3DXChat Community

Bad weather : Rain, Snow, Storm

GottaGo

Hello here,

Would it be possible to have more visual effect and especially some rain and/or snow ?

It would be nice to have them as "boxes" with, for examples, rain only falling inside that box. That would prevent to have rain going through roof and such without requiring some heavy calculation and such.

That could also let people build some good looking shower instead of using the actual smoke effect which is always looking a bit weird.

14 hours ago, GottaGo said:

Hello here,

Would it be possible to have more visual effect and especially some rain and/or snow ?

It would be nice to have them as "boxes" with, for examples, rain only falling inside that box. That would prevent to have rain going through roof and such without requiring some heavy calculation and such.

That could also let people build some good looking shower instead of using the actual smoke effect which is always looking a bit weird.

Yeah, would love rain and snow and it would be great if it were like the sparkle effect we have in game now, so you could apply them to any block and control where it is.

If you couldnt control it, then it would be very limited in its use, as in outdoor/nature rooms is all I can think of?

Rain penetrating builds was a flaw in Unity itself 5 years ago. Dunno if it's been fixed by Unity, but if it has the Devs I'd think can enable it or do whatever you do to make the effects work. 

I could be wrong, but I believe Snow, rain, wind, leaves falling and sun moving across the sky are all similar Unity features.

Edited by THX

The Ram usage is much improved in Unity 5 (which we have been using here for last 3ish years. It about 3 times more efficient than Unity 4. 

I've built in both. Imo, there isn't any issue I've encountered with performance that should stop it in personal builds. It just goes with the territory of any build.  Overuse something and expect consequences.

On 1/7/2021 at 1:38 AM, Lexxxxi said:

So can it be add or upgrade into 3dx too ? i mean 3dx missing rainy and snowy effect.

It most likely is already in but disabled. It used to snow at Love Island.