3DXChat Community

Lol, it figures, the day I decide to come visit the game after being away for several months ... the sever is being DDOS'ed !

Everybody chill, this might take a while. DDOS attacks are getting harder and harder to mitigate unless you have taken precautions up-front.

The stupid thing is you don't even have to be script-kiddie much less a real black-hat to launch one -- you can buy a sophisticated, week-long, DDOS-attack-as-a-service on the so-called dark web for $150-200 in cryptocurrency.

It might be several more days up to a week before the devs sort this out. The bright side is that is this will probably motivate gizmo and team to put some DDOS mitigation in place which can't prevent it from happening again but can reduce the time it takes to get back online next time.

Good luck gizmo and team!

chirp-chirp tweet-tweet

- Robin 

19 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Let's talk about new haircuts.

unknown.png

I like 1st and 4th.

And... I may be wrong, but it's some new eyebrows, on the female avis at least? 

Maybe even face but it can be just about angle/slider. For me it looks like a second face with a nose from a first face. But maybe I just see what I want to see. Uh, I wish I could login in the game and compare it with existing faces to be sure if it's something new or old haha.

Pretty much in agreement here. 1 and 4 are my favorites. Not the most insightful of posts, but my appreciation goes to the creator.

4 minutes ago, Leathium said:

RIP quality time. 😤

That's the good of having ordered Quarantine, you ain't allowed to socialize with your family xD

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Tomorrow we hopefully find a rollback of this thread to friday morning :P

i think on monday is a real chance...

9 minutes ago, DannyAb said:

That's the good of having ordered Quarantine, you ain't allowed to socialize with your family xD

Honestly I didn't meet my family members since the whole quarantine/lockdown happened and became official.

39 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Let's talk about new haircuts.

unknown.png

I like 1st and 4th.

And... I may be wrong, but it's some new eyebrows, on the female avis at least? 

Maybe even face but it can be just about angle/slider. For me it looks like a second face with a nose from a first face. But maybe I just see what I want to see. Uh, I wish I could login in the game and compare it with existing faces to be sure if it's something new or old haha.

I've been waiting for more long and straight hair options. We have so much short curly hair right now...

1 hour ago, Lexi95 said:

Would be nice to get an update as so whats going on. No pressure as we all want it working in tip top condition but is the DDOS still on-going or something else?

We had one last night and again this morning.  Basically, they are working hard on getting it repaired.

1 minute ago, namired said:

any server news?

From what others have said probably not until tomorrow or Monday.

2 hours ago, Nektar said:

People, PLEASE! Let's try to steer this conversation in a more productive direction.

Aren't cocks the greatest?

Feel free to talk about your enthousiasm for cocks here ! In this super FRIENDLY AND VERY FUNNY THREAD WHICH IS IGNORED BY ALL !§1§1§1§1

Free cocks here !

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, robinn said:

Lol, it figures, the day I decide to come visit the game after being away for several months ... the sever is being DDOS'ed !

Everybody chill, this might take a while. DDOS attacks are getting harder and harder to mitigate unless you have taken precautions up-front.

The stupid thing is you don't even have to be script-kiddie much less a real black-hat to launch one -- you can buy a sophisticated, week-long, DDOS-attack-as-a-service on the so-called dark web for $150-200 in cryptocurrency.

It might be several more days up to a week before the devs sort this out. The bright side is that is this will probably motivate gizmo and team to put some DDOS mitigation in place which can't prevent it from happening again but can reduce the time it takes to get back online next time.

Good luck gizmo and team!

chirp-chirp tweet-tweet

- Robin 

WELCOME BACK ROCKIN ROBIN..... TWEET TWEET..... GOOD TO SEE YOU MY FRIEND.

5233678625_3ce279c017.jpg

Edited by panCDCA

1 minute ago, CardinalCopia said:

I"m so glad they continue to work on updates to the game but is now the best time to share a potential update when they could instead provide a status on the DDOS and/or an ETA of when the game will be back up.  

I agree

1 hour ago, CardinalCopia said:

I"m so glad they continue to work on updates to the game but is now the best time to share a potential update when they could instead provide a status on the DDOS and/or an ETA of when the game will be back up.  

1 hour ago, Cody said:

I agree

I think it's likely they don't know when people will be able to log on. They may have also implemented the hardening to this attack, as well. If the DDos is still ongoing, though, they may not be able to reenable access. In that case, they could work on other improvements until the time comes to disable the DDoS measures. If there's multiple developers, then they also can split between mitigation and new content.

3 minutes ago, redheadrider said:

I think it's likely they don't know when people will be able to log on. They may have also implemented the hardening to this attack, as well. If the DDos is still ongoing, though, they may not be able to reenable access. In that case, they could work on other improvements until the time comes to disable the DDoS measures. If there's multiple developers, then they also can split between mitigation and new content.

I completely understand that, but at this time people are more worried about getting the service they pay for back up vs knowing what the Dev's are working on. It's nice that they can continue to work on future updates and let us all know, but at the same time they should at least keep us informed about this attack and have maybe and ETA of when the game will be back up.