3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.0 Discussion/Suggestions

jenie

None of the players are not interested in version 2.0. Engine version 1.0 makes all of us happy.

We are interested in version 2.0 only in theory.

It will be ready after six months? After 1 year? No problems.

We pay and play version 1.0, and we need new poses, clothing, and things.

We are interested in version 1.0 - in practice.

Yah somehow feel little like i gotta say i agree somewhat, while i really like the promise of day and night cycle with V2.0 better lighting as so on, i feel like as a semi longer subscriber things start becoming doing the same thing like a routine sometimes. A lot my really old friends left which were one biggest draw for me to stay.

So guess for me when sub runs out in late december i will probably have to rethink a lot harder on if i wish to renew again, feel like for me i wish there were more fantasy play options like erotic roleplay, doctors clinic, the gym etc.. places where you could play out a fantasy. Then i feel like there to few group sex options. Plus very few sex variation for girl on Tgirl that is vaginal just to mention a few things.

I have no problem paying full subscription fee in general decision wise, but just feel like it's a lot compared to being so long since with seen new stuff that really matter to sex area the game. Which i believe suppose to make up for large part the selling point, right?

EDIT: Sorry if i come off as a hater but just thought i would voice my opinion, every time there a really asked for sex pose added i feel like its a huge topic even in game, but heard very few care to talk about V2.0 or even being remotely hyped about it in game. May just be people i run into, but still think it tells something especially if its a long development project.

Everything is very simple.

1. All theoretically agree that  is necessary to make version 2.0. New features beautiful graphics.

2. Everyone is sitting to version 1.0 and bored. Since no new poses, no new things, no new clothes. People go out of the game. They are bored and sad.

To sum up:

Developers mega urgent need to continue to support version 1.0 and creating new updates so as not to lose people. And continuing to work on a version 2.0

The urgency of version 2.0 - almost zero.

The urgency of the updates for version 1.0 - a huge

It could be that the developers are thinking of adding new features to the game and are unable due to the limitations of the current engine. 

Of course this is just speculations as we don't really know what directions they are planing to take this game.  I think many of us can agree that this 

game is in need of more game play diversity along with more content.

I'm hoping the developers work on making this game a more fulfilling experience for everyone along with making it a better looking game. 

ok here is a scenari :

They create immediately lets say 10 new poses for version 1.0 . Everyone is very happy to see them arrive . Then they work on ver 2.0 and during this time , they create 10 more poses for version 1.0 .

At a date X they announce that , due to the rework they need to do to the 20 poses to translate them from ver.1.0 to ver.2.0 , the ver 2.0 vill not be here before one or two months ( hazardous estimation as i don't know how many time it will need ) . Then some will ask them to work on more poses cause they don't want wait 2 months for new poses  , and others will ask them to work on ver.2.0 because they want see it finally .

This is an endless talking , so just let them handle their game like they want . If they think it's best to have the version 2.0 and then after this have updates coming faster ( basically it's the goal if i remember well ) try to be patient .

For myself , i wait with impatience the night option for my crypt ( i'm a vampire after all :D ) . And as said a great philosophe "there is no better world than your imagination , and if there is snow in november , it mean christmas will be in december" (Cf: Rukyaa the great philosophe) 

You forget that the animation (poses) are not made in Unity. There is no difference. Unity (all version) just import animation

And - see Unity help, page Upgrading to Unity 5.0
Lots of Unity’s features and systems have been upgraded in Unity 5, including Physics, Audio, Animation, Shaders and more.

In other words - you can do for game version 1.0 at least 10...50...100....300 poses - they will be automatically imported to Unity 5 to game version 2.0

You're talking about the problems where there are no problems at all

I think that the "dev team" is 1 part-time developer

Last I checked there were 12 or 13 of them. I know it's not ideal for the devs to keep everyone in the dark, but I assure everyone 100% that version 2.0 is very very necessary. The only reason they did the last update was to get ready for version 2.0. The last update added some new content but also fixed a lot of bugs such as the infinite blinking eye bug. Those of you that have been here the longest, you know all too well that the devs do everything this way, Yet you still complain about it. In the end though you stay because you enjoy the company you keep on here. Just have some faith. It's not cheap to develop or update anything, Adding assets is easy but it's not free, so the fact that it's included with our subscription fee is great. Yeah it's 20$ but look at this game compared to Eros Island or the like. This is what our money goes into. Soon the version 2.0 update will bring us into Unity 5 which has a lot better performance than the current Unity 4. ;)

ok here is a scenari :

They create immediately lets say 10 new poses for version 1.0 . Everyone is very happy to see them arrive . Then they work on ver 2.0 and during this time , they create 10 more poses for version 1.0 .

