3DXChat Community

Make the friendlist account wide

Veronique

Making friendlist account wide  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have an account wide friendlist?

• YES, you should see 2nd avas of your friends in friendlist
    • NO, 2nd avas of friends should not be shown

This is a much better system than is currently in place. I have played a number of games that are done this way and I think overall, it is much better for everyone. Some people are very good at hiding behind alts to be really obnoxious without being ignore worthy, and when they are forced into the light by having their alt openly tied to their main character, they are less likely to play that way. Not just that, but maybe having an account wide ID name attached to an account will keep people from rolling an alt and trying to seduce the person that just dumped them (happened to me a couple of times in games without this system, and I wager it happens here quite often.)

I think the best option would be the one given by uuh ... hmmm i dont remember the name . It's the option to let the choice to the ones that have more than one avatar to show them on their friend's friend list . But force them to do it ( even with an ID thing that i dont understand how it work ) will just result in a vampire hunt where people will be harassed with friend requests just to see if they are alts or not .

If they want say I'm Mr X or Ms Y , thy just heve to write it in their profile :)

Hi,

I am new here so first, hi everyone. I enjoy this game a lot so I would like to help too with my suggestions ;)

So... Like said, there is not always the perfect solution but here, there is at least one.

First, one thing that must be done is to not change the actual behavior but permit people to use a new one. Because people will simply not understand such changes. That's mandatory I think.

So... in my opinion, here is one very good solution :

When you add someone, it's from a character. So, people see you only on it and not others. BUT, if you check proper checkbox, you appear on other characters of your friends.

Suppose theses two accounts "connected" to you:
- Anna on the account "accountA"
- Brian on the account "accountA"
- Kate on the account "accountB"
- Steeve on the account "accountB"

In you friendlist, you see two type of friends written like this:
Anna
Kate (accountB)
Steeve (accountB)

Okay, so here, you know that Anna is not sharing is whole account but Kate/Steeve is.

An improvement on this should be to add the option to manage this with every friends but this should be tricky to make it smooth and user-friendly.

Also, Chloe's suggestion is cute but really, the problem here is that some people will not really appreciate this and we must respect their opinion, I think.

edit : okay, so it's just like leeloo said :D

Despite totally getting the desire for privacy sometimes, I've seen way too much abuse by others trying to hurt me and people I care about.

In the end I can't help the feeling that the lesser of two evils is for some extra transparency. So I vote yes, reluctantly.

This is a much better system than is currently in place. I have played a number of games that are done this way and I think overall, it is much better for everyone. Some people are very good at hiding behind alts to be really obnoxious without being ignore worthy, and when they are forced into the light by having their alt openly tied to their main character, they are less likely to play that way. Not just that, but maybe having an account wide ID name attached to an account will keep people from rolling an alt and trying to seduce the person that just dumped them (happened to me a couple of times in games without this system, and I wager it happens here quite often.)

Just wondering which games are similar type uses this system ? I'm not an experienced user in games of this type , but did not find this system in any game about sex .

Well, 3dxchat is the only sex game I know that allow multiple avatars on the same account and for the same subscription.

I tried a few other and it was one avatar per subscription.

I think they knew it was trouble and didn't allowed it.

Some mainstream game system like battle net from Bizzard use a single ID.

I am sure there are other, I just don't play to much online game anymore.

Guest Dj Megalon

Well, 3dxchat is the only sex game I know that allow multiple avatars on the same account and for the same subscription.

Redlightcenter also has 3 avatars per account, but not for the normal VIP need the UVIP

but better would be to have one avatar ;)

it would save the many drama here :rolleyes:

that's just fact.

Who wants to play incorrectly can indeed make a second account as you earn twice.

and these make it partly also two accounts

I am now 10 years in the social virtual world gamer.

I've been through all but the most beautiful is 3DXChat.

but even better with only one Avatar :wub:

7mwzp9dg.jpg

Guest Dj Megalon

Oh, I forgot, I'm not saying 3dxchat, it is still the baby Chat..... :D

but I love him so anyway :P

5poplsj7.jpg

I know few same games . 1 avatar on account because at the time when created these games has been a popular standard system with one avatar . Without prejudice . Those games have not had experience like here .

At this moment I am against the fact that something need change , because people have already created avatars and spent time and money . Good peoples with good motivations . 

Just wondering which games are similar type uses this system ? I'm not an experienced user in games of this type , but did not find this system in any game about sex .

