3DXChat Community

BETA (December 2023)

Gizmo

On 12/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, Gizmo said:

There may be such an opinion. How did you come to think that way? Could you elaborate?

Hello, it would be a pleasure for me to develop my thoughts.

You are not someone who can be trusted you come to us to say A... to show A... but every time you give us B.

You want me to develop my thoughts more?

Can you tell me where the wiggle body is? or the pose editor? or hair mechanics for size.....

Are my words wrong...? No and i think a lot of players in the community can confirm.

Are you an adult or are you a child?

If you have an adult stop taking your community for people with 2 Qi who only know how to jerk off and who don't know how to think, stop promising things that you are not capable of achieving and that you know in advance that what you show us will never be there today or tomorrow or in 5 years.

Are my words false? I do not think so...

2 hours ago, Akeli said:

You are not someone who can be trusted you come to us to say A... to show A... but every time you give us B.

Can you tell me where the wiggle body is? or the pose editor? or hair mechanics for size.....

Are my words wrong...? No and i think a lot of players in the community can confirm.

Are you an adult or are you a child?

If you have an adult stop taking your community for people with 2 Qi who only know how to jerk off and who don't know how to think, stop promising things that you are not capable of achieving and that you know in advance that what you show us will never be there today or tomorrow or in 5 years.

Are my words false? I do not think so...

@Akeli How nice of you to mention all this. It's just great that you have an opinion. You don't want to share it? That's fine too. I'm not the one judging you.

And here's the thing: When I showed screenshots of the shaking body, when I asked about the pose editor, and so on. The last thing I wanted to do was to offend you. And now here we are: due to my actions, you have created such strong expectations in your mind, but those expectations have not been fulfilled (at least for now), and you are blaming it all on me.

And here is the most essential question: what are you choosing to do next? Be offended and continue to blame me? Is that an adult attitude?

Let me tell you what I choose to do: be careful what I say and post here. So as not to offend you again with new unreasonable expectations.

What do you think about this?

stop taking your community for people with 2 Qi who only know how to jerk off and who don't know how to think

I strongly disagree with what you said about the 3DX community.

@Gizmo Since you answering people here, maybe it's okay if I ask a few questions about some game features and things that I've seen people asking a lot in discord and, well, I am kinda would very love to see them in game too... 

1. Body/face piercings

2. Transparent materials for clothing customization

3. Erection slider/switch

4. Panties for female avis with new customization

I understand that you probably don't want to establish any dates and give promises and stuff, but maybe you could at least tell if you and the team working on these things / planning to work on them in the future / not even planning to? And how far/near they are in your priority list? 

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

@Xizi I see your questions. But I will not answer them. I already explained the reasons above. I hope it will not affect your feelings about the game.

I don't want to create any expectations :)

Probably a smart move. Also some expectations are good, keeps us looking forward to what's next. But maybe hold off from sharing screenshots unless something is going to be ready to ship with the next update. 

It's a fine line to walk between staying transparent and not over sharing. 🙂

And @Akeli, can you give me screenshots or quotes of these features being promised? Any confirmation on when they were explicitly told when they'd be done? If it were a AAA studio, I'd be a bit more upset if they were. But a small indie developer? Not so much.

"By popular demand, we have added Unreal Engine 5 directly to Unity"

This sounds like BS really.

Do Explain how you "add" Unreal Engine 5 TO Unity. You mean some features Unreal Engine has...? Or something along those lines? I see no difference really in the beta turning that on or off. It looks like something added there because "it sounds good" and people feel better if they can turn something on in the settings that sounds fancy, but it doesn't do anything.

EDIT:

"PS: For those who may have missed it, I'd like to clarify: the mention of UE5 was meant in jest :) However, we're excited to share that we have indeed introduced a feature to enhance the smoothing of skin and body shapes for characters."

Uhh..... Okay now I feel dumb. Disregard what I said earlier, I didn't know it was a joke.

