3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

Doesn't making a new avatar cost 10k XGold?

That would be 15$ for each new avatar you want to create or come online for a month to get the 300 for the login.

I dont know if anyone will spend money just to troll around with a person.

the point is that there are many people who save theír daily xgold, knowing some who have over 200k of gold

Also just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others. Your logic is a bit flawed there. I have never had my house broken into, but I still do lock the doors when I leave.

You know, this comment pisses me off. I was careful to express my opinion as opinion, and I acknowledged that there are others who have been affected by this problem.  So you are the one with flawed logic. 

You know, this comment pisses me off. I was careful to express my opinion as opinion, and I acknowledged that there are others who have been affected by this problem.  So you are the one with flawed logic.

You are defending a system that makes it easier for people to circumvent an ignore. That in itself is quite telling.

Lets look at some of the problems I can see with this, or are likely to be the case as I see it.

Depending on how Gizmo goes about things I can see certain things he may not have accounted for.

He has said that each avi on our accounts will now have individual ids, which can be taken in 2 different ways.

Is he going to make it so each slot we have for our avis has individual ids, or is it going to be that every avi we create is awarded its own id.

If it is the 1st, where each slot has an id, then I can see a problem there.

If he does it this way then the creators of Pandora can easily make a scan that can get all exiting players new slot ids, and I would be fairly certain they would already even be catering for that.

So if it is this way, then Pandora would still be very much in the scene, Pandora already has almost all the accounts and can quickly scan all of the ones it has and find out the new slot ids.

Once it has them then for those accounts it would be still very much the same as it is now.

If he plans on giving each and every new avi created a unique id, then I hope he has thought ahead enough to know he will also need a new database to remember who each of the new avis belonged to.

Otherwise when a report is made, if the alt owner has deleted that alt, then there will be no way of telling who owned it.

People will very quickly wake up to the fact that all they would have to do is delete their alt after doing what ever they wanted and not have to worry about any reports.

I can see where this will go, not having Pandora and more so not having the account wide iggy.

WC and likely at least some of the local chats will become a free for all, with lots of people creating alts for things like payback.

I can remember when we didn't have the full account iggy, things were much worse than they are now.

And also remember when later, after they had added the account wide iggy, that it failed to work properly for a while after an update where it did not iggy account wide.

People took advantage of that when it happened and created alts just to harass and pay back on others.

That is where I see it going again, history tells us that.

Guest Stefia

Lets look at some of the problems I can see with this, or are likely to be the case as I see it.

Depending on how Gizmo goes about things I can see certain things he may not have accounted for.

He has said that each avi on our accounts will now have individual ids, which can be taken in 2 different ways.

Is he going to make it so each slot we have for our avis has individual ids, or is it going to be that every avi we create is awarded its own id.

If it is the 1st, where each slot has an id, then I can see a problem there.

If he does it this way then the creators of Pandora can easily make a scan that can get all exiting players new slot ids, and I would be fairly certain they would already even be catering for that.

So if it is this way, then Pandora would still be very much in the scene, Pandora already has almost all the accounts and can quickly scan all of the ones it has and find out the new slot ids.

Once it has them then for those accounts it would be still very much the same as it is now.

If he plans on giving each and every new avi created a unique id, then I hope he has thought ahead enough to know he will also need a new database to remember who each of the new avis belonged to.

Otherwise when a report is made, if the alt owner has deleted that alt, then there will be no way of telling who owned it.

People will very quickly wake up to the fact that all they would have to do is delete their alt after doing what ever they wanted and not have to worry about any reports.

I can see where this will go, not having Pandora and more so not having the account wide iggy.

WC and likely at least some of the local chats will become a free for all, with lots of people creating alts for things like payback.

I can remember when we didn't have the full account iggy, things were much worse than they are now.

And also remember when later, after they had added the account wide iggy, that it failed to work properly for a while after an update where it did not iggy account wide.

People took advantage of that when it happened and created alts just to harass and pay back on others.

That is where I see it going again, history tells us that.

