3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

Today I was reading some tales about other games and how many people happily play those games and so on. Other games, virtual worlds isn`t bad, just different.

I agree that 3dx need some changes, fixes, upgrades. Sometimes I cannot agree with some things in 3dx, but more I don`t agree with the idea that our 3dxchat need to be like sl, imvu or anycrapthing else. I love 3dx for the own path and atmosphere. 

In my opinion 3dxchat today is that stylish, independent and "must have" project for adults.

Funny how some people in these forums will often argue that Gizmo does things just to make extra money, like charge for alts, marriage and picture slots.

Then when others come in suggesting things like allowing people to open shops for clothes they make, those same people will then say how Gizmo doesn't want to add extra charges.

Yes he once said that, that all we would only ever have to pay is the sub, but he went away from that a long time ago with marriages and the excessive charges for the picture slots.

Yes we can all get these things to a certain extent with our credits we get from logging in, but others that have gone way up in the amount they have paid for picture slots, changing their alts and multiple marriages have done that by buying extra gold.

So what would be the difference with shops?

I wouldn't like to see people just let loose and adding poor quality clothes and things, but wouldn't it be easy to have it so that wouldn't happen.

Maybe have people apply to be able to have a shop, like gain a licence from Gizmo after applying for it.

Have it so those people can be paid in gold in the game and can later cash that gold in for real money.

Only people with the licences can do so.

Maybe that would open things up for a much faster growth of things like clothes and poses.

Gizmo could make a program for those licensed players to be able to add things, which could be saved and added automatically in a weekly update, so he wouldn't need to do any extra work for that content to be added once he has added that capability.

It amuses me the way some people say things like 'Gizmo will do this ....', 'Gizmo will do that .......' etc. The only people who know what Gizmo will or will not do are those people he's told and Gizmo himself. He can do what he likes with his game. However, he would be a bit foolish if he didn't take in to account any feedback he gets from his users.

Personally I think user generated content is good for the game, the big comlaints being the lack of clothes, avatar shapes, skins, poses etc. There seems to be a push towards this in the forums, and rightly so too imho. I'm sure if there were a good enough case for this then Gizmo, as the person who has most invested in the game, will consider it on its merits and if it passes muster will investigate how it can be implemented.

Funny how some people in these forums will often argue that Gizmo does things just to make extra money, like charge for alts, marriage and picture slots.

Then when others come in suggesting things like allowing people to open shops for clothes they make, those same people will then say how Gizmo doesn't want to add extra charges.

Yes he once said that, that all we would only ever have to pay is the sub, but he went away from that a long time ago with marriages and the excessive charges for the picture slots.

Yes we can all get these things to a certain extent with our credits we get from logging in, but others that have gone way up in the amount they have paid for picture slots, changing their alts and multiple marriages have done that by buying extra gold.

So what would be the difference with shops?

I wouldn't like to see people just let loose and adding poor quality clothes and things, but wouldn't it be easy to have it so that wouldn't happen.

Maybe have people apply to be able to have a shop, like gain a licence from Gizmo after applying for it.

Have it so those people can be paid in gold in the game and can later cash that gold in for real money.

Maybe that would open things up for a much faster growth of things like clothes and poses.

Gizmo could make a program for those licensed players to be able to add things, which could be saved and added automatically in a weekly update, so he wouldn't need to do any extra work for that content to be added once he has added that capability.

This is a good idea, but I saw how slow it is. Just by the forum we can see some really nice stuff from our users. Some nice poses, clothes, but it wasn`t realised. I don`t know why. In 3dx was added just that few things like a high heels, collars. Not much really. Second problem is 3dxchat is not free to play. For content creators is better to be at another place to sell their creations. Who will waste 20$ for low chance to get more than 20$/month from 3dx. Today, some creators can happily will gift their stuff to this project just because they love this place. Another "but" it is really slow or just impossible to add something to the game from user today. I just see this by our forum. Unfortunately. If something will be changed and it will be easy to add, some creators just will give it without money or shops. Maybe devs will give to creators some Gold for beer, just for respect lol

While 3dx isn`t free-to-play, it`s impossible to make this game in a way like sl or other games. Just in my opinion.

This is a good idea, but I saw how slow it is. Just by the forum we can see some really nice stuff from our users. Some nice poses, clothes, but it wasn`t realised. I don`t know why. In 3dx was added just that few things like a high heels, collars. Not much really. Second problem is 3dxchat is not free to play. For content creators is better to be at another place to sell their creations. Who will waste 20$ for low chance to get more than 20$/month from 3dx. Today, some creators can happily will gift their stuff to this project just because they love this place. Another "but" it is really slow or just impossible to add something to the game from user today. I just see this by our forum. Unfortunately. If something will be changed and it will be easy to add, some creators just will give it without money or shops. Maybe devs will give to creators some Gold for beer, just for respect lol

While 3dx isn`t free-to-play, it`s impossible to make this game in a way like sl or other games. Just in my opinion.

