3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

I think the arguement for "Rape Poses" in this thread have centered mainly around perceived choking, restraints,  or striking animations.

Gizmo proposing creating a "Pose  Editor" that some may believe we just stand there and do nothing  like a hat rack is illogical. 

yep ,we know nothing about it . But it can be a sex pose editor. Why not? Can be anything,but we still dont know what about this pose editor will be.

I still look forward to more information. Maybe devs dont knows what they need to create lol

I think the arguement for "Rape Poses" in this thread have centered mainly around perceived choking, restraints,  or striking animations.

Ok I am not saying those are good things but they are not necessarily rape pose. If people are really saying they don't want Bondage/Domination/Sadistic/Masochistic poses in the game it would be nice if they would just say that.

I agree they are not and there is no evidence to support that arguement since the whole system requires invite and acceptance and is therefore consensual. 

A better arguement may have been they imply some sort of violence, which is still a shaky arguement.

Ok I am not saying those are good things but they are not necessarily rape pose. If people are really saying they don't want Bondage/Domination/Sadistic/Masochistic poses in the game it would be nice if they would just say that.

I think you really miss a great difference between rape and bdsm.

Yes, if you only see the poses, they are familiar. But the huge and most important difference is, that in bdsm the girl aggrees to it.

I for one freaking love to get tied up and being used as a fucktoy and being spanked. I love it.

As I said before. You may not like bdsm and you are more into the sensual sex and that is totaly fine, but isn't it unfair that you want to keep me from my bondage poses while you still have your slow (and in my opinion) boring poses?

If you don't like them, don't use them. It is as simple as that...

Rape is wrong.  There isn't a grey area or an ethical controversy to be discussed.

Its bad enough that is exist IRL, lets not let it invade our wonderful 3dx world.

Pose editor might be fun with the right restrictions. Perhaps the download would be another engine allowing the edited poses to be saved and sent to Gizmo.  Then the animations developed would be reviewed by Gizmo before introduction to the game.

We need more info Gizmo!

Are we talking about Animation editor? That would introduce more problems then the fun it could create.  Bugs could begin to appear that might compromise the server that are already running on thin ice. Then rape could be possible in game (calling a pose fluffy white bunny caressing) instead of (Now your getting donkey punched) :wacko:  I can guarantee if that day comes, the majority of members will just up and quit.  I know I would!

The real question is, have the developers already completed pose editor and are ready to introduce it into the game?

If that's the case, then we already paid for it so we might as well enjoy it.

How its introduced will be the hard part!

Good luck ;)

I think you really miss a great difference between rape and bdsm.

Yes, if you only see the poses, they are familiar. But the huge and most important difference is, that in bdsm the girl aggrees to it.

I for one freaking love to get tied up and being used as a fucktoy and being spanked. I love it.

As I said before. You may not like bdsm and you are more into the sensual sex and that is totaly fine, but isn't it unfair that you want to keep me from my bondage poses while you still have your slow (and in my opinion) boring poses?

If you don't like them, don't use them. It is as simple as that...

I agree with what your saying but I think the concept of consent in a bdsm situation may be at times more shaky then your implying, however my point was that basically any sex pose can be consensual in the right context. I think that some violent poses, however might not be but those are not really sex pose or things that I think could be depicted by a pose editor. Just as en example there was a guillotine made as one of the room assets that people can download. I think that would be something that would cross the line on whats acceptable. Could the pose editor make it more realistic with the blade dropping and what not well I don't know.

Jason, although what Daz3d calls "Poses" are static (not animated), what 3dxchat calls "Poses" are animations.  I would be extremely surprised if the pose editor we're talking about here was for static poses and not animations. 

We should assume we're talking about a tool that would let end users make sex animations that are usable in the game.  

There is some doubt as to whether the pose editor would also allow users to make the other kinds of poses (dances, idle animations, etc) since there's limited screen real estate for those buttons.  But the sex poses are already on tabs and have scroll bars.  From a UI standpoint, they can already be added.

That said, see my comment #140 earlier in this thread (page 7) with the four "policy" features I think are required to make this work.

Tlaera

Gizmo,  are the poses created with the Pose Editor going to be animated or not?  This may help clear up some of the responses and allow people to know what we would be getting.  These would be user created poses much like the World Editor rooms done by Users.  So with things going on with the rooms as people can get them, I'd assume the same would happen with the poses.

I believe the pose editor is only a still yes. No animation.

Why would they otherwise have so much trouble editing it in 3dmax them selves?

No i think there is no movement and its only to create images... there would be no other use of it.

But if it by anychance does have movement then it would have a big wow effect and changes the game for ever... even beter if the can be saved and can be shared.

Thr dreams omg the dreams LOL ;)

I suppose it boils down to the fact I am concerned about the kind of poses certain people will make using a pose editor.

In any case, previous threads have suggested that now we have the world editor 3dx Chat is a mature product. Previous threads also seemed to suggest that it is the social side of the game that could provide the greatest scope for growth. So I'm still undecided.

Well then we would have had it already i think... because the "screams" of needing new poses is allllllll over the forum and ppl talk regurarly abiut it in the games it self.

Other then a wall fuck there hasn't been al pose update for a long time.

I just think if it was THAT simple they would have done it already and not even ask for a vote on the forum and just do it because they KNOW we are in big need of it.

In the world editor there are no animated parts for something just as simple as moving a part up and down. So to say... to create an elevator that goes up and down when building and multi floored building.

