3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

1. The report system can do little to nothing about stalkers.

2. The report system can do little to nothing about clingers.

3. The report system can do little to nothing about people making alts to spread lies.

4. The report system can do little to nothing about people lying about their gender when they know it matters to the other person.

5. The report system can do little to nothing about a lot of things where the full ignore use to make people think twice before they done them.

Plus it is possible now that all a person has to do is delete their avi before the report is followed up on and the devs will have no way of telling who it was.

1. You only have a problem with this if you're a real woman playing this game, which accounts for about maybe 10 of us, if not less.

Stalking is provoked when you LIE to someone about who you are. Stalkers only prey on the weak and the lies they surround themselves with. But if you are, who you say you are, then stalking should be reduced to a minimum, especially when you're playing this game.

2. Clingers are born, again, because you're pretending to fall in love in a game where fantasy is the norm. You led the person on with your pretending to be a woman and now you've bred a clinger. But rather than be HONEST to the person about your intentions in the game, you compound the lies even more, sucking people in past your black hole's event horizon.

3. If you're not creating any problems, then why should you worry about people spreading lies about you? That's sounds so sophomore; I've mentioned this time and time again, it's the people who have something to HIDE that are the most worried about the account wide ignore being shelved.

4. So stop trying to fall in love here overnight. This isn't Match.com.

5. Pandora.

I get that your curious nature leads you to try out a female avatar, guys. But don't be a fucking dickhead about it, right Twiggy?  :) 

The report system requires the moderators to act effectively on the reports they receive. Twiggy's post suggests that she doesn't think they do. Based on other posts I tend to agree, I remember reading in another thread that said that some people only 'get a slap on the wrist' for breaking the rules. If this is actually the case then it is all the more important for the ignore feature to be as robust as possible. Has there been any statement on this from the moderators? I recall one saying that the ignore will be avatar only and another saying the developers will make it work. Has there been anything since those?

Moderators were here before, the ignore system was implemented, then the moderators were fired.

The ignore button is your moderator now. Use it at your convenience. Stop being lazy and want development to baby you.

I would rather be a duper than a no lifer who treats cartoon avis like they are really me and act like its real life

I will always keep my second account because frankly, could give two shits if anyone likes it. I dont live my life trying to please people i will never meet. Could care less what 95 percent think or dont think ;)

Come to think of it, i may buy a third account

You rock. lol

Git 'em, paw.

If ignore doesn't work properly an alternative is essential. Nobody is saying they don't use ignore, so no laziness is involved. What some people are saying is that the ignore in the new version is insufficient. I am asking if the report system is any better? Are you able to answer that question?

The report system would prob be a lot better if the devs didnt have to look at tons of nonsense and were able to focus on the serious issues instead of them having to wade through tons of i was randomly hugged or strangers asked me for sex reports and the like.

People who report foolish crap that will never be acted on are partly to blame for the delay in reports being looked at

So you have proof of this, that there are so many of that kind of report going on ?

You seem to be obsessed about this hugging thing, one person came in this forum saying she didn't like being randomly hugged and you made such a big deal out of it.

Then you went on and on about it claiming that she was making such a big deal about it when it was actually you driving all that.

Now your trying to make claims that there are so many people putting in reports about that sort of thing that it is what is taking up the devs time.

In other posts, when it suites, you go on about how people don't use the report system enough, you could at least try being consistent.

You also make posts advising people that they don't have to explain about their role plays, which is fine, I actually agree with that.

But when you then say "they don't deserve that", like we are doing something wrong by pointing out there are problems around alts and how they are used, then that is something else.

If the people want to blame someone for them feeling like they have to explain the innocent ways they use alts, then they should put the blame where the blame belongs, on people like you who miss use them purposely to upset other peoples games.

The problem is not the people complaining about how alts are miss used, the problem is the people that miss use alts.

There is not just a hand full of them like you and others are trying to make out, there are lots of them, to the extent that they are having a major influence on the game.

To the extent that with all their bitching and manipulation in the game and in these forums that the devs are now catering to them in how they are formatting the game.

Every person that plays the opposite sex to what they are in real life, making it so people believe they are that sex behind the keyboard are mostly doing that with alts.

People may claim that most who do play the opposite sex to their real life sex say so in their profiles, that is bs, I have purposely looked at a pile of females avis profiles in the game and not one has said so.

Every person that gets in what is meant to be a devoted relationship in the game and has an alt they cheat on that person with are miss using alts.