Not at all, it doesn't need to be like other games where they, from what I understand, let anyone make clothes and things.

If Gizmo was to let people apply to become like a sub developer, and grant like a licence to the ones he sees can produce quality goods, then the quality should remain of a good standard.

Then lets say he offers to let these sub developers set up a shop inside the game where players can go and buy clothes.

Lets say they have a dress they sell for 5k gold and sell 100 of that dress. 100 times 5k = 500k gold.

If Gizmo then has it so he will buy back that gold from those sub developers at say 50 cents per 1k, that = $250 real money for the sub developer.

Some of that will come from extra gold bought by players, some will come from the gold we get for logging in.

Not at all, it doesn't need to be like other games where they, from what I understand, let anyone make clothes and things.

If Gizmo was to let people apply to become like a sub developer, and grant like a licence to the ones he sees can produce quality goods, then the quality should remain of a good standard.

Then lets say he offers to let these sub developers set up a shop inside the game where players can go and buy clothes.

Lets say they have a dress they sell for 5k gold and sell 100 of that dress. 100 times 5k = 500k gold.

If Gizmo then has it so he will buy back that gold from those sub developers at say 50 cents per 1k, that = $250 real money for the sub developer.

Some of that will come from extra gold bought by players, some will come from the gold we get for logging in.

Question, will gizmo give this real money from free 300 gold we get everyday day? I can get items for free every day.

Question, will gizmo give this real money from free 300 gold we get everyday day? I can get items for free every day.

Yes, if we log in every day we can get around 9k each month, if he was to pay out 50 cents for each 1k and we spent every piece of gold we got on clothes from these shops it would cost him $4.50 out of the monthly sub we pay.

Maybe it could be less than that, maybe 25 cents per 1k would be enough, there would also be people buying extra gold to get items, so in my opinion it would at least balance out.

Like the picture slots he could maybe also have it so people could gift clothes and such.

I keep reading arguements against user created content and poses that revolve around 'there should only be good content.'

By who's standards does 'good' user created content enter the game?

Is there 'badly created user rooms' that should be stripped out of world sharing because they don't meet someone's or a groups pre-defined level of standards?

Who exactly determines what good and bad user created content is? You? Me? Devs?

Clothing creation is perhaps one of the most enjoyable things to do in a virtual world. Like the World Editor, a person can express themselves artistically. Just like the World Editor has provided another avenue of enjoyment for the subscriber, so to would clothing and pose editors.

Good and bad content is a matter of perception. What you may think good I may think bad.

Develop the ability to create and share content like skinning clothing meshes and you will get content. Let the individual pick what they find good to wear and a way to share it.

Create a micro economy and gain also professionals in addition to the novice, who for a small fee, dictated by what users are willing to pay, create content with professional grade skills.

Either avenue would be beneficial. No one is forcing you to buy anything. Nor is anyone forcing you to create anything - but you have chouces.

yes but pics and marriages doesnt require extra work for him. Anyone who has been here an extended amount of time knows he is fussy about what he puts in game. French touche made some nice stuff. Some was put in game and a lot wasnt. Its because they only want certain quality poses etc in the game and if said stuff doesnt match what they see as good enough, not going in.

I will also add that most of you complain gizmo doesnt do enough so what part of you thinks he is going to do even more? a few of you are upset because you felt he went the lazy way in terms of the ignore option in game but you think he is going to start creating programs for shops to streamline it??  

You seem to claim to know all of what Gizmo thinks and does, where do you get all this information from, or is it just your opinion ?

Yes I agree he seems to be avoiding any commitment to work, but if that is the case he could make this all automatic, with less work than it would take to create even a basic pose editor.

Yes some of what Frenchtouch did was not added, but how do you know why it was not, it may have been just him being to lazy to add it and nothing to do with quality.

I know that FrenchTouch sent those last lot of items and never even heard back from the devs, even she had no idea why.

Saying that some of her stuff was added and lots wasn't isn't exactly right, it was only her last lot of stuff that wasn't added, I think it was 2 animations and 1 or 2 pieces of clothing.

It was her 1st go at creating clothing for 3DXChat, maybe she used the wrong meshes, we have no idea why they were not added.

I don't think we will ever see a pose editor and if we do I think it will prove to be a big mistake.

It would only be good for very basic poses, basic sex poses mainly, as things like dance poses are almost always created using motion capture software.

