3DXChat Community

Constant connexion lost

JessieLawn

3 minutes ago, Stellania said:

Most of the issues have been going on for months now(some as far as when we switched to 64 bit) and currently, it feels like the actual servers(the core components) have been downgraded,for whatever reason,  and aren't able to cope with the load thus affecting the overall experience of the game. That's a very personal opinion .. but it sure looks like it.

Sure, they're giving out poses, dances, clothes, hairstyles and what not .. but I think focus should be pointed towards the server stability first and then you can think about releasing new features because ultimately, we can't even fully enjoy those new features currently.

Could it be that the issues that have been going on for "months" have something to do with the increase in room sizes and volume of players playing because of covid and the fact more people are playing longer and world wide the ips have been throttling data and speeds to keep the whole internet up?

It's not just 3DX having issues, there are some Steam Games and EA games I play that are having issues freezing and lagging. I think right now a lot of the problems are industry wide and a direct result of the worldwide lock down. 

Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to offer a reasonable explanation for the problems we are experiencing. And who knows how much damage was done during the attacks or how long the attacks had been tried before succeeding.

33 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

AT LEAST THIS TIME THEY KEPT US UP TO DATE. AS FOR THE ISSUES NOW.... PROFILES, MEH...

I love you Pan.. really do.

Profiles unavailable, not being able to see who sent gifts, not being able to add friends are minor issues in my book.

My main gripe currently is the kind of answers we get from the staff. The "just logoff and come back to the game and it will be fixed" type of reply.

I don't want to talk for others but .. some people, myself included on behalf of the Dangerous Divas and, A LOT of other groups .. work hard to bring entertainment to the community .. which in my point of view is the key to the success of the 3DX enterprise. So, i'm a bit surprised by a remark like that from @Lisa .. It's already bad enough we need to rejoin our rooms because we are unable to see people come in to greet them properly, then you see them walking in walls etc.. etc.. I won't enumerate the issues but .. you get what I mean. So, relogging totally in the game is definitely not an option, not for "entertainment providers" anyways.

Edited by Stellania

9 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to offer a reasonable explanation for the problems we are experiencing. And who knows how much damage was done during the attacks or how long the attacks had been tried before succeeding.

That’s pretty much the point most are trying to make. There’s rumors and stories. Because we’re not getting much information about what is going on. 

Yes, I agree we are getting Some information now. And that’s a Major Improvement. 
But, I also think the information we Are getting at the moment is lacking in clarity. 

I’m not saying they’re doing a Bad job, I’m just a little frustrated that they’re not doing Better then they are. Especially when so much of the current issues are Old ones, the profiles have been glitching for Years now. 
It would always be better for us, as customers, to know what is going on. And not be kept in the dark. 

18 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

Could it be that the issues that have been going on for "months" have something to do with the increase in room sizes and volume of players playing because of covid and the fact more people are playing longer and world wide the ips have been throttling data and speeds to keep the whole internet up?

I'm sure it has something to do with it .. but we've had A LOT of issues prior to that .. it goes way back to the 64 bits executable that was forced down our throats.

18 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

Better to be a smart ass(which your aren't btw, I value your comments) than a pain in the ass. The server disconnects, the server crashes, the lack of possibility to add friends or to view profiles were not present prior to last weekend's "events" (or not as much present anyways) .. Why I said, " it feels like the actual servers(the core components) have been downgraded"

Edited by Stellania

26 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

YOU CAN NOT PLEASE EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. PEOPLE WILL FIND REASONS TO BITCH AND MOAN EVEN WHEN THINGS ARE RUNNING AS THEY SHOULD. FOR SOME IT'S NEVER GOOD ENOUGH. I JUST LEARNED THAT LESSON MYSELF.

I agree with you, some people will bitch and complain even if things are good, but it is not related to the current situation.

Now people not really "finding" the reasons to bitch and moan. It's really a good reasons to bitch and moan nowadays. And things runs not even close to how they should be. And sure not good enough.

Same issue with me, I can wander about my own apartment with no issues, as soon as I leave my apartment I get connection lost within a minute.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software from scratch

I have allowed firewall and anti virus.

Please help and fix this problem.

1 hour ago, Stellania said:

Have you tried any of them ? Did it solve anything for you ? Sure didn't for me.

