3DXChat Community

3dx Update

hotmaya

29 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

mp3 Ogg or something else?

Icecast + Liquidsopa on Linux server for me

Maybe if you want to solve your problem, you have to be more specific. 

And open a new topic to be more visible. ;)

traktor streams in ogg

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

I warn everyone that any attempt to insult my team will be punished. I reserve the right to defend the entire 3DXChat team and take action against any account here. I ask everyone to respect the hard work of others. I appeal to all those who allow themselves to make insulting statements about the development team. No one is forcing you to play our game. You came here yourself, so be polite or leave.

I didn't insult your team, I was commenting on the perceived quality of the update which I know has disappointed a lot of players. Take action against me by all means, but that won't change the negative views that have been openly spoken about in the game.

other things to note in world builder:

* the corner snap tool doesn't work on new objects. the guide tool displays at a random point.

* you can no longer change the texture of a group of items with one click, every single piece in that group now needs to be changed individually.

* the snap step distance cannot be changed from its original setting. you can input a new number, but the program doesn't register the change.

all of these things were broken in the beta, and I've seen them reported. they are still broken.

they may seem like minor things, but they increase the busy work by a heck of a lot.

Edited by sams

9 minutes ago, sams said:

other things to note in world builder:

* the corner snap tool doesn't work on new objects. the guide tool displays at a random point.

* you can no longer change the texture of a group of items with one click, every single piece in that group now needs to be changed individually.

* the snap step distance cannot be changed from its original setting. you can input a new number, but the program doesn't register the change.

all of these things were broken in the beta, and I've seen them reported. they are still broken.

they may seem like minor things, but they increase the busy work by a heck of a lot.

For any builder, those ain't minor but major issue :x

Edited by Torax

The trouble is the Beta was left open for so long that alot of players have been playing that. This new Update is just making the Beta Official, so no nothing new from that.

From the Hype from the Dev Team it sounded as if there was alot more new content. Im sure they worked hard and are proud of what they have done.

For example, you cant release a New song unofficially for months and months and then expect everyone to be excited about it when they have already listened to it dozens of times already. Just doesnt work like that.

I guess the blame can mostly be put on players for imagining more new content other than what was in tha Beta, poses etc, all these animations that are being shown on official discord Server, people are wanting that material and thought it was going to be part of this Update. Wrong.

Now to fix all the new bugs i guess, any old ones on the list like i read in a Dev post? 

Maybe the Dev Team get some Negative criticism becuase of the years and years and years of bugs they refuse to fix. Add to that maybe new ones we will keep. 

Getting praise for hard work is always nice and what most people want but also taking negative comments when they are factual and warranted, without being personal attacks are part of being a business. Threatening customers for having a veiw on an Update and then making it to be personal attacks is not on. Track records play a large part in peoples opinions and 3DX Track record for fixing bugs is, well, obvious.

Congratz on the work done and to the Dev Team, for what it is its a great addition to the Game, people expect alot because the believe you can all do it...Bug fixes please.....these words seem to mean nothing though..sigh.

Have soopa funs peeps and try to enjoy your vapes and chips :D

8 minutes ago, Alliehotass said:

The fact that this is the first time i did not anxiously wait to get in and play the second it was up and running after a new update says it all to me.  it`s become meeh, i got things to do, i`ll pop in later.

4 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

The trouble is the Beta was left open for so long that alot of players have been playing that. This new Update is just making the Beta Official, so no nothing new from that.

From the Hype from the Dev Team it sounded as if there was alot more new content. Im sure they worked hard and are proud of what they have done.

For example, you cant release a New song unofficially for months and months and then expect everyone to be excited about it when they have already listened to it dozens of times already. Just doesnt work like that.

I guess the blame can mostly be put on players for imagining more new content other than what was in tha Beta, poses etc, all these animations that are being shown on official discord Server, people are wanting that material and thought it was going to be part of this Update. Wrong.

Now to fix all the new bugs i guess, any old ones on the list like i read in a Dev post? 