If he was to release a pose editor there would be thousands of poses being created by players and I feel most of them would be of low quality.

If he was to open up the capabilities for anyone and everyone to make clothes and have them added it would be like other games where mostly they are of low quality.

For what ever reason updates are very slow to come, new content like clothes and poses have been lacking badly for years.

We can only guess why, but he does seem to be willing to make larger changes, like the room editor.

So why not what I have suggested, as if done properly could allow for a lot of new good quality content to be added.

Plus, to add the pictures in our profiles and marriages did involve work for him, how do you think they were added, he just clicked his fingers and the scripting was magically done.

If you mean that having it so what I called sub developers adding content would involve extra work for him each time things are added I suggest you read what I said again.

its strange how im always right about these things, like I can read minds or something.....   

Well I am happy for you that you think you are, but I don't see it that way.

You have no more idea than anyone else as to why things are done and not done, and the only things you have been right about everyone knows anyway, which is things will continue to be slow to come.

I remember you saying nothing will ever be done about Pandora, and also that he will never add anything decent for creating our rooms.

And that is just a couple of things I can remember where you were wrong.

This is a clear example of circular logic. You end by supporting my argement. Yes, creating custom textures is another option. Anyone can do it. And the fact you stated you have many others could use only increases that amount. Additionally, in this era of cameras on cell phones it's even easier.

And yes, there is large amounts of textures that can be used off Google. Lol I belong to several groups.

There is no risk to Devs either. Should someone use a McDonalds logo. McDonalds would have to know and care enough to bother with a take down. Which would take the Dev about 3 mins. Effort to deal with.

Your arguement is invalid.

You totally missed what I said.  You have to have expressed written permission to use them or you have to change them 99.9999999999 X Infinity when not using for personal use.  So no I didn't agree with you.  I said I would give them textures I've made, yes me not from Google or some service I pay a fee for, but my created textures with express written permission to use on here.  Ask IMVU, SL, Utherverse and other companies how much more than the 3 minutes you claim it takes to handle a Copyright claim.  So your argument is invalid.

I figured I'd include the post you were replying to.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/?p=301806

You totally missed what I said.  You have to have expressed written permission to use them or you have to change them 99.9999999999 X Infinity when not using for personal use.  So no I didn't agree with you.  I said I would give them textures I've made, yes me not from Google or some service I pay a fee for, but my created textures with express written permission to use on here.  Ask IMVU, SL, Utherverse and other companies how much more than the 3 minutes you claim it takes to handle a Copyright claim.  So your argument is invalid.

I figured I'd include the post you were replying to.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/?p=301806

Wern't you the one who tried to tell us about how difficult it is to do charge backs?

Getting textures isn't that difficult. I dunno why you are trying to even make such a silly arguement.

As for handling infringement issues, other worlds with millions of registered users have managed it for a decade or more. And no, it isn't that big a deal compared to the benefits gained.

As far as copyrights go, different countries have different levels of what can justify a different product.

Here in Australia it is 35% and I believe a lot of other countries have the same level, meaning that if anything can be proved to be more than 35% different to another product it is then legally a different product.

For example someone mentioned McDonalds as a reference to copyright.

If another food chain had a name starting with M they could create a sign just using a big M like McDonalds has, it would need to be more than 35% different in the way it is presented.

Things like shape and colour come into it, with the colour being a very important part of it.

The same goes for things like artwork, say cartoon characters, if someone has a cat and someone else creates another cat, it has to be more than 35% different in its appearance or they could be done for copyright.

How they judge the 35% I have no idea, I just know that is the figure they work on.

People are different here.

HA! what if those people already have some XGold In their cash for daily login? These Xgolds would me mixed and messed up with Xgold earned by selling outfits.

It wont be fair for gizmo to exchange these Xgolds for real money because they got some of Xgold for free.

Gizmo needs to invent new currency for that thing. And it will take time and it will create Micro Economy what is totally opposite to promises to pay Only for membership.

Also I've been told that Gizmo fired all the staff and Stopped to Hire Talented 3d designers just because Lisa went jealous. Just because Lisa went crazy that others are better than her. Lisa is Main designer here and she needs money and her madness made everyone to be fired.

This was a reason why we only have them 2 instead of lots of volunteers, moderators, designers, managers, etc.

They decided to rule the whole thing by them two selves. And lost the team.

Do not wait that gizmo or Lisa will ever give you a salary for your work here. My concept was about to design things for yourself only and keep for yourself only. And if you want to share it, use forums or "possible gift option".You wont be paid but look awesome and uniq. That was my concept i posted on previous pages of this topic.

