3DXChat Community

3dx Update

hotmaya

On 6/27/2023 at 3:00 AM, hotmaya said:

how long is the beta test going on ? I guess the majority still using chat 2.9 version 445.

I honestly thought we would have the update by now but over the last two weeks no bugs have been fixed on Beta, so very doubtful to soon imo. Though it would be nice if they actually used the blogs and kept us informed like they had indicated. Oh well, I guess we wait.

2 hours ago, BellaGirl said:

I'm not trying to sound rude but what is the point of the blogs if the Dev's never use them? However, thank you for giving us some helpful news Gizmo. 😀

The blogs are typically used for major update news, rather than a few bug fixes and a couple of item releases. :)

9 hours ago, Varz said:

Ahh that's good to know thank you!

Do you have any idea when update moves to live, feels as if anytime I drop in on test server there is hardly and public rooms with people there. Are there actually much testing going on there at all, if not wouldn't it be better to just release it and let people report any remaining bugs?

28 minutes ago, TashaTight said:

Do you have any idea when update moves to live, feels as if anytime I drop in on test server there is hardly and public rooms with people there. Are there actually much testing going on there at all, if not wouldn't it be better to just release it and let people report any remaining bugs?

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA just yet. But there are a few additional things being worked on in the Beta client to make sure it is working properly. So they're not just fixing bugs but a few additional things, which is a primary reason for a little longer launch time than previous Beta periods. :)

@Varz There any chance btw that you could bring it past rest the team that many use chairs up against tables, if it could be considered when making animations for the chairs. Feel like many the poses end having issues being used up against a table placement, I imagine its because when they animate the mostly just use the chair prop and maybe doesn't entirely consider how the chairs are often used in world.

7 minutes ago, TashaTight said:

@Varz There any chance btw that you could bring it past rest the team that many use chairs up against tables, if it could be considered when making animations for the chairs. Feel like many the poses end having issues being used up against a table placement, I imagine its because when they animate the mostly just use the chair prop and maybe doesn't entirely consider how the chairs are often used in world.

In what way is it having issues? Like clipping into the table or the Avatar is too low to the table side or?

8 hours ago, TashaTight said:

how we should sit on chair

vs

how people ingame using chairs for

5035.jpg

6nVt.gif

7 hours ago, Varz said:

In what way is it having issues? Like clipping into the table or the Avatar is too low to the table side or?

Mostly clipping issues with tables in front, where you see avi going into tables with portions of the animations, as you can probably see there many causing clipping amount current ones when placed against tables. I wouldn't even say on the pictures that the chairs are particularly close to the table.

Table_01.jpg

Table_02.jpg

Table_03.jpg

Table_04.jpg

Table_05.jpg

Table_06.jpg

1 hour ago, CatKatW said:

Maybe this kind of chair is not the most suitable to be too close to a table... or we need to place it a bit farther away

Yes, the room builders must add a couple that are aimed differently so this cannot happen and the person selecting the pose spot needs to use their brain a little.

1 hour ago, JenC said:

Yes, the room builders must add a couple that are aimed differently so this cannot happen and the person selecting the pose spot needs to use their brain a little.

exactly. a little common sense would tell you that an "as IRL" dining set placement is not going to work for most sex poses. 

1 hour ago, Leathium said:

I can't believe someone actually complained about clipping issues with custom rooms lmao.

I wouldn't call it complaining, just asking if it be possible to take more consideration into that chairs are often place in close proximity to tables, I don't think many really just place chairs often out in middle of empty spaces. Maybe you do in places like bedroom small seating area or sex rooms who purely have chairs for poses. But most the chairs at least non barstool aren't usually most coming fitted for most club themes at least most current models we have. Then yah maybe could are used for custom couch poses but then many of poses would also have clipping issues there.

11 hours ago, TashaTight said:

I wouldn't call it complaining, just asking if it be possible to take more consideration into that chairs are often place in close proximity to tables, I don't think many really just place chairs often out in middle of empty spaces. Maybe you do in places like bedroom small seating area or sex rooms who purely have chairs for poses. But most the chairs at least non barstool aren't usually most coming fitted for most club themes at least most current models we have. Then yah maybe could are used for custom couch poses but then many of poses would also have clipping issues there.

You know you can just like move the chairs however you want? if that is your room, like if you are so eager to pose in a chair to a dining table, you can simply go to room customization and move the chair to whatever fits your needs.. It's not even a complicated process, clearly with not much brain thinking that chair was made to make the dining table look reasonable, I wouldn't feel like doing anything else sit in there and roleplay eating a donut or something.

Edited by Leathium

13 hours ago, Leathium said:

You know you can just like move the chairs however you want? if that is your room, like if you are so eager to pose in a chair to a dining table, you can simply go to room customization and move the chair to whatever fits your needs.. It's not even a complicated process, clearly with not much brain thinking that chair was made to make the dining table look reasonable, I wouldn't feel like doing anything else sit in there and roleplay eating a donut or something.

Well ultimately I would rather all together developers focused more on making animation poses for items that have fewer poses than couches and beds, so they would have an easier time standing on their own rather than having to put 3-5 sex furniture nearby to have broad selections of poses.

As for chairs my preference all together would been that they focused more on adding poses to couple chairs over single chair, but still be nice if they would at least make a couple chair poses fit okay near a table. I am not saying they should or have to do it with every single one just a few where we didn't have clipping be nice.

ChairsCouple.jpg

18 hours ago, TashaTight said:

Well ultimately I would rather all together developers focused more on making animation poses for items that have fewer poses than couches and beds, so they would have an easier time standing on their own rather than having to put 3-5 sex furniture nearby to have broad selections of poses.

As for chairs my preference all together would been that they focused more on adding poses to couple chairs over single chair, but still be nice if they would at least make a couple chair poses fit okay near a table. I am not saying they should or have to do it with every single one just a few where we didn't have clipping be nice.

ChairsCouple.jpg

Sad fact is... until we can really using the poses in world editor , or doesn't matter how much poses they add, we still have to "squeeze" them in a correct spot, or just making a table that would fit all the poses.😭