3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

12 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

Lack of courtesy does not deserve a courteous response. Are spammers courteous when they are ruining the chat? They are not, so fuck their expectations of a courteous response. It was courtesy enough to be given a 60s timer, but they circumvented that one too. What more do they want? Because all they got was the BAN hammer. Now they should go cry their crocodile tears somewhere else.

And stop pretending to not know what spam is, everyone with a bit of brain knows what constitutes spam. It's been around for decades now, we all know it when it shows.

Do you understand that some of people who were banned were advertising their rooms in a reasonable manner? Making posts a few times in a hour. Not every 60 second. Not spamming together with their friends.

First of all, lack of courtsey on one side does excuse the lack of curtsey on the other, @Whitesnake?

I love this idea. Looks foolprove to me. So if you're not kind, everyone else may behave the same. I'd love to life in a world like that. Uhm, probably I am, but 'till now still refuse to believe it. However, thank you for opening my eyes in this regard.

Anyway - if something might be against the rules, after a while it may become a kind of habbit. I think it is called like preservation of the status quo, if you don't just run with a catarpillar through the living room of your neigbours, after their house was build 20yrs ago, even if their building permission may not be completely according to the rules?

Besides, a gang of people who post alternating in order to undermine the 60seconds could be judged differently than someone who does just announce that a certain room is open now. I still believe it would be appropriate to announce strict countermeasures in advance. But I am a weak, empathic person who does generally not like to spread havoc without a warning.

I mean, even my titular Saint made clear, don't open this darn box! So a red sign would have been welcome, I suppose and somehow I don't see a legit reason why there should none be shown. Maybe it is just me, but I think, if you want people to behave in a certain way - maybe even polite or something - give an example worth to be followed.

My humble 2 cents

Edited by Pandorra

2 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Do you understand that some of people who were banned were advertising their rooms in a reasonable manner? Making posts a few times in a hour. Not every 60 second. Not spamming together with their friends.

It doesn't matter at this point. Ads turned to rampant spamming, so now everything gets swept under the rug. The message should be clear, stop advertising your rooms. If there is a moderator, it is likely human, and is looking for any ad now, even if it started with spam. You can see it as collateral damage, but it is the most effective yet since WC was rather clean this weekend, with only one exception that I posted here. Otherwise it was smooth, just rarely some ads on 2 or 3 lines, not much trouble, which I find to be rather generous from the moderator.

Also, advertising a room is not exempt from the "no advertising" rule, since you can't really advertise 3dx to players already playing it, so it defaults to being akin to spam. Would you consider an ad to a pizza to be effective while you eat said pizza? While the ad is being constantly thrown on the table?

Just now, Whitesnake said:

It doesn't matter at this point. Ads turned to rampant spamming, so now everything gets swept under the rug. The message should be clear, stop advertising your rooms. If there is a moderator, it is likely human, and is looking for any ad now, even if it started with spam. You can see it as collateral damage, but it is the most effective yet since WC was rather clean this weekend, with only one exception that I posted here. Otherwise it was smooth, just rarely some ads on 2 or 3 lines, not much trouble, which I find to be rather generous from the moderator.

Also, advertising a room is not exempt from the "no advertising" rule, since you can't really advertise 3dx to players already playing it, so it defaults to being akin to spam. Would you consider an ad to a pizza to be effective while you eat said pizza? While the ad is being constantly thrown on the table?

By this logic, someone could get banned for saying "Hey guys it's my Birthday, I'm having a party, come visit!" that's 'advertising' a B-day party.
However, if they go and enforce the rule about Advertising and Spam. Then they should, in your logic go further and just ban every player that has Profanity in their name, every Room Name that uses the word Fuck, or speaks about Sluts being fucked, etc etc.
They don't enforce Those rules, but the Rules are there. Just as the Advertising and Spam rules.
For years now, they allowed people to ignore rules, and now they don't. But it's rather arbitrary.
And without any communication to the community at large.
Which is bad business no matter how ya slice it.

16 minutes ago, Derai said:

By this logic, someone could get banned for saying "Hey guys it's my Birthday, I'm having a party, come visit!" that's 'advertising' a B-day party.
However, if they go and enforce the rule about Advertising and Spam. Then they should, in your logic go further and just ban every player that has Profanity in their name, every Room Name that uses the word Fuck, or speaks about Sluts being fucked, etc etc.
They don't enforce Those rules, but the Rules are there. Just as the Advertising and Spam rules.
For years now, they allowed people to ignore rules, and now they don't. But it's rather arbitrary.
And without any communication to the community at large.
Which is bad business no matter how ya slice it.

I don't believe they will recover from this either....the numbers have dropped here(usually well over 200 at this hour....barely 130  now) and people are not coming back....and they were leaving in droves to begin with because of the stability issues alone....this was just the cherry on top of the cake  lol

Edited by jadekhali

14 minutes ago, Pandorra said:

First of all, lack of courtsey on one side does excuse the lack of curtsey on the other, @Whitesnake?

It justifies and perhaps warrants it. It is basically a payment with the same coin.

You need to understand the positions here, we are dealing with an authority, no matter how awkward it may sound in the context of 3dx. And authority does not have to issue warnings or explanations when it applies the law or punishes breach of law. If you throw shit at Gizmo or Lisa don't be surprised you get knocked for a few days. They are friendly, but they are not your friends. And the same is with banning spam, which evolved into banning ads altogether. The warning was the 60s timer to curb ruining the WC. It should have been a waking call. It was not, so now all spammers get put to a deeper sleep for a while. And, I repeat, it can't be denied that it works wonders.