Ah well, sorry. I haven't tried any other "sex" games, my experiences come from MMORPGs. All of which have communities of people who engage in relationship/erotic role play. 

It's funny how this topic goes...

I am not going to list names or anything as it against the rules.

but some of people who says no here are the people that hurt many people due to alts cheated and deceived others. :rolleyes:

notice how most of the people who also voted NO doesn't even post...

I have not seen single argument why global account ID is bad.

Only seen some " experience "

Want mine? In 18 months.. I seen weekly people hurt not because of RPers but because of mean people, all of which could be prevented by global account ID.

Some people would get second account but most can't afford it so yeah it would cut the drama and problems here by half I am certain.

Some of the things I seen here -

stalking with alts

dating 2 or 3 people with alts while being exclusive

using fuck alt while deceiving your exclusive partner who trusted them fully

making threats of suicide if their " friend " wouldn't do X while they were running on alts

faking death or large injuries while being on alts fucking randoms.

some people here admitted in chat they are here to ruin other people lives and nothing else. Because it's their idea of fun.

I seen people and I AM not kidding you with over 25 alts or 7 active accounts...

Remember not everyone have thick skin as you might have,

Some people get hurt easier, some people experienced suicide or stalking etc in real life and you have NO idea what your stupid mind game might do to their health leave them depressed or even worse. You have no idea how horrible experience losing family member, lover or close friend can be. You are worse than those 11 years old kids wishing you cancer in online games. Because at least they are kids and you are responsible adult.

admins main responsibility should be safe environment for people anythign that can save drama should be implemented and its not like your real life name gets attached to account or anything so theres no privacy concern at all.

Playing with honesty and telling your friends you got 3 caracters on the same account is the way i do, no need for adding this option in my opinion, (good for those are too paranoiac to be mindplayed, better not playing here to avoid to be hurt emotionally imo) Those didn't like me had black listed me, know i use my  2 other avi when I'm on one of them anyway .

Kinda hard to argue about this after Reila's post, but I'm still going to vote no. Purrhaps I have too much faith in humanity doing so, but I believe there's more good in it than bad.

I have not hidden behind an alt in my year and half in here, but some people seem to need that for different purposes.

Also, in my opinion, drama doesn't just walk into your life. You either create it, invite it or refuse to ignore people who love to bring it to your life.

Well i dont know if it's still the case , but when i was playing it , Chathouse 3D was allowing to have 3 avatars ( if i remember well ) and was using more or less this system . Exept that when you was starting a friendship , it wasn't a friendship with the avatars but a friendship with the account ( generally made via the forum ) . So it's not really the same thing

I can develop on my no vote.

As a roleplayer, i can play different characters and the people that knows one of them is not supposed to know the others. As i am not playing 100% of myself there. So to me, to share a uniqueID is quite the nonsense and could be annoying.

As for the players not roleplaying, the UniqueID thing is making me think that some people want to know everything about theirs friends.

I would like to remind you people that we are on a game, and if someone wants to play without having to manage 36 friends conversations because they want to try something, well why couldn't they ?

I do not believe that drama will stop because the friend list is global. If people want to decieve, they will just find another way. You can't control that and sometimes, probably because my English is not that nice, i'm thinking that this very thread is about preventing people from cheating. And we are discussing about how we should make people behave.

It would even be worse if everyone felt like they were spied every single moment they try to make friends without telling their lover / other friends etc... And there still would be cheat. They just have to wait for you to be offline. Or pretend they are AFK at home.

Since this is not real life, there is not legitimate claim to ask people to show you all their secrets. And most of us are probably not cheating with anyone.

Well i dont know if it's still the case , but when i was playing it , Chathouse 3D was allowing to have 3 avatars ( if i remember well ) and was using more or less this system . Exept that when you was starting a friendship , it wasn't a friendship with the avatars but a friendship with the account ( generally made via the forum ) . So it's not really the same thing

I know this community and there you will see zero information about your friends and theirs avis . Maybe just "about me" where players can put some information about themselves .

I vote for yes. I'm all for privacy, role playing and all that... but the 3 characters function has been abused far too many times in this game, we clearly demonstrated as a community that we aren't mature enough to have this much freedom. So yeah, make the FL account wise or put a hint on the alts, whatever works best, we just need something to be done about the issue.

