3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

I was on the fence for awhile; because, the downsides of pose edit shouldn't be ignored.

Nevertheless, In the end, I voted yes.

If your still on the fence, perhaps my though will help.

I decided to count the poses of another "virtual 3D adult game", ( NO, I wont say which.......)

They have around 159 main poses,  and each pose has an average of 14 "action" poses within each pose ( ie... kiss, lick, suck, slap...etc...etc.). All animated, all the time, every time.

So.... just a rough estimate is around "2,226" pose possibilities.........

I'll admit, my math might be off, but even half that many is still 1,113 pose possibilities......

Or even half that, (1/4 of rough) is a whopping  556 ....... ishhhhhh.......

Lets keep going and say half of a half of a half (1/8 of rough) is as little as 278  possible pose combinations.

And below that, (which seems ridiculous) is 1/16 of a rough estimate, still gives us 139 poses.

3DX only offers around "63" poses.

So were left to describe, what we want to do to each other, rather than just acting on our intentions.

If we are descriptive about anything, it should only be how we make each other feel in the moment!

Well keep in mind that some graphics in that game are somewhat more scary than arousing ^^

But I agree, the idea of some variations in poses could be a really interesting idea; like caressing parts of th body, spanking, kissing...

Well keep in mind that some graphics in that game are somewhat more scary than arousing ^^

But I agree, the idea of some variations in poses could be a really interesting idea; like caressing parts of th body, spanking, kissing...

Absolutely....  I totally agree!  Bad graphics and clunky movement can ruin the moment.

That game has a lot of fast snappy action which made my eyes shudder, that's why I don't play it.   3dx is a lot slower, smoother and erotic, but lacks depth and doesn't offer variations within each pose.

In both; however, pose swap is just ridiculous.  I'm curious to see how (or if) a transition can be created.

Hey Rob,

I obviously don't know the answer to your question, but I'm pretty sure I can predict it.  The pose editor is a large undertaking, and they need to get customer benefit to justify the time and effort.  So they need to do the thing that the largest number of customers want from a pose editor.  And that's couple's sex poses.  I am 100% sure that any pose editor they make will support at least that.  It may do single player sex poses. It may do single player non-sex poses. It may ​do couples non-sex poses.  And it may do 3some poses as well.  But I'll be shocked if it doesn't do couples sex poses.

Tlaera

16 pages and no answer! it's a riddle..! Is it ...? Asking us something is great: here we have answered with over 85 % for yes ! No Information anymore ? Ask yourself if this is customer friendly Dev`s  ! 

​ 

To be fair, this will be a massive job, so I would expect they will not mention much till it looks like they have at least the framework laid out so as to not get expectations too high.

THX and myself talked a bit about the logistics involved earlier in the thread and its quite daunting. But I do hope they give us a bit of info as they work some of it out.

To be fair, this will be a massive job, so I would expect they will not mention much till it looks like they have at least the framework laid out so as to not get expectations too high.

THX and myself talked a bit about the logistics involved earlier in the thread and its quite daunting. But I do hope they give us a bit of info as they work some of it out.

I agree it is a big job and will take time.

I'm just hoping they can tell us if they have made a decision either way.

After all, the thread did start with a question.

I said Yes, for obvious reasons, but also for the ones people keep ignoring here.

First of all, this is an "Adult" game, that generally (use to be) focused on the sexual. I know that a lot of people come here and treat it as this realistic experience, making established connections and what not, and that's totally fine. However, we're paying per month for things that we haven't really gotten in years, and this game is not the Sims or Facebook, not everyone is here for that (and I'm pretty sure that's not what originally drew you all to this mature game), especially considering the scary experiences I've had upon opening myself up too much to certain people, but that's a topic for a different time and not the fault of 3DX Chat, but of socializing too much in the virtual world.