1 minute ago, Whitesnake said:

It justifies and perhaps warrants it. It is basically a payment with the same coin.

You need to understand the positions here, we are dealing with an authority, no matter how awkward it may sound in the context of 3dx. And authority does not have to issue warnings or explanations when it applies the law or punishes breach of law. If you throw shit at Gizmo or Lisa don't be surprised you get knocked for a few days. They are friendly, but they are not your friends. And the same is with banning spam, which evolved into banning ads altogether. The warning was the 60s timer to curb ruining the WC. It should have been a waking call. It was not, so now all spammers get put to a deeper sleep for a while. And, I repeat, it can't be denied that it works wonders.

First of all I do not throw shit on anyone. (At least I hope so. If I do, I sincerely appologize, it is not intended.)

Second, I suppose it would not work less wonderfully with having shown a stop sign in advance. Probably even better, as it could have saved the WC from all the adverts which lead to bans.  So actually an even cleaner WC could have happened.

Third, paying back same coin is an idea for mastering life, I in general object against pretty stongly. Eye for an eye leaves everyone blind on the long run.

3 minutes ago, Pandorra said:

First of all I do not throw shit on anyone. (At least I hope so. If I do, I sincerely appologize, it is not intended.)

It is a generic [you], not you=Pandorra :P. Apparently someone got banned these days because they badmouthed Gizmo in chat.

And eye for an eye leaves only the combatants blind, while teaching the bystanders that going for the eyes must be avoided ;). I know now, for example, that posting ads in world chat might leave me blind, so I just won't do it.

31 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

Also, advertising a room is not exempt from the "no advertising" rule, since you can't really advertise 3dx to players already playing it, so it defaults to being akin to spam.

This makes no sense at all. 

They do not advertise 3dxchat. They advertise their rooms and parties.

19 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

If you throw shit at Gizmo or Lisa don't be surprised you get knocked for a few days.

As far as I know most people here were banned for advertising their rooms, not for bad mouthing Gizmo and Lisa.

And just saying.

3dxchat currently have no in-game way to give people information about your party/event.

No way at all. There is no advertising channel. Often no way to fit the decent description using just a room name.

Maybe for you clean world chat is more important than events and parties, but I don't think that most people share your opinion. 

3 minutes ago, zigzag said:

seems a bit unfairness going on alot us got the big ban instantly over the weekend but now a few are getting away with it 

I think people already figured out the system.
It doesn't kick you from the game when banned, you just can't log on for X amount of time.
So I could see some folks just advertising, getting banned, but not caring by just staying online while the Ban already starts ticking down.
I mean Stellania got a 48 hour ban, but only noticed it 6 hours AFTER she got banned with 42 hours left.
So logically, someone could spam away now, stay online for 12 hours or heck, never log out at all. And not even Notice they're banned.

1 minute ago, Derai said:

I think people already figured out the system.
It doesn't kick you from the game when banned, you just can't log on for X amount of time.
So I could see some folks just advertising, getting banned, but not caring by just staying online while the Ban already starts ticking down.
I mean Stellania got a 48 hour ban, but only noticed it 6 hours AFTER she got banned with 42 hours left.
So logically, someone could spam away now, stay online for 12 hours or heck, never log out at all. And not even Notice they're banned.

when i got banned yes i didn't log out till i only had 38 hours left on ban because i was sleeping and logged in but my room was empty and wasn't in the locations list

1 minute ago, SusanLouisa said:

I gather that neither Lisa or Gizmo has responded/commented?

Appeals to the Bans get a Automated E-mail reply about 'Suspicious Activity' and I think AlexaDarkness managed to Email with some chick named Eva about her account.
But no word from either Gizmo or Lisa on this issue.

5 minutes ago, jadekhali said:

God forbid if ur lives are so empty it can't exist without 3dx for 48 hours.....

It's not about 'empty lives', it's a game you paid for. So any disruption in that, gets folks upset.
And hey, i reckon for a lot of folks out there 3DX is -it- now in terms of social life. Lockdowns and all.

1 minute ago, Derai said:

It's not about 'empty lives', it's a game you paid for. So any disruption in that, gets folks upset.
And hey, i reckon for a lot of folks out there 3DX is -it- now in terms of social life. Lockdowns and all.

I have a feeling all the crashes and dc's have added up to much more then 48 hours.....

1 minute ago, R0bT said:

and the fucking hilarious part is these idiots think they are still going to get an in depth explanation. 

You're right, we ain't gonna get that. This thread'll be locked and deleted probably.
Doesn't matter anyhow, the silence speaks louder then words anyhow.

2 minutes ago, R0bT said:

and the fucking hilarious part is these idiots think they are still going to get an in depth explanation. 

After learning I could repeat greetings in local chat in my public room I had no further questions. Just surprised the questions still continue. I think it's pretty clear at this point.

1 minute ago, R0bT said:

ok, game and forums is boring me, back to the real world. In case any of you are wondering what that is, thats where you get off the computer and open that big thing called a door and go outside. I know , its scary but you can do it!!!

RobT out!

Been there all day now its time to play. Buh bye Rob.