3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

1 minute ago, NicholasP said:

Whatever the reasons are behind the bans at least they are applying them across the board, nobody should be immune.

There are no 'celebrities' in here, doesn't matter whether you have 2 friends or 10,000, whether you have been here 1 day or 6 years, everybody is just a user and should be treated the same way.

I must say it amuses me that people are actually 'demandin' answers, asking is one thing but seriously none of us are in a position to demand a thing.

agree

1 minute ago, Merilyn said:

yes I follow the forum very well, I am very curious to understand how all of you, it is always their choice if they want to do it out of courtesy, but they are not required to do it. The problem is not courtesy or not, it is understanding what is going on and who is telling the truth or not. There are many reasons for a ban, that of spam is new, we must understand what is happening to try to ask for a solution.

NO-ONE IS SAYING THEY ARE REQUIRED TO... there is that big enough for you to read and understand now?

54 minutes ago, Stellania said:

Login to the game .. when it tells you you're blocked .. there's a text link there you can press to know WHY.

That'll bring up your account window and it'll tell you.

@OLESYA follow these steps please and let us know. I guess it is interesting to know for you as well. I am sorry to hear that you got the ban as well as others.

5 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

i'd assume for posting links in WC?

Posting a few links is not SPAM in my book. Over abuse of this is SPAM, where someone constantly posts over and over.

Where do you draw the line that says "Now this has become SPAM"?

There is zero clarity, which was the initial reason for this thread.

There is still no clarity, nor does it look like there will be any.

If this strict banning system continues, coupled with no common decency in a simple response... then I foresee a sharp decline in players.

Good job devs

Edited by Vampixie

12 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

NO-ONE IS SAYING THEY ARE REQUIRED TO... there is that big enough for you to read and understand now?

do not get angry and keep calm, there is no reason, I am interested as everyone to understand, but this courtesy or not is not important for the purposes of understanding, it is only a consideration, so I understand your point of view, but let's try to understand what's going on, many here write things without proof, it takes facts and not words, because what happened can happen to me and to you tomorrow, you understand?

kissesss

Edited by Merilyn

8 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

Posting a few links is not SPAM in my book. Over abuse of this is SPAM, where someone constantly posts over and over.

Where do you draw the line that says "Now this has become SPAM"?

There is zero clarity, whicch was the initial reason for this thread.

There is still no clarity, nor does it look like there will be any.

If this strict banning system continues, then I foresee a sharp decline in players.

Good job devs are taking a stand against ads in WC then it has to be an all or nothing approach

The thing is that your definition or mine of what is spam doesn't matter in this case. If the devs are taking a stand against ads in WC then it has to be all of them otherwise there's too many grey areas.

I would like them to clarify things too but the longer they are silent the clearer it becomes that from now on you post any type of advertisement in world chat at your own peril. I don't think there will be a decline in players, most i know are happy to see the back of the ads. I'm also happy to see them gone, i just don't believe it was done the right way but that doesn't matter cause it isn't my call.

Edited by NicholasP

Just now, NicholasP said:

The thing is that your definition or mine of what is spam doesn't matter in this case. If the devs are taking a stand against ads in WC then it has to be all of them otherwise there's too many grey areas.

I would like them to clarify things too but the longer they are silent the clearer it becomes that from now on you post any type of advertisement in world chat at your own peril. I don't think there will be a decline in players, most i know are happy to see the back of the ads. I'm also happy to see them gone, i just don't believe it was done the right way but that doesn't matter cause it isn't my call.

In which case, as I think @Anaganda said, the reason should be advertising, NOT spam. These are quite clearly two different reasons, and as far as I'm aware so far, no-one has anything other than spam as the reason (except for me, who fully called out Gizmo by name in WC. I guess truth hurts...)

5 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

In which case, as I think @Anaganda said, the reason should be advertising, NOT spam. These are quite clearly two different reasons, and as far as I'm aware so far, no-one has anything other than spam as the reason (except for me, who fully called out Gizmo by name in WC. I guess truth hurts...)

Let's agree to disagree as i believe it's clutching at straws to try to make a distinction between advertising notices in a chat channel and spam, in my opinion they are the same thing.

Edited by NicholasP

1 minute ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Finally.👏

Yes, finally, this post was opened to understand what was going on with regards to the suspension for spam and to perhaps search for a solution, but those who really want to do it are few! there are many reasons for a ban, offenses, advertising etc etc, which have nothing to do with this case, we understand that there is a rule now we have to look for a solution.

If you've been banned for offense or suspicious activity you know why! so do not say damn them and others, but if you have been suspended for spam, you have to understand how the rule works. don't you believe too?

2 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

Let's agree to disagree as i believe it's clutching at straws to try to make a distinction between advertising notices in a chat channel and spam, in my opinion they are the same thing.

You can google that. Devs in their rules separated those things.

1 minute ago, NicholasP said:

I think we can safely disregard the 'Reasons' typed in the Suspension notices. If this is a person manually banning people, they're doing the minimal amount of effort.
Vampixie badmouthed Gizmo in World Chat and got slapped with a 'insults'
Stellania got a 'spam'
But there was another player that got 'WC Spam' as reason.
These short clipped 'replies' lead me to believe this is one of the Staff doing the bans and just typing the barest of 'info' to justify said Bans.
Which would make sense if this person was wading through a backlog of Reports.
We had someone earlier in the thread claim they had filed over 200 reports, I can imagine whoever has to check those to be fed up and Done with that shit, just typing 'spam' 'insults' whatever into the field and clicking Ban.

