3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

So, yesterday during the pre show of the Dangerous Divas my account got suspended for SPAM and this for 48 hours.

Before I go on, i did contact "Support" and took the other appropriate channels to get information. Still no replies.

Now, @Gizmo and / or @Lisa , care on clearing up what "SPAM" is  and why I got flagged for it ?

Is it a new procedure to try and clean up WC from all the spammers out there that do so every 60 seconds OR ask their guests to do so in their place? If so, I commend you on it but did we just get tossed in the same basket because someone in WC reported it and you didn't check the validity of the claim prior ?

I post an ad, when i think of doing so, at either 30/45/60 minutes intervals and on occasion, don't even promote our gigs in WC. Furthermore, I don't even send PM's to people on my friend's list to tell them we're currently doing the show, which could be interpreted as spam as well.

That is FAR from spamming in my opinion but, if you regard this as SPAM, you'll be emptying up the 3DX servers from anyone / everyone that is trying to bring entertainment to 3DX.

And Lisa, you came into the room, dunno what you came to see, but I'm assuming either you and Gizmo have the power to put our accounts on suspension. Let's just hope that my GREETING of the newcomers was not the reason you considered it spam. Regardless, since you were in the room a PM would have been something "appropriate" to do.

Anyways,

Stella.

Edited by Stellania

I have also been banned. No warning, no caution, just an immediate ban for FIVE days. This is absolutety disgusting.

And also no response to my question why. If I ignored people paying my company when they come to me with a question, I would be fired from my job.

This is piss-poor practice, but pretty much what I've come to expect these days.

what the hell!? spam!!?
WC in it's current state is "unspamble" yet we see people shoving ad text in WC that's formatted in a way to take as much space as possible... as often as the timer allows.
and if indeed it was about the room greeting... then I don't know what to say... people shouldn't greet visitors to their rooms now?

Also a lot of people are waking up now and finding them selves suspended out of nowhere, without knowing what exactly they did... the "one word" reason in the profile is not enough clarification... whatever it's new mindset or auto script that's being applied here to fire up suspensions at people... at least some forewarning or so should be done... so person at least knows what they are doing wrong.

@Lisa @Gizmo
would you be so kindly put some clarification here?

5 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

Plus @Stellania, who can tell you what's spam in -YOUR- room. Surely that is up for -YOU- to decide.

Well, I still think that spam is spam, regardless of where it occurs if it breaks the TOS and / or EULA. I use the 3DX servers to create the room, so logically, i'm bound to such rules .. BUT .. it would be ridiculous if greeting becomes considered as spam.

Point is, it needs to be clarified, no point in speculating until we've heard from the Devs.

Based on the response, I'll have the possibility of thinking about .. "What's next"

Edited by Stellania

Bullshit. You're in your own room. What you do there is completely up to you.

You're not filling WC with endless spam like most other people... you're not advertising some other game or server... you're not slagging people off, left and right.

Regardless, a caution should be issued, not a straight out, no warning ban.

For all we know it’s an automated script going off the rails and flagging the “Welcome (Name)” messages as spam because they’re close together and repeat the same word. 

Seeing how unstable the game is now, it could be a error. 

But even then, Communication is Key. 
@Lisa and @Gizmo please Clarify these things. 

6 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

Hehe, my opinion differs from you on that matter but, I see some logic in your point.

You're not filling WC with endless spam like most other people... you're not advertising some other game or server... you're not slagging people off, left and right.

Thank you!

Regardless, a caution should be issued, not a straight out, no warning ban.

Totally agree there Vampi. Least of things that could be done in my opinion.

Edited by Stellania

7 minutes ago, Derai said:

For all we know it’s an automated script going off the rails and flagging the “Welcome (Name)” messages as spam because they’re close together and repeat the same word. 

Oh my!! Am I typing too fast ? :)

Should the Devs put a countdown before guests that want to join a room can do so ?(gulp) .. Crappiest idea ever.

Edited by Stellania

Seem like someone did spring cleaning and just throw out ppl with reports on them. Kill 'em all and let god sort-style.

Might be some script experiment gone wrong...

Either way, I think the rules should be changed into hosts being allowed to spam in their own rooms, if they not already. That will not disturb anyone who don´t want to see it.

Hope the ones of you who are "innocent" get let back in asap.

1 minute ago, BadWord said:

Might be some script experiment gone wrong...

I agree with what you're saying but .. If it's a script doing it .. It would have been nice to read something about it prior .. you know something like ..

"Dear 3DX members, we are experimenting with a new anti-spam script / bot. False positives might occur during this process, please inform us if that is the case and we will evaluate / assess furthermore"

12 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

Not really. 

TOS are getting applied, no matter if it's your room or someone else's.

For example if you will decide to create a room with a theme of underage or rape RP (I am not saying you ever will, just an example) there is a big chance you will end up banned.

And no, I am not justifying these bans for "spam". Just saying that position "it's my room I can do whatever I want" is very far from reality. 

1 minute ago, Stellania said:

I agree with what you're saying but .. If it's a script doing it .. It would have been nice to read something about it prior .. you know something like ..

"Dear 3DX members, we are experimenting with a new anti-spam script / bot. False positives might occur during this process, please inform us if that is the case and we will evaluate / assess furthermore"

Agreed, of course.

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

Not really. 

TOS are getting applied, no matter if it's your room or someone else's.

For example if you will decide to create a room with a theme of underage or rape RP (I am not saying you ever will, just an example) there is a big chance you will end up banned.

And no, I am not justifying these bans for "spam". Just saying that position "it's my room I can do whatever I want" is very far from reality. 

I meant within the boundaries of decency, you should be able to talk about whatever you like.

If there are restrictions on what you want to type (within reason) then that's just censoring free speech.

Who has the right to do that?

I believe that regardless if spam is determined by an automatic algorithm or the developers themselves via user reports, it should be clarified what exactly counts as spam in the first place.

• Does it involve World Chat only? It has a 60 second timer. Does it count as spam if someone exploits this limit and posts the same message / advertisement every 60 seconds, or in a given time interval? If so, what is this time interval and how should we avoid posting "spam" while still sufficiently advertising rooms and events?
  • Does it also involve Local Chats in rooms? If so, it should be clarified whether the room owner, or members of the host's team can or cannot repeat similar messages in Local Chat (like greeting newly arriving guests by their name, for example). Because this is something many hosts do and it could create more confusion and conflict in the future, if this is the case.

If the spam is judged via user reports then I believe the moderators / admins of the game should contact the reported users before suspending any accounts, as this clearly creates conflict between the userbase and the seemingly ambiguous rules in effect right now. A warning before the ban would be beneficial to all parties in my opinion. (This of course doesn't apply to other offences like insults and other user behaviour that can be documented by actual screenshots, I'm only referring to spam itself.)

The concept of "spam" can mean a lot of things and I'm convinced it would be important to clarify exactly what and in what situation counts as an offence in 3DXChat. I would love to see the developers' input in this matter so we can all avoid misunderstandings and conflicts like this in the future.

Edited by GaborX

Like I said, I doubt it's for an issue *IN THE ROOM*

But that being said, I do think our current "Suspension" is uncalled for EVEN if you take into consideration the ads I post occasionally in WC.

Well played to the person or group that reported us!

Edited by Stellania