3DXChat Community

SO GIZMO U WONT BAN ROOM STEALERS

Aliviax

So if I do a drawing with Photoshop I transfer the copyright to Adobe? I mean a drawing from scratch, not using any own material. Oh what... we had this discussion already.

No matter if we own the copyright or not, it doesn't matter, because GameDevil won't do anything and probably can't do anything without considerable personnel costs.

but I still don't quite understand all the excitement. If you let some room thieves take the fun out of you, it's your own fault. I haven't seen a successful stolen room yet.

Just put all the thieves on the ignore list and be good. 

Guest Stefia

No chloe, someone iggy or ignore can enter in your public room, these problem is fix on an other topic but they are link. The stealer have all freedom to come in and hack the system to extract the file.... 

These game protect of nothing you cant select people can enter or not in your party and they can hack the game and steal you. And the solution of gizmo? Send terms all is free just i laugh about these team....

now the difference with SecondLife, IMVU, RLC, havent to talk about, people cant hack these games to steal rooms.... Clearly I dont search who is happy or not to be steal ive been myself been steal by someone was iggy he is just lucky I havent the proof we were target with 2 other friends...

Actually just can see these game can be hack litterally, and in same time a game you cant ignore or refuse the acces to your room.

Now wait after gizmo and his pathetic team will do something? Lol they have clearly say they will do 0 since these problem its internet dont cry => just the answer of a little pig take money and not better than the assholes hack and steal in fact the difference a stealer take your room not your money..... The real responsable isnt the hacker or the stealer is clearly 3DX team take us for nuts

Pay for security cost money and 3DX has choose maximal profit, is more easy to put rules than work on their system if they have someone know how does these and ive serious doubt when i see the list of their bugs they have never correct, and the money they prefer conserve for them; One moment can be clever during monthes all scream on it....

Yes the best solution is dont do deco, and honestly when i see actually the great deco are stop the new rooms are just 3 cubeson line and 4 beds and the owner call these orgy room cold ok... Yes these community proove too havent a brain.

http://northprojectz.com/3dxtest20/index.php?/files/category/21-finish-homes/

For Pierrouss 凸( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)凸

You don't need anymore to post them on forum as you said to my bf yesterday. He trap you on conversation. You sent him link to download my rooms to prove you already had them, he will show to all communauty you got my rooms and you threads to post  on forum by screenshots. 

Guest Stefia

Yes when i talked about friends target I thinked of Thamea :) A great room Tham Bastet temple and so sorry have these guy on your ass and stalk you, ive report him too with your screen.... But when i see in these forum the hacker can litterally post the hack he has do we see all the consideration 3DX team have for people just resume in pay your rent month please thank you for the money...

Its pathetic in 3DX the persons do something for the community are explose and only stay the assholes... 

I'm leaving this shit game. In few months later nobody will build by scare to see their room COPIED by assholes ( yes copied not stolen i must be careful my words ) by someone else. Only dirty builds without design for 3DX, no need to update tools editor ! 

Most of best builder leaving one by one 

No chloe, someone iggy or ignore can enter in your public room, these problem is fix on an other topic but they are link. The stealer have all freedom to come in and hack the system to extract the file.... 

These game protect of nothing you cant select people can enter or not in your party and they can hack the game and steal you. And the solution of gizmo? Send terms all is free just i laugh about these team....

now the difference with SecondLife, IMVU, RLC, havent to talk about, people cant hack these games to steal rooms.... Clearly I dont search who is happy or not to be steal ive been myself been steal by someone was iggy he is just lucky I havent the proof we were target with 2 other friends...

Actually just can see these game can be hack litterally, and in same time a game you cant ignore or refuse the acces to your room.

Now wait after gizmo and his pathetic team will do something? Lol they have clearly say they will do 0 since these problem its internet dont cry => just the answer of a little pig take money and not better than the assholes hack and steal in fact the difference a stealer take your room not your money..... The real responsable isnt the hacker or the stealer is clearly 3DX team take us for nuts

Pay for security cost money and 3DX has choose maximal profit, is more easy to put rules than work on their system if they have someone know how does these and ive serious doubt when i see the list of their bugs they have never correct, and the money they prefer conserve for them; One moment can be clever during monthes all scream on it....