3 minutes ago, Derai said:

These short clipped 'replies' lead me to believe this is one of the Staff doing the bans and just typing the barest of 'info' to justify said Bans.

yes,  also in my opinion it is so

4 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

It uses the reason of the violation of the report system:

Spam

Insult or Harassment

Underage

Other

Why would they use anything else?

Because, a single word 'reply' like that is lazy, and does not inform anyone of WHAT they did wrong.
Hypothetically, if you get banned today, and just get 'Other' as a reason, what does that Teach you?
Would you know what you did wrong? 
Same with 'insults'    Who did I insult? Where did I do it? How can I know what NOT to do, if they don't tell me What I did wrong in this Hypothetical scenario.

The reasons should at least give a bit more info, like:
In Vampixie's case: "Insulting Staff in World Chat'
In Stellania's case: "Advertising in World Chat"
In Oleysa's case: 'Posting links in World Chat" (Just guessing and making something up here for the example)

Those examples would at least TELL the sanctioned player a bit more about What they did to deserve the Sanction.

20 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

It uses the reason of the violation of the report system:

Spam

Insult or Harassment

Underage

Other

Why would they use anything else?

Because, in one of the posts of this thread, someone posted an image and it was written WC SPAM as a reason.. and that .. is not listed.

So clearly doesn't use the reasons of the report system

Edited by Stellania

Why the ban for advertising is even a thing? I can understand ban for spam, but for advertising?

2.15. All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

It's from the game rules. The one we are accepting to register our accounts.

Isn't advertising your room is "3DXCHAT related advertising"?

And no need to give me quotes from the set of rules posted on this forum. No one required to accept set of rules posted on the forum to register and enter the game. People can play game without visiting this forum even once. The very situation of having two set of rules that contradicts each other is ridiculous and absolutely wrong.

Edited by Xizl

You know? Those rules make no sense at all, because... there's the rules on names in there too. Which would close down 90% of all the Orgy rooms right away...

By the 'rules' down below all the 'Fuck this or that' rooms are forbidden because 'Profanity'
Same with the rooms like that recent one. 'White Pigs waiting for Black Cock' or something like that. That should lead to a ban too then.
And it would also mean that the SissyBoyFuckSluts names etc, would have to be blocked.
So yeah.... How about that?3 Names (Players and Rooms), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Room logos

3 Names (Players and Rooms), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Room logos

Certain content for names, avatars, images/video, signatures & clan logos, have no place on the 3DXCHAT forums or within the 3DXCHAT game, due to their extremely offensive, annoying or inappropriate nature. The following list is only a summary, but it gives some idea of names, images, signatures, avatars and clan logos which are not accepted with the 3DXCHAT environment:

Names, Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos ....

3.01 that contain profanity, including its abbreviated form.
3.02 that contain insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.
3.03 that contain unprintable words or abbreviations, or which are unattractive and/or unreadable.
3.04 which either in whole or partly contain copyrighted or registered trade mark elements.
3.05 which have (in any way) racist or nationalistic implications which may create offense to a certain nation, ethnic, religious or racial group.
3.06 that contain an allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level.
3.07 which contain insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, mental stature, sex, or sexual preference
3.08 which have an association with pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.
3.09 which contain content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.
3.10 which contain excessive gore or violence, or are obscene/vulgar.
3.11 which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.
3.12 that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules; i.e. anything that may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred. (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgments and signs [88, 14, 420, SS], or similar stylizing [such as, 55] as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders.)
3.13 that contain reference to current mainstream religions that may create offense, i.e. names such as God, Jesus, Allah, etc.
3.14 that are connected with negative historical or political personalities, first of all those who are judged by international courts for crimes against humanity, those that generally arouse feelings of suffering or disgust in the majority of people, as well as members of currently existing terrorist organizations;
3.15 that negatively portrays the projects staff, or administration.
3.16 which in any other manner violates the End User License Agreement or local laws.

Edited by Derai

3 hours ago, Vampixie said:

Yes, we have all done it... some to a more ridiculous extent than others.

The whole point here is the sudden overnight strict enforcement of it with no courteous heads up to say it's happening, or clarifying what is constituted as SPAM. Be it in WC or LC.

And, yes, I know they don't need/have to... but as a courtesy to their paying customers, it would've been decent practice to have done so.

Some people see SPAM differently to others, so there is obviously going to be confusion.

Lack of courtesy does not deserve a courteous response. Are spammers courteous when they are ruining the chat? They are not, so fuck their expectations of a courteous response. It was courtesy enough to be given a 60s timer, but they circumvented that one too. What more do they want? Because all they got was the BAN hammer. Now they should go cry their crocodile tears somewhere else.

And stop pretending to not know what spam is, everyone with a bit of brain knows what constitutes spam. It's been around for decades now, we all know it when it shows.

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

i think you got the hit yesterday hun when you posted your ad for your thing you do by coming to rooms and video them on you tube there was a huge argument after that in W/C when you did it's a sad thing we all getting hit and they didnt warn us of this but im seeing it as you talk in W/C you risk getting banned lol

The message was getting quite repetitive, so technically it was spam. Although maybe she should've been told by whomever was bothered by it, because it was rather unusual kind of spam, not advertising a room, but a "service" of sorts.