It doesn't matter if you agree with relationships in the game or not, I don't do relationships myself, but there are people who do and they have a right to play their game the way they want as much as anyone else.

They have a right to expect the person that has made a commitment to them in the game to be honest about that commitment.

But people like you seem to think it is their own fault, it's the internet and a game so to expect honesty is totally wrong.

Sorry but I find that a really warped way of thinking and to often used as an excuse for people to do things they know to be wrong.

Yes I agree we should keep our guard up, but to go to the extent that a lot of people seem to suggest in here would mean having no trust with anyone at all.

Which is in fact where the game is headed.

That's another thing you like to do, try make out people do things they don't, when I actually believe you know they don't, which makes it really perthitic.

I had a male avi in my account once, I actually had others to, all of which never saw the outside of my room.

Lots of girls do that, we use to use them for testing new sex poses, Bob is ugly.

But go on about it all you want, people know the truth, you're not fooling anyone.

People have a right to play how ever they want as long as it is not inflicting on other peoples games.

People who want to play and have relationships in the game do not cause problems for others, it is the people that betray the trust in these relationships that cause the problems.

So what they do, by having these relationships does not effect others games.

People who play the opposite sex and make believe they are that sex in real life often cause drama.

They do so knowing if found out it will cause problems.

They make the decision for others about how they want them to play their games.

They know if people knew they were not a female in real life that a lot of people would not play with them the way they want.

By not letting people know they are making the decision for them.

They are forcing what they want from the game, and what they want others to do for them in their game on others.

You can say all the bs you want about me.

Very few people pay much attention to what you have to say, haven't you realised yet, people are a wake up to you.

I think this is an important point. If somebody behaves in a manner that is offensive to another then thay have the right to report the person causing offence. They also have the right for that report to be taken seriously by the moderators and action taken that is appropriate.to the nature of the offence and the frequency of that offence being caused. It doesn't matter whether anybody else considers the offence trivial or not, if somebody is offended by something someone has done to the extent they decide to report it, or use ignore, then that behaviour is offensive.

This thread is being taken up with posts about whether or not the new ignore feature is fit for purpose. There is at least one person who is concerned that it is not, two if you include me. I have not yet seen any counter argument that it is sufficient, although one poster has said that they are happy to keep using the ignore on any one person who tries to get round her ignores. It shouldn't really be neccessary to ignore someone more than once.

I raised the question of whether the report system is any better. Both ignore and report are the only tools users have to avoid 'unwanted attention'. From time to time we are told, on the splash screen, that Ignore is the way 'to avoid unwanted attention'. If that is the case then it should work, as should report.

It shouldn't really be neccessary to ignore someone more than once.

This is impossible. Was, is and will. Was question about comfort. I am not lazy to use ignore more than 1 time, but it is more comfy to use button just one time against one account. Don`t forget that someone can make another account, a lot of accounts and in this case you can protect yourself by yourself only.

That's fine, ExHaran, if it works for you. The limitation is, as you say, people who use more than one account or delete their avatar and recreate it to continue to harrass someone. If the acttion is something trivial, cold partner requests for example, most people just decline the first, possibly decline the second and use ignore on third. The person ignored might log off and log back on again as an alt and do the same thing. That is deliberately causing annoyance. If on being ignored again they do the same, that becomes harrassment and is against Terms of Service.

From what other people have said I believe this sort of thing does happen and the correct action would be for the moderators to consider banning the person behind all three avatars, not just ban the last avatar. In my example ignore is not working.

1. You only have a problem with this if you're a real woman playing this game, which accounts for about maybe 10 of us, if not less.

Stalking is provoked when you LIE to someone about who you are. Stalkers only prey on the weak and the lies they surround themselves with. But if you are, who you say you are, then stalking should be reduced to a minimum, especially when you're playing this game.

2. Clingers are born, again, because you're pretending to fall in love in a game where fantasy is the norm. You led the person on with your pretending to be a woman and now you've bred a clinger. But rather than be HONEST to the person about your intentions in the game, you compound the lies even more, sucking people in past your black hole's event horizon.

3. If you're not creating any problems, then why should you worry about people spreading lies about you? That's sounds so sophomore; I've mentioned this time and time again, it's the people who have something to HIDE that are the most worried about the account wide ignore being shelved.

