3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.0 Discussion/Suggestions

jenie

Double standard, my friend. ♥

I'm talking about things that were already in game a few months back but were taken out because of stability issues, so having anything handed to role players is hardly the case here. I'll clarify so that we don't have any misunderstanding from here on out, deal?

These are merely questions that I would love some form of answer to, now that 2.0 is being implemented. Nothing more.

*Edit, implemented, not implement. Sorry about that.

*Edit, Edit* I'm excited to see what 2.0 has to offer, so my questions were asked out of excitement and curiosity, not out of negativity. And there's nothing wrong with editing my posts so that we better understand each other, right?

great answer didnt answer anything

giphy.gif

Guest Twiggy

Is there new content being developed to coincide with the new upgrade or is it just a graphics upgrade with the same content already in the game?

Do I dare hope, a return of <tags> to help revitalize the storytelling community and propel our stories back to the forefront of our game playing experience here once again like we had in the past?

Will old computers struggle to keep up with the new update/upgrade? With the option to toggle key elements to the game's graphics (like shadows and lighting) help our desktops more efficiently run the game?

With a new redesign of the game's interface, can we expect the Roleplay Channel make a return so that we can openly have a chat tab available at all times to invite other role players to join in on our stories so as not to put our stories up on Local Chat anymore or, have to invite several members into a group chat? Some of us would love to play out scenarios in local rooms, but are afraid to do so because of the ridicule that comes with sharing a story no one wants to read.

Can we look forward to the return of alternate playable characters, now that a Global Ignore is in place to help keep 'trolls' from abusing that option?

Is creator content now a possibility, since the game is being structured to run on a new engine? Could members of the community come together and create content to submit, with a high probability of that content, being implemented in game?

Are any or all these thoughts a possibility, now that 2.0 is just around the corner?

I think the RolePlay tab was removed because it wasn't being used, I could be wrong but that is what I remember being said.

The impact that the miss use of alternate characters was having on the game caused the 10k fee to be applied, and it does seem to have reduced that impact quite a lot, I didn't think it would do as much as it has but I have to now agree that has done so.

For that I would suggest you think of alternatives rather than saying we just go back to what we had before.

The ignore system has been a total ignore the way it is now for a long time, it was changed for a short time when they 1st brought in the 10k charge only and was brought back in because of the out cry that was put up on it.

The ignore system can only do so much, it can not stop a lot of the trouble that was being caused by the miss use of alts, it's one thing to say if someone is giving you grief then hit iggy, but in lots of occasions the trouble it causes has already been done.

Also iggy will not stop someone with an alt going around to your friends causing trouble.

I fully agree there could be better systems and that what it takes away from the game is bad, but something was needed and that is what they put in place and things are a lot better in here because of it.

Where there use to be a lot of post in these forums with the same complaints about people doing things where alts were used, I have not seen one of those posts for a long time now.

Same goes in the game, I use to see and hear about drama so much more than I do now where people had used alts to cause that drama.

As I said before I didn't think when they 1st introduced the 10k system that it would have much of an effect, I even voiced that in here, but it really does appear that it has.

Even though it has taken different aspects out f the game I don't think you will see that being reversed.

OK.. Well I really appreciate the effort of Ashbash even if I agree with Cordelia.

I like you Ash, don't get me wrong.

The "we will inform 3dxchat community later", written by Lisa, doesn't help Achilles, but thanks to you too.

People asking when when when is no trolling to me, even if I like the trolling replies of chaostika, always full of nice gifs.

The first question of PaulaSamantha has tickled my curiosity too when I asked about the unity 4/5 thing, discovering that we're still under Unity 4 (I thought the patch 337 was also the update to unity 5, but it seems it was only some sort of "preparation").

Now we see the day/Night sunny/rainy graphic things..in Unity 5? I think so. So 3dxchat 2.0 will conquer the Unity 5 engine (for users sake...). Perfect. So...we will be able to see a " rain" of new poses and animations (remember they have been already rewritten all for the Unity 5 preparation? They said it), because hey Unity 5 will make making poses and animations a lot easier.....

