Jump to content
3DXChat Community

World editor: some basic things to improve user-created interactive content ♡


Recommended Posts

Hello 3dx world programming folks! 

I have some things to suggest for you to consider adding to the existing world editor that I think builders would enjoy: 

  1. Doors that open and close with a click or remotely with the push of a button or switch (see #3)
  2. Elevators that can raise and lower, also with a click or button or switch 
  3. Buttons and switches that activate doors and elevators
  4. Signs that can be typed on without the need to create letters out of 3d objects

Also, as a really cool addition, maybe some kind of logic object or tool for like, combining switches to make a combination lock or something similar? I think some builders could then craft like, stories, adventures, escape rooms, board games, and fun, interactive experiences for other players. 

Anyway, that's my idea! Thank you for considering it!

Caren

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TashaTight said:

Would also like merged object would show up selected once they're in the file so you don't have to look for them or place them up certain heights to find them.

When you open your room

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes the interaction with objects and mini games as well as objects created by the builder can be integrated into the avatard such as jewelry or shoes. as for the pose editor it is present but with mutie bug which requires a certain physics. with more adaptive tools

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 1:57 PM, Caren said:

Hello 3dx world programming folks! 

I have some things to suggest for you to consider adding to the existing world editor that I think builders would enjoy: 

  1. Doors that open and close with a click or remotely with the push of a button or switch (see #3)
  2. Elevators that can raise and lower, also with a click or button or switch 
  3. Buttons and switches that activate doors and elevators
  4. Signs that can be typed on without the need to create letters out of 3d objects

Also, as a really cool addition, maybe some kind of logic object or tool for like, combining switches to make a combination lock or something similar? I think some builders could then craft like, stories, adventures, escape rooms, board games, and fun, interactive experiences for other players. 

Anyway, that's my idea! Thank you for considering it!

Caren

a small correction do it, 2 marker for each building stone.. collision or not collison and switchable hidden, not hidden.

The programmer should learn a little math, boolean building blocks is the way to improve building blocks and save a lot of building blocks on building.

this game has so many open construction sites: you cannot call up the provider's profile on the list of open spaces, you cannot copy external profiles in order to translate them, instead you get the pose ..: i lost my cellphone, the most senseless pose i ever seen.

... and the worst, there are only panic updates when the number of users drops and the income is no longer correct


btw. You can recognize a good game by the fact that the owner dares to go inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rainer Unsinn said:

a small correction do it, 2 marker for each building stone.. collision or not collison and switchable hidden, not hidden.

The programmer should learn a little math, boolean building blocks is the way to improve building blocks and save a lot of building blocks on building.

this game has so many open construction sites: you cannot call up the provider's profile on the list of open spaces, you cannot copy external profiles in order to translate them, instead you get the pose ..: i lost my cellphone, the most senseless pose i ever seen.

... and the worst, there are only panic updates when the number of users drops and the income is no longer correct


btw. You can recognize a good game by the fact that the owner dares to go inside.

Guessing they probably spend more their time running the engines than getting involved, like with all ideas sometimes start with a passion or a love for something. Then once you realize it you're spending more time on the other aspects than it itselfs. Seen Lisa in 3dxchat was briefly but she has been inside, not sure I run into Gizmo inside personally but guessing people probably seen him too.

I get some your critique and kinda agree to some degree on some the points, things like cellphone animations seems to be popular with some, personally I kinda think if you do animation like that you should at least put in the cellphone prop. So your not just talking in the with something in the air, but I imagine some kinda of programing is require for that looking at how wonky it is in cyberpunk 2077 and items sometimes hand floating in air after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TashaTight said:

I get some your critique and kinda agree to some degree on some the points, things like cellphone animations seems to be popular with some, personally I kinda think if you do animation like that you should at least put in the cellphone prop. So your not just talking in the with something in the air, but I imagine some kinda of programing is require for that looking at how wonky it is in cyberpunk 2077 and items sometimes hand floating in air after.

I guess they just downloaded the cellphone animation (for free) on the Mixamo site (like many of the other SFW animations). There is no cell phone included in the pose, so we don't have a phone in 3DXC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I guess they just downloaded the cellphone animation (for free) on the Mixamo site (like many of the other SFW animations). There is no cell phone included in the pose, so we don't have a phone in 3DXC.

They could create this 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

yes, they could 😝

All required is courage and passion which rare in 3dx Dev😁. on my friend had suggested that they had create game engine on wrong way and that is the reason we can't insert images like other games so does fonts.i think he might be true as he himself is an artist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 6:20 AM, TashaTight said:

Would also like merged object would show up selected once they're in the file so you don't have to look for them or place them up certain heights to find them.

A menu button that lets you see the actual hierarchy of scene objects would be great, maybe even the option to rename them.
Sub-groups would be amazing, so I could have a hallway of doors, group them all, but still be able to select only a single door group (door+knob+hinge).

Currently I have to group together dozens of objects to move an entire bedroom somewhere, knowing that when I click ungroup everything will be split into its tiny component pieces again.

So instead of just Group and Ungroup:

  • Add To Existing Group
  • Add To New Group
  • Ungroup (if selected group is in a group/parent, remove it from the group but stay grouped. else ungroup its own objects)
//The user selects a "groupToAdd", then clicks the "Add to existing group" button, then clicks the "existingGroup"
public void AddGroupToExistingGroup(ObjectGroup groupToAdd, ObjectGroup existingGroup) {
	groupToAdd.transform.SetParent(existingGroup.transform);	
}


//The user selects multiple groups, then clicks the "Add to new group" button
public void AddSelectedGroupsToNewGroup() {

//Assign selected objects to these arrays
ObjectGroup[] SelectedGroups = GetCurrentlySelectedGroups();
SingleObject[] SelectedSingles = GetCurrentlySelectedSingles();

  //Make The new group, an empty game object
ObjectGroup newGroup = Instantiate(ObjectGroupPrefab);

  //For every group, add it to the new group object
for (int i = 0; i < SelectedGroups.Length; i++) {
	SelectedGroups[i].transform.SetParent(newGroup);
}
  //For every ungrouped object, add it to the new group object
for (int j = 0; j < SelectedSingles.Length; j++) {
	SelectedSingles[i].transform.SetParent(newGroup);
}

Here's some sample code @Gizmo. Having this feature along with the ability to see and select objects from a hierarchy list would be super useful. You could even let them drag and drop objects into each other in the hierarchy list the way we do manually in Unity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Wouldn't it be great if we had (a group of) objects that moves on a given path?

E.g., I'm building the Staten Island Ferry for our New York room. The Ferry itself would be a party location where the players spawn. But it constantly moves slowly around Manhattan. Now add a dynamic skybox with a moving sun, you could open the room and set the virtual time to around sunset. And as time passes by, the sun disappears, the stars come out and the skyline of New York lits up.

This is the dream I have...

2021-03-21 09-48-51_53402.png

Edited by Diana Prince
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...