Its the reason for my part i repeat these update to separe the alts is totally useless during wont be secure and lock the access and the security to their database, these "update" will resolve nothing and less the room  steal. These access to their data base to scan the accounts and extract room files must been the real update will resolve all not to an announcment will just engage more iggy part. The fact to separe the alts will engage an other troubles people forget the troll during the parties, actually someone iggy can jump in a room and continue to put troubles and the troll Nothing is do against these too.... in first even we consider guizmo and his team will repair these, separe the alts, we are good to pass our nights on awesome ignore lists to iggy each one by one and live the drama 3 times because we have really psychotic people inthese game.

Lot of people are sure all are nice and gentle, but you have people are so much "crazy" they go until to have 3 accounts to stalk do the trolls spit on people. We see them enough on the world chat like the list of their alt and accounts. And it's just the part declare them and the most crazy to argue and show them. An other part more vicious exist and we have live it on these forum until post the files hack, its easy for some to give lesson when they arent concern by the problem it's other when suddenly they are attack and live the harrassment. We have see player litterally explose desesperate on the forum the facts are here and show how the fail systems, the alts use can destroy someone come just pay a game where was guizmo for these player?

And all i see nothing is do against, nothing to say hey people we have see our fails we repare, no actually its we put an ID to ban, in first i dont see players ban in the game even we report them, its just a big smoke of communication it will resolve nothing the scan account will continue the room steal will continue that's all. And even suddenly 3DX team decide to apply a moderation rule, the scan have do the alt even iggy its too late the player is destroy, the freedom is rape, the room is rape that's all. To resolve the problem it'snt to apply a system to focus a alt its all the account and all the accounts link. 3DX just like these conserve the "bad player" to pay the game and conserve a maximal of custumer. Since 6 years they dont ban people in game dont respect the rules why suddenly they will apply something they have never do? Just the ID? Just loool the player isnt ban he does a new alt or account that's all and 3DX continue to have the rent monthly.

People find the team for gods it'snt...

I believe it comes down to them not being able to figure out how to have account wide ignore while also blocking Pandora. I don't really understand why they can't just keep account wide ignore and simply secure the database. Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

Well there are some people who hate the idea of account wide ignore because that keeps them from harassing the same people.

I would like to hear any logical reason why account wide ignore is bad and how that makes 3dx bad for people.

That in itself is quite telling.

Oh really? Well then please do tell. What are you implying?

From where I stand, it looks as if you don't really have a good counter argument, so the best you can do is make snide remarks. 

It's possible to keep the account wide ignore and write in the features needed to prevent Pandora from having access.  I would think would rather wait and have this sorted out then revert back to three years ago when there was no account wide ignore.  In all honesty, if someone really wants to get the information they will.

Oh really? Well then please do tell. What are you implying?

From where I stand, it looks as if you don't really have a good counter argument, so the best you can do is make snide remarks.

You are defending a system in which someone's right to block contact with another person is stripped away. What you or I or anyone else regards as an acceptable reason to do this is irrelevant. If someone wants to block contact from another person, then they should be able to.

How about you tell us all why account wide ignore is so bad. And if it's no big deal as you suggest them what's wrong with keeping it in place? I can go on all day about the benifits of it. Let's hear about how it's bad for 3dx. I'm interested to know.

You are defending a system in which someone's right to block contact with another person is stripped away. What you or I or anyone else regards as an acceptable reason to do this is irrelevant. If someone wants to block contact from another person, then they should be able to.

How about you tell us all why account wide ignore is so bad. And if it's no big deal as you suggest them what's wrong with keeping it in place? I can go on all day about the benifits of it. Let's hear about how it's bad for 3dx. I'm interested to know.

Really? Seriously? 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/?p=293836

Please read what I wrote the yesterday, where I acknowledge that there are some people who have been seriously harassed. And where I also explain why, in my opinion, I think the value of the account-wide ignore function is exaggerated. I never said it was bad. I never said that there was anything wrong with leaving it in place. Those are all words that you are trying to put in my mouth. 

You think that people should be allowed to block someone if they want to? Great! We agree.

You think that having to do it one avi at a time is a major inconvenience? Well, sorry, but I disagree. 