Yes the best solution is dont do deco, and honestly when i see actually the great deco are stop the new rooms are just 3 cubeson line and 4 beds and the owner call these orgy room cold ok... Yes these community proove too havent a brain.

I did not said that iggy will stop room thieves... oh and I know that ghosts can enter your room... that's why I find this whole thread here very "funny"... I really can't see any pure victims here... as well as no pure aggressors.

A  lot of personal things matter here. How about to stop the whole accusation bullshit and start to have fun again? 

To open somebody else room is despise worthy (that's why I said put them on iggy) but also to enter a persons room who iggied you! 

So everybody stop the mud fight. It's annoying!

Do you DMCA, how to file a DMCA, who to contact at Sex Game Devil to file one at all in there? I don't. Do you want to know why? Sex Game Devil owns the rights to what is made as they provide the tools with which they are created, so while you may make this gorgeous room and someone steals it on you, it's not the responsibility of Sex Game Devil to do anything, it's their choice to. As it's been pointed out by Gizmo himself you don't want your room stolen don't make it public. Once it's public people can and will steal it. While it's not the right way to go about it, he's basically stating you have no rights to complain and that is the solution to the problem. Stealing rooms is a trashy move for anyone to do. Don't know how to make a room, ask if someone can or use one of the many rooms that have been made and given out by the person who actually made the room or items.

SecondLife, IMVU, RLC and so on provide you basics you can use your own textures for this doesn't. When you get to use your own materials, tools, graphics/texture and such that is when you can claim Copyright as you actually used your own which then and only then can you claim Copyright. Using tools provided with nothing but your own thoughts does not fall under Copyright. Morally wrong yes but legally no, you wouldn't stand a chance in court if you went before a judge and claimed Copyright Infringement as you don't own anything in this game and have no legal rights to any part of it.

Apparently you have either not understood or just skimmed over what has been said.

First the Forum TOS states the ownership of created property in the forum to those who created it - if you care to read it. I have highlighted it.

Secondly, a DMCA, wouldn't be filed against the company, but the user who took someone else's work (automatically copyrighted when created) without authorization. Only the company and those liscensed have rights to it.

But please, back up your claim and show in the EULA where anyone but the company or the artist has a right to the content.

Guest Stefia

I did not said that iggy will stop room thieves... oh and I know that ghosts can enter your room... that's why I find this whole thread here very "funny"... I really can't see any pure victims here... as well as no pure aggressors.

A  lot of personal things matter here. How about to stop the whole accusation bullshit and start to have fun again? 

To open somebody else room is despise worthy (that's why I said put them on iggy) but also to enter a persons room who iggied you! 

So everybody stop the mud fight. It's annoying!

Mmm I will add is more between player must stop these battle to ask people to be quiet and dont ask me dont put the finger on the fails of 3DX team.... i pay these game and have a lot to be worry to see a system be hack  and customers create ghost to enter in iggy rooms....

Its perhaps annoying for you to read negatives opinion on the game team but the facts are here... All try find a solution but it wont be listen... You dont want cry to be steal you dont do deco see the level we come on these game.... You find normal we come on these conclusion? you dont want cry dont do deco, yes im sarcastic but lot of truth in... 

For my part ive give the vue ive on 3DX team clearly the situation is link to their work... They dont like mud they work properly its simple...

FOr the fun dont worry for me i dont need deco to have fun ive my wife and my friends and its what motivate me first in 3DX but isnt for these i will defend the game team or dont say anything ive live myself these situation to have been steal. And im not a designer.

Even if you can argue there is some form of legal protection, (and that's far from clear) nobody is going to sue re: copyright of rooms. That process would be way more complicated than it's worth, and costly too, with no certainty of success. And who would you sue? The game or the person whose identity you don't know? And which legal system would you rely on? Your own country's? The country of the person who stole the room but whose identity you are unaware of? Maybe the country where SGD is based? Or the server's location from where the room was taken?

