3DXChat Community

What Does Music Mean to You?

Natsumi

Hewo my fellow lewders. With E7 approaching I've been thinking a lot about how things have changed in the community. We've seen many great friends come and go. I've heard so many fantastic mixes and sets from DJs in the past 5 years and it got me thinking of how the Event Series drew people together. 

For those that don't know what the E-Series are, They were created by RobFrostwalker 3 years ago and were often shortened to be named "E" and then numbered after each one. These events were special, since they were very large and usually featured 20+ DJs. Sometimes The E-Series went for 2 days or more. They always drew a very large crowd and the DJs were all very talented. Even I got to host one of the Events known as E5 and it was also the largest one being held for 3 days! 

It has been 2 years since the last Event of the E-Series. But now I'm bringing it back and bigger than ever!! So I just have one big question for everyone...

What does Music mean to you?

The EVENTS

post-10231-0-48981000-1555835631_thumb.png

post-10231-0-31889300-1555835609_thumb.jpg

post-10231-0-25956400-1555835664_thumb.png

post-10231-0-23085400-1555835684_thumb.png

post-10231-0-65831400-1555835971_thumb.png

post-10231-0-33398500-1555836012_thumb.png

Events were made to allow DJs to play music they love for one hour, it was a showcase where groups and individual djs played together.  

An Event is a moment that is remembered, treasured and etched in our mind.

For some DJs this was their shot to stand out.

To me many did and I thank you for the wonderful memories the effort in putting the best you had then grow stronger better.

NG aka Natsumi is amazing keeping the tradition of making a place for djs to showcase the music they love.

"Music is Life.".. DJ StarrFyre

"Holy shit, I peed a little".. random people at Events

A way of life. To me, a religion. The drums and decks are my altar, my congregation is anyone who will listen.

Happy zombie Jesus day, some say the first zombie but as we all know, that’s Lazarus ;)

Not a Zombie unless they eat a brain! Hope to hear you dj again Mikey ya Dee..

StarrFyre says it best "Music Is Life." From the beginning of our lives, our first cries as babies are music to our parent's ear and out last breath will gave away to our bodies' silence in death. Everything in between is a song of dance, rage, love, hurt, dismay and joy. Music makes us dance, cry, focus, celebrate, encourage us, and at Natsumi's E7 Music is representing some lucky DJs. "Music is Life," at E7 lets live a little.   :D

Music has been part of my life, like, for ever. My Mum sang, my Dad plays guitar and we always had music playing at home. My Aunts sing. My friends in 3dxChat know I sing, some have heard me. I occassionally front a friend's band. My husband is a multi-instrumentalist (mostly keys) and composer. OMG that sounds so much like bragging but music is, as Mikey says, a life thing. Something that's so embedded in to who you are that if it is taken away you cease to be the person you are. Life is no life without music.

In 3DXChat I love the way we have DJ's presenting a hugely diverse range of music, that you get to hear stuff you never would otherwise. That can only be good, yeah.

"When words fail, Music speaks." 

These words have been the foundation of my life. Music for me as been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I still look back at my 4 year old self playing the black and white ivory keys for the very first time. Music has shaped and molded who I am as a person today. To me Music is my dearest friend who is always there when I'm sad, angry, and happy. When I need inspiration, a hug, or just something to make me feel warm. There is not a day I do not hear music. It is always with me and everyone. 

Rob made something very special when he created the E-Series. I'm happy that I've been a part of the experience with everyone to share their views and love of music with each other. I'm excited and looking forward to sharing that experience again with everyone again at E7. I'm happy to revive the E-Series and make the music experience bigger and better than ever. The Vibe Stadium was such a big hit at E5 and so I am currently building a remastered version with new amazing features. It will be unlike any event that's been seen on 3dx. Hope you all a great time in 3dx and remember...

Music is Life! 

Love, Natsumi 

For E7 I want the DJs to play what they love in music, and not what the norm wants them to play. Everyone has different taste and views of what is music. No one should be afraid to share what they love as music. Whether it be EDM, Rock, Hiphop, Classical, or even foreign. I have a friend that had become discouraged to play the music she loves because not everyone has the same view. E7 is meant to brake those barriers and bring people closer together no matter their preference. 

I can fully admit that I dislike country music, but I don't hate it. There are songs I really enjoy, but for me the genre had gone down a weird path. The E-Series isn't perfect and it does have its pros and cons. I honestly just want to give everyone in 3dx the best music experience that can be given. 

