• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:16 AM

Dear players,

If you want to become a DJ in 3DXChat then please do following steps:

1. Fill in and print out a DJ Agreement
  2. Email your Stream URL and signed DJ Agreement attached (good photo or scan) to [email protected]

Thank you for your participation!

Let's make 3DXChat better together  :wub:

hmm.... let me think over that...

/me reading the "agreement" and pretending to think over that

let me answer this way: no :D

• Shanti, chaostika, Girlie and 5 others like this

#42 KYUSS

KYUSS

Sometimes I wonder - just like my sis!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Location[Fresh|Air] Parachute Patch: initialized

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

Still out of likes Twiggy - nails it 23.0

tumblr_nwvfvvhItZ1uiekxro1_500.gif

and it seems like, that parts of your loyal, longtime, community members are more concerned, as SGD itself about possible "DaNgerS" and or "Ri$kS". But sure, hell, at the end of the day - "its your game" and your [lawyer|court bills] - Anyway - finally '[X' for close for now] - showers and quickly off on the road und bleibt mal ruhig  B)

• chaostika, Girlie, OliU and 2 others like this

#43 Jowey M

Jowey M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

It seems to me that not everyone is positive here :)

I do not worry, I will continue to make this game better for you guys!

You can help us if you want.

make this game better ???

really ???

start updating then !!!

when was last update ???

• Girlie, darkangel, Cordelia and 3 others like this

#44 Mulan

Mulan

VP of infinite infinity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

I will not be signing up either. As Achilles has pointed out, the costs are too high. I purchase all my music legally, but then there is all the streaming licences you have to pay for. Not to mention all the drama that comes with it. So many people have given a lot to this game, designing dances and outfits, DJing in public and user rooms, trying to make the game and community a better place while the game just sits and stagnates with a lack of updates and lack of support for the people who keep this game a place worth coming to. Unfortunately, a lot of those people are leaving and I can't say that I blame them.

I am an optimist, but even I am struggling to see a future in 3DX.

• Chilles, Shanti, chaostika and 4 others like this

#45 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 696 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

From music in public locations. The warning post had tons but it's been hidden. And yeah the DL button was upcoming and plans posted about it were public. Most know the site by now. To answer your question I'm not afraid as I wouldn't bother licensed or otherwise.

3DXChat has no DL button / option. You are talking about Modded DLL. We accept no responsibility for third-party modifications of our application.

• WeeaboTrashu likes this

#46 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

3DXChat has no DL button / option. You are talking about Modded DLL. We accept no responsibility for third-party modifications of our application.

You knew that already but sure thanks for letting us know that you bear no responsibility for mods made to your application. This is really good information.
  • Shanti and Cordelia like this

#47 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 696 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Endless useless Dramas of Forum Members if I dared to try to handle Dramas fair.

So seen I got as BigBonus a lot haters and costs :lol: :D

Chilles, you will not believe, but we have the same Big Bonus every day for the last few years :D

• MissD and WeeaboTrashu like this

#48 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

Chilles, you will not believe, but we have the same Big Bonus every day for the last few years :D

I know that... And for me was there never a reason to leave the other alone!

Sometimes is there are not just good news, also about bad news is it needed to talk about and find a good solution :)

• gizmo, Shanti and WeeaboTrashu like this

#49 analiza

analiza

Weatherangel :p

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

I don`t want a new DJ... I need the music back in Sin Club.. :P

• chaostika, Girlie, darkangel and 3 others like this

#50 AHT

AHT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

So from what I understand at present:

1. Presently I stream maybe an hour at a time and my current Shoutcast deal is sufficient as it falls under a "fair usage" policy as, say, doing a 70s punk playlist is me playing 70s punk for "education or criticism" purposes.

2. If I then create playlists for streaming (become a 3dx dj) where it plays for long periods of time (over 3 hours) and is looped or I take requests then I start to become a radio station. Whereupon I need licenses.

3. These licenses tend to only cover a few major labels and so I could only play their artists. If I wanted to play a band not covered under a license I'd have to seek their consent to do so. These licenses may only cover certain countries so you may need several.

4. You can write your name as Mickey Mouse and sign X and it's irrelevant as you still formed a contract - eg, offer, consideration and acceptance.

5. Ultimately it's an expensive hobby.

I think it's great that 3dx are giving people the chance to do this, it's just a pity it will cost a lot. Mind you people could group together, but then it's your responsibility to make sure somebody doesn't accidentally slip in the copy of Love Missile F1-11 they downloaded on Napster in 2002.

#51 DarrenD

DarrenD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

What I'm interested as well is how the situation is when you play music in a private/friends only place.

This would be very much like having an ordinary party in real life and as long as it is a private party, no fees should occur.
  • chaostika likes this

#52 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

So from what I understand at present:

1. Presently I stream maybe an hour at a time and my current Shoutcast deal is sufficient as it falls under a "fair usage" policy as, say, doing a 70s punk playlist is me playing 70s punk for "education or criticism" purposes.

2. If I then create playlists for streaming (become a 3dx dj) where it plays for long periods of time (over 3 hours) and is looped or I take requests then I start to become a radio station. Whereupon I need licenses.

3. These licenses tend to only cover a few major labels and so I could only play their artists. If I wanted to play a band not covered under a license I'd have to seek their consent to do so. These licenses may only cover certain countries so you may need several.

4. You can write your name as Mickey Mouse and sign X and it's irrelevant as you still formed a contract - eg, offer, consideration and acceptance.