C'mon, be real! End all this quasi-lawyer BS...it's not relevant to the real world.

That said, I read above someone deride the expectation of ethics in an essentially unethical game. Well being ethical is a personal choice so you can't pass the blame down the line to feel comfortable with decisions you make. Where ever you go, there you are.

It's a real shame people steal/copy rooms and I wish they didn't. Builders put a lot of effort into their creations and I totally understand their frustrations...

Apparently you have either not understood or just skimmed over what has been said.

First the Forum TOS states the ownership of created property in the forum to those who created it - if you care to read it. I have highlighted it.

Secondly, a DMCA, wouldn't be filed against the company, but the user who took someone else's work (automatically copyrighted when created) without authorization. Only the company and those liscensed have rights to it.

But please, back up your claim and show in the EULA where anyone but the company or the artist has a right to the content.

You have skimmed over what I wrote, I read what you have written and showed you exactly what you agree to.  I did state about the forum and it's content to which a user created and posts.  I guess you missed that in my reply to you.  Double check it next time before you try to have a go at someone who already shown what you're trying to mock in a previous post.  I clearly understand the laws of Copyright and Trademark as I make money with a business doing it as well as making money from doing it for games like SecondLife, IMVU, RLC and so on because of it and teach others how to make their own as well and how to protect themselves and the procedures to do when someone tries to steal their work.  Also when you create something outside and upload it into a game you the artist have all legal rights to take action with the game you've created it within the game itself using what they have given.

No the DMCA isn't file against the company, if you knew anything about how a DMCA works you have to file a complaint with the company that your copyrighted art was stolen from but here they don't have that why because they own everything in this game we do not.  So again Copyright laws do not apply here.  I'd suggest you get a hold of a Copyright lawyer and have them tell you exactly what I just have because a judge wouldn't even hear the case nor would a complaint be filed because you don't own anything within this game and agreed to it when you signed up.  Just like the artist can't take the content they made out of the game and use it somewhere else. 

I never said that anyone has a right to your rooms/content you created on here.  I actually think it's a trashy move to steal someone else's room and use it or give it out, but you missed that part that I wrote.  So I'll point out what Gizmo said about it.  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds/ His words not mine.

gizmo

Administrator

• photo-thumb-1.png?_r=1410957006
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 843 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

By saving your world on the game server, you must understand that it becomes public and available to all players. This means that your world can be downloaded, and also copied as any public information in the Internet.

If you do not agree that your world can be accessible to other players, then do not create your worlds in the World Editor.

You have skimmed over what I wrote, I read what you have written and showed you exactly what you agree to. I did state about the forum and it's content to which a user created and posts. I guess you missed that in my reply to you. Double check it next time before you try to have a go at someone who already shown what you're trying to mock in a previous post. I clearly understand the laws of Copyright and Trademark as I make money with a business doing it as well as making money from doing it for games like SecondLife, IMVU, RLC and so on because of it and teach others how to make their own as well and how to protect themselves and the procedures to do when someone tries to steal their work. Also when you create something outside and upload it into a game you the artist have all legal rights to take action with the game you've created it within the game itself using what they have given.

No the DMCA isn't file against the company, if you knew anything about how a DMCA works you have to file a complaint with the company that your copyrighted art was stolen from but here they don't have that why because they own everything in this game we do not. So again Copyright laws do not apply here. I'd suggest you get a hold of a Copyright lawyer and have them tell you exactly what I just have because a judge wouldn't even hear the case nor would a complaint be filed because you don't own anything within this game and agreed to it when you signed up. Just like the artist can't take the content they made out of the game and use it somewhere else.

