3DXChat Community

Want to become a DJ?

Gizmo

So from what I understand at present:

1. Presently I stream maybe an hour at a time and my current Shoutcast deal is sufficient as it falls under a "fair usage" policy as, say, doing a 70s punk playlist is me playing 70s punk for "education or criticism" purposes.

2. If I then create playlists for streaming (become a 3dx dj) where it plays for long periods of time (over 3 hours) and is looped or I take requests then I start to become a radio station. Whereupon I need licenses.

3. These licenses tend to only cover a few major labels and so I could only play their artists. If I wanted to play a band not covered under a license I'd have to seek their consent to do so. These licenses may only cover certain countries so you may need several.

4. You can write your name as Mickey Mouse and sign X and it's irrelevant as you still formed a contract - eg, offer, consideration and acceptance.

5. Ultimately it's an expensive hobby.

I think it's great that 3dx are giving people the chance to do this, it's just a pity it will cost a lot. Mind you people could group together, but then it's your responsibility to make sure somebody doesn't accidentally slip in the copy of Love Missile F1-11 they downloaded on Napster in 2002.

Each stream who is available for an public audience is a Webcaster (Webradio) and need the associated Licenses :)

Public Room = Webcaster, Privat Room available for some friends (like for a privat Birthday) isn't a Webcaster.

You need the Licenses for your Country, in US is it ASCAP & BMI. In Germany is it GEMA & GVL etc etc.

But this Licenses are valid international, you don't need different Licenses!

A part of this Licenses are Artists and Music who is protect by the Music License Company's. For Music who isn't a part of ASCAP & BMI (ASCAP Free) you don't need a Webcaster License :)

Content of DJ streaming Services, for example a DJ Pool or Content Unlimited of Virtual DJ isn't suitable to made Radio and it also does not release the needed licenses.

To make radio with this kind of content is the same as make Radio with YouTube content because you don't have a proof of ownership.

It's really easy...

You need to have the Original Content for example of an official Music Store and for this Music Track you pay a one time copyright fee (in germany is it 12cent for each song) then you pay also two different Music Licenses.

For example in Germany if your Webcast don't earn more as 400€ monthly is it 75€ GEMA monthly + 50€ GVL all 3 months :)

Thank you Achilles. I checked UK and I'd need PPL and PRS and annual cost is £741.

Yeah, the costs are everywhere similar...

The concept in Germany with the copyright fee is a bit tricky :(

If they would add a more easier License System who is a bit cheaper could it be possible for more people to provide a Internet Hobby Radio Station...

Maybe one day in the future they will think the same. :)

4. You can write your name as Mickey Mouse and sign X and it's irrelevant as you still formed a contract - eg, offer, consideration and acceptance.

signed DJ Agreement attached (good photo or scan)

Nowadays contracts are made nul and void due to simple typos. That's also why on important matters, two original contracts, one for each party, are drafted, and signed by both !

Here, no witness of signature, a simple good photo or scan as proof, and no identity proof ? I really would love to see this defended. :lol:

And if someone is a smartiepants, they'd just sign :  Idon'tagreetothis .. what you do then ? Think it would be picked up on and not just filed away ? :lol:

Nowadays contracts are made nul and void due to simple typos. That's also why on important matters, two original contracts, one for each party, are drafted, and signed by both !

Here, no witness of signature, a simple good photo or scan as proof, and no identity proof ? I really would love to see this defended. :lol:

And if someone is a smartiepants, they'd just sign :  Idon'tagreetothis .. what you do then ? Think it would be picked up on and not just filed away ? :lol:

Yup. When I send a contract electronically I need an original sent back to me. We can accept digital copies but we must have a signed original. I then sign it and send back my fully executed version keeping one for our records. It's like at any job, you sign two of the forms and they do the same. This way you walk away with a signed original.

I made my own mixes and also bought tons of legally songs and share my own way.

I'm only music lover not real DJ.

Old friends here knew who am I.

Just simple question, how do I get in return?

I don't expect for money but looking for 3DX privileged in the future.

3DX is global game but some of my purchased songs were exclusively deserved like BD, DVD zone.

Please verify how to broadcast legal DJ with this game.

I'll help, Thank you.

In the past this place was very lucky to have Chilles.

Even though I am sounding like a fangirl or have DJ'ed in his team, doesent change the fact he has taken all the hassle to background check on DJ's that wanted to play music to see if they fitted in the style the locations where having. He was making sure they 100% legit when it came to music sources, playstyle and whatnot. As I said before many people really think its so easy peezy to set up a radio station and go. But its much much more then that. Just go ask Chilles how it became a fulltime job for him almost.