Edited by Tsela

14 hours ago, Akeli said:

@Gizmo I also agree with her points here, although I dismissed the rest of anger issues in that post.

Indeed she's right, because some things were NEVER implemented in 5 years like for example re introducing the TV feature to play our videos and such, when back then it was some talk about changing from FLASH to HTML and it will be reimplemented.

You see, most of the things cause frustration when you promise something, like pose editor, or that video feature to be back, or many other features like the clothing editor and such, and later we get some fuck poses in the update, some hairstyles and we call it a day, and no mentions about them again.

We are all adults, and it would be far easier if you would just say: Hey, we met some issues implementing this or that, sorry, we will not do it.

Sure we might complain a bit about some features we were looking forward to, but at least you were honest about it, and we move on. Can't do it, let's see then what else can be done then, and we walk towards the next cool thing

Edited by Tsela

3 hours ago, AIice said:

I am worried... Gizmo is talking here more than he has talked in the forums or other place in the last 10 years.

I hope that's not a bad omen.

A bad omen? Like the beginning of the end, right? Maybe so. But I wouldn't trust those promises if I were you. 😄

14 hours ago, OnlyMildlyAddicted said:

Probably a smart move. Also some expectations are good, keeps us looking forward to what's next. But maybe hold off from sharing screenshots unless something is going to be ready to ship with the next update. 

It's a fine line to walk between staying transparent and not over sharing. 🙂

That's a great idea! I accept it with gratitude. I should learn from you 👍

7 hours ago, Tsela said:

@Gizmo I also agree with her points here, although I dismissed the rest of anger issues in that post.

Indeed she's right, because some things were NEVER implemented in 5 years like for example re introducing the TV feature to play our videos and such, when back then it was some talk about changing from FLASH to HTML and it will be reimplemented.

You see, most of the things cause frustration when you promise something, like pose editor, or that video feature to be back, or many other features like the clothing editor and such, and later we get some fuck poses in the update, some hairstyles and we call it a day, and no mentions about them again.

We are all adults, and it would be far easier if you would just say: Hey, we met some issues implementing this or that, sorry, we will not do it.

Sure we might complain a bit about some features we were looking forward to, but at least you were honest about it, and we move on. Can't do it, let's see then what else can be done then, and we walk towards the next cool thing

While I agree its frustrating when promises are made but not fullfilled, I have two things to say about that:

1. In game development, it can happen that you want to do things, even promise them, but then see that they wont work as you want them to work and disregard it. They could say/announce that this or that promise wont be fullfilled, but that will cause a huge shitstorm. If you are long on this forum we've experienced them very often. So either way, if they tell us this or that wont work, or stay silent. Both will end in a shitstorm because people here tend to think they are entitled to some features. So if they choose the path, where they dont have to deal with this shitstorm and repeating a statement over and over again (like in this thread here for example the breast poses), I actually understand it. I dont like it, but understand it.

2. I have yet to see a proof where they promised the pose editor. Yes, they said, they will try and look if its doable, but they never said "We WILL bring it!". At least I dont know about any statement of that kind. I could be wrong of course so please, share me the proof of that, if I am wrong here. Because I read that pose editor argument so often, but never saw an actual proof of it.

19 hours ago, Gizmo said:

@Xizi I see your questions. But I will not answer them. I already explained the reasons above. I hope it will not affect your feelings about the game.

I don't want to create any expectations :)

Yeah, I can understand it. 

Well, then I'll just hope for the best I guess. 

On 12/12/2023 at 12:47 AM, Whimsy said:

You joined in October, let`s talk when you have been here 8-10 years that some of us have and find out if you are just as happy with "an update every 6 months" then.

Heh, you have no idea... Not a clue in the world 🤣

On 12/12/2023 at 1:17 AM, Xizi said:

Just because he is new here 

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh am I new though? How do you know for sure how long I've been here?

