3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.0 Discussion/Suggestions

jenie

I don't know if this is allready reported for the beta.

I found the light functions very nice. Love the way to get ambient lightning.

When I tested:

No sound (moaning on key 1 and 2), are working.

The "Shift Z" only removes the menus. Not the avatar names, as it does in version 1.

And some questions.

Will there be more clothing?

More positions?

More features that is connected to XGold?. I can't see anywhere what is possible to do with XGolds (more than beer).

Anyway, keep up the good work. This is the best chat graphics and play I ever seen on the net.

BR

Wolfie

Guest Twiggy

The "Shift Z" only removes the menus. Not the avatar names, as it does in version 1.

There is a new setting in the controls that allows you to remove the avatar names without removing the GUI, so I guess those 2 things are now done separately.

Being able to remove the avatar names without removing the GUI was something that had been asked for many times.

Anyway, for now the lights effects seems to be pretty cool (just had a quick tour) .

Day/night option is a great option save the fact that eatch people in the room have the choice, it is not "owner" controled :

- Public rooms ( clubs, boat, ect) = user choice

- User created room = owner choice

some "social" pose might be cool too :

- formal hand shakes

- barman/barmaid pose(s), we con start it with a "slow dance" like request (clic on server avatar and launch the request) ??

I would like to be able to go to the yacht at night, it feels really cozy there at night  :wub:

...And set it to night just for myself is kinda pointless for me so it's not an option (at least when going some place alone).

i would prefer having two instances of the boat (and other places) and when one is day the other is night.

I would make a 3dxchat time, so in public rooms the light would automatically switch from day to night.

The user could also change it at his/her desire. But it would be lovely and useful for setting dates.

In the private rooms, also when shared, I would make the owner the commander of the lights for everyone. And of course people could change it in their viewers, but when they enter in the room, the light would be already set.

This would be useful also for rp and for clubs, shared by private users.

Kiss

Nion

Guest Twiggy

There seems to be a bit of discussion going on about how the day/night thing needs to be set.

I agree that it should remain the users choice but do have a suggestion for both public locations and our rooms.

There should be a default for public locations, so anyone landing there will see the same time of day as anyone else landing, anyone wanting to change can then use their own setting to do so. 

For our rooms, the default should be set by the room owner and anyone who enters the room then sees it in what has been set by the room owner, and again they then have the choice to use their own setting.

I like these ideas, but I'd rather fix what's not working first and then have them maybe look at some additional features :')

This is a suggestions discussion thread though, I'd say this is pretty much the place to discussion future features and tweaks to how it runs.

Bug fix thread is over yonder: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/3237-3dxchat-20-beta-bug-tracker/

Guest Twiggy

I like these ideas, but I'd rather fix what's not working first and then have them maybe look at some additional features :')

I can appreciate what you are saying Trena and do agree that things that are not working need to be put 1st.

I think there are other reasons why people have brought up the day/night settings and it is something that may need to be addressed as the devs work on finishing V2.

The devs will also likely be working in areas where scripting and such they will need to address for the day/night settings will be worked on for other reasons, to fix some bugs for instance.

So having it sorted out what will be needed for settings may be useful as they work in that area.

There had been a huge amount of discussion on day/night and how it should be setup for a long time now, it is a big feature in V2 and getting it right will be important.

Lisa had also commented on how it may be set up, so saying we are trying to get them look at additional features I think is a little unfair.

I know you are just giving your opinion and it is appreciated, but in a sense it is also saying you feel that for now people should not be giving ideas on features.

I wouldn't like to have people feel they shouldn't be adding ideas to improvement on features or even new features until things are fixed.

Fixing things not working and bugs are the most important things yes, but please lets not get into what seems to often happen in here and start suggesting we should not give our ideas and suggestions.

Body art in general, like tattoos, freckles, piercings, glitter ...

Absolutely. Would love to see tatts introduced. People have been asking for them for a long while. Piercings for sure! Glitter would be great too I guess, 2.0 seems to have better lighting effects.

A sliding scale for freckles would rock. Add them to any skintone, with 3 graduations.

1) Light sprinkle over the nose

2) Facial freckles/shoulders

3 ) Full body

Freckles are sooooper cute! 

I can appreciate what you are saying Trena and do agree that things that are not working need to be put 1st.

I think there are other reasons why people have brought up the day/night settings and it is something that may need to be addressed as the devs work on finishing V2.

The devs will also likely be working in areas where scripting and such they will need to address for the day/night settings will be worked on for other reasons, to fix some bugs for instance.

So having it sorted out what will be needed for settings may be useful as they work in that area.

There had been a huge amount of discussion on day/night and how it should be setup for a long time now, it is a big feature in V2 and getting it right will be important.

Lisa had also commented on how it may be set up, so saying we are trying to get them look at additional features I think is a little unfair.

I know you are just giving your opinion and it is appreciated, but in a sense it is also saying you feel that for now people should not be giving ideas on features.

I wouldn't like to have people feel they shouldn't be adding ideas to improvement on features or even new features until things are fixed.

Fixing things not working and bugs are the most important things yes, but please lets not get into what seems to often happen in here and start suggesting we should not give our ideas and suggestions.

I see what you mean.. I apologize for wording my comment poorly. I would never tell anyone not to suggest ideas for future features and other things of that nature. I love reading suggestions because it makes me truly believe that this community is super close, and that they really care for the future state of 3DX. That's what a lot of games lack. I love this community and I wish to see it thrive even more so than it is now. For anyone that feels like I have offended them by my previous comments I apologize, because it wasn't meant to offend. It was just me being my derpy opinionated self.. Thank you Twiggy and LizAra for helping me realize my mistake, and Thanks to all who do suggest ideas for 3DX because I know those ideas will benefit everyone, even if most of them don't get implemented.

Only thing I like about the 2.0 beta is the Reflections, Time of Day sets , Scenery Background, and the new objects on The WishPearl .  Everything else is rather drab.. the colors are washed out ( black looks brown) and the details are not as good as the Original.

Only thing I like about the 2.0 beta is the Reflections, Time of Day sets , Scenery Background, and the new objects on The WishPearl .  Everything else is rather drab.. the colors are washed out ( black looks brown) and the details are not as good as the Original.

In that case,  we can still playing the old version i think. Did you returned back to it? ppl still playing in the old version or you may play alone if you do so?