At a date X they announce that , due to the rework they need to do to the 20 poses to translate them from ver.1.0 to ver.2.0 , the ver 2.0 vill not be here before one or two months ( hazardous estimation as i don't know how many time it will need ) . Then some will ask them to work on more poses cause they don't want wait 2 months for new poses , and others will ask them to work on ver.2.0 because they want see it finally .

This is an endless talking , so just let them handle their game like they want . If they think it's best to have the version 2.0 and then after this have updates coming faster ( basically it's the goal if i remember well ) try to be patient .

For myself , i wait with impatience the night option for my crypt ( i'm a vampire after all :D ) . And as said a great philosophe "there is no better world than your imagination , and if there is snow in november , it mean christmas will be in december" (Cf: Rukyaa the great philosophe)

Leeloo.... I thank you so much for being that positive. I wonder how you manage to do so.

But, I can't. If the vicious circle you described exists, patience is the wrong answer. It just shows that developers or their bosses (if they have any) should immediately get it on and invest some money and get more developers to speed things up. The other option is to take the money they earned so far and close this down. There is nothing in between, coz with no caring for the fan base a social game like this is bound to die.

Last I checked there were 12 or 13 of them. I know it's not ideal for the devs to keep everyone in the dark, but I assure everyone 100% that version 2.0 is very very necessary. The only reason they did the last update was to get ready for version 2.0. The last update added some new content but also fixed a lot of bugs such as the infinite blinking eye bug. Those of you that have been here the longest, you know all too well that the devs do everything this way, Yet you still complain about it. In the end though you stay because you enjoy the company you keep on here. Just have some faith. It's not cheap to develop or update anything, Adding assets is easy but it's not free, so the fact that it's included with our subscription fee is great. Yeah it's 20$ but look at this game compared to Eros Island or the like. This is what our money goes into. Soon the version 2.0 update will bring us into Unity 5 which has a lot better performance than the current Unity 4. ;)

The only thing I really complain about is that we are completely left in the dark what's going on.

Looks good so far. I was wondering if by any means you guys can make a trial version of the game with limited features when the

new update releases? A free trial would help to attract many new players including myself. Now before you tell me to have a look

inside Juliet sex session, I already did and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Besides, a lot of things have changed since and with

unity 5 there is bound to be some serious changes in visuals. A free trial at this stage is almost essential to give

potential subscribers a nice in depth look at what they're about to get. All the other sex games in the market is offering some sort of

free trials so why can't you do the same as the rest?

I think that the "dev team" is 1 part-time developer

Regarding the fact that devs work on things nobody knows (the famous "Huge Update") or needs (hundreds of fixes for the superbad "Blinking Eye Bug"), I assume this part-time Dev is an Ex-Microsoft employee. Maybe someone should tell him/her that this isn't Windows he is working on. ....

Hello, can I ask you where did you find these informations?

Where did you check for the number of devs of the team developer and their plan?

This is very interesting.

Thank you

Nion

Please tell me you've pulled the numbers out of a hat -.- It'd be way sad if there really is was 12+ people working on this with the speed of.. anything happening here. 

This is quite the wake up call for me.  :mellow:

Hello, can I ask you where did you find these informations?

Where did you check for the number of devs of the team developer and their plan?

This is very interesting.

Thank you

Nion

The number was a hat trick, but I do in fact recall someone talking about how they (the devs) had hired some new people. (Perhaps temporary?) If I had to guess though I'd say there are about 3-5 devs at any given time. The only reason I said 12 before was because of the possible hirings they did. The dev plans however, are scattered throughout the forums and you can find bits and pieces through ashbash's posts and the stuff that lisa posts. By the way, for those of you saying there hasn't been any new information, check  Lisa's new graphics research topic, new photos have been added as of April 19th. No real info has been handed out but it's not to say that the devs aren't keeping us informed on their "progress" they just do it in a weird secluded kind of way. They had mentioned in Q&A's that they would not release a road map of their plans for 3dx. They will still keep us informed but not full disclosure. The only reason they don't set a date for release is so that they can make these updates as complete and with the fewest amount of bugs possible. It's also one less thing to worry about. (A due date) ^_^

I can pretty much assure you if there were 12 or more devs , this update would have been out by now. As far as the rest, purely conjecture at this point. You guys are always saying you want to know whats going on , well, they told you what was going on. No reason to rush something and then have even more bugs.  

