3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

Dear Gizmo.

When will you release the pose editor? is it already in experimentation? Will there be an editor for clothes? Here we are all waiting for something to make the "boom" in the game. The pose editor and the clothes editor would be appropriate ...

The only "boom" you will see happen it's when they will finally update at least 1 time each month lol

not upset with them at all, what irks me is the premise that opposite gender folks is some high crime that should result in the death penalty by some here when  in all actuality its the folks who are treating a sex game like its real life  that are no better or worse.

As I said before, I'm not a fan of people pretending to be the opposite gender, I just find it laughable that some act like its high treason when they go around acting like this is real and some crime has been committed. They have as much a right to play how they want as the people who want to marry 27 times or participate is some relationship and have a new soulmate weekly.

Both should be able to coexist.

First off .... Hiya, ya big troll, its been a while.

Secondly, I couldn't agree more with what you just said.

Those who know me from when I played, know I say I am a gold star lesbian. But am I really? A few who have spoken to me on skype know that to be true. But the others, who knows for sure. I could be a 300 lb dude behind the screen. But to me, its kinda the ... unknown which I liked ... a little bit. Out of the hundred or so friends I made on here, I have spoken to two over skype. To me, I say that goes from being a game, to something more. Be it friendship or something more romantic, once you make that leap from out of the game, it stops becoming a game.

I guess im starting to rant a little bit, but what it comes down to is choices. I "CHOSE" to take it a little further with those two people, and I would of been hurt had they lied to me. But ultimately I just think this when I played, "I judge the person by the avatar they are using to play". As a lady, only interested in the ladies, I will persue  ... guess what ... a lady ;) . I never really tried taking things to the next level, because I bought this game to be just that ... a game. If I was able to make a few friends, while getting a little play time in, then I got my money worth out of it.

Like I said, I judged this game based off the avatars I interacted with. If I know them to be a guy behind the screen, it never really was an issue. Because ultimately what I am seeing is a woman, who I happen to have a connection with, so in my mind it works. But those who go on witch hunts to find out the gender behind the screen, and make it their goals to ruin their good name in game, probably shouldnt be playing this.

I am reeeeealy starting to rant now, but from all the posts I have read of yours, and seeing this one here, its nice to see a like minded individual. Just shocked it came from you.  :P 

But those who go on witch hunts to find out the gender behind the screen, and make it their goals to ruin their good name in game, probably shouldnt be playing this.

I can sing a song about that.

Since I play 3dx (2 years now I think) I almost had never a drama or a fight that was not caused from those witch hunters.

Even now, where I barely play the game, some jerk ingame runs around and trys to convince my friends, that I am a dude irl with "proofs" out of Pandora.

That's the only reason, why I hate Pandora. Not because it opens up the accounts to everyone. I don't care if people know what was and is on my account.

But some people use those informations to harass people ingame and making their lifes horrible.

Just a shame what the game has become. Nearly everyone seems to be extremly paranoid and sees behind every female avi a dude.

And as much as I hate Pandora... I have the feeling that this will be even worse, if the new update comes and the account wide iggy is gone and with it Pandora (maybe)

Just a shame what the game has become. Nearly everyone seems to be extremly paranoid and sees behind every female avi a dude.

And as much as I hate Pandora... I have the feeling that this will be even worse, if the new update comes and the account wide iggy is gone and with it Pandora (maybe)

I am not 100% sure what you mean by "what the game has become," but limiting my comments just to the issues you mentioned, I have to disagree about a couple of things. First and foremost, witch hunts have always been very common here. Even when I started playing in Oct. 2013, they were a major pastime for some, so I am sure they were common before that, too.  In my opinion, the game now is neither better nor worse than before in the sense that there will always be a group of people who do that. In fact, when I first started playing, there were very few people who were openly transgender. Almost all players using female avis were masquerading as female in real life. That started to change in 2014, as more and more people began adding TG, CD, or other phrases to their player names and still more began to acknowledge in their profiles that they were "fantasy characters" or a "male-operated female avi." So, conversely, the fact that we have a rather large and active transgender community now is a sign to me that in some ways things are better than they were before.

Which brings me to my second point: Pandora had apparently been around a long long time before "anybody outside a small circle of friends" knew about it. So even if it does "go away," I doubt there will be that much of an impact on players' in-game experience. I might be wrong, true. But as I have written here before, contrary to my own expectations back then, the game did not disintegrate when the in-game moderators left. And I doubt it will change much this time, either.

And let's face it, Gizmo likes the game just the way it is. Otherwise, why would he refuse to implement so many of the very good ideas he gets here in these forums about a number of very minor tweaks that would improve the game immensely? (Rhetorical question, no answer required.)