I have not needed to as I am not having any issues besides an occasional lag in a very crowded room.

1 hour ago, Stellania said:

That would not be advisable on a "business decision" side of things and would probably result in the death of 3DX or at least a very significant loss in the player base.

Perhaps not but that is what happened in the past, on several occasions, when game was down for a week or more. 

1 hour ago, Derai said:

I’m not saying they’re doing a Bad job, I’m just a little frustrated that they’re not doing Better then they are.

We have no idea what roadblocks they have hit. If you think it is frustrating for you I am sure they are more so having to deal with commentary based on speculation.

Edited by SusanLouisa

8 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

We have no idea what roadblocks they have hit. If you think it is frustrating for them I am sure they are more so having to deal with commentary based on speculation.

My point exactly. Instead of giving a half assed response, just tell us specifically what is going on. 
But nope, we get a cookie cutter response and every thread gets locked. That is frustrating. 
We as paying customers deserve a little bit more then a simple “Just turn it off and on again, see if that helps. If not, welp. Tough luck.”

2 minutes ago, Derai said:

My point exactly. Instead of giving a half assed response, just tell us specifically what is going on. 
But nope, we get a cookie cutter response and every thread gets locked. That is frustrating. 
We as paying customers deserve a little bit more then a simple “Just turn it off and on again, see if that helps. If not, welp. Tough luck.”

We did get more than that.  We have been told they are reconstructing the servers and also that they will be testing new ones.  What more do you want to know?  Which code is messed up and why?

48 minutes ago, Stellania said:

I'm sure it has something to do with it .. but we've had A LOT of issues prior to that .. it goes way back to the 64 bits executable that was forced down our throats.

Better to be a smart ass(which your aren't btw, I value your comments) than a pain in the ass. The server disconnects, the server crashes, the lack of possibility to add friends or to view profiles were not present prior to last weekend's "events" (or not as much present anyways) .. Why I said, " it feels like the actual servers(the core components) have been downgraded"

Thank you for the kind words Stella and I do value your words as well.

You say it feels like the servers have been downgraded, but also acknowledge that the vast majority of issues were not present before the attack. So, again, i point to the attack possibly doing more damage than they are telling us. Maybe the attacks hurt the servers. You have the stress from far more traffic because of Covid and then add the stress from the attacks, isp's throttling, all those things are putting massive stress on the system, SexDevil has. 

When you think how crazy the world is right now, politically, economically, spiritually, physically, we are lucky the whole internet is still functional and doing as well as it is, let alone an adult game that is on it's own and not on a platform like Steam, UPlay, Origin, Xbox, etc. 

I see why people are "complaining" and yes the loss of profiles is inconvenient and yes, the lags and issues can cause some irritability when this maybe some people's only form of escapism and socializing (of which I am not ashamed or embarrassed to say I am one) but again in the grand scheme of things we have to be thankful that it is still here when we need it. 

Anyway, I am not trying to make excuses for anything but just offering some rational reasoning as to why the problems are there. That and right now people's fuses are short so things that may not bother them as much are bothering them a lot more now.

19 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

We did get more than that.  We have been told they are reconstructing the servers and also that they will be testing new ones.  What more do you want to know?  Which code is messed up and why?

You know, you’re right. They did say that. Point conceded. 
Guess Pan said it best.

16 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

That and right now people's fuses are short so things that may not bother them as much are bothering them a lot more now.

The frustration about the game not working right is bleeding into people’s responses. I admit it’s the case for me. 

About them "giving us poses instead of fixing the game", I could guess the persons working on the code and the servers issues aren't the same as the ones making poses as it's two completely different things. It would be very unreasonable to think that they are focusing on new poses and hair instead of fixing the daily crashing servers. 🤔

19 minutes ago, ClaraLust said:

About them "giving us poses instead of fixing the game", I could guess the persons working on the code and the servers issues aren't the same as the ones making poses as it's two completely different things. It would be very unreasonable to think that they are focusing on new poses and hair instead of fixing the daily crashing servers. 🤔

I’m not sure about this. 
Sure, a lot of the recent poses are User Submissions. The work of Including them into the game, ie giving us the User Interface to use them, and making sure the game knows when to play which animation, is very much a Coding issue. 
So there IS a bit of overlap there. 
Not to mention that it appears that the entirety of the Development Team consists of a grand total of Two(2) people. So yeah...