I vote for yes. I'm all for privacy, role playing and all that... but the 3 characters function has been abused far too many times in this game, we clearly demonstrated as a community that we aren't mature enough to have this much freedom. So yeah, make the FL account wise or put a hint on the alts, whatever works best, we just need something to be done about the issue.

Just don't get what problem it solves that ignore(account wide) doesn't? Plus a mandatory shared friend list will give as much tools for abuse like stalking etc. If you're adding new friends on good faith, but then again if we don't everyone in here would have really short list of really close friends. Not sure exactly how that would be a beneficial development for a social game.

EDIT: Another thing for those using several accounts to avoid ignore effects, developer could look into ignore stretching to account paid through same payment account. So they follow over to those account too in majority of cases.

As I've said before... I have three characters that I play on 3Dx chat... Each one of them is a different personailty and experience for me while playing.  I don't use them to hurt people... get into relationships... or cause drama.  I always keep a small distance and don't let anyone get too close or become to attached to me, as I always have on online games... I've heard of people getting into relationships in a gender/personality/life other than the one they actually are on multiple occassions.. not thinking of the feelings of others.  I understand how that can be distressing to people and wanting to punish or shine lights on the inconsiderate people in their shadows, but this won't fix a thing.  It's easy to cancel a subscription on one email and start up another one if they're paying month to month with no one being the wiser if they were so inclined.  Cheating the system of a global "friend" ID would be slightly more complicated, but wouldn't do much good in the long run.

This is a case of the few bad eggs ruining things for the majority of decent minded people...  If a global friend ID is implemented I'd probably lose a large amount of the fun of playing my individual roles on here and would most likely stop playing this altogether... let my subscription lapse... and go back to roleplaying on forums/chats like I used too.  Though the visual style and aid that 3DxChat provides is nice... I don't really NEED it.  It's a fancy chat platform... and there are a ton of chat platforms out there that a bit less fancy but do pretty much the same thing.  So I'm voting No, obviously... because this isn't an answer to a problem humanity has experienced since the dawn of the internet.  Only you as a person, not the system in place, has the ability to rectify the situations you get yourself into. Plus... What Rochi said pretty much sums it up.

Also, in my opinion, drama doesn't just walk into your life. You either create it, invite it or refuse to ignore people who love to bring it to your life.

If you were to ignore the person that did that to you in the first place... this would be a non-issue.  If they go far enough to create another account to get around the ignore... then having an account wide friend list isn't going to fix that anyway.

That's a very frequent truth in life, I'll agree on that but I have to disagree with that kind of logic, forgive me if I took this wrong but it seems like one of those "blame the victim" logic, like saying a woman who got raped is the one to blame for wearing shorts and thight clothes or otherwise behaving in a more openly sexual way (just an analogy). Sometimes drama does come knocking on your door without you creating or inviting it, be either because of the element of surprise and bad luck or because there are some people out there who are deceptive enough not to tip off to the drama until it happens

Just don't get what problem it solves that ignore(account wide) doesn't?(1) Plus a mandatory shared friend list will give as much tools for abuse like stalking etc(2). If you're adding new friends on good faith, but then again if we don't everyone in here would have really short list of really close friends. Not sure exactly how that would be a beneficial development for a social game(3).

EDIT: Another thing for those using several accounts to avoid ignore effects, developer could look into ignore stretching to account paid through same payment account. So they follow over to those account too in majority of cases.

1 - Ignore is a wonderful function, after the drama took place and shit hit the fan. The purpose of what this poll proposes is to prevent this kind of drama from happening in the first place. Ignoring the alt drama queens after they done their crap is pretty much a no-brainer for any sane person, the point here is to prevent it even reaching that far;

2 - While I'll agree on the abuse part as there is a potential for abuse in it I'll disagree on stalking. No offense, but it doesn't seem to make much sense to me how this could be used for stalking, it actually seems like it could make stalking become less frequent since people can't hide behind alts to spy on others in their main's friend list.

3 - But that's what the friend list is no? A list of people in the game which you have the most affinity with, adding anyone else that doesn't fit this criteria seems a bit... unnecesarry? As unnecessary as having people who you only talked to once or... not at all sometimes? (This happens when friends of friends add you or vice versa). Don't take me wrong, my FL is bursting with people I never talk to daily. I'm not sure how people not having a huge FL filled with people they most of the times don't even talk to on daily basis would be harmful for the development of the game either. 

@Topic:

The idea with the hints seems like the best compromise, perhaps color the names of people alts of people who are already in your FL.