The 'point and click' to move will always be a point of contention with potential users from other worlds. It is in the top five unliked aspects.

Another common complaint is the ability to masquerade at a whim. Straights don't like that. Lesbians don't like that.

You have a list of things like limited clothing, Avi skins, hair, tats, etc. as huge issues too.

The ability to kick and ban from ones own property still doesn't exist. Will it?

So so many issues still unresolved.

The security issues they are dealing with go well beyond Pandora. There is some scary shit that assholes can do with Unity in general. I get why this is a concearn for them. This is well beyond Pandora.

Hopefully, when the dust settles, they can focus on other things. There are only so many users to go around between all the platforms.

Another common complaint is the ability to masquerade at a whim. Straights don't like that. Lesbians don't like that.

While I agree with the other things you listed, this has been a feature of 3DX from the very beginning and is not something to list as an issue that is still unresolved. 

Straights, lesbians, and anybody else who is uncomfortable with that probably shouldn't be playing 3DXChat.

While I agree with the other things you listed, this has been a feature of 3DX from the very beginning and is not something to list as an issue that is still unresolved.

Straights, lesbians, and anybody else who is uncomfortable with that probably shouldn't be playing 3DXChat.

As straights (men and women) and lesbians comprise the vast majority of this "game" it would be foolish to ignore them.

If you ignore or trivialize their fantasies, they will simply leave and go back to worlds they were comfortable in or look for new worlds that suit their desires.

I’m thinking it would be a bad idea to trivialize sexual orientation of people for any business regardless of personal opinions. I would be surprised if 3DX didn’t want all the customers they could get. That would be an unusual business decision, in my opinion.

As straights (men and women) and lesbians comprise the vast majority of this "game" it would be foolish to ignore them.

Really? This argument has been going on for five years now. I question the veracity of the statement that straight men, straight women, and lesbians are the "vast majority" of the game. And since neither of us knows for sure, there is no sense arguing about it.

But in my opinion, the vast majority of players in this game are either gender benders themselves or are more than willing to accept gender benders as friends and lovers. 

Those who want to bang the hetero-normative drum are free to do so. But in no way, shape, or form is heterosexuality the norm in this game. 

Really? This argument has been going on for five years now. I question the veracity of the statement that straight men, straight women, and lesbians are the "vast majority" of the game. And since neither of us knows for sure, there is no sense arguing about it.

But in my opinion, the vast majority of players in this game are either gender benders themselves or are more than willing to accept gender benders as friends and lovers. 

Those who want to bang the hetero-normative drum are free to do so. But in no way, shape, or form is heterosexuality the norm in this game. 

I agree pretty much with everything you said sage. And also, hello .. not sure if you remember me or not. But we have both been playing for the same amount of time. With that being said, the only thing I liked more about this game, was the lack of private rooms back in the day. Alot of people dont like to visit these rooms, and prefer the more public venues (myself included). So, as far as that goes, thats something I miss about the prior versions of the game. I get it opens up more customization for people, but I think it detracts from the game. The game is basically a sex sim yes, but I would say 90% of the people like to "engage" others through conversation before going straight to business. As much as people like to argue, I actually believe the Male to Female ratio (not including the trans community) would be around the 60-40 ratio. Some people think its more like 80-20, but again, thats just my opinion. I used to care about who might be behind the screen, but those who do that, will find very quickly that they spend more time "worrying" about who they are with, rather then just enjoying the game for what it is. When I left last, I just concerned myself with two things mostly. Dont lie to me in game, meaning if the person says they are going to spend time with me around 9pm, I dont want to see them at 9:30 with someone else. And two, what I see is what I get. Dont go beyond the game, unless both parties are willing to do this. And just because someone says they are a woman, and doesnt want to talk over skype etc, doesnt mean that its a guy pretending.

Ok im starting to rant, but Im done. In summary I agree with what you said  ^_^  

I don't think the evidence would support you.

There are several reasons 3DX doesn't increase it's user base drastically.  This is one of them.

Simply put,  a straight man/woman or Lesbian looking for cybersex with a counterpart of their liking and doesn't want to settle for anything less will either find what they want - or go elsewhere..

If a gay man can't find gay men - they will go elsewhere - SL for instance.

Pretty simple to understand really..

I don't think the evidence would support you.

What evidence? There is none. 

Gizmo is the only person who knows the real reason that the 3DXChat user base hasn't increased dramatically.

The game is what it is because that is the way he likes it. No amount of conjecture from the users will change that.