Edited by Derai

44 minutes ago, ClaraLust said:

My point was .. If resources and "manpower" are short .. as we are led to believe .. the decision is easy. Stability over new features.

Edited by Stellania

Hey everyone... things do seem seriously broken, less stable than I have seen in a long time, unusable at times. Possibly still some issues from the ddos attack or some lingering software bugs but I am guessing its also from a big increase in server loading which is stressing the back end. (Btw I'm a software developer and have worked a bit in Unity so I now something about this stuff :).

My suggestion... I suspect that the devs are re-configuring or re-architecting the server side of the game to handle this which might take a while ... so chill while they do their work.

More complaining won't help. If they don't fix this soon they will lose subscription $ and that's probably all the motivation they need.      

🐦chirp 🐦chirp 🐦tweet 🐦tweet

- Robin

6 hours ago, robinn said:

Hey everyone... things do seem seriously broken, less stable than I have seen in a long time, unusable at times. Possibly still some issues from the ddos attack or some lingering software bugs but I am guessing its also from a big increase in server loading which is stressing the back end. (Btw I'm a software developer and have worked a bit in Unity so I now something about this stuff :).

My suggestion... I suspect that the devs are re-configuring or re-architecting the server side of the game to handle this which might take a while ... so chill while they do their work.

More complaining won't help. If they don't fix this soon they will lose subscription $ and that's probably all the motivation they need.      

🐦chirp 🐦chirp 🐦tweet 🐦tweet

- Robin

Had to for old time's sake:

They have been doing a crappy job since a long time now. Only this time it is far more obvious to everybody. They just start saying something this time trying to do some damage control, while locking THEIR  OWN THREAD, which was created by Gizmo, for people to post Server issues instead of creating new threads.

They have been lazy with pretty much everything, including fixing bugs that were present for a very long time now, and adding the long waited features they themselves teased and promised. Without any feedback whatsoever.

So now the server starts kicking the bucket, (not very surprising) they send out some damage control announcements, including some funny things like get yourself a VPN, or if profiles don't work, restart the game. 

Now I'm quite sure they are capable and amazing devs, but also it's obvious that they have been neglecting their own job for a very long time now.

Edited by Cruna

Their lack of communication / openness is the biggest pitfall.

If they could give us a timeframe, players will probably accept things more,  even when the timeframe is longer than desired.

Even a big timeframe like "we expect things to be fixed within 4 weeks" will do. Just be open about it. This is acceptable if this was a free game, but yeah, it's not.

And about the openness, please tell us more what is happening behind the scenes. Are you upgrading your servers, or are you redesigning the server side from scratch? Because if it's the latter, I can totally understand that it will take some time. And that's ok. But now, people will only speculate.

And please.... be more explicit in the release notes regarding bug fixes.

Yes, Lisa mentioned they are redoing the server architecture. But you can interpret that in MANY ways, so still a lot of room for speculation.

What's "server architecture". The technical infrastructure of the physical/virtual servers? The server SOFTWARE? I'm ASSUMING it's the software, because Lisa mentioned the word "develop". But again, assumptions.

Let's say it's the server side software. Wow, redoing that sounds a LOT of work. Isn't the least they can do, is give is that time frame? Is it days, weeks, months, ...? 

If it's months, they should consider rolling back the versions (both client/server? I don't know) a bit, because this profile bug wasn't as severe as before the DDoS attack. Or are these bugs caused by the rerouting of the traffic through CloudFlare maybe? That'll explain things. But please, inform us!

As long as the team of 3DXchat doesn't clarify things, players will keep making suggestions, keep speculating, getting more and more frustrated. At least I am.

1 minute ago, ColinDude said:

As long as the team of 3DXchat doesn't clarify things, players will keep making suggestions, keep speculating, getting more and more frustrated. At least I am.

What ever rocks your boat.

I can tell you that I attended a gathering yesterday with about 60 people in attendance. No one was getting DC'd and there was no lag. It was a wonderful event.

So you can keep getting frustrated and make demands that will go ignored or you will just accept the information you have been given.  "THEY ARE WORKING ON IT".  The reality is that is all we need to know. Since reopening they have already had a new patch. There will be more.

But if whining and stamping your foot makes you  happier then have at it.