3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

To touch on a subject about updates with this game and when people complain.  With VR being one of it aspects it's not becoming the only one that's moving in that direction.  https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/imvu-the-leading-avatar-based-3d-social-network-acquires-stayup-inc-300696944.html?tc=eml_cleartime

To those that wish to offer up and mind you, a previous user did submit a few dances that are presently used and received backlash from users for it, but I'l post this link to the thread as a reminder anyway.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2208-user-created-content/

Guys, we produced a series of preliminary tests and found new bugs. Before running the test server in open access, we need to fix everything. I hate to say this, but we all need to wait a little. In fact, I also like you can not wait to run it.

wait a little? Gizmo my dude when you say that how much is a little? like how long do we have to wait is what i mean by it, just so you know

Guys, we produced a series of preliminary tests and found new bugs. Before running the test server in open access, we need to fix everything. I hate to say this, but we all need to wait a little. In fact, I also like you can not wait to run it.

Thanks for the info. But i thought the test server was a 'side project', aside from next update. Like .. Update actual server, then once its done, open a new server?

Thanks for the info. But i thought the test server was a 'side project', aside from next update. Like .. Update actual server, then once its done, open a new server?

The first (main) server (where we are now), as in other games, will be without an update
the second server will be tested by players voluntarily before the update will be presented on the main server (where we are now)

The update 376 will be made on a seperate server so we get a client to download only for this one server. Then everyone can join and create new avatars for testing the new environment (new client version and new server version)

You can then report bugs and the most critical stuff will be fixed before the server goes live, the going live will include the complete merge of the old data (all your account data and avatars, the new avatars will be deleted) 

This needs to be done because the server changes completely, I guess its was made from scratch.

But you want to fix already known bugs before the players can join. 

The update 376 will be made on a seperate server so we get a client to download only for this one server. Then everyone can join and create new avatars for testing the new environment (new client version and new server version)

You can then report bugs and the most critical stuff will be fixed before the server goes live, the going live will include the complete merge of the old data (all your account data and avatars, the new avatars will be deleted) 

This needs to be done because the server changes completely, I guess its was made from scratch.

But you want to fix already known bugs before the players can join. 

Yup I understand, as any other game company does (LoL with PBE), i'm fine with that .. just fear that everyone will go on 'beta' server only :D

Yup I understand, as any other game company does (LoL with PBE), i'm fine with that .. just fear that everyone will go on 'beta' server only :D

As developer I would roleback the testsystem from time to time so only people who are really testing come around try some stuff report bugs and after that time shut down the server fix some stuff that was reported and reset to 0. With this people would not switch completely to the new server. 

But that is my personal opinion ;)

All i hope is that on the Test Server no one can copy a Name from the other Server and cause some BS 

Edit: After thinking my Thought through i think it wont be possible since you log in with your credentials and will use your current Avatars.

All i hope is that on the Test Server no one can copy a Name from the other Server and cause some BS 

Edit: After thinking my Thought through i think it wont be possible since you log in with your credentials and will use your current Avatars.

No there wont be any avatars on the new server you can create new ones you get some xgold and thats it ... after the test time everything will be reset and you can join again with your avatars you have on the old system

No there wont be any avatars on the new server you can create new ones you get some xgold and thats it ... after the test time everything will be reset and you can join again with your avatars you have on the old system

So what you are saying is , someone on the new Server could create a Avatar with the name i have ?

We plan to launch a test server and release a test client that will work regardless of the current client of the game. On the test server, you can create completely new characters, get some gold for testing purposes.

Now we have a list of bugs that need to be fixed before launching. Stay tuned!

Well its what gizmo said not what I think will happen so no room for speculations