4. So stop trying to fall in love here overnight. This isn't Match.com.

5. Pandora.

I get that your curious nature leads you to try out a female avatar, guys. But don't be a fucking dickhead about it, right Twiggy?  :)

I only just noticed this post.

Where do you get off calling me a guy playing as a girl.

You would not only have no reason for suspecting but would not have any proof as there could not be any, so stop your bs.

From what I hear it is a good chance you are a guy, and you do all the things you are accusing me of.

There are so many in the game know I am who I am and I have proven I am a female so many times, have you, from what I hear no.

You and others try this, saying I am a guy, trying to take credibility away from my posts.

But all you do is show yourself to be what you are.

I don't have to come up with bs to say the things I say, but all you and Rob do is that, talk bs because you have nothing on me to be able to put me down in front of other readers.

And it is always the same bs, you try make out I am not a girl because I have said how I hate that us girls have to put up with being assumed to be guys in the game and you know I don't like that.

Try coming up with a decent debate and I might give you some respect.

But I feel sure you won't because bs is all you are capable of.

That's fine, ExHaran, if it works for you. The limitation is, as you say, people who use more than one account or delete their avatar and recreate it to continue to harrass someone. If the acttion is something trivial, cold partner requests for example, most people just decline the first, possibly decline the second and use ignore on third. The person ignored might log off and log back on again as an alt and do the same thing. That is deliberately causing annoyance. If on being ignored again they do the same, that becomes harrassment and is against Terms of Service.

From what other people have said I believe this sort of thing does happen and the correct action would be for the moderators to consider banning the person behind all three avatars, not just ban the last avatar. In my example ignore is not working.

Exactly, they do that to whole account. What the problem then? Maybe I lost something on the forum. Did support team/devs said that they will ban only one character? Link me please if it is possible. I dont understand the problem.

Dear MOD, sorry in advance for going off topic...

The way I see it, if I guy needs to resort to being a girl in game... then...

1. they have no confidence in themselves.. probably been rejected my many girls... (of course if SamanthaSweetheart is correct 10 rejections and you got no choice)
  2. The guy is gay, and unable to score with other guys... so being a female means all the straight guys will fuck him.
  3.  I am sure there so more...

I don't know how the test server post turned into a post about iggies and drama.. but since it has I will add my two cents.  Of course I can only speak for myself and how I tend to handle things in game.  I cant and wont try and tell other people how to play theirs.

I keep reading all this stuff about rights...  I have the right.. they have the right.. we have the right...  Is there a 3dx Constitution that I don't know about?  Unless it falls under something that is illegal in the real world..  we only have the rights the devs give us in this game.   We do have to power to walk away of course if we don't like how the devs operate their game.    We have the power to use the tools that said Devs have given us to try and enforce their own TOS.  Beyond that.. I think people are reaching.   You want the devs to eliminate a sect of people that are inherently drawn to this type of game.. Its simply impossible.  Not only impossible but illogical.. they bring money just the like rest of us.  Even more money really since they are willing to pay for more accounts... I highly doubt the devs developed this game so they could get virtually laid..  they developed this game to make money.  More accounts equals more money.  Seems simple to me. 

I have been playing these types of games for a very long time.. It is my personal observation as well as my personal opinion that the iggy feature simply does not stop people from their drama.  Not because the devs aren't doin enough.  But because the people involved in these dramas like it  (for the most part.. I do realize there are a few extreme exceptions). I do not, nor have I ever had the kind of drama that people continuously complain about here, even when some nut tries to bring it. Why?  I'm just too boring to that kind of person.  I simply do not interact with them unless I choose to do so.  MY choice, they can do nothing to force me to do so. I surround myself with other adults, people who would not concern themselves with some random coming up with lies and rumors.   I rarely use iggy..  usually its against someone who is hugging or kissing me excessively, or dancing on me and I simply do not want to see them anymore.   I do not need iggy to erase someone from my existence.. I simply stop interacting with them.  They get bored of typing to the wall and go find someone who wants to play..  Very adult of me huh? 

I'm not saying that the iggy feature isn't an important one.  It certainly is.. I (notice I said "I", my very own opinion) just don't think its the huge deal that its being made to be here in this thread.  I mean its really not that much effort to push down that iggy button a second or third  or even the fifth time.  Or to simply stop interacting with someone.  Its not like they are yelling in my ear..  they are typing in a box that I can stop reading or replying to. We had the account wide iggy for a long time..  seems to me it didn't stop any of the drama that I love to read here or in world!   