A flag, a rocking chair, a swing, let the new cars drive or going on and with a boat.hell you could create a theme park like that.

Ever had sex in a rolercoaster? Lol

Would have been simple "right"?

But no they choose to let wait wait wait and create their own poses in 3dmax but there is nothing comming out. So do they have people shortage to create stuff? If so then why not ask the public (us) for help and if they do give them a discount for the monthly fee you have to pay for the game. But haven't heard or seen anything from them about.

So yeah enough reasons to think poses in pose editor would only be stills.

Much as i do with daz3d and as you can do i many other programs such as Maya and Poser. Creating 3d stills, these programs also have the option to do animation though you only need a hell of a good pc/good multiple (nvidia) graphics card to obtain max efficienty and not to have it render for days and days when doing animation.

Anyway... those are just my thoughts/takes on it.

Can you tell me where you get this from?

And ofc i would like them to be animated but i just felt that it wouldn't be like that. But it would be awesome. Even more so if the creations can be shared.

And ofc both partners can see and use the pose when intvited to it...

In the game (3dxchat), the way you start a sex animation is to click a button with the words "Select a pose" on it.

In this forum, whenever a player requests new sex animations, they request "new poses."

If a developer of this game wanted to ask players on this forum if they would like an editor to create the things they keep asking for, he would call it a "Pose Editor."  

It wouldn't make any sense for him to ask if we wanted a "pose" editor but secretly change the meaning of the word "pose" to be something different than it means in this game and on this forum. 

Tlaera

A couple of years ago a few of us here at home had a try at creating animations.

We used ipiSoft software firstly with 1 camera then later with 4 cameras.

We found that using 1 camera needed to much tweaking afterwards whereas using 4 the result only needed a small amount of tweaking.

This was for dance animations, I think most of the sex animations are done by hand.

So I have some questions for the devs as to what they are looking to have in this pose editer.

I don't think it will be just a still pose, it will be animation but I do feel it may be a little limited in what we can do with it.

Sex poses are not that hard to construct manually but others would be far to time consuming to do that way and the results would likely be very unnatural looking.

Animations to go between the current sex poses would also be very hard to do manually and have them look natural.

So likely any editor they make would be to create sex poses similar to what we have now and idle poses.

More complex poses can be done but I feel the devs would need to add a way where we can import animations created from motion capture software.

Dance animations, walk and run, and animations to take us from 1 sex pose to another could be done this way and the quality would be much better and much more natural.

We could use programs like Ikinema to tweak/cleanup these animations before we import them.

If this is not available to us I feel the more complex animations done by players would be few and likely mostly of low quality.

It would be really time consuming and not many would be prepared to produce them.

Also how are we going to be able activate these poses, for example are we going to be able to generate our own list to click to activate.

Are these poses going to be available to everyone or kept personal, if so will be able to share them.

If they will be available to everyone, like added to our pose menus we have now, then it is likely we will end up with huge menus being hard to navigate.

If they are kept personal then how will they be loaded, all the poses we have now are added to the game in updates and we all have them in our computers.

So when we play the game the poses are available for us to see no matter who is using them and loaded quickly from our own computers.

If the devs plan to add all the player created poses to the current pose list and send them out in updates I can see problems with that.

Huge updates and demand on our own computers could be a real problem.

Without it though, then the poses would not be able to be seen by others that do not have access to the files needed.

If those animations are not supplied in updates then they would need to be as we enter a location and that could really slow things up.

My opinion is these user created animations will likely be tied to our own rooms and people will receive the files as they enter our rooms.

I think with this the devs need to give us more information on what they intend to do and supply.

Without that we are all really voting blind.

Those are good questions, Twiggy.  One thing to be aware of, though, is that the amount of information stored in a pose file is pretty small, especially compared to the pictures we put in our profiles.  They're also very small compared to the music streaming into our computers.  So I wouldn't expect the poses to cause long downloads.  The questions about how they'll be shared and organized in our menus are spot on.  I recommend making suggestions to fix the apparent problems.  It's quite possible that gizmo will see a suggestion say, "that's a great idea" and implement it that way.  

Tlaera

Yes the files aren't that big, but we could end up with hundreds to even thousands of them.

If they are added as files in updates then they will be available to everyone everywhere, but lets say we have a location with say 100 people in it, all using different animations.

I think that would be a big load on our computers.

The picture files in our profiles are called when someone looks at that picture in our profile, so the size of them isn't a problem.

The music streams are supplied through other servers, so they don't effect the game from the game server, but yes they can effect the game on our own computers.

The more animations being used in any location at one time, the more ram is used and there is already a strain on ram with many of the rooms.

At the moment I am asking questions to someone I have here at home trying to figure things out, and also in here trying to get responses and get people thinking.

I agree 100% that we need to help Gizmo here, we play the game and although he does all the scripting we can often see where there may be problems where he does not.

After all many heads are better than one.

He does look at suggestions and I know for sure he does take them into account.

If he goes ahead with this editor it will likely be the most important addition to the game so far, and can make a huge difference to it.

So lets see if we can get people better understanding some of the problems around it, some of the things that will be needed and see what we can do to help.

If we can give people a better understanding of what is involved and what can be easily done or what can be problems, then I think we can all make better suggestions.

World Editor on here offers limited amount of things that are basic elsewhere you can get it.  So I can only think that it'll be less than basic as well.

Yes I feel its editing capabilities will be basic too, that is why I think it needs to be able to import animations made with other software.