My point is, while I absolutely love the World Editor, and expressing my creativity, that's not the main focus of this game. Also in regards to people saying that the "quality of the poses might differ between players", that's the exact same argument you could use with the World Editor, or how someone chooses to dress their Avatar. If your not comfortable with your own quality and like someone else's, flattery is a compliment, feel free to copy them, we're not exactly publishing our virtual lives in the New Yorker. And you know, you could always just ask those people about their creations and get tips.

If your complaining about the pose editor and how complicated it might be, then don't use it? Since some people claim to not use 3DX Chat for the poses, then this shouldn't bother them in any way, but I can't imagine the Pose Editor being any more complicated than the World Editor, which as far as I can tell, come in a few different degrees of creativity, whereas I fall somewhere in the upper middle, and while I'm listing a pretty broad level of expertise, the same can really be said about anything you would make, virtual and otherwise. I also can't imagine sharing poses be any more difficult than loading a TINY file, like we have now with the World Editor, which could be EASILY shared here through the forums, and if certain people have more amazing poses than others and don't want to share it, that's their right as the creator, as someone who wants to save a unique experience for their personal lovers.

Beginner: People who aren't very computer savvy, creative, or don't have the time to make something unique and personal, instead just dropping default items into their Room with little editing.

Average: Those that understand the basics of the editors, and either don't have a ton of time to put into a project, or who won't fuss over the details once they've established basically what they wanted.

Expert: People who frequently play games like Minecraft, that have similar editors, and who are very passionate about what things they make look like, and dump dozens of hours into their creations.

Savant: Those who come out of nowhere with designs that nobody dreamt of, with a creativity that makes all those below them pale in comparison, making people wonder if their professional job is design or they just live on this game 24/7.

Also, go ahead and look at the Updates list of 3DX Chat: we literally haven't had a new pose since August of last year, yet we've had tons of new clothing and updates for the World Editor, so excuse me if I can't agree with people who are asking for a Clothing Editor, when clothes are all we've been getting for the longest time. I've been here for years, and I've noticed the active player base get thinner and thinner, longtime friends leaving the game, while it leans more and more towards a more Social experience. I for one, am frustrated with how we've only gotten a few poses over the past couple years, and while I still find many of the current poses entertaining, I've spoken to a lot of people who find them so stale at this point, that they don't even want to come back to the game.

I'm sorry but those who somehow think creating animated 3d poses will be as simple as making a room with world editor are in for quite a shock and likely to be extremely disappointed if this is something they ever do create.

ok i dont know but it seems like the players are being asked to do more and the powers that be- who should be doing more to improve the experience we pay for; are doing less. Im not a graphic expert and I ain't come here to become one...kinda thought that's why I paid; to have it done for me bcuz I don't know that kinda stuff. I agree that the old issues with bugs and crashing should be fixed and then let those who get paid to make the graphics do it and let us do what is paid for...having fun.

Personally I'm fully gung-ho for a pose editor coming into the game. 
Yes there is that scare with "lacklustre" poses getting made - but on the other paw there is always the opposite - there are brilliant minds playing 3dxchat, and I for one am darn right curious to see what people can come up with such a tool at their disposal.

Granted one thing, i (along with a lot of you) would love to know or at least have some kind of idea on how this would be done in game, and if it is going to be bound to rooms OR certain objects only.

My own personal theory (after making a pose in it's own editor, whatever that may be) is a "universal block" may get added to the world editor - when placed down we get to click on said block, which in turn lets us choose a .txt like file saved on our computers and uploaded into said block.
This is just one theory on how they could make the poses in game work - via sharing these files so they do stay room bound, from there it comes down to word of mouth or video/picture demos.  

If this is the case (and even if not I'd like to maybe see this someday), perhaps make it so we can tweak pose spots we have in game? 
Such as which poses cannot be selected at this certain location?
For example if you have made a sofa, and added an invisible bed in the middle of it, fully intending to only have that bed's cuddle poses - block access to any other poses that bed can do, and perhaps merge them cuddle poses with the sofa's foreplay menu?