I remember quite a few nice chats with you, Ali. Good to see you again. :)

I still find it crazy about the amount of drama that does, and continues to go on in this game. Im currently on, in the test server, and there is drama about the amount of russian speaking users in world chat. *sighs*

You guys need to realize not everyone wants to be amazon or google. Some people are very happy with a small piece of the pie. Nobody has any clue if this is a side job type of thing for gizmo, etc. Maybe its where he wants it to be. Nobody is forcing anyone to play, you are free to do as you wish . what you want 3dx to be may not be what he wants it to be.

Honestly, and you know me to probably be right on this. But he could make BANK on this game, if he (they) started marketing this game more, and brought on some extra help. But like you said, maybe they got it to the point its at, and now its just easy money for them. Who knows.

Sorry Rob, this is horseshit. You do not make a game (or any product sold to the public) for your own amusement only, that is not where the original drive to make something for the public comes from, you make it for the people who use it, with what they want and need and will find enjoyable always foremost in your mind. It's a product/service, sold for money, to consumers who have preferences and expectations. I'm not saying you have to or even are expected to do everything people wish for each and every time, but customer/consumer feedback and suggestions will always hold weight, and what they think about the product they pay for and use will always matter to those who provide it.

Naw, just as what Rob says is not entirely horseshit, much of what you say is.

The real point is that we have no idea what motivates Gizmo to run his business the way he does. I'm sure that many of us agree with Ali that proper marketing and a bigger staff would propel this game into the stratosphere. But the fact is that there are a lot of factors about which we know nothing but which still affect how Gizmo runs his business. The bottom line of which is that statements saying "you always have to do this" or "this will always matter" are still just conjecture.  

Sorry Rob, this is horseshit. You do not make a game (or any product sold to the public) for your own amusement only, that is not where the original drive to make something for the public comes from, you make it for the people who use it, with what they want and need and will find enjoyable always foremost in your mind. It's a product/service, sold for money, to consumers who have preferences and expectations. I'm not saying you have to or even are expected to do everything people wish for each and every time, but customer/consumer feedback and suggestions will always hold weight, and what they think about the product they pay for and use will always matter to those who provide it.

Yes, it is complete horseshit.

To make an argument they (Gizmo, staff - whoever) wouldn't want more money....is indeed horseshit.

Just love the way the people who say they don't like drama, try to turn every small disagreement into a 'drama' and wet their pants with excitement and joyfully grab their virtual popcorn when two people disagree and have a couple of words for two seconds. lol.

Honestly I really got nothing to say to that lol. If grabbing my virtual popcorn to the small argument being had, is in any way inciting MORE drama then I guess you got me.

Gizmo prolly knows that the Server cant handle a tonne of people. Tha game has tha same bugs as eets had fo years and re writing tha code to fix them is not possible fo what eva reason. Maybe da code monkey who wrote this game is gone and Gizmo was tha funder who knows eets a mystery. Tha game is what eet is and we have history to look back to and see trends and patterns and we all know what to expect.

With a thread of ideas for tha game by peeps over 100 pages or so long filled with ideas and clothes etc etc that have on tha most part never been introduced tells you something.

Tha hinting of a Pose Editor yet the language used to explain maybeh eet will be looked into is yet another clue about tha Dev/Devs.

This game has eets strengths and weaknesses and some tings are done very well. Remember tha changes since Version 1.0. Certainly eet has changed but tings have also stayed tha same. Eets potential is huge and tha content that can be added is vast but is tha vision and passion and need or want to propel eet forward in new ways or expand in areas where people fo years have been asking for, giving ideas and even willing to give their time and creativity in making content for free. Yet we find the game in this current state and ah believe the reasons are out of our control and not being able to read tha mind of tha Dev/Devs we speculate.

Ah like this game,  ah like most of tha peeps here and at times im grateful fo tha updates we do get but like many im also guilty of being never totally satisfied but hoping what may be round tha corner possibly keeps me interested as ah can see all tha possibilities this game could inject at any moment but eets a shame that most likely none of them will be realized.

People will leave and come back to check outs if there have been any updates that they like and if not disappear again until perhaps one does but fo most of us ah tinks we come back over and over for tha simple tings but even they over time fade and so do games unless they stay current and fresh and ahead of tha competition which currently is beyond tha hill but ever slowly getting closer.

The 'point and click' to move will always be a point of contention with potential users from other worlds. It is in the top five unliked aspects.

I love this statement. 

The idea that pointing and clicking to move is contentious is hilarious. Also do you have this "Top Five Unliked Aspects List" or is it just a personal list?