graphics the game was getting better. Did other games do the same? 2023, invisible glass and that transform tool do wonders. Rotationing lights and tips from other builders from discord building channel, the Builder's Corner. If the game had 1,000 designers and workers I can see how one can improve premade textures on pixels of characters like they have done in Skyrim. 3DX does have a discord channel and suggestion channel. I hope you people who do have good ideas use it. But to complain the pace of how the graphics have changed or not changed, you really need to see unedited past pictures. Like these, thing the pictures do not capture is the fun factor. But it has been there. Aside from the last picture, i was not showing off what was made, just the evolution of the game. So far it has been great. As for the last picture it is dedicate to those who come on here to just bitch and complain, that goblin butt is a sight just for you. Thank you origional poster for bringing great ideas and those others who followed.

2b3124ffe4e3c53e318c3d74590897b0.jpg

1z3YJ9D.png

11059611715f469e8b59fa5309ded889.png

2023-03-21 12-35-17_52700.png

2023-05-17 09-27-50_6875.png

2023-06-10 03-29-06_204196.png

Thanks for sharing these pictures, things sure are better now a days. Thanks Rob.

Bu

15 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

Thanks for sharing these pictures, things sure are better now a days. Thanks Rob.

But less creativity. The first room I have seen in 3dx 2016:

The best room ever! The one that made me want to make my own thingies.

Edited by MeiLing