I think the truth is that small changes to the game like changing how the ignore system, or even going to a single avi setup, or something wont actually change who plays the game. I get that some people want to think that if just this, or that changed the game would be totally different, but its simply not the case. Unless they can change who is joining the game any attempt to try to engineer some type of social change inside it is just bound to fail. The devs have their own vision for 3DX which might be a bit different then mine, or what I think 3DX could be. I don't remember anyone suggesting the changes they ended up making. What I have seen is that if they take someones idea they generally implement it in the next patch. I don't think that anyone can dispute that 3DX is successful as a sex game it clearly is one of the more popular ones, and its amazing it has the community it does based on what it is, but I think that the devs have decided not to try to compete with social games, and that makes sense they really can't. I think that right now there isn't a social game that allows adult stuff, and has good graphics. 3DX has managed to get some of the people looking for that, but that just isn't what 3DX is. It is just not setup with a lot of the things a good social game needs. 3DX is basically a bare shell if you take away the sex part there basically isn't anything there that can compare with plenty of social games, some of which I might add are basically completely empty of people.

Actually the same discussion was going on here several times before.

In any social game where people interact with each other the issues mentioned here happen.

There will always some who respect others and some who don't.

There will always be some who hurt and some who get hurt.

There will always be some who take the game and the coplayers serious and some who don't care.

This will never change.

Ignore buttons and moderators won't solve the problems permanently.

What you can do is to select the people you hang around with carefully. 

Don't rush into friendships or relations before knowing someone really well.

If you care ask a person, are you a woman/man in real? Indeed i did this several times.

In the end I don't think most who plays this game for a while don't care about anything.

Even RobT said once, he doesn't want to have sex with someone who is a dude in RL. (Idk, maybe you changed your mind Rob bc now you say you don't care).

And nobody will hang up with different people everytime when logging in. So ofc people look for others they can have a good time with and get along with and there is some trust needed. Even when you don't look for a relation.

Just my 5 cents...

I only just noticed this post.

Where do you get off calling me a guy playing as a girl.

You would not only have no reason for suspecting but would not have any proof as there could not be any, so stop your bs.

From what I hear it is a good chance you are a guy, and you do all the things you are accusing me of.

There are so many in the game know I am who I am and I have proven I am a female so many times, have you, from what I hear no.

You and others try this, saying I am a guy, trying to take credibility away from my posts.

But all you do is show yourself to be what you are.

I don't have to come up with bs to say the things I say, but all you and Rob do is that, talk bs because you have nothing on me to be able to put me down in front of other readers.

And it is always the same bs, you try make out I am not a girl because I have said how I hate that us girls have to put up with being assumed to be guys in the game and you know I don't like that.

Try coming up with a decent debate and I might give you some respect.

But I feel sure you won't because bs is all you are capable of.

I didn't call you a guy. I was just asking you to agree with me. Why write a long post, conveying otherwise?

You should have just said yes. But if you need proof that I'm a woman, go ask SniperGirl.  ;) 

I didn't change my mind, still dont want to but i took steps to make sure i have less of a chance doing so. No rule against being picky with who you mess with. What i am against is anyone telling those who do do it that they shouldnt play or that they are less than someone else as far as the game goes. Yes i like to talk crap to futas but ive never said they shouldnt play

Truth be told in my opinion people who treat this game like its some kind of dating site or real life  are far worse than any dude playing a female will ever be

We're talking about very few guys who do that, though. A lot of guys I've met over the years really do treat this game for what it is, a game and nothing more. We have grown incredible friendships over the years because of that simple understanding, and not going past those extreme lengths that some do, to make this game their reality.

I can count you guys on my fingers and you know who you are. ♥

It's really sad to have witnessed the game skew to this tangent, had developers been given the right attitude and the right foresight back in patch 360, developing content for the game instead of wasting their time catering to the security of certain people.

The report system can do little to nothing about stalkers.

The report system can do little to nothing about clingers.

The report system can do little to nothing about people making alts to spread lies.

The report system can do little to nothing about people lying about their gender when they know it matters to the other person.

The report system can do little to nothing about a lot of things where the full ignore use to make people think twice before they done them.

Plus it is possible now that all a person has to do is delete their avi before the report is followed up on and the devs will have no way of telling who it was.

see stalker -iggy

see clingers-iggy

alts-iggy

liers -iggy

its 2 seconds process whats more simplier  im sorry but i dont undestand what i undestand is that we have to adupt