Maybe the Dev Team get some Negative criticism becuase of the years and years and years of bugs they refuse to fix. Add to that maybe new ones we will keep. 

Getting praise for hard work is always nice and what most people want but also taking negative comments when they are factual and warranted, without being personal attacks are part of being a business. Threatening customers for having a veiw on an Update and then making it to be personal attacks is not on. Track records play a large part in peoples opinions and 3DX Track record for fixing bugs is, well, obvious.

Congratz on the work done and to the Dev Team, for what it is its a great addition to the Game, people expect alot because the believe you can all do it...Bug fixes please.....these words seem to mean nothing though..sigh.

me:

tbodgyxlu4011.jpg

I reported many bugs in the beta editor before ... and yes there are still some.

For many of them is a possible workaround, because often the builders only renovate old rooms from the old version. :

1 : mark all objects in a room
2 : do a "save selected objects"
3 open the standard room of 3 dx and "clear all probs"
4 : merge you're old saved object back in the room and save the room

For me many of the marked problems are gone after that.

Hope for a feedback ;)

15 minutes ago, Jannick said:

I reported many bugs in the beta editor before ... and yes there are still some.

For many of them is a possible workaround, because often the builders only renovate old rooms from the old version. :

1 : mark all objects in a room
2 : do a "save selected objects"
3 open the standard room of 3 dx and "clear all probs"
4 : merge you're old saved object back in the room and save the room

For me many of the marked problems are gone after that.

Hope for a feedback ;)

That's fine. They still need to fix it

26 minutes ago, Torax said:

once you enter the number, then hit enter on the numpad, for me it works.

Yes this works with the snap step and snap angel settings. Ty Torax. crazy.... but undo is still not working and the other bugs. They definitely have to fix this.

Pointing problem is not insult. I'm game developer as well and I know that sometimes update is awesome, sometimes team should know that they fucked up. Just like I fucked up my last game, but I know how to fix it and learned how to not repeat my own mistakes.

And 3Dx is not exception: new material system, face morpher, entire system for accesories: they were real game changers! But this update? It's real disappointment. 9 months of waiting and... What?
- Updating Unity to 2021: it had to be done and it's takes "some" time. I know, been there, done that... But for random player, nothing had changed
- Sending money: ok, nice thing
- "Open own store" - let's be honest: it's just automated sending money and few, pretty simple - for 3Dx standards - animations. Buying stuff was in the game, drinking and carrying things was to. It's just some new objects with "send money" script attached to it.
- Socks - um... It was in game already as well. But named Stockings and they were restricted to woman. And I guess, that also could be reason, why socks are only for man. And I really don't know why they weren't just simply copy-pasted for woman as well
- Remastered clothes... Precisely 4 or 5 of them...
So what we were waiting for 9 months?

I wouldn't complain if it would be released after... 3 months or so. But we were waiting 9 months.
I also wouldn't complain if this Update will remaster most, or at least about half of clothes to new system... Yet, after year we have single male pants with this system, single bra and 0 collars, 0 glasses or masks, 0 bracelets... 
And remember: it's subscription based game. 50$-120$ per year, deppends on subscription form. Single payment 60$ is standard for AAA game right now. 
If you can't do more in 9 months, then maybe you really should employ someone new? Even some guy with little expirience, who will manualy change all clothes to new system? And I'm realy corious how big development team is... If one person or 2 but bussy on many things: then I even can understand why this update looks like... If bigger, then I would be even more disappointment. Because even single person "studio" can do more in such time. Best example is TwistedScarlett, who made Monster Girl 1,000 or Tuition Academia

23 hours ago, DyllanD said:

What streaming service do you use.

listen2myradio

... through traktor pro

... which streams only in .ogg

... and broadcasts only on icecast.

I'll repeat, there is absolutely nothing different about my setup from what i was using in the old version.

Given icecast seems to work for others, I can only reason that they've broken the .ogg codec. 

12 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Only the new photos. Only newly uploaded photos will have improved quality. Old photos will remain unchanged.

Have you seen my posts about all the bugs you've introduced? Are you going to respond?