I never said that anyone has a right to your rooms/content you created on here. I actually think it's a trashy move to steal someone else's room and use it or give it out, but you missed that part that I wrote. So I'll point out what Gizmo said about it. http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6198-accessibility-of-user-worlds/ His words not mine.

gizmo

Administrator

• photo-thumb-1.png?_r=1410957006
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 843 posts
  • Location3DXChat
Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

By saving your world on the game server, you must understand that it becomes public and available to all players. This means that your world can be downloaded, and also copied as any public information in the Internet.

If you do not agree that your world can be accessible to other players, then do not create your worlds in the World Editor.

So basically, you have skimmed over things and certainly you do not understand copyright. I suggest you cease acting like you do.

You didn't say the EULA doesn't say it entitles another to someone's created works because it simply doesn't. You are not the only one who has made money outside this game. You used RLC as an example, so that is a fine enough example.

RLC, provides textures as free use in say clothes making. Should someone use them in a certain order or erase a part of them, for another user to take that reordering MADE as their own as an exact replica - would be in violation of their created work and intellectual property. Should someone build a property using their props and another steals it as their own and redistrubutes it, that would also be a violation. I also am well aware how DMCA works. Both how it should and what to do if it doesn't.

No subscriber has a right to take another's work as their own here or anywhere, hence the DMCA law. You also conveniently omitted the acknowledgement in the forum TOS disclaimer of ownership of created materials.

As I have not had anything personally stolen, this theft issue isnt relevant to me. However, to those who have, the original creator of stolen created content my indeed demand removal of their content by those not authorized to possess it.

So basically, you have skimmed over things and certainly you do not understand copyright. I suggest you cease acting like you do.

Let me explain to you since you are assuming things about me.  I fully understand the laws of Copyright as I've actually filed a DMCA many times before and even had to take someone to court that lives in another country because of the counter claim which ended up in court.

https://www.copyright.gov/title17/

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html

https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

You didn't say the EULA doesn't say it entitles another to someone's created works because it simply doesn't. You are not the only one who has made money outside this game. You used RLC as an example, so that is a fine enough example.

I don't need to.  The EULA is clear about who has the rights to what is created in the game.  I said it several times that it's a trashy move never said it was right.  I didn't just use RLC I also used SecondLife, IMVU and so on as they differ from here and once again people seem to confuse this game for them and what must be followed when they are different due to the nature of the games.

RLC, provides textures as free use in say clothes making. Should someone use them in a certain order or erase a part of them, for another user to take that reordering MADE as their own as an exact replica - would be in violation of their created work and intellectual property. Should someone build a property using their props and another steals it as their own and redistrubutes it, that would also be a violation. I also am well aware how DMCA works. Both how it should and what to do if it doesn't.

So does IMVU and the likes of them as a starter to get going and give you an idea of how it will look. http://www.imvu.com/policy_hub/policy_hub.php http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Intellectual_Property https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/415713-linden-lab-goes-copyright-nuts/ https://www.utherverse.com/legal/ReportingDMCAComplaints.aspx  This explains what countries support the DMCA but don't have to follow as it's from the US.  So I'll point out this line from this site so you can understand it a little more clearer since you think I don't have a clue.  https://www.copyright.gov/reports/studies/dmca/dmca_executive.html  We also examined how other countries are addressing the applicability of the first sale - or exhaustion - doctrine to digital transmissions. We found that other countries are addressing digital transmissions under the communication to the public right and are not applying the principle of exhaustion, or any other analog thereof, to digital transmissions. Another bit of information for you, since I supposedly don't know what I'm talking about.  https://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl100.html You're going to want to finish reading that entire link as it makes it very clear about how it works.

International Copyright

There is no such thing as an “international copyright” that will automatically protect an author’s writings throughout the world. Protection against unauthorized use in a particular country depends on the national laws of that country. However, most countries offer protection to foreign works under certain conditions that have been greatly simplified by international copyright treaties and conventions. There are two principal international copyright conventions, the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (Berne Convention) and the Universal Copyright Convention (UCC).