I don't care whether you agree with me or not. I am not trying to convince you to think like I do. I merely expressed my opinion. So take your snide remarks and go cool your head until you can discuss this issue like an adult.  

Edited by Sage Stoner

This is getting ridiculous, youre making things up now and you need to settle.

Some dont(including myself) believe its a big deal, and thats ok, you must realise the world doesnt revolve around yourself and others have the right to their opinion, just as you do for yours, but attacking someone for that is childish.

Look, I counted last night my ignore list, and it has 44 people on it, and everyone on that list is permanent, I never change or remove anyone from it. I dont ike drama myself, but Ive been around long enough to know how to deal with it.

As an observation, throughout the history of these forums and game, most if not all the drama has been caused by Pandora and another hack, and the game will be much better off with these being nullified.

It's funny how some people who say Pandora causes the problems have also in the past said that it is not alts that cause the problems, it is the people that use them.

Most of the problems that arose from Pandora was from information on people who used alts for the wrong reasons, lied to people, hid things they were doing.

Some other problems where were people got information and miss read what it meant, ie, a female having a male alt must be a male in real life, even if that male alt showed no signs of any use in game.

So the problems all stem from the way some, which is quite a lot actually, use their alts.

There are some good reasons why people want to keep their alts secret, but not many, there are however many more bad reasons.

I am one person that had a particular person in these forums continually throwing up I must be a male in real life, because Pandora had shown him I had a male alt,

Even though that male alt had no gifts, no friends, no profile and had not been seen in game by anyone.

For me it was not really a problem, people who know me know the truth, but for others I would say it was when they had the same thing happen to them.

These people have had a legitimate complaint and have likely been some of the people who have complained to Gizmo about it.

Others how ever have complained because they have been found out to be doing the wrong thing, and there have been a lot of them.

They have come in these forums complaining about Pandora and suggesting something needs to be done about it.

When really the problem there has not been Pandora, it has been themselves and the way they have conducted themselves in the game.

They have not had enough respect for the people they interact with in the game.

Those people can also be blamed for the innocent that have been effected by Pandora, if they did not do what they do then no one would have suspected or cared enough to look into anyone.

Pandora would not even exist if it was not for these people.

So to all those people that have said it is not alts that is the problem, it is the people that miss use them, the same in a certain way goes for Pandora.

It is not Pandora that is the problem, it is the way people miss use alts that is the problem.

Really? Seriously? 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/?p=293836

Please read what I wrote the yesterday, where I acknowledge that there are some people who have been seriously harassed. And where I also explain why, in my opinion, I think the value of the account-wide ignore function is exaggerated. I never said it was bad. I never said that there was anything wrong with leaving it in place. Those are all words that you are trying to put in my mouth. 

You think that people should be allowed to block someone if they want to? Great! We agree.

You think that having to do it one avi at a time is a major inconvenience? Well, sorry, but I disagree. 

I don't care whether you agree with me or not. I am not trying to convince you to think like I do. I merely expressed my opinion. So take your snide remarks and go cool your head until you can discuss this issue like an adult.

And yesterday I also replied to that explaining... avi ignore is not even an ignore. The person can just make another avi and keep up the harassment. Making a new account is possible but it's a good deterrant... especially if they are found out again and you also ignore that account. Then they have to buy another one. Eventually they will give up.

Under the proposed system, not only is ignore useless, but it will actually make harassment much easier. Tho I could be wrong because nothing official has been stated. I guess we will see what they come up with. I also stated that yesterday as well.

If I took anything you said the wrong way then I do apologize. You did suggest that the need for account wide ignore was exaggerated. I think it's working quite well. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Guest Stefia

It's funny how some people who say Pandora causes the problems have also in the past said that it is not alts that cause the problems, it is the people that use them.

Most of the problems that arose from Pandora was from information on people who used alts for the wrong reasons, lied to people, hid things they were doing.

Some other problems where were people got information and miss read what it meant, ie, a female having a male alt must be a male in real life, even if that male alt showed no signs of any use in game.

So the problems all stem from the way some, which is quite a lot actually, use their alts.

There are some good reasons why people want to keep their alts secret, but not many, there are however many more bad reasons.