In the meanwhile a guy called Goose posted some animations he created in 20 mins each...

So... And I am finishing this big troll... My head itches of curiosity again about that first question of PaulaSamantha...

A big kiss!!!

Nion

Is there new content being developed to coincide with the new upgrade or is it just a graphics upgrade with the same content already in the game?

Do I dare hope, a return of <tags> to help revitalize the storytelling community and propel our stories back to the forefront of our game playing experience here once again like we had in the past?

Will old computers struggle to keep up with the new update/upgrade? With the option to toggle key elements to the game's graphics (like shadows and lighting) help our desktops more efficiently run the game?

With a new redesign of the game's interface, can we expect the Roleplay Channel make a return so that we can openly have a chat tab available at all times to invite other role players to join in on our stories so as not to put our stories up on Local Chat anymore or, have to invite several members into a group chat? Some of us would love to play out scenarios in local rooms, but are afraid to do so because of the ridicule that comes with sharing a story no one wants to read.

Can we look forward to the return of alternate playable characters, now that a Global Ignore is in place to help keep 'trolls' from abusing that option?

Is creator content now a possibility, since the game is being structured to run on a new engine? Could members of the community come together and create content to submit, with a high probability of that content, being implemented in game?

Are any or all these thoughts a possibility, now that 2.0 is just around the corner?

I read this all in an epic narrator's voice. Why...it's too early for this. :T

All of those thoughts are a possibility, my dear. All of them. Keep your mind open and your heart beating.

ashbash (Chief Of The Boat, Moderator, Staff) said...

What I see ... as I guess ... so I assume .... which probably means ... so I assume ... as I see ... which makes me think...
Finally ... myself I hope this month ... And I expect ... As I think ... So I hope it is soon *Fingers crossed* ...

So, when I said (without mentioning names)...

It would be nice to not have to rely on an intermediary who doesn't know anything anyway.

ashbash said (Chief Of The Boat, Moderator, Staff, with no less sarcasm)...

Thanks for your kind words, Cordelia.

If the "Chief Of The Boat" (oh, perhaps he means the Wish Pearl, that no one visits) doesn't know anything what is the point of guessing, assuming, thinking, hoping, etc. anyone can do that.

OK.. Well I really appreciate the effort of Ashbash even if I agree with Cordelia.

I like you Ash, don't get me wrong.

The "we will inform 3dxchat community later", written by Lisa, doesn't help Achilles, but thanks to you too.

People asking when when when is no trolling to me, even if I like the trolling replies of chaostika, always full of nice gifs.

The first question of PaulaSamantha has tickled my curiosity too when I asked about the unity 4/5 thing, discovering that we're still under Unity 4 (I thought the patch 337 was also the update to unity 5, but it seems it was only some sort of "preparation").

Now we see the day/Night sunny/rainy graphic things..in Unity 5? I think so. So 3dxchat 2.0 will conquer the Unity 5 engine (for users sake...). Perfect. So...we will be able to see a " rain" of new poses and animations (remember they have been already rewritten all for the Unity 5 preparation? They said it), because hey Unity 5 will make making poses and animations a lot easier.....

In the meanwhile a guy called Goose posted some animations he created in 20 mins each...

So... And I am finishing this big troll... My head itches of curiosity again about that first question of PaulaSamantha...

A big kiss!!!

Nion

First they will make the "old" game working perfect with the new rendering engine (day night cycles, grahic settings, etc). If we lucky, they will release the new engine in may, (if we are more lucky they will add some minor updates with it, aka poses or new clothing) then bug hunting begins, so in june we will have a stable unity 5 game engine and the first update for it. Until this, i don't expect too much updates, because they will be busy with maintaining the game core. When they done with it, who knows what will come, but I suppose regulal stuff, like poses, clothing, etc. Maybe a bit more frequently then before.

Also we haven't seen any new renders about the avatars, maybe they will change their skin shaders too. But who knows. They aren't bad at current level, and can fit in the new render system.

The most difference between the new and the old engine will be the environment lighting and shading. For first time, avatars will remain nearly the same i think.

Who of us need a new engine?

Old engine very, very not bad.