No subscriber has a right to take another's work as their own here or anywhere  I agree with this never said I didn't, hence the DMCA law Does not apply to this game no matter how much we think it does. You also conveniently omitted the acknowledgement in the forum TOS disclaimer of ownership of created materials I didn't I clearly marked it as it's Sex Game Devil that does not any of us no matter what we do within the game because we don't create anything outside of the game using other software with other tools that aren't provided within this very game then upload it because we can't we can only use what we are given to use.

As I have not had anything personally stolen, this theft issue isnt relevant to me. However, to those who have, the original creator of stolen created content my indeed demand removal of their content by those not authorized to possess it.  I've not either but I do know users that have, I don't agree with the theft of their builds nor will I ever say that's right because it's not.

I'm leaving this shit game. In few months later nobody will build by scare to see their room COPIED by assholes ( yes copied not stolen i must be careful my words ) by someone else. Only dirty builds without design for 3DX, no need to update tools editor ! 

Most of best builder leaving one by one 

Leaving soon as well.

Two of my rooms got copied already and shown in the 3DX-Trailer - under the copycat's name. Thank you for that.

Just going to fullfill a promise to a friend to finish one last room, then I'm out.

Not going to waste time on building awesome things if they get stolen and even promoted under a false name.

Watched this long enough.

Creations CAN be protected. Sexy Devil just chooses not too.

This isn't a value judgment that things are being done wrong. It is a simple statement of fact..

It CAN be done but they don't want that hassle, or don't have the time or desire. They would need to hire staff to investigate abuse and theft. I doubt the Devs have the time for that added burden. They can barely keep up as it is.

I don't see that happening in the near future -  but who knows.

I stated awhile ago, IF you do NOT want your room stolen do NOT make it public for all. IT WILL GET "STOLEN" (COPIED). Do you make money on the rooms you create? What is your goal in creating a room here? Are you going to copyright it so it can't be used in any other game, without you making money on it? IF that is your desire then you are here for the wrong reasons to begin with.

Now, you can keep pushing this issue to the point where Gizmo says the headaches and bitching are too much and goes back to the old rooms we had before room editor where no one complained about someone "stealing" because they were so basic. 

Ultimately, this is a SEX GAME NOT a build game The building is nice but seriously, why are you in this game? Socializing? Great... plenty of rooms to do that in, I know people who have built rooms and only open them for friends. I am NOT saying don't be creative BUT keep all this in perspective of what it is a SEX GAME.

You bitch about wanting a pose editor, but you are showing that you can't even handle a world editor without bitching and moaning "theft". So, you push to get the rooms policed so they aren't stolen but then the resources that could have gone to new clothes, new positions, etc... are spent trying to do the impossible. You can NOT have it both ways.

How much did you pay to "create your room"? OUR fees for the game are so we may play the game, have reliable servers and occasionally have upgrades. I am sure there are games where you can just build if that is what you are into. 

All that said, I am not trying to stifle anyone's creativity and artistry in building (I do enjoy well designed rooms). Most of the time though I don't even pay attention to whose room it is, just what is the crowd like, good people, socializing, having fun? People fighting and just nothing there except drama? 

Let's just have fun. There are far more things in this world that are far worse than a game's room being stolen. There are people starving and you are going to worry and cry about a room being stolen??? I'm sorry that is just very superficial. 

I stated awhile ago, IF you do NOT want your room stolen do NOT make it public for all. IT WILL GET "STOLEN" (COPIED). Do you make money on the rooms you create? What is your goal in creating a room here? Are you going to copyright it so it can't be used in any other game, without you making money on it? IF that is your desire then you are here for the wrong reasons to begin with.

Now, you can keep pushing this issue to the point where Gizmo says the headaches and bitching are too much and goes back to the old rooms we had before room editor where no one complained about someone "stealing" because they were so basic. 

Ultimately, this is a SEX GAME NOT a build game The building is nice but seriously, why are you in this game? Socializing? Great... plenty of rooms to do that in, I know people who have built rooms and only open them for friends. I am NOT saying don't be creative BUT keep all this in perspective of what it is a SEX GAME.

