3DXChat Community

Pic contests judges are taking it personal

JuicyJina

Guest Twiggy

To be completely honest, I don't even bother with contests in these forums for very similar reasons to what this post is all about.

I know I am not very well liked in these forums and that there would likely be a certain amount of "oh it's twiggy, not going to vote for her" go on.

Not saying it would always be there, but there would always be a good chance of it.

Right or wrong, that is how I feel and is the reason I don't enter any of these competitions.

It's just a part of life in anything, popularity can count in more ways than people realize.

People often don't even realize they are doing it, that who it is can influence how they see the entry.

It's only human nature I guess, if they are good friends with a person, they will see all the good things in an entry, if they don't like the person they will notice all the bad.

Not meaning to belittle anyone here or point any fingers as i don't know who the judges are in this.

Just pointing out how I feel.

I know I am not very well liked in these forums and that there would likely be a certain amount of "oh it's twiggy, not going to vote for her" go on.

Sorry for those who didn't like you, it's not my case about you, cause I like mostly everything of you

Love ya ;) xxx

I like you Twiggy! That's what Jasmine was saying in an earlier post but it got lost in her usual sarcasm. The judges are human and humans are biased. Ofc if its a close call between a few SSs the judges are going to go with their friends or people they like better than others...let's have a royal commission into the judging ;p

i only saw one real artist here,

Really? Only one!? Pffff...and what about me with my Rock 'n' Roll music? what about those players coming here not only for submitting graphic arts, photoshops or whatever else ,but for role playing and creation for dev's to put in game,I know lot of talented people here.Just saying

post-5159-0-23128400-1465489129_thumb.jpg

Alright, so what im taking from all these replies is basically that people mostly want 3 places for both categories, so ill try and ask gizmo if thats possible, if not then perhaps a equal split would be possible with 2 places for each category.

And Akali, there were 4 judges this month and have been every month, just only one of the original 4 is in the current 4 :)

Thank you for clearing it up for me dear :)

JuicyJina, on 02 Aug 2016 - 6:45 PM, said:

daria please, i didnt insult tauri, read my post and then accuse

Daria yes! Her picture was amazing and her photoshopping is the best I have seen here, and dont know why you have to even throw shade at someones pictures like that with your comment saying "Daria Please" but your opinion is your OPINION i guess.

Anyways let me reword it then.....not attacking Tauri but attacking the judges! mah bad! Me sooo sowwy! (See Below) Just bc you THINK yours deserved to win dont mean it shouldve. There were MANY MANY wonderful photos and we all prob thought ours should have won but judges and votes are the final say so take the salt and go put it on some food or something.

JuicyJina, on 02 Aug 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

I think the judges that are judging the pic contests are taking it personal, i dont know if they know me cuz they are "anonymous" but its not fair, i got higher rate of likes on my pics and its not even mentioned in the winners list nor the honorable mentions... really? i know my work and its not bullshit.. you know what is bullshit? you & your decisions! you have no taste in art go find something else to do better than sitting on your asses thinking that u know anything!

Guest SayaX

I really like your pics Jina, in fact you took some for me which I still use on my profile in game.

However, when it comes to anything in life, there will always be bias, there will always be favourites when it comes to things like jobs and competitions. It is usually who you know, not what you know sort of thing. I wouldn't take it to heart. I have entered a few, but I am not exactly flavour of the month with admins, devs :D . Winning really doesn't bother me though. I would prefer to remain objective and outspoken rather than towing the company line to win a few Xgold (plus the small issue of I am really quite shit at taking 3DX pics and I have zero creative skills :P )

True, you can be creative. You can be creative at taking screenshots, parking your car in garage, taking out the trash, cooking, can be creative in bed etc. Art is creating something what you can see with your own eyes and say that you wont see the same again ever. (not my words, but not throwing in famous artists names ) , All im trying to say, the Screenshot contest is a good idea , ppl can do a competition about " Who can take the prettiest screenshot "....just lets not say its Art. Creative? Yeah ok, i give her that, just stop crying lol. Art? Not even close.

It's art whether you like it or not. Especially the edited / Photoshopped works but the screenshots too. If even one person thinks of it as art, it is art. You thinking it doesn't count as art doesn't matter. It's still art. Why do you even care?

If anyone would like a completely biased and subjective opinion of their art or screenies or personality or looks or fashion sense or anything else I'm always available. And don't worry. Even if I know nothing about the subject matter, I'm sure I have an opinion. That's jus how I roll.

If you don't like something about me tho, please keep it to yourself. Like I said before, I'm really fucking sensitive.

Xo mfers!