The only thing that we need in the game - many many many updates. The poses, clothing, furniture. The game is completely empty.

For older players in the game have nothing to do.
HTML codes in the chat - taken away, TV - taken away, free characters - taken away.

What we get in return? One pose and penis for women? )))
I'm not a woman, thank you)

It is important to realize that people go into the game not for wait, wait, wait. And also paid the game not for wait, wait, wait.
We need poses, clothing, furniture.

Who of us need a new engine?

Old engine very, very not bad.

The only thing that we need in the game - many many many updates. The poses, clothing, furniture. The game is completely empty.

For older players in the game have nothing to do.

HTML codes in the chat - taken away, TV - taken away, free characters - taken away.

What we get in return? One pose and penis for women? )))

I'm not a woman, thank you)

It is important to realize that people go into the game not for wait, wait, wait. And also paid the game not for wait, wait, wait.

I work on this content (Not approved - Not sure) but i work on new clothes and accessories / Animations. Just wait =/. NOT OFFICIAL ACTUALLY.

Check Art & Images >>> French-Touch Album (Last Page)

Xoxo

But i think this new version, will be so amazing for sure ! Lisa work hard on this project. Just respect that :)

IMP: Good Luck Lisa :)

I am interested in the phenomenal ability of developers to sleep.
They sleep even when they make a new (or updates to the existing) version of the game )

This special tablets "sleeping developer" ?
Where can I buy? )))
(I am the developer of electronics)
:D :D :D

Now I understand that most of the users in this forum have an attitude of unconditional adoration and little critical sense towards the game. This is due to the fact that the majority of users of the game is already satisfied . No matter if there is no lingerie ( underwear is the same for two years and even little ) , if there are a few poses, if the contents are ridiculously few ... Almost everyone here like to chat and make friends . They fulfill their fantasies just by writing ... and with so much imagination. The fortune of this game is the lack of real competition in the market. Therefore users accept any limitation of this game. Users write proposals , suggestions , proposals ... but it is almost useless work. After so many requests that we're going to have is a hat and a new graphics engine . and we continue to look ahead , look ahead . Maybe in 10 years we will finally have half the content of a game like The Sims 1 .

Now I understand that most of the users in this forum have an attitude of unconditional adoration and little critical sense towards the game. This is due to the fact that the majority of users of the game is already satisfied . No matter if there is no lingerie ( underwear is the same for two years and even little ) , if there are a few poses, if the contents are ridiculously few ... Almost everyone here like to chat and make friends . They fulfill their fantasies just by writing ... and with so much imagination. The fortune of this game is the lack of real competition in the market. Therefore users accept any limitation of this game. Users write proposals , suggestions , proposals ... but it is almost useless work. After so many requests that we're going to have is a hat and a new graphics engine . and we continue to look ahead , look ahead . Maybe in 10 years we will finally have half the content of a game like The Sims 1 .

Are you serious? The vast majority of people here  are over the top critical here. To the point of being ridiculous in some cases. 

I kinda agree there's a surprising amount appreciation towards the updates we get, even when we get them once per two months.

And I agree the problem indeed is that there is no real competition.. I get that making it look so good can take a bit longer.. But honestly, we've seen what some of the users have created in with small amount of time used >.<

No one should be paying for the game to wait -.- Don't subscribe if you aren't happy with the features the game has at the time of your subscription.

Guest Twiggy

I think the devs have to go to Unity 5, if they don't they know they take the risk of loosing the edge that has brought so many people to 3DXChat which is the better graphics.

With only 2 devs it will take some time to do that, How hard they are working on it and how long it will take I don't know.

I don't think it will make any difference in how long it takes to add new poses as the process to make animations will not change, maybe how they are added to the game will though.

At the moment I think every time they add a new animation they have to re load both male and female characters completely, as all animations are carried together on each, all of our avis carry every available animation with them.

So adding a new one is not just adding that animation to the game where as with Unity 5 it can be.

With Unity 5 you can make it so they call animations from a pool and they don't carry every animation with them.

All the assets and things in the Unity assets store are being made for Unity 5, so there will be a difference in what is made available for the devs to use.