You bitch about wanting a pose editor, but you are showing that you can't even handle a world editor without bitching and moaning "theft". So, you push to get the rooms policed so they aren't stolen but then the resources that could have gone to new clothes, new positions, etc... are spent trying to do the impossible. You can NOT have it both ways.

How much did you pay to "create your room"? OUR fees for the game are so we may play the game, have reliable servers and occasionally have upgrades. I am sure there are games where you can just build if that is what you are into. 

All that said, I am not trying to stifle anyone's creativity and artistry in building (I do enjoy well designed rooms). Most of the time though I don't even pay attention to whose room it is, just what is the crowd like, good people, socializing, having fun? People fighting and just nothing there except drama? 

Let's just have fun. There are far more things in this world that are far worse than a game's room being stolen. There are people starving and you are going to worry and cry about a room being stolen??? I'm sorry that is just very superficial.

You really do not get it. And for those that liked your post... just shows they are all OK with this happening instead of trying to push for something to be done about it.

I don't mean any disrespect. And we all know what Gizmo said... believe me WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE SAID. there's no need to tell us again. 

Just because he chooses not to do anything doesn't mean that what is happening is acceptable. There are lots of conformists here. Many people that are perfectly happy being sheep and just going along with and doing exactly like they are told to do and graciously accepting everything as is, even when they know it's not right and should be changed. 

News flash for all of you... We are all paying customers. Our concerns should matter.

I don't mean any disrespect. And we all know what Gizmo said... believe me WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE SAID. there's no need to tell us again. 

Just because he chooses not to do anything doesn't mean that what is happening is acceptable. There are lots of conformists here. Many people that are perfectly happy being sheep and just going along with and doing exactly like they are told to do and graciously accepting everything as is, even when they know it's not right and should be changed. 

News flash for all of you... We are all paying customers. Our concerns should matter.

What am I not getting? You are in an art studio, the OWNER of the studio is providing you the tools to create and says, "Since I provided the tools you do NOT OWN the art. You can show it exclusively to friends OR you can show it to everyone and maybe forgeries come out.... THAT IS YOUR RISK. YOU DO NOT OWN THE ART.....

Can you take these rooms ANYWHERE ELSE? 

LOL, and to say I am a conformist shows you have NO CLUE who I am at all.

AGAIN, IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF LIFE CRYING OVER A GASH DAN GAME WHILE THERE ARE KIDS BEING RIPPED AWAY FROM THEIR PARENTS IN THIS NATION, WHILE THERE ARE MILLIONS IN THE WORLD STARVING, WHILE THERE ARE MILLIONS IN THIS WORLD WHO COULD EAT FOR A MONTH ON WHAT YOU PAY FOR THIS GAME FOR A MONTH... IS PATHETIC AND SHOWS YOU ARE A TRULY SMALL MINDED SELFISH INDIVIDUAL.

I'M SORRY, I AM GAD DANGED LUCKY TO HAVE THE MONEY TO PLAY THIS GAME AND BY GOD I AM NOT GOING TO BITCH ABOUT BEING PRIVILEGED. BUT CRY ALL YOU WANT... SHOW YOUR VANITY AND SELFISHNESS. 

Your arguement is irrelevent. No one has transferred their ownership. It is the same as if someone wrote a story in this forum. They have ownership instantly of it. The TOS disclaimer recognizes this. If you wish to think like a sheep.... by all means do.

But first some education.

You will see everyone has a liscense yo their work here. No one has made an assignment. SexyDevil has been given limited rights by the creator. This is standard in nearly all worlds. Without those rights, they cannot show them to other subscribers, or host video events inside created rooms.

Only the creator and SexyDevil have rights. No one else has a right to take jack shit - period.

What are the exceptions to the rule that the creator of a work owns the copyright?

Copyrights are generally owned by the people who create the works of expression, with some important exceptions:

If a work is created by an employee in the course of his or her employment, the employer owns the copyright.