On 12/12/2023 at 1:33 AM, Whimsy said:

Really ? Demean his opinion ?

That is what you read ? I guess that says something about you too then.

To clarify since it was hard to understand, I said it because people that have been here for a while, well those that are still here, have seen the changes, the lack of communication, the broken promises, etc etc over the years, and many of us have changed our opinion about the dev`s and the game in general, thus saying "let`s talk when you have been here 8-10 years that some of us have and find out if you are just as happy with "an update every 6 months" then"

Yeah, I've been here a while actually. Sorry to bust your "gotcha" moment🥲

Edited by OnlyMildlyAddicted

9 hours ago, Loruna said:

While I agree its frustrating when promises are made but not fullfilled, I have two things to say about that:

1. In game development, it can happen that you want to do things, even promise them, but then see that they wont work as you want them to work and disregard it. They could say/announce that this or that promise wont be fullfilled, but that will cause a huge shitstorm. If you are long on this forum we've experienced them very often. So either way, if they tell us this or that wont work, or stay silent. Both will end in a shitstorm because people here tend to think they are entitled to some features. So if they choose the path, where they dont have to deal with this shitstorm and repeating a statement over and over again (like in this thread here for example the breast poses), I actually understand it. I dont like it, but understand it.

2. I have yet to see a proof where they promised the pose editor. Yes, they said, they will try and look if its doable, but they never said "We WILL bring it!". At least I dont know about any statement of that kind. I could be wrong of course so please, share me the proof of that, if I am wrong here. Because I read that pose editor argument so often, but never saw an actual proof of it.

Well I don't know how many times it was quoted by others that Gizmo literally said that pose editor is coming and it will be a big feature of the game. He said exactly that. YEARS passed since then.

As I said, I have no problem with difficulties, or some things might be scraped, as long as developers stay honest about it. Otherwise sure I can say that I will build a spaceship irl. Talking is cheap.

BESIDES. YOU don't have to find excuses for others, since I didn't ask YOU about this. You are not in charge of coding or anything. So you only have some "opinions" of you own. That's why I specifically called out Gizmo in that post and not some Loruna

I appreciate your opinions, but I just explained the reason why quite a lot of that frustration about promised features, that people are talking about are completely justified, even if some might be rude also while voicing their concerns

Edited by Tsela

13 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Well I don't know how many times it was quoted by others that Gizmo literally said that pose editor is coming and it will be a big feature of the game. He said exactly that. YEARS passed since then.

As I said, I have no problem with difficulties, or some things might be scraped, as long as developers stay honest about it. Otherwise sure I can say that I will build a spaceship irl. Talking is cheap.

BESIDES. YOU don't have to find excuses for others, since I didn't ask YOU about this. You are not in charge of coding or anything. So you only have some "opinions" of you own.

I appreciate your opinions, but I just explained the reason why quite a lot of that frustration about promised features, that people are talking about are completely justified, even if some might be rude also while voicing their concerns

You are posting in a public forum. If you dont like it, when people answer you, even if you tag a specific person, you should probably try to reach out to him by PM. And to add to this: I was working with the devs. I know one or two tricks and intern stuff about them. So I have a reason to my "opinions" and why they are valid.

I get that many people are upset, but our devs are just humans like us. They cant make things done 100% because there is always something that could maybe not work. As for the pose editor. I asked for an proof or evidence that they said they would release it. All you say is that "many said, that Gizmo said" and that thing is always dangerous. When I was working for them, this rumour did break lose because Gizmo said, they would try to get it to work. Thats what he said. He did not guarantee it but people interpeted exactly that into his words. That being said... If you give me a proper proof that I am wrong, I will gladly take those words back and criticize them/him as well. 

Listen, I dont want to find excuses for them. If someone follows my twitter, they know, that I criticize them alot lately. Just saying... nearly half an year ago, they said "in a few weeks" we will get the new poses. And even now, with the Beta, we still dont get all of the announced or previewed poses. Thats what makes me really upset.
BUT I stay fair to them. And this pose editor thing is just a damn curse in this community. For years it goes around and around and people still dont understand or accept it, that this feature will most likely not be in the game any time soon. 

