3DXChat Community

[Poll] Ignore System

Gizmo

301 members have voted

1. 1. What is better?

• Account wide block, I don't care if anybody find my alt characters
    • Character block (no one can find your alts)
    • Only one character per account

The amount of people who are afraid of others finding out who their alts are kinda gives you an idea of their intentions. Yes I understand some people want to remain hidden from friends sometimes and I have an alt for that purpose also, but when I am on that alt, i don't worry about people trying to find out who I am because i am not doing anything to attract attention to myself. So the argument of people wanting to stay hidden is understandable but null in this case. If you want to remain hidden then don't bring attention to yourself in such a way that will make others attempt to figure out who you are. 

If you are using an alt to RP, then someone finding out who your alt is should not matter. Again, you should not have anything to worry about as long as you are not doing anything to bring attention to yourself in such a way that it makes others curious as to who you really are.

I still feel that most people who want to remain hidden on alts feel this way because they are doing malicious and deceitful things. Account wide ban keeps people in check and greatly helps to safeguard against harassment.

Ash's idea is the best in my opinion.

I don't really care about ghosts. We will still see people fucking in the air. It's stupid to make the not ignored avatar invisible. He did nothing bad.

But still... We pay for 3 slots... Well, we paid for 3 slots. I don't understand why new members cannot have 3 characters. If we want more than 3 slots, I do understand we would have to pay. But 3 slots at the beginning is a feature. Not an option!!!

I have a main avatar and 2 others for RP purposes. In the profiles of my alts, I wrote that they are there for RP only. I know that not everyone does that. But if you think someone is bullshitting you, BAN, the whole account. Easy...

Someone talked about IP block. This is nonsense. IP address can be easily replaced or hidden.

You already have these characters now, there's no charge. You only have to pay if you delete and make new character, which if you already have them, would nt make sense unless you were trying to escape an ignore. You can go in and make that char look any way you want. 

if you really want avoid the most dramas , you have to ignore the account ( even if i dont like this option ) AND let the fee at 10000 Xgold for the 2nd and 3rd avatars .

Why doing the things half ?.

As long as i don't see them i do not care how much it costs ki have mine friends and wife knows it i do not need do other, but again think at the rp community with that fee, cant hit in 99 cause 1 did you something.

If you or your alts. and you have done something the affects all the rules of playing this lovely game.  You should be banded .  It is a game for everyone to enjoy.  Take your problems off line and get your self sorted.

Enjoy this lovely game.

Sometime u get ignored for trivial reasons, moast ignore for colds for example, so why you ban from game that person? If someone does such harm to u that you need him banned or whatever I say again report it prove he/she is what you say ,and i'm sure ash and achilles will say the same , the devs will take careof your problem so screenshot convo, ignore and report your problem solved

You already have these characters now, there's no charge. You only have to pay if you delete and make new character, which if you already have them, would nt make sense unless you were trying to escape an ignore. You can go in and make that char look any way you want. 

I was thinking about new members, not to me.

And... Names matter in RP. So it's logical to delete an avi to create a new one with a new name.

I don't really care about ghosts. We will still see people fucking in the air. It's stupid to make the not ignored avatar invisible. He did nothing bad.

I never said they did anything wrong. Seeing them fucking air just brings the curiosity of who they fucking is all. Really doesn't matter just a silly thought that I happened to have when I wrote that post.

If all alts names were in a different color or marked with RP we wouldn't need to worry about an account wide block.

If all alts names were in a different color or marked with RP we would know which avis deserve the different types of trust we need to be able to show.

If all alts names were in a different color or marked with RP there would not need to be a charge for making a new alt.

If all alts names were in a different color or marked with RP players could still do the things with alts that have been mentioned earlier in this thread.

If all alts names were in a different color or marked with RP the only thing they could not do is so easily use alts to cause trouble or to deceive people.

The reason people go on witch hunts in the 1st place is people are using alts to do the wrong thing and that is made easy as we are not able to tell they are alts.

If we know an avi is an alt we would know not to put so much trust in what they say, for example when they use an alt to try to influence players against other players.

We would also know that if that avi is an alt then there is a chance that they are role playing or maybe even know they are role playing depending on how it is implemented, that then gives us the choice on if we want to be involved with that role play or not. It does not mean no one will get involved, it just means we are given the choice. For me maybe sometimes I would want to go with a role player, but I would want it to be my choice not theirs.

I think another option needs to be added to the pole.

Leave the iggy the way it is at character block only and have alts shown as RP or in a different color with no charge to make an alt.

