3DXChat Community

Game and the Official site getting blocked by Kaspersky

Manilka

2 minutes ago, Alexir said:

I'm not really sure it's about Kaspersky, i think it's a more a problem about the security of 3dxchat games and site, but i make that too for the moment, and i go retry with ON antivirus in some day, for see if something change.

Even after adding my map games including 3dxchat Kaspersky keeps moaning about a dangerous link (at least here on my pc  ) !  I am not sure and will not blame 3DX but maybe it "could" be possible its something in the game or servers.........................sigh ! 

Just now, Jenny Lakeland said:

Even after adding my map games including 3dxchat Kaspersky keeps moaning about a dangerous link (at least here on my pc  ) !  I am not sure and will not blame 3DX but maybe it "could" be possible its something in the game or servers.........................sigh ! 

You know when I see how easily 3dxchat does DDOS, I end up not worrying too much about the following problems that might appear, it wouldn't even surprise me anymore :)

Just need to wait now and be patient.

3 minutes ago, Zaozen said:

I have the same problem, my antivirus Kaspersky blocks the game, deleting the .exe, and prevents me from entering the web to download the launcher.
It detects it as Trojan.Win.32.Generic

Well It doesn't delete the exe, It moves to quarantine. You can restore it back. But if you try to run again, kaspersky will move it to quarantine again

Edited by Manilka

14 minutes ago, Chouun said:

Same issue with Kaspersky. I try to repair what I can but I stuck on this:

grafik.png.81e46f6524b78cdafa1288b771a0da73.png

Anyone has an idea how to set usercontent.3dxchat.com/... on whitelist?

@Gizmo are you already working with Kaspersky on this problem? You are on their phishing database.

I have actually the same problem, the picture back only when i make security kaspersky Off, i have try to repair but i think is coming from 3dx

2 hours ago, Alexir said:

I have actually the same problem, the picture back only when i make security kaspersky Off, i have try to repair but i think is coming from 3dx

Temporary solution:

It's possible to solve the issue temporary with a "trusted application" entry. Be sure to tick the "do not scan all traffic" box.

Manage exclusions

image.png.b45c7bef690d990615095603b8cf86ab.png

The screens are slightly outdated in terms of design, but the process is still the same. Sadly, since I lack of an English interface, I had to grab them from Kaspersky. 
However, it's a confirmed workaround until the issue is officially resolved.

If needed, you can also add the "Patcher.exe" or, in case of a fresh install, the "3DXChatSetup4xx.exe".

Edited by Nevah

7 hours ago, Nevah said:

Temporary solution:

It's possible to solve the issue temporary with a "trusted application" entry. Be sure to tick the "do not scan all traffic" box.

Manage exclusions

The screens are slightly outdated in terms of design, but the process is still the same. Sadly, since I lack of an English interface, I had to grab them from Kaspersky. 

If needed, you can also add the "Patcher.exe" or, in case of a fresh install, the "3DXChatSetup4xx.exe".

this workaround isn't happening for me. I've tried everything outside of shutting off kaspersky, which I'm very hesitant to do.

@Gizmo & the crew really need to look into this asap.

7 hours ago, Nevah said:

Temporary solution:

Manage exclusions

i dunno, I do not feel confident about shutting off Kaspersky, who can guarantee me that won't exist any hidden threat that can infect my laptop while I play 3dx?

just tried installing 3dxchat.exe on another pc laptop, one that doesn't run kaspersky [or any other AV, for that matter]. it still wouldn't run. there was only a blue box with a large red exclamation point, disallowing the program to run. possibly triggered by windows defender or firewall.

so if even windows is now refusing to allow this program, obvs due to a server-side issue, then there's no point in continuing to subscribe. after all the server crashes and DDOS issues, and now this...

anyone recommend a similar game, one with a more stable platform and a support team? I was in second life for years, but frankly, have grown a little bored with it.

11 minutes ago, olivermellors said:

anyone recommend a similar game, one with a more stable platform and a support team? I was in second life for years, but frankly, have grown a little bored with it.

Anyone recommending another game in these forums will risk getting banned.  It is against the rules.

4 hours ago, olivermellors said:

banned from a forum from a game that we pay for, but are unable to use? alrighty.

Well if a single anti virus tool runs wild and block the game for you without a reason than who's fault is it? 3dxChat or Kaspersky? 

It would for sure be nice to get some feedback from the developers on this point, but some of you could also try to contact Kaspersky.

Beside this I can just recommend to uninstall 3rd party anti virus solutions (and reinstall windows to repair the damages) because they often lower your security instead of increasing it.
Anti virus is false security (snake oil) - just don't download all shit from the internet you can find and if you do, use a scan only anti virus to check it. Don't click on mail extensions without checking what you got. Update Windows and the browser you use to surf the internet as soon as possible.

This will protect you much better as the latest snake oil ^^ + your windows will become super fast again ^^

Edited by chloe

13 hours ago, Nevah said:

Temporary solution:

Manage exclusions

Thanks for sharing that!

I also ran into this issue yesterday and found out that I could actually reduce the exclusions for 3DX even a bit more.
As I don't have any English interface either here where I changed what:

Kaspersky => Cogwheel (lower left corner) => Enhanced (last left menu item) => Threats and Exclusions => Specify Trusted Applications ==> Add 3DXChat.exe with "Do not monitor application activity" settings only

Kaspersky => Cogwheel (lower left corner) => Protection (2nd left menu item) ==> Web-Anti-Virus ==> Enhanced Settings (at the bottom) ==> Configure Trusted Webpages ==> Add "http://3dxchat.com"

With those settings 3DX works again for me.

I agree with @chloe - if somebody could really be so kind and raise this with Kaspersky it would be great. I currently don't have the time for doing this at all, but would be very grateful if someone else could do and let us know the outcome...

EDIT: Didn't notice that @ColinDude did raise that already - thanks a lot for doing so!

@chloe - I don't think raising the endless discussion about snake oil or not is leading anywhere. There are good reasons for both point of views.

Edited by Babette

thanks for the heads-up @ColinDude, but still no good at my end. and yes, I've tried all the exclusions as above. I've even disabled my AV, to no avail.

I do agree with @chloe that most 3rd party AV clients are more trouble than they're worth.

but as I'd said upthread, I tried to run the 3dx client on a laptop with NO 3rd party AV, and window firewall off. this didn't connect to the gameserver either.

but obvs, some people seem to be connecting fine.

anyone else unable to connect, and could you share your experiences please? I consider myself fairly technically adroit, so this is really baffling.

1 hour ago, ColinDude said:

https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ now displays 3dxchat.com as safe. So I guess if you update the malware/virus definitions of Kaspersky (not sure if you are able to force that), all will be good again.

image.thumb.png.1f17f7d9dda11037afa2a00d92dbb839.png

Yes, I just updated the kaspersky and checked, now its working without issue. I didnt have to disable or add anything to exclusion lists. Thanks for the heads up @ColinDude

I've got the same issue with Kaspersky Internet Security & Windows defender....i'm not uninstalling my virus protection program to play a game.  The solution cannot be to tell people to uninstall or disable their virus protection.  3DX needs to do something to make their game & sites safe.  Even if it's a false positive, there is still something at 3DX is triggering it. 3DX needs to fix it. 

Telling people that the solution is to disable your virus protection is like telling people that the way to get around catching HIV is to take off the condom and pretend like you didn't know your partner has HIV....Great idea?!...WTF...So no i do not accept disabling my virus protection or working around it as an acceptable solution.  3DX needs to fix this.

Edited by Overfiend