43 minutes ago, Tsela said:

BESIDES. YOU don't have to find excuses for others, since I didn't ask YOU about this. You are not in charge of coding or anything. So you only have some "opinions" of you own. That's why I specifically called out Gizmo in that post and not some Loruna

Ok, can you provide a screenshot or direct quotation like I asked from someone else earlier?

I'm curious how long it took for the world editor to be created years ago. How long did it take between that being announced and it's released? Genuinely curious, not trying to attack anybody here.

26 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Can we go back to beta for it's what matters here...

I'd love to. But every time a beta or update comes up a few people start aggressively and senselessly pissing on the devs in the same forum post as the update. After years of seeing it I'm getting tired of it.

So Ive been reading each and every one of Gizmo's replies and the only thing I clearly understood was that what he has to say was totally meaningless. For the most part folks here were asking valid questions and he failed to provide a direct answer each and every time.. a few examples - "That's a great idea! I accept it with gratitude. I should learn from you"..

"I see your questions. But I will not answer them. I already explained the reasons above. I hope it will not affect your feelings about the game. I don't want to create any expectations".. "The last thing I wanted to do was to offend you. And now here we are: due to my actions, you have created such strong expectations in your mind, but those expectations have not been fulfilled (at least for now), and you are blaming it all on me." .. "It's good of you to mention that. Yeah, I realize now. I thought we were almost finished and about to release the animation, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case then. I got the timing wrong more than once. So, to the question "When?" I'll answer, "As soon as it's ready," so no one gets upset about unfulfilled expectations." .. "Thank you for your question. We aim to convert all old clothes to the new material system gradually. However, we do not set a binding deadline and are working on this task at our own pace."  ..

If Gizmo wishes to avoid committing to a firm response then instead of making promises he hasn't been in a position to keep how about promising things that he definitely knows he can ?.. For example - "In the next update we will be introducing new shorts for women along with several new poses"  etc.

As for accessories like piercings, butt plugs, see-through clothing, in-game commands, option to go into a sub mode where you don't have to agree to a pose, those are all things that can be introduced practically immediately and pirate servers have had them for years.. some of these same pirate servers are now well ahead of 3DXchat when it comes to poses, accessories, outfits and tattoos amongst other things..

I'll conclude by commenting on the introduction of the new food and drink items.. am I the only one or have others also noticed that barely any players are opting to buy them ?.. The same goes for the colored names etc..  The reason is really quite simple !.. They are too damn expensive !!!.. We pay US$49 for a years subscription and are only allowed a measly 300 gold/per day if we log in on a daily basis.. Fancy colored names can range in cost from 500 gold to over 15,000 gold !.. 500 gold for a bottle of wine.. beers went from being free to costing 50 gold !!.. How about increasing the amount of gold we are allotted per day?.. say from the 300 it currently is to 1000 gold ?.. Or how about reducing how much it costs for all those items ?.. cigarettes/cigars for 5 gold.. a glass of whatever for 10 gold.. Beers for 15 gold.. a bottle of wine for 25 gold. And why do we get charged for consuming those items when we are in our rooms ?

I know this channel is meant to be for comments regarding the Beta, however seeing as Gizmo appears to be actually reading these posts I thought I may as well pass on these comments here instead of being ignored in the dedicated channels..

Have a great day y'all.. Shout out to Feuermond, thanks for all those great outfit mods 💋

6 hours ago, OnlyMildlyAddicted said:

Heh, you have no idea... Not a clue in the world 🤣

I could care less if you have been here longer or if you are lying. My comment reflected that your profile says you joined October 1 so it was a reasonable assumption that you did so.

Hardly a "pissing my pants" from laughing moment, but what ever floats your teeth.