There is a sex game being developed right now and maybe the devs have heard of it, I have mentioned it in here myself and there is also ways you can see that if you are in some of the forums for game developers.

It is a small crew in India of all places but they have gained funding and the last I heard were looking for developers.

I can also tell you that although it will be a sex game much like this one they will be concentrating heavily on dancing animations, I think that is where they feel they will get the edge over 3DXChat.

Any other developers looking in this forum would pick up on a lot of things where they could build a game and have a ready made customer base.

Just do a game the same and give the people the things that have been continually asked for so many times.

The guy that is doing this did a lot of the development for a company there in India that does rendering in 3DS for building companies and such in the US.

That company employs more than 20 people and is a fairly big affair for an Indian IT company.

India also has the same advantage as Russia where wages are so much lower than we get.

So if he does get it going then it is likely they will be some real competition for 3DXChat.

I think the devs here have made a real mistake by leaving the door open for them.

They need to pull their finger out.

I think the devs have to go to Unity 5, if they don't they know they take the risk of loosing the edge that has brought so many people to 3DXChat which is the better graphics.

With only 2 devs it will take some time to do that, How hard they are working on it and how long it will take I don't know.

I don't think it will make any difference in how long it takes to add new poses as the process to make animations will not change, maybe how they are added to the game will though.

At the moment I think every time they add a new animation they have to re load both male and female characters completely, as all animations are carried together on each, all of our avis carry every available animation with them.

So adding a new one is not just adding that animation to the game where as with Unity 5 it can be.

With Unity 5 you can make it so they call animations from a pool and they don't carry every animation with them.

All the assets and things in the Unity assets store are being made for Unity 5, so there will be a difference in what is made available for the devs to use.

There is a sex game being developed right now and maybe the devs have heard of it, I have mentioned it in here myself and there is also ways you can see that if you are in some of the forums for game developers.

It is a small crew in India of all places but they have gained funding and the last I heard were looking for developers.

I can also tell you that that although it will be a sex game much like this one they will be concentrating heavily on dancing animations, I think that is where they feel they will get the edge over 3DXChat.

Any other developers looking in the forum would pick up on a lot of things where they could build a game and have a ready made customer base.

Just do a game the same and give the people the things that have been continually asked for so many times.

The guy that is doing this did a lot of the development for a company there that does rendering in 3DS for building companies and such in the US.

That company employs more than 20 people and is a fairly big affair for an Indian IT company.

India also has the same advantage as Russia where wages are so much lower than we get.

So if he does get it going then it is likely they will be some real competition for 3DXChat.

I think the devs here have made a real mistake by leaving the door open for them.

They need to pull their finger out.

sounds like you are making a commercial for the new site, in another companies forums.

I guess i have never understood the mindset of some. This is not about you twiggy but just in general. I have seen some very pissed off people here. Sometimes i actually think they hate the game yet come here daily.  I dont get it, if something makes you that unhappy, why continue to support it? 

and for the last time, you arent entitled to any updates. this is pay to play. Show me in the tos or anywhere where they promise a set number of updates. 

Guest Twiggy

Oh wow Rob, is that what you got from what I said.

I am actually trying to let them know about it so they have the chance to do something about it.

And as for us paying to play, I know Lisa once said that, that we don't pay for updates we pay to play.

Well announce there will be no more updates and see what happens.

The truth is we do not just pay to play, we also expect updates and the game most definitely does need them.

The question is really, how many updates and how often should we expect them.

The money this game is making for the devs, they can well afford to employ more people to finish this game faster.

For some reason they won't do that and things have always progressed far to slow.

Your right, my bad. i apologize for that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on it but why announce there will be no more updates. to say there have been none is incorrect. is it going as fast as some want, no. But its not like there have been none. And as i have said 1000 times this community is severely fractured, Doesnt matter what the devs do, they cant win. if they add one thing, people bitch that they didnt get what they wanted. I just think most here have tunnel vision, Just my opinion.

I am a firm believer in what they are doing here. That may not be the popular choice but it is what it is. I wish i could look back at the history of places like imvu, etc and see where they were 3 years in. to sort of compare.