I like this idea, so then people are aware if they want to account block it can cause a security risk in a sense of privacy. I agree with this 100%. :)

ash as i see it the problem of privacy is not for the blockers but for the blocked i parade with my avis i do not care who knows what my love one knows we ok , but there are some people who use this feature to find people to cause trouble for them im sure that in the game they are more players that come for the rp and a change from reality than the lets dance one and maybe on one account you wanna be the cool guy tomorrow wanna be the damn vampire or next the raper or daddy or whatever. why that guy/gal need to say ok i am this, this and this maybe he wants his privacy and dont want harm anyone. The ghost and search for in fl thing is same as the give collor tags to first second third avi that stil a privacy issue not for me if block you for u as the one that gets blocked . if no ghosts and the mutual block thing its getting off than all is good and btw maybe even when you block someone you should automaticcaly remove from friends so no one can spy/stalk on you. 

I thought that the red ghosts were introduced to show us why we can't sit down on a chair.

BTW what about a room kick function? Even if I ignore a player he can still be in my room. Also it seems that alredy ignored players can still jump in my room, even this should not be possible. Maybe it was a bug or a hack.

Feel like i have to ask this because i rarely perma ignore anyone, but always wondered with account wide ban, what if person only have one avatar delete him. Did he disappear from ignore list then like people been doing on friend list if their avatars didn't exist any longer, because wouldn't it create another problem if you eventually wanted to lift the ignore?

Btw, if problem with old account wide ban was security of person identity, because someone ignored them at then they could check against red ghost and play detective to figure out who they were. Couldn't you just make ignore stick to initial person ignore and make ignore on alts extend to only text or invites. Then it wouldn't be obvious to see their alts but they would effectively be ignore from interacting with you without you being aware of it?

EDIT: But then again i guess if you're really obsessive of cause you could still have two accounts see, if someone talks that is not talking on the ignored account. But again at any case of such extreme i doubt there is really much one can do i guess.

Hey Devs,

I've been silent for a long time because I always had the feeling that you don't care anyway...

This is the first time, that you bring something to a vote and I really appriciate it!!!!!!

So, just wanna to say thank you for this

Mich

Excellent point. It's good to know that the devs are interested in topics that garner much attention. To the devs...Thank you for taking the time and being active on high interest topics such as this. It is very much appreciated.

Well if these are going to be the only options given then my vote is to go to one avi per account as it is the only one that offers anything to help stop the drama being caused by alts.

It is worth it to me to loose anything I would use alts for to be able to put my trust back into things in the game.

I disagree that alts could cause drama to the community, unless such user is a sociopath and should ultimately be disciplined in other way.

I recently open an alt because I noticed a pattern of people approaching me and wanting to RP with me. I suspected who it was and right after having a conversation with my alt, that person blocked me. So, its right for people to open alts to try to get into somebody's pants but it's not okay because they cause drama?

This whole topic opens a door for which hunts, false pretenses, accusations and overall cry-wolf behavior...but it is what it is...This is a decision taken by the owners and we have to either accept it or move on. I'm okay with whatever but please don't limit us to 1 character. Personally, I think that things as they are right now are working just peachy. 

And don't get me wrong. I'm here to make friends, do some role playing and have fun....If somebody even attempts to clutter my 3DXChat experience with drama of any kind, it will be simply ignored, regardless of alts or not.

Hey Devs,

I've been silent for a long time because I always had the feeling that you don't care anyway...

This is the first time, that you bring something to a vote and I really appriciate it!!!!!!

So, just wanna to say thank you for this

Mich

It's not first time

We voted many times for example group sex or next feature patch... but devs scrapped the idea after 2 or 3 polls

Chloe said…

BTW what about a room kick function? Even if I ignore a player he can still be in my room. Also it seems that alredy ignored players can still jump in my room, even this should not be possible. Maybe it was a bug or a hack.

I did think of adding to my post but figured it might be too complex…

- prevent ignored person joining a room where you are and

- option to join or not join a room where someone you have ignored is present...

if the offender is inhibited from going places, it might make them think more about their actions.

Nahhh, too complex.

Nice try Ash , thank youBut this does not solve the problem for all sides . Hunters on alts was before been added red ghosts . Its simple . All go with friends and not a problem to calculate the character  from the ppl in some place . Friend of stalker/hunter can easily say all the names that he sees . So it worked before .

Forum Pole is not important because there are not many players from the game . Poll should be added to the game before entering like a everyday Xgold bonus . Poll on 1 account . So you will be able to know about any players preferences . It will be more objectively .

ps : This may work perfectly . By calculating the percentage of votes in the poll, you can add a work plan for updates . 

For example : 60% wanna male-female pose , 21% wanna lesbian pose and 19% wanna gay pose . 1st update can be male-female ,2nd upd about lesbian ,3rd about gays etc .

And if someone on the forum will ask about the updates then you can always refer to in-game Pole . Players will be cozy and comfortable to play knowing that they are not forgotten . 

Simple .

Edited by ExHaran

The poll has been posted on the game login screen, and clicking it directly links back here. 

It's up to to everyone to take responsability and take the time or not to use the information given to them.

As for newly created  accounts, keep in mind that the link from the login screen might have encouraged players to join forum to make their voices heard on the poll.