So who will make sure of all that now? No offense Gizmo but picking DJ's and doing backgroundcheck is a lot more work then just signing some paper on a googledocument. Its really not that easy to say "We re not going to take responsibility"

Thats what other sites like Piratebay tried aswell by saying "Hey guys we just provide the links where you can download stuff so you cant sue us" and we all know what happened to the site owners.

I just have to smile over how little you guys take that streaming thing serious. You treat it like nothing can ever happen. Just because nothing happened so far... the internet is big and the authoritys cant be everywhere. But if they find this place by accident and you are not 100% sure that everything played here is legit and licensed. Good luck.

But then again what do I know...

All I can say is that you had all of that but instead of dealing with the core problem your game has (the modding that is) you decided to shuffle the cards and opened the Public DJing to everyone, just so everyone shuts the fuck up.

I have the impression you like to go the easy ways around problems that are popping up here. But let me tell you, finding DJ's that just shut up and play music wont solve the problem. All you ll get is more problems cause there is noone behind your back that will filter the unserious people out.

is-this-thing-on-587x387.jpg

we finally got back after our 10h roadtrip with out arguing under [each|other] and not dying drivn n flying back into this here now^^

321e36d3f558c8ac4775eee208d61a87.jpg

reading, turning music full on n rolln a funsize together with a lesbian called marie and her bi-sexual best girlfriend called jane ... and answering daddy gizmo^^ 

a314facbc437ca27016a472f73fe637b.gif

incoming_transmission_by_d_elightfullyde

meanwhile some chilli, groovy and [randow] sexy elevator

incoming high heels transmission music and sorry guyz 4 the
[old funny asus|asses commericial] to stream "it" correctly licensed free] 
c:/ contributed to the artists/theLeast.htm/
assembly-unityscript/bass.dll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBB2g_DIF4

48b01c654cf2c3ff3934b6fe206af084.gif

lol,ops sry, wrong gif hahaaaaaaaaaaaa - i swear^^  :P

tumblr_inline_o0516gY4FR1rw2rk8_540.gif

and only once n this weekend as i wrote ya - atleast from me n my side [once in ova 3 years]
and then lets ALL make 
america aeh lol, make 3dx great again - n maybe evn fukn more.cum

[powerded by parachute-records@pageTurnerS.oon]

tumblr_o18yadWMsS1uk1c13o2_500-145330984

Edited by chaostika

reading, turning music full on n rolln a funsize together with a lesbian called marie and her bi-sexual best girlfriend called jane ... and answering daddy gizmo^^

a314facbc437ca27016a472f73fe637b.gif

soon-gif.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZvweh4Qmw

4568f94270e5deb94afd7624e6c7fb20.gif

cf69b4b7596237352e1d05b5583494ff.gif

[Real DJ|3 Drama X freeCheeksNchiks@whatev0Rhook.0rs/who_knows01/deadGiftwhoreTopic/horsebeater.exe]

[N hey - Daddy|Gizzi ... wanna]

tumblr_nbu4xhxX2q1tvifcqo1_400.gif

[hurry - my.timewindow@spank-mirror_closing.inc in 24h - just sayn]

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg?id=73205886

ASCAP & BMI for one year will be $250. As many have stated one little miss spelling and non-understanding and you have the wrong license. Having Virtual DJ does not mean you have the right license, it is not for public use, it says it under legal, I am taking all the music i have not bought out of a play list and am re-reading all the itunes music contracts and fell asleep a couple of times, shit is boring as fucking hell. I mean all the fucking fine print sucks major ass. Would it not be easier for the game to just pick up the tab and all the users of the general rooms to play owned music only, no turning off the Meta? Well back to the fine print..

/me  wonders if he plays a sex game or guitar Hero 

Giz you should think about giving sex poses and clothes to us AT LEAST every months, instead of talking about music and Djs.  its becoming a DJ game in here, 

or at least give a pose where the DJ can get his cock  sucked while he spins lol, it will encourage ppl to be a DJ xD

just saying.

Well I have djed for 8 years on another site   paltalk .com and Ive heard alot of the DJ''s in here   and I hear the complaining about not being paid  and while this doesn't apply to most its usually the ones that complain the most that suck the most.    If you cant make a living at it  at the strip bar or Uncle john's wedding what makes you think 3DX is going to pay you. Step your game up and get a paying DJ gig.     Bam    Nitro telling it like it  is.  

Guest Twiggy

Nitro you really need to know what you are talking about before making a statement like "Bam, Nitro telling it like it is"

No one in here is saying they want to be paid for DJing, what they are saying is the devs should pay for the licensing instead of expecting the likes of Achilles to meet all those costs.

Achilles was supplying not only music for his own DJing but also all the music in all the public locations.

He not only paid for genuine copies of the music played he also paid for the license for it to be streamed and the server to do so.