My observation of E series is it has always been more about image than the actual music. if this one focuses around just music that would be different

Image, had it been about image, my name or a group's name would have been first. The whole purpose of the look of the room was to attract attention so people could give a dj a chance. The rooms themselves were featuring things no one else was doing, using the moon as a place to fuck, names disappearing, size, actually being at the moon with and without a bridge, and a rooms that had areas for sex, dancing and relaxing. If it was about image, the name I have here would be the name I would still have in 3DX.

Image of the dj if that is what you mean, depended on them, if they did their best it showed. Not once have I ever claimed I had the best room, best sound, best dj, threaten people (something that some groups did for going to other group parties), tell other rooms to close (I did get many pms to do that, death threats too), get in the room on top war (spending 300 gold to keep mine on top) or have the best hair, instead I admitted that it was a showcase for the djs that for one hour, they had a chance to display the music they loved, to play how they wanted to play and what they wanted to play. Natsumi did that tradition in E5 and as she said it was the most successful Event series party. E4, I had neck issues and failed the last three djs, passed out.

E6 was run by a group, I co-built the room but did not run E6 or the group.

E7, I am standing by if Natsumi needs me, but that is all I am doing currently, her vision for the room is awesome. But you are right if it was only for the music it would and should be a floor and a dj table, instead i wasted my time thinking people would love to hear new music while they fuck, dance, relaxed or just hung out. I don't know any time I made a room it had to do with my ego, image or some other nonsense, I made the room as best as I could, if that bothers people don't care. I still make the rooms as best as I can. 

With E7 being

one other thing with these parties, and this time i dont just mean E series, i mean all parties on 3dx, they throw out this huge list of names and times and a schedule for this huge glob of djs right. for me personally, i usually recognize most the names, and yes i can tell time, but it most times doesnt mean much more than that to me

i dont always know what kind of music these people play or what they like, or who is going to play what

an extended topic here in forums highlighting the djs who will be playing and what they like in music leading up to the actual event would be nice !

I am planning on having each DJ that signs up to make sure they put what genre, time, and day they want to play. Once scheduling is finished, I will be posting the schedule with all the information that the audience needs to know so they don't miss getting to hear their favorite 3dx DJ play. 

I'm also hoping to have new DJs and Music lovers that aren't well known be able to share their love of music as well. This event is not being catered to just one certain group but to all of 3DX. 

so it was about image, thanks

Yes an image to those who gave a shit, like I said a floor, radio and dj stand is all one needed to make it just about music, but it would not give a dj a chance to show what they can do since this, an maybe a shock to you, is a sex game. And was even more so when the floor was made out of tables like E1 to E5. Seeing and doubting that you have made something for others than yourself I guess to you it is all about image and ego and so on and so on. But as mentioned it was a showcase where a dj did show what they had. You can twist it around and claim it was all about image and nothing to do with music, but it is far from the truth. Now i don't know what I did to piss you off (maybe I ignored your request to close an Event so people could see your room) but I doubt that. It think you just wanna look like a smart ass, so congratulations you made yourself an ass.

This and That and that and this.. let us have fun together always..with the beats and this sound here and now...feel the flow and the "BEAT" no matter where you are ..and what you are ..just dance with us here and now! 

Thank you for asking this Lady Kunoichi san "Natsumi!"....Humans will get it sooner or later on the planet " EARTH " here ...only a single tune can make us happy..or make us cry...there is no escape from music...it is just like love to me! A feeling, a connection that we see and feel at the same time ..always.. A feeling that we share again..if we are ..just simply open enough...just to dance together..again .......and again.....! Nothing can describe this what we get all with this awesome sound that makes us feel and makes us move and feel so much..again and again, it is magic for me here and there..

Music is a CONNECTION.....like it should be..it is like LOVE....just simply 

THE BEST WHAT WE HAVE

You are are a "Disk Jokey!=?" Yes, you are !!!! "Thank you so much...because we can dance right here and right now! let us feel it all here and right now !!! Music this beats ..that surrounds us forever!!!

Is it too much to ask that we only need just simply "LOVE!" ..just forever

...going on again....

• 2 weeks later...

one other thing with these parties, and this time i dont just mean E series, i mean all parties on 3dx, they throw out this huge list of names and times and a schedule for this huge glob of djs right. for me personally, i usually recognize most the names, and yes i can tell time, but it most times doesnt mean much more than that to me

i dont always know what kind of music these people play or what they like, or who is going to play what

an extended topic here in forums highlighting the djs who will be playing and what they like in music leading up to the actual event would be nice !

I agree!!  Including date and time of each DJ and the type of music they will be playing would be greatly beneficial!!