If the work is created by an independent contractor and the independent contractor signs a written agreement stating that the work shall be “made for hire,” the commissioning person or organization owns the copyright only if the work is (1) a part of a larger literary work, such as an article in a magazine or a poem or story in an anthology; (2) part of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, such as a screenplay; (3) a translation; (4) a supplementary work such as an afterword, an introduction, chart, editorial note, bibliography, appendix or index; (5) a compilation; (6) an instructional text; (7) a test or answer material for a test; or (8) an atlas. Works that don’t fall within one of these eight categories constitute works made for hire only if created by an employee within the scope of his or her employment.

If the creator has sold the entire copyright, the purchasing business or person becomes the copyright owner.

Who owns the copyright in a joint work?

When two or more authors prepare a work with the intent to combine their contributions into inseparable or interdependent parts, the work is considered joint work and the authors are considered joint copyright owners. The most common example of a joint work is when a book or article has two or more authors. However, if a book is written primarily by one author, but another author contributes a specific chapter to the book and is given credit for that chapter, then this probably wouldn’t be a joint work because the contributions aren’t inseparable or interdependent.

The U.S. Copyright Office considers joint copyright owners to have an equal right to register and enforce the copyright. Unless the joint owners make a written agreement to the contrary, each copyright owner has the right to commercially exploit the copyright, provided that the other copyright owners get an equal share of the proceeds.

Can two or more authors provide contributions to a single work without being considered joint authors for copyright purposes?

Yes. If at the time of creation, the authors did not intend their works to be part of an inseparable whole, the fact that their works are later put together does not create a joint work. Rather, the result is considered a collective work. In this case, each author owns a copyright in only the material he or she added to the finished product. For example, in the 1950’s, Vladimir writes a famous novel full of complex literary allusions. In the 1980’s, his publisher issues a student edition of the work with detailed annotations written by an English professor. The student edition is a collective work. Vladimir owns the copyright in the novel, but the professor owns the annotations.

What rights do copyright owners have under the Copyright Act?

The Copyright Act of 1976 grants a number of exclusive rights to copyright owners, including:

reproduction right — the right to make copies of a protected work

distribution right — the right to sell or otherwise distribute copies to the public

right to create adaptations (called derivative works) — the right to prepare new works based on the protected work, and

performance and display rights — the rights to perform a protected work (such as a stageplay) or to display a work in public.This bundle of rights allows a copyright owner to be flexible when deciding how to realize commercial gain from the underlying work; the owner may sell or license any of the rights.

Can a copyright owner transfer some or all of his specific rights?

Yes. When a copyright owner wishes to commercially exploit the work covered by the copyright, the owner typically transfers one or more of these rights to the person or entity who will be responsible for getting the work to market, such as a book or software publisher. It is also common for the copyright owner to place some limitations on the exclusive rights being transferred. For example, the owner may limit the transfer to a specific period of time, allow the right to be exercised only in a specific part of the country or world, or require that the right be exercised only through certain media, such as hardcover books, audiotapes, magazines or computers.

If a copyright owner transfers all of his rights unconditionally, it is generally termed an “assignment.” When only some of the rights associated with the copyright are transferred, it is known as a “license.” An exclusive license exists when the transferred rights can be exercised only by the owner of the license (the licensee), and no one else — including the person who granted the license (the licensor). If the license allows others (including the licensor) to exercise the same rights being transferred in the license, the license is said to be non-exclusive.

The U.S. Copyright Office allows buyers of exclusive and non-exclusive copyright rights to record the transfers in the U.S. Copyright Office. This helps to protect the buyers in case the original copyright owner later tries to transfer the same rights to another party.

Transfers of copyright ownership are unique in one respect. Authors or their heirs have the right to terminate any transfer of copyright ownership 35 to 40 years after it is made.