I am one person that had a particular person in these forums continually throwing up I must be a male in real life, because Pandora had shown him I had a male alt,

Even though that male alt had no gifts, no friends, no profile and had not been seen in game by anyone.

For me it was not really a problem, people who know me know the truth, but for others I would say it was when they had the same thing happen to them.

These people have had a legitimate complaint and have likely been some of the people who have complained to Gizmo about it.

Others how ever have complained because they have been found out to be doing the wrong thing, and there have been a lot of them.

They have come in these forums complaining about Pandora and suggesting something needs to be done about it.

When really the problem there has not been Pandora, it has been themselves and the way they have conducted themselves in the game.

They have not had enough respect for the people they interact with in the game.

Those people can also be blamed for the innocent that have been effected by Pandora, if they did not do what they do then no one would have suspected or cared enough to look into anyone.

Pandora would not even exist if it was not for these people.

So to all those people that have said it is not alts that is the problem, it is the people that miss use them, the same in a certain way goes for Pandora.

It is not Pandora that is the problem, it is the way people miss use alts that is the problem.

I cant say better, its the reason have do people more and more use pandora system, live one time to be use or see one of your best friend be use and stop the game you take care after. After im agree on people have use bad pandora we cant hide too some use for bad reasons specially your alt man you precise is empty of friend and gifts, havent a reason to send a drama you are a man you dont use these alt in game. And even you have an alt man your BF or GF (i dont know your sexuality) you dont hide these alt, you are in the 'good" category, and the last your BF/GF want be sure you do 10 min a vocal and its resolve.

One moment it's suffisant to say people hide alts and fight for these have nothing to hide are honest... you hide something to a friend or a love, you arent honest its simple. You consider it's a game and open a love relation, do believe someone it's a true love and behind you use alts hide? Where is the honest mind.... If you are honest you put on your profile you are here for a sex game no love no friend and do the animal and let people have other rules and do other in these game quiet. it's a little bit like a roleplayer say nothing and play with the 'friend" he or she does, and add 2 other roleplayers to use players like bots in their little roleplay....

This is getting ridiculous, youre making things up now and you need to settle.

Some dont(including myself) believe its a big deal, and thats ok, you must realise the world doesnt revolve around yourself and others have the right to their opinion, just as you do for yours, but attacking someone for that is childish.

Look, I counted last night my ignore list, and it has 44 people on it, and everyone on that list is permanent, I never change or remove anyone from it. I dont ike drama myself, but Ive been around long enough to know how to deal with it.

As an observation, throughout the history of these forums and game, most if not all the drama has been caused by Pandora and another hack, and the game will be much better off with these being nullified.

I'm trying to see in that post where I attacked anyone or where I said the world revolved around me.

Here's the thing... we all went through this close to 3 years ago and the devs should remember the backlash from removing account wide ignore the 1st time. I can assure you it was more than a few people who were upset about it. :)

Depending on how this is implemented, the need for people to make more accounts to harass will differ.

With the account wide iggy not being there it will likely mean they can replace having 2 extra accounts with just the one account they already have, and that is if the iggy carries through to any alts made in that same slot.

If alts are granted a new id each time one is made, then it is likely the iggy will not carry through, if that is the case then it becomes far worse.

For instance, someone mentioned in here that a person had 21 accounts to harass them, well if the iggy is not carried through,  they would then only need the one account, and just keep making new alts.

Yes it cost 10k to create an alt, but for many that is no bother.

Where as for a lot of these same people creating a new account would not even be considered,  simply clicking their mouse in game to create a new alt just because they have got angry with someone is far to easy to do.

And yes... maybe I am a bit more vocal than some others. I am the type of person who stands up for what I believe in.

What's weird to me is that there seems to be an actual argument over whether or not we should have account wide ignore. Some are a bit more passive about it but some have even state that they would be happy to see account wide ignore gone. I would just like a logical reason as to why these people don't like it. Having the opinion that it is not working is not a good reason to get rid of it.

For many of these cases I know the exact reasons why people want it gone. One is so they won't have to pay so much to play 3dx. I would just like to hear a real logical reason why it should be removed.