3DXChat supplied none of that, only gave Achilles his sub for free.

What people are saying is that 3DXChat should supply that themsleves, or at least cover the cost of licensing and servers if someone else does it for them.

Not just look for another DJ to do the same and not pay a cent themselves.

Achilles was meeting a cost of over 300 euro a month to supply music for 3DXChat, that is a cost that Gizmo should have paid.

I can understand you saying that DJs should not expect to be paid in 3DXChat, but this is something entirely different.

Well I have djed for 8 years on another site paltalk .com and Ive heard alot of the DJ''s in here and I hear the complaining about not being paid and while this doesn't apply to most its usually the ones that complain the most that suck the most. If you cant make a living at it at the strip bar or Uncle john's wedding what makes you think 3DX is going to pay you. Step your game up and get a paying DJ gig. Bam Nitro telling it like it is.

Bam and here comes one "telling it like it is". When actually you are just spouting BS that you can't really back up. I believe you can buy mixes from a few here. Additionally, for many its entertainment, a mere hobby. The gist of the argument is that it is time for the game to step up and provide the means for DJing. I've done it in another game. I made tips, if I owned the stream it'd cost me nothing. Other clubs provided the means. And this is a free play game, no subs required to play.

If you read the thread you would see the costs involved in licensing in addition to library costs; in addition to stream costs. When Chilles maintained the costs, there was a process that maintained the legality of being able to stream. What Gizmo is asking is that all DJs who apply take on this cost. As oppose to getting and maintaining the proper licensing themselves. Looking at it from a community perspective this could cost thousands depending on the number of DJs. Whereas the game could easily implement the same system that existed and still hire DJs. However, this was just a CYA move to replace the abandoned (rightfully so since there were no checks and balances in place to maintain legality) system without having to pay. Also because they wanted to "try" to absolve themselves of any liability should music be downloaded illegally directly from the game. The vetting system is shit and completely laughable. I don't understand your point or maybe you are trolling...or campaigning for a spot. Which seems pretty ridiculous because all you gotta do is complete the third grade contract.

Guest Mulan

This is not just about purchasing the songs legally. That is a given. It is about paying for a licence as well to stream legally. As AHT pointed out, that is £700 a year in the UK, which is too much for a hobby. A free subscription to 3DX certainly doesn't cover that cost.

The cost would be reasonable if you were a business, where it is background music in a shop or a radio station where you can make money back by using adverts. But then I would have to speak to ad agencies, and if I make money, I will have to fill in tax returns for the profits I make from the stream. It is one big hassle which takes a fun, casual hobby and turns it into a nightmare.

The developers should do more to support with the licencing costs. I am not entirely blaming the devs, and even professional radio stations struggle to stay afloat with all the massive costs involved, most of which is going to the record companies pockets, not the artist. The entire music industry is broken with silly business models. But that is not going to change anytime soon.

So, the developers could provide a shared stream with the legal licencing for public DJs like Achilles did, and the public DJs pay for the legal music.

On a less serious note. When I go to Sin Club now, will I just hear Volbeat - Lola Montez on repeat 24/7 as Xanar signed up?  ;)

Before this type of topic started, I had little understanding of the online DJ environment and, to tell the truth, it didn't concern me a lot as I tended to either listen to my own music or, more likely, I would be watching television in parallel and have no sound at all from 3dxchat.

Thanks to topics like this, I now have a better understanding and it appears to me that the retailers of 3dxchat are effectively trying to abrogate their responsibilities by failing to provide the appropriate resources to enable the streaming that is theoretically required for their product.

Like security, it is probably another nail in the game's coffin.

Oh Mulan I think I made a mistake on the price as I added VAT when it was already included so the cost appears to be £593.

What would I do if you signed the Agreement "I do not agree"? Oh easy. So assuming you actually want to be a DJ then there would (I hope) be an email trail between you and Gizmo. "Gizmo here is my signed (chortle) Agreement with all my stream details", "Gizmo really looking forward to starting" "Gizmo my stream is up and running can't wait to hear people's reaction when I play Youth Gone Wild by Skid Row ". Probably an email from Gizmo: "Thanks Shanti you have been accepted we're looking forward to your Hard House stream". That you are providing the stream knowing the terms. That you didn't say "Gizmo please stop using my stream, I signed the agreement 'I do not agree' as a joke" when you knew he was. So I'm confident that irrespective of what you sign, or even if you sign, your actions signify acceptance. I'm just a financial adviser so no idea if I'm right. Happy for a legal person to tell me I'm wrong.

Send it in to Gizmo signed "I do not agree" and let us know if he spots it!

I was going to make a joke about one thing that would invalidate it, but you'll have to pm me in game as it's a bit Joan Rivers-esque.