5. Ultimately it's an expensive hobby.

I think it's great that 3dx are giving people the chance to do this, it's just a pity it will cost a lot. Mind you people could group together, but then it's your responsibility to make sure somebody doesn't accidentally slip in the copy of Love Missile F1-11 they downloaded on Napster in 2002.

Each stream who is available for an public audience is a Webcaster (Webradio) and need the associated Licenses :)

Public Room = Webcaster, Privat Room available for some friends (like for a privat Birthday) isn't a Webcaster.

You need the Licenses for your Country, in US is it ASCAP & BMI. In Germany is it GEMA & GVL etc etc.

But this Licenses are valid international, you don't need different Licenses!

A part of this Licenses are Artists and Music who is protect by the Music License Company's. For Music who isn't a part of ASCAP & BMI (ASCAP Free) you don't need a Webcaster License :)

Content of DJ streaming Services, for example a DJ Pool or Content Unlimited of Virtual DJ isn't suitable to made Radio and it also does not release the needed licenses.

To make radio with this kind of content is the same as make Radio with YouTube content because you don't have a proof of ownership.

It's really easy...

You need to have the Original Content for example of an official Music Store and for this Music Track you pay a one time copyright fee (in germany is it 12cent for each song) then you pay also two different Music Licenses.

For example in Germany if your Webcast don't earn more as 400€ monthly is it 75€ GEMA monthly + 50€ GVL all 3 months :)

• Shanti and Nikki like this

#53 AHT

AHT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

Thank you Achilles. I checked UK and I'd need PPL and PRS and annual cost is £741.

#54 oolisa

oolisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Sent and Thank You. I may stay now ^,^

• RobPathfinder likes this

#55 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

Thank you Achilles. I checked UK and I'd need PPL and PRS and annual cost is £741.

Yeah, the costs are everywhere similar...

The concept in Germany with the copyright fee is a bit tricky :(

If they would add a more easier License System who is a bit cheaper could it be possible for more people to provide a Internet Hobby Radio Station...

Maybe one day in the future they will think the same. :)

• OliU likes this

#56 Shanti

Shanti

𝔅𝔬𝔰𝔰𝑦 𝔅𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔢

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationASSylum

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

signed DJ Agreement attached (good photo or scan)

Nowadays contracts are made nul and void due to simple typos. That's also why on important matters, two original contracts, one for each party, are drafted, and signed by both !

Here, no witness of signature, a simple good photo or scan as proof, and no identity proof ? I really would love to see this defended. :lol:

And if someone is a smartiepants, they'd just sign :  Idon'tagreetothis .. what you do then ? Think it would be picked up on and not just filed away ? :lol:

• Chilles, Camden, darkangel and 2 others like this

#57 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

Nowadays contracts are made nul and void due to simple typos. That's also why on important matters, two original contracts, one for each party, are drafted, and signed by both !
Here, no witness of signature, a simple good photo or scan as proof, and no identity proof ? I really would love to see this defended. :lol:

And if someone is a smartiepants, they'd just sign :  Idon'tagreetothis .. what you do then ? Think it would be picked up on and not just filed away ? :lol:

Yup. When I send a contract electronically I need an original sent back to me. We can accept digital copies but we must have a signed original. I then sign it and send back my fully executed version keeping one for our records. It's like at any job, you sign two of the forms and they do the same. This way you walk away with a signed original.
  • Chilles, Shanti, Cordelia and 1 other like this

#58 Sammy

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBangkok, Thailand and Singapore

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

I made my own mixes and also bought tons of legally songs and share my own way.

I'm only music lover not real DJ.

Old friends here knew who am I.

Just simple question, how do I get in return?

I don't expect for money but looking for 3DX privileged in the future.

3DX is global game but some of my purchased songs were exclusively deserved like BD, DVD zone.

Please verify how to broadcast legal DJ with this game.

I'll help, Thank you.

• RobPathfinder likes this

#59 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

In the past this place was very lucky to have Chilles.

Even though I am sounding like a fangirl or have DJ'ed in his team, doesent change the fact he has taken all the hassle to background check on DJ's that wanted to play music to see if they fitted in the style the locations where having. He was making sure they 100% legit when it came to music sources, playstyle and whatnot. As I said before many people really think its so easy peezy to set up a radio station and go. But its much much more then that. Just go ask Chilles how it became a fulltime job for him almost.

So who will make sure of all that now? No offense Gizmo but picking DJ's and doing backgroundcheck is a lot more work then just signing some paper on a googledocument. Its really not that easy to say "We re not going to take responsibility"

Thats what other sites like Piratebay tried aswell by saying "Hey guys we just provide the links where you can download stuff so you cant sue us" and we all know what happened to the site owners.

I just have to smile over how little you guys take that streaming thing serious. You treat it like nothing can ever happen. Just because nothing happened so far... the internet is big and the authoritys cant be everywhere. But if they find this place by accident and you are not 100% sure that everything played here is legit and licensed. Good luck.

But then again what do I know...

All I can say is that you had all of that but instead of dealing with the core problem your game has (the modding that is) you decided to shuffle the cards and opened the Public DJing to everyone, just so everyone shuts the fuck up.

I have the impression you like to go the easy ways around problems that are popping up here. But let me tell you, finding DJ's that just shut up and play music wont solve the problem. All you ll get is more problems cause there is noone behind your back that will filter the unserious people out.

• Chilles, Shanti, Riela and 8 others like this

#60 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

^ deserves more than a like. I can't figure out how to post gifs on my phone on this forum but imagine stadium applause:
  • OliU likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dj, music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users