Well, if you are one of those people who is constantly trolled by others and will now need to block in multiples of three, then you have my sincere condolences. But I stand by my very logical argument that losing the account-wide ignore function will not have much of an impact on the vast majority of players, which to me is a clear indication that both the problem of players who harass and troll constantly as well as the value of the account-wide ignore function are exaggerated. 

No, actually, it is not a straw man at all. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man, a straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. I did not refute anything that was not already present in JessicaX's post. 

Moreover, simply because you do not agree with me does not mean that my argument is illogical.

It's not a question of disagreeing with you, It is erroneous reasoning. That indeed is a Straw Man. 

Simple math shows you that with three profiles per account, banning one still leaves 66.3% still available for ignore evasion. Whereas an account ban is 100% effective. Even with a feature, that makes it impossible to to simply delete an alt and create a new one that can't evade that iggy, abuse will still occur.  Evidence of this is observable in other worlds that use this feature.

Furthermore, as a world grows in population the incidents will statistically increase. These numbers then increase with every account opened with another three profiles.  Instead of dealing with two iggies - one for each account, that number now increases to six. A common tactic employed by griefers or the jilted is to use two computers. one for observing the whereabouts of the target, then launching another alt after one has been iggied.

This individual profile iggy system has been in use for nearly 10 years in other worlds. Anyone with an extensive list of friends and has hosted extensive events over years would see all the ways this system can be abused, has been abused and currently still is abused. Situations that can rise to the level of where World Ops investigate.

Even with sanctions in A ROC that stipulates ignore evasion is a bankable offense , offense still occur daily.

Guest Stefia

And yes... maybe I am a bit more vocal than some others. I am the type of person who stands up for what I believe in.

What's weird to me is that there seems to be an actual argument over whether or not we should have account wide ignore. Some are a bit more passive about it but some have even state that they would be happy to see account wide ignore gone. I would just like a logical reason as to why these people don't like it. Having the opinion that it is not working is not a good reason to get rid of it.

For many of these cases I know the exact reasons why people want it gone. One is so they won't have to pay so much to play 3dx. I would just like to hear a real logical reason why it should be removed.

Usually the reason its because the person they want havent their rules, most hide them because they want absolutely a girl/ boy dont do free sex, or dont do roleplay, or is just in a friend relation. it's more easy for them to use an alt and use all they know on these person to charm him/ her and use with their alt, and near to continue play with their main caracter. All will be resolve fast if each respected the profile of the others. people come for a sex game havent to consider all come fro these, if you come for a sex game play with people come for these. if you come for roleplay play with roleplayer, if you do social join groups do social game its simple... i listen to much oo i must lie and hide because i dont find... it's more easy to hide and lie behind a computer in their head... For my part i see someone destroy to have been use.

also during people think like these they will continue to hide and do all to hide them... But they dont see they play with people. Warning i talk of a cathegory think like these, i dont focus on someone have write before me, for my part i use pandora when it smell, im exclu with my wife, i dont chase people for sex and i say no for people chase me. But ive see situation of false friends was here to catch a friend of me or justify they are guenine or true people to manipulate friends i had and use me to be presented.

The problem come from these category of player who use all to catch a maximal of people even they arent in their trip. Each have their vue on how they consider 3DX and why they connect in, all could be resolve if each respected the rules of other, but sincerely i dont believe in.

There have been several people come in these forums complaining about the account wide iggy.

One I remember was a guy complaining that he had a friend put one of his avis on iggy and it meant his other avi was also put on iggy to that same person.

He couldn't understand, saying he could see why he was put on iggy with that one alt, he was a bad guy with that one, but was good to that person on his other avi and why should it be put on iggy to.

That is how much some people look at 3DXChat as just being a game, they think they can do as they want with different characters in the game and they themselves should not be held accountable for the problems they cause.

Even with sanctions in A ROC that stipulates ignore evasion is a bankable offense , offense still occur daily.

Dude, you might be a very intelligent person when you communicate in your native language, but very clearly you are not able to properly understand what I have written or to properly express what you mean in English.  Feel free to have the last word and pardon me if I don't respond to you anymore.