3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

Just now, Merilyn said:

and why should they? can you tell me? there is a regulation no? Did you read it before you subscribed? you accepted it by signing up here, it's not their fault that you haven't read it ...

There is no rule about that.

1 minute ago, MeiLing said:

and some ads are more clever than the average chat in the public toilet sorry the world chat

yes this is true, you are right, I think this is the thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

and why should they? can you tell me? there is a regulation no? Did you read it before you subscribed? you accepted it by signing up here, it's not their fault that you haven't read it ...

Because it's common courtesy when enforcing a strict ban on things that were not dealt with in this way before in at least the FOUR YEARS that I've been here at least.

If you have nothing constructive to add, stop typing.

No the rule allows it but you don't want to accept it. What's the limit to the rule? That's what the dev must say.

Again read 2.15

All types of advertising messages are prohibited in the chats and profiles. With the exception that 3DXCHAT related advertising such as platoon forming, company recruiting, clan recruiting is permitted with the following restrictions.

5 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

Because it's common courtesy when enforcing a strict ban on things that were not dealt with in this way before in at least the FOUR YEARS that I've been here at least.

If you have nothing constructive to add, stop typing.

no, they are not required to warn you because you have accepted the rules, they can intervene at their convenience in the respecting the same rules that you accepted, it is also written in eua, read carefully.

Edited by Merilyn

5 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

more .. but read the forum? the rules have been posted several times here, unfortunately it is so.

I saw this rule. Advertising is a marketing communication that employs an openly sponsored, non-personal message to promote or sell a product, service or idea. Any sponsors?

1 minute ago, Merilyn said:

no, they are not required to warn you because you have accepted the rules, they can intervene at their convenience, it is also written in eua, read carefully.

Just cause they can doesn't mean they should. After allowing a rule to be broken for years and turning a blind eye it would have been good practice for them to make a statement that this particular rule was to be strictly enforced as of a nominated date. That is good customer relation and would have saved all this angst.

1 minute ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I saw this rule. Advertising is a marketing communication that employs an openly sponsored, non-personal message to promote or sell a product, service or idea. Any sponsors?

no, t is not that, read 2. Prohibitions, restrictions and conditions of use, for all game chats and channels.

2.05. Spamming or posting nonsensical messages is prohibited in the chats. This also includes excessive use of caps.

this is an one, there is no point in trying to find excuses, do you think they go against the regulation? it will never be like this!

I said IT'S COMON COURTESY.

They're placing a strict ban on things that weren't strictly enforced in four years.

I, for one, would've appreciated a heads up before this started, as I'm sure a lot of people here would have.

Yes, it's not mandatory... would've been courteous, which is massively lacking in the communication part here

2 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

Just cause they can doesn't mean they should. After allowing a rule to be broken for years and turning a blind eye it would have been good practice for them to make a statement that this particular rule was to be strictly enforced as of a nominated date. That is good customer relation and would have saved all this angst.

of course they can, indeed they must! when there are many complaints they have to apply the rules and without asking anyone's permission, that's right, all the other excuses don't help

4 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

I said IT'S COMON COURTESY.

They're placing a strict ban on things that weren't strictly enforced in four years.

I, for one, would've appreciated a heads up before this started, as I'm sure a lot of people here would have.

Yes, it's not mandatory... would've been courteous, which is massively lacking in the communication part here

Courtesy ?? for you it is courtesy to prevent anyone who wants to chat in world chat because of your room ?? I think there have been complaints about it and they have applied the rule, the rest are only attempts to want to be right by force of those who have been banned .. unfortunately ...

Edited by Merilyn

of course they can, indeed they must! when there are many complaints they have to apply the rules and without asking anyone's permission, that's right, all the other excuses don't help

Nobody said they need to ask permission, they should have advised people seeing as they have allowed the ads for years now, if they were going to start interpreting the rule on a strict basis .It indeed would have been a common courtesy they could have extended. I'm sure people have been reporting the ads for years too, there really is no justification for the way this was done. Nobody says they can't do it, the questioning is about how it was done.

2 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

If they are going to ban people for advertising in world-chat, then I would request they remove the one minute timer that they in their "infinite" wisdom told us that is "the" way to combat advertisement spamming.

the 60-second timer was an attempt to try to make us understand that it was not a good thing, but we didn't care, we even spammed with multiple accounts and you all know it's like that!

5 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

Courtesy ?? for you it is courtesy to prevent anyone who wants to chat in world chat because of your room ?? I think there have been complaints about it and they have applied the rule, the rest are only attempts to want to be right by force of those who have been banned .. unfortunately ...

This is where you're wrong. Personally, I never liked the ads in WC but never reported anyone for it. I love seeing WC free of ads but none of that changes my opinion that it was handled badly. This isn't a matter of one side against another, it's a matter of how it was done.

10 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

no, t is not that, read 2. Prohibitions, restrictions and conditions of use, for all game chats and channels.

2.05. Spamming or posting nonsensical messages is prohibited in the chats. This also includes excessive use of caps.

this is an one, there is no point in trying to find excuses, do you think they go against the regulation? it will never be like this!

Google about Spamming and about nonsensical.

2 minutes ago, NicholasP said:

Nobody said they need to ask permission, they should have advised people seeing as they have allowed the ads for years now, if they were going to start interpreting the rule on a strict basis .It indeed would have been a common courtesy they could have extended. I'm sure people have been reporting the ads for years too, there really is no justification for the way this was done. Nobody says they can't do it, the questioning is about how it was done.

so what are we talking about? why should they do it, did you read the rules or not? did you accept them? yes, and everything is written, even that they can intervene without warning in case of alleged violation of a net, so what are you saying?

the 60-second timer was an attempt to try to make us understand that it was not a good thing, but we didn't care, we even spammed with multiple accounts and you all know it's like that!

lol really?

Just now, Merilyn said:

so what are we talking about? why should they do it, did you read the rules or not? did you accept them? yes, and everything is written, even that they can intervene without warning in case of alleged violation of a net, so what are you saying?

Arre you even understanding what people are saying? Clearly not... take the time to actually read the messages here before wading in with your own opinionated view

3 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

If they are going to ban people for advertising in world-chat, then I would request they remove the one minute timer that they in their "infinite" wisdom told us that is "the" way to combat advertisement spamming.

To be fair that timer also stopped some trolls who just spammed  things over and over again making it impossible for anyone else to chat.I'm happy to see no ads and the timer retained.

1 minute ago, Merilyn said:

I'm not contesting the rule, why do you keep going back to that? I am saying as a PR exercise it was handled very poorly. It's not a black and white situation.

😂😂😂 Spoken like you live in developer mind and know their intentions behind what they are doing 👍

Just now, NicholasP said:

To be fair that timer also stopped some trolls who just spammed  things over and over again making it impossible for anyone else to chat.I'm happy to see no ads and the timer retained.

And it's possible for everyone to chat with a 60 mins timer, yes 🙄

you did not do it and neither did I, but if the administrators have applied the rule, others have done it! and they are much more than your friends and mine.

it is useless now that you try to be right, we are not right, we are numbers for them, if you feel good it is like this and you accept the rules ok, nobody forces you to stay here.

the truth is that you have broken everyone's the b--ls for spam in world chat for rooms  , and do you think that for 10 people, a clan, or a family they want to lose 100 people? FORGET IT!