I cannot wait now to be in WC because i will bet anything someone says there are 12 or more devs  and the ones who dont belong to forums are going to have a shit fit.

It's a little sad to see so much complains about something that should be exciting. Things take their time, especially if you do them thoroughly.

I'd rather wait a little longer then getting something unstable. The change to Unity 5 is necessary, not only to get better graphics, but also to be prepared for the future, be able to do incredible new things, ease the workflow and gain client performance. At some point they would have to do that anyway and I think it's better to do such things sooner then later for obvious reasons.

The work those guys do is amazing, the terms slow and fast are very relative.

There will be a beta test soon and I'm looking forward to give as much feedback as possible in order to help them to finish their job and give us the best possible experience.

For all you guys out there, enjoy your time. Have lots fun in this awesome world with all the awesome people and stop wasting your time with complains.

Every second you waste with bad thoughts is a lost moment of luck.

Best regards,

Naori

I really love how people here are saying that the new unity update will make dragons real, unicorns pours rainbows out of their asses and how magical and and good will everything be and updates be faster than light.

It really looks like that people think once the new unity rolls out the game suddenly get updated each week twice or something then I look at their join date and I see :D:lol:

I mean it could be true, and I be first one who says sorry if that's the case but I really dont believe it.

Unity is now one of easiest engines in the world, so many modern games use it because it's easy and light and perfect to work with for amateurs the lack of content in past 3 years wasn't because Unity engine. Poor coding? Lack of insight? Maybe but certainly not because of the Unity.

Some games that use Unity Engine for example are -

Hearthstone

Endless Space

Guns of Icarus

Rust

Shadowrun returns

Dreamfall - Longest Journeys

Cities - Skylines

Hand of Fate

Kerbal Space Program

Might and Magic 10

realMyst Remaster

Tesla Effect

Wasteland 2

Ziggurat

Endless Legend

Pillars of Eternity

Shadowrun Hong Kong

Ori and the Blind forest

Upcoming games - Syberia 3, New Torment.

All these games are more robust and way more complicated than 3DX chat. Some are Amateur / Indie games made by small studios.

These are all best selling games of past 3 or 4 years and over half of these are Indie and I am sure if you use steam or just have lil bit knowledge of PC gaming you heard of these games. The Engine isn't issue and never was.

Important Edit: I am not denying that next Unity will make some things easier to port, easier to roll update and so on but I what I am saying that I personally think (and many others) that issue was never in the engine but somewhere in between PC and chair.

I also think that the transition to Unity 5 (3DXChat 2.0) will not save us from the lack of new updates, new poses and new things.

We will wait for 2 months 1 pose 1 new socks - but on Unity 5 )

After spending 2 months on waiting Unity 5 )))

By the way. Already starting to talk about Unity 6))))

(Now Unity version 5.3)

Guest Twiggy

I agree 100% that the slow updates were not because of Unity, I would even go further and say that the "what I an fairly sure is only 2 devs that work on this game" do not even spend as much time as they could in development.

The poses/animations do not take as long as people seem to think, goose posted some he has done that only took 20 minutes each.

I made some myself and even with my lack of experience on that I did a few in just a couple of hours.

There may be a hold up in loading them in the game because I believe that would be Gizmos job and that may be made easier when Unity 5 is added.

But as far as creating new things I can't see that being any different.

From things I have seen in this forum, one being when Riela was asking about certain sex poses and Lisa posted a pic showing all the poses we could expect.

That pic showed what I believe to have been completed poses as they were shown with 3DXChat avis, so I would say it is a good chance they do a bunch together and then release them over time, but that is just my thoughts on it and I could be wrong.

What I feel goes on is we have 2 people that own the game do all the work on it, and they just do what is required and spend the rest of the time partying on all the money they are making.

If they had employees that would be expected to work full time on it I think we would then see much more coming through.

Having said all that the game is still good to play and can still be enjoyed the way it is.

It gets frustrating waiting for new things and seeing things that could make such a difference to the game asked for time and time again with no response.

But it is our choice whether we continue to play or not and it is up to us what we get out of it.

I am really looking forward to the new 3DXChat 2, not so much for the graphics or any new addition that will come with it, but because I can see the place being packed at least for a while.

And when there are lots of people in it just seems to have a real buzz going on.

But I don't expect things to change much after it is released, as far as updates go i think things will be pretty much the same as they have always been.

The only other thing that is worth mentioning that may make it easier for the devs in getting things done a little faster, is that there will be more ready assets available from the Unity store.