Let me explain to you since you are assuming things about me.  I fully understand the laws of Copyright as I've actually filed a DMCA many times before and even had to take someone to court that lives in another country because of the counter claim which ended up in court.

https://www.copyright.gov/title17/

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html

https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

You didn't say the EULA doesn't say it entitles another to someone's created works because it simply doesn't. You are not the only one who has made money outside this game. You used RLC as an example, so that is a fine enough example.I don't need to.  The EULA is clear about who has the rights to what is created in the game.  I said it several times that it's a trashy move never said it was right.  I didn't just use RLC I also used SecondLife, IMVU and so on as they differ from here and once again people seem to confuse this game for them and what must be followed when they are different due to the nature of the games.

RLC, provides textures as free use in say clothes making. Should someone use them in a certain order or erase a part of them, for another user to take that reordering MADE as their own as an exact replica - would be in violation of their created work and intellectual property. Should someone build a property using their props and another steals it as their own and redistrubutes it, that would also be a violation. I also am well aware how DMCA works. Both how it should and what to do if it doesn't.So does IMVU and the likes of them as a starter to get going and give you an idea of how it will look. http://www.imvu.com/policy_hub/policy_hub.php http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Intellectual_Property https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/415713-linden-lab-goes-copyright-nuts/ https://www.utherverse.com/legal/ReportingDMCAComplaints.aspx  This explains what countries support the DMCA but don't have to follow as it's from the US.  So I'll point out this line from this site so you can understand it a little more clearer since you think I don't have a clue.  https://www.copyright.gov/reports/studies/dmca/dmca_executive.html  We also examined how other countries are addressing the applicability of the first sale - or exhaustion - doctrine to digital transmissions. We found that other countries are addressing digital transmissions under the communication to the public right and are not applying the principle of exhaustion, or any other analog thereof, to digital transmissions. Another bit of information for you, since I supposedly don't know what I'm talking about.  https://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl100.html You're going to want to finish reading that entire link as it makes it very clear about how it works.

International Copyright

There is no such thing as an “international copyright” that will automatically protect an author’s writings throughout the world. Protection against unauthorized use in a particular country depends on the national laws of that country. However, most countries offer protection to foreign works under certain conditions that have been greatly simplified by international copyright treaties and conventions. There are two principal international copyright conventions, the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (Berne Convention) and the Universal Copyright Convention (UCC).

No subscriber has a right to take another's work as their own here or anywhere  I agree with this never said I didn't, hence the DMCA law Does not apply to this game no matter how much we think it does. You also conveniently omitted the acknowledgement in the forum TOS disclaimer of ownership of created materials I didn't I clearly marked it as it's Sex Game Devil that does not any of us no matter what we do within the game because we don't create anything outside of the game using other software with other tools that aren't provided within this very game then upload it because we can't we can only use what we are given to use.

As I have not had anything personally stolen, this theft issue isnt relevant to me. However, to those who have, the original creator of stolen created content my indeed demand removal of their content by those not authorized to possess it.  I've not either but I do know users that have, I don't agree with the theft of their builds nor will I ever say that's right because it's not.

I can almost guarantee you, if someone made a Coca Cola room - especially if it was deprecating of Coca Cola and someone made Coca Cola aware, there would be DMCA REAL QUICk.

I'd also wager, that if an authorized Rep of Cocal Cola created a Coca Cola room and someone stole it and passed it off as their own...Coca Cola would come down like a hammer about that.

You really do not get it. And for those that liked your post... just shows they are all OK with this happening instead of trying to push for something to be done about it.

Its not a case of Ok with it happening. I'd rather it were not possible, but since Gizmo listed those rules 6 months ago, Its a case of I acknowledged and accepted the rules put forth and moved on.

Ive been against allowing the use of any hacks/mods, but it was made very clear very early on that they dont care, or because a large group on here liked the mods so much they allowed it, in turn allowing the hackers free reign. I would like it if they banned all use and tightened up the code so it were impossible to use any 3rd party mods or hacks.

I do agree with pan that some have taken it far too seriously and need to accept it or move on, as I cannot see any changes coming, just like our poses.

The world builder was perfect for me and my friends and still is, and brought us back to the game. As roleplayers, all the default maps except the beach are shit and are hopeless to do RP on, so being able to make the locales we want and for scenarios is awesome.