OMFG!!!! First of all Twiggy I Like ya, so get over it,...lol..:P sorry peeps known her for a few years now , and she rocks. .Second OMG!!! That was a lot of back and fourth Blah Blah I just read..People they are all great pics... get over it. .I think it's cool that this idea, came about in the first place, for all our community to show and express ones creative Artistic talents.. so I have to say Cudos to the Devs for even coming up with the idea in the first place. .Now enough with the political, back and fourth hot potato... many expressed good points on both sides, that's what I Love about this community, it is a place we're one can express ones Views and opinions freely, but we also have to get over the seriousness of this game,screw the political correctness and just enjoy it as it should be enjoyed, as A game for fun, fantasy and entertainment..I hate to say it but Not everyone will be content, but we must try and enjoy it as best we can, and keep building with positive ideas together a greater game for the good of all players.

Thank you for clearly it up for me dear :)

Daria yes! Her picture was amazing and her photoshopping is the best I have seen here, and dont know why you have to even throw shade at someones pictures like that with your comment saying "Daria Please" but your opinion is your OPINION i guess.

Anyways let me reword it then.....not attacking Tauri but attacking the judges! mah bad! Me sooo sowwy! (See Below) Just bc you THINK yours deserved to win dont mean it shouldve. There were MANY MANY wonderful photos and we all prob thought ours should have won but judges and votes are the final say so take the salt and go put it on some food or something.

Look, i dont know what you want and i dont care about what you want, no one asked your opinion darling sorry...

I hate getting involved to these wonderful threads and convos on forum, but Art is something you dudes (prolly few girls too ) talking about and i just cant stop my hands. First of all this contest and all what it represents has nothing to do with Art,....might be a missunderstanding there...I've been here for years and i only saw one real artist here, she was called CrazyAli...(not sure if she is still here or not ). What you guys doing , and including JuicyGina or Jina whatever ...are screenshots of your avatars from a low-detailed sexgame, where everybody looks nearly the same. You dont do Art here, you just cant :) Nothing offensive, but that contest has been made to entertain ppl, not to find your secret artsy talents. You might have, .....Go and find it in real! (well, quiet honestly, i would not bother if i was you ) Art is about creating or capturing moments...this a 3d sexgame, you cant create here, you cant capture moment, everything is pixeled, nothing is real, so you cant create real art. Get used to it . Secondly ....even (lets say what you guys do is Art :o ) if think you are good, but you did not win a contest....try to be cool, walk away and keep your opinions to yourself, but posting about losing is not something what's going to take you to the first place in the next contest. 

Well i am sorry if i ruined anybodys 3dx dreams. I did not mean to :) Good Luck ...in whatever you do. 

Art can be anything which has no purpose other than itself, no function. Sorry for getting all philosophical and that....

the answer is pretty simple, because i felt like it.  You seem to be suffering from the same affliction as others here who think you are the only one who can have an opinion. then when someone doesnt agree you bring out the "nobody asked for your opinion"  Simple fact of the matter is this, nobody asked for yours either but you have that right to say whatever you want, just as Akali  does or anyone else. 

as long as i dont get insulted then i dont have no problem but when people such as urself and akali come up here thinking you have the right to talk about me then i will have to fire back.... conversation over...

I think the judges that are judging the pic contests are taking it personal, i dont know if they know me cuz they are "anonymous" but its not fair, i got higher rate of likes on my pics and its not even mentioned in the winners list nor the honorable mentions... really? i know my work and its not bullshit.. you know what is bullshit? you & your decisions! you have no taste in art go find something else to do better than sitting on your asses thinking that u know anything!

thats up to you.... community full of haters

as long as i dont get insulted then i dont have no problem but when people such as urself and akali come up here thinking you have the right to talk about me then i will have to fire back.... conversation over...

I'm Kindly requesting the Admins to delete this thread... i opened it for adults to discuss and turned out that i was talking to children who use insult as power of talking...

You deleted your OP ...  but luckily or not, a few quoted it.

No offense, but when you start of this topic with insults, directed at a community as a whole, doesn't matter if you target only the judges, but as long as you don't know who they are, you are targetting everyone.

Had you worded yourself differently, the response you got woulda been different. I don't know about you, but that's not how I start an adult conversation, with a rant made out of frustration, insulting others.

That was exactly what often happened in second life during various sim contests, that people would bring in their friends to vote. So it often ended with people who knew most or had most friend to vote who won, rather than objectively best costume or etc depending on the contest. In end it ruined events at many clubs because many stopped entering contest because they became biased to popularity rather than winning quality.

Before anyone start to bite my head off i am not saying that it's the case here, but it certainly make the possibility for it if you have a forum like based system.

you are totally right about SL contests , very few clubs had a fair crowd . The one where i was stripping was one who had a fair crowd and contests was always the occasion for dancers ( stripers ) to earn a lot of money . A lot of peoples was tiping me to have my vote at the end of the contest , but personally i was always voting for the best costume .

Ps : for the ones who still play SL , take a look in the Rubber Room ( if it still exist , not sure after soon 2 years out of SL )