This is possible but sounds so funny.. Because why not just add everything one time if it's ready? Why to wait and create an illusion of progress if poses and clothes already done? This thing will turn us into big fools who would think that they busy working... And it also will mess up the major updates if something important needed to be fixed.

You must care since you just wrote a novel about it but if you must know im on my alt daily in wc and everyone there knows its me. I might even be exharen, I cant remember. have way too many accounts :P  My monthly 3dx bill is like most peoples house payment. well those few here that actually own a house

Nice try however. #FakeNews #DramaQueen #imeveryonein3dxincludingjimmy

who is exharen? few times i heard that name.

yes but pics and marriages doesnt require extra work for him. Anyone who has been here an extended amount of time knows he is fussy about what he puts in game. French touche made some nice stuff. Some was put in game and a lot wasnt. Its because they only want certain quality poses etc in the game and if said stuff doesnt match what they see as good enough, not going in.

I will also add that most of you complain gizmo doesnt do enough so what part of you thinks he is going to do even more? a few of you are upset because you felt he went the lazy way in terms of the ignore option in game but you think he is going to start creating programs for shops to streamline it??  

Grumpy,

you insinuate that Gizmo compares user creations to some kind of quality standard and adds some, refuses more because of that ? I have trouble believing that... When I look at the quality of the older outfits and hairstyles, compare them with what was added recently, I don't have the feeling that for instance those latest hairstyles or t-shirts are from the same (high) quality as the first ones... but I guess you never tried those :)

Wern't you the one who tried to tell us about how difficult it is to do charge backs?  I wasn't the only one who said about, I even stated what my bank who is also based in Canada told me.

Getting textures isn't that difficult. I dunno why you are trying to even make such a silly arguement.  While it's not difficult.   It's not a silly argument.  You want to keep saying it's so easy to use but it's legally not as simple as you're making it out to be.

As for handling infringement issues, other worlds with millions of registered users have managed it for a decade or more. And no, it isn't that big a deal compared to the benefits gained.  This is a team of 2 people, not a whole team that is dedicated to handling just that.  No big deal then, go build a game, use textures from online and see what happens. ;)

As far as copyrights go, different countries have different levels of what can justify a different product.

Here in Australia it is 35% and I believe a lot of other countries have the same level, meaning that if anything can be proved to be more than 35% different to another product it is then legally a different product.

For example someone mentioned McDonalds as a reference to copyright.

If another food chain had a name starting with M they could create a sign just using a big M like McDonalds has, it would need to be more than 35% different in the way it is presented.

Things like shape and colour come into it, with the colour being a very important part of it.

The same goes for things like artwork, say cartoon characters, if someone has a cat and someone else creates another cat, it has to be more than 35% different in its appearance or they could be done for copyright.

How they judge the 35% I have no idea, I just know that is the figure they work on.

Please feel free to go through the links or contact the Copyright office to have your questions answered as I and many others over the years because of making graphics/textures over the years for various things including games like this.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=international+copyright+law+pdf&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKmOvqtuPdAhWDneAKHSeaAgcQ1QIIpgEoAA&biw=1366&bih=626

Please feel free to go through the links or contact the Copyright office to have your questions answered as I and many others over the years because of making graphics/textures over the years for various things including games like this.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=international+copyright+law+pdf&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKmOvqtuPdAhWDneAKHSeaAgcQ1QIIpgEoAA&biw=1366&bih=626

So... not only was your claim about chargebacks incorrect now you and this RobT speak for the Devs and their abilities?  :lol:

So good to know you both speak for them.

Self percieved big fish in a small pond. 

Put some respect in your mouth when you mention my name boy or i will fuck your cyber girlfriend. Although shes prob a dude so nevermind

I speak for all the working class which excludes 80 percent of you welfare recipients.

You wouldnt be so worried about fleecing people in shops here if you got off your fat ass and got a J.O.B.

I tired of this shit. Reported.

So... not only was your claim about chargebacks incorrect now you and this RobT speak for the Devs and their abilities?  :lol:  Open mouth and insert foot.  First off READ what I wrote, I said my bank that I deal with and how they handle things that I question from card purchases isn't as simple as calling in and they remove it, I and any account holder with them, have you go in and fill out a form to get the money back.  They're also based in Canada.  No where did I say what happens with someone else didn't happen.  I explained what my bank does.   Never and I mean NEVER do I EVER speak for the Devs nor will I.  Please don't put words into my mouth.

So good to know you both speak for them.  Never and I mean NEVER do I EVER speak for the Devs nor will I.  Please don't put words into my mouth.

Self percieved big fish in a small pond.   Seems to be coming from you.  It's i before e except after c. ;)