3DXChat Community

[Poll] Ignore System

Gizmo

301 members have voted

1. 1. What is better?

• Account wide block, I don't care if anybody find my alt characters
    • Character block (no one can find your alts)
    • Only one character per account

Hmmm ... with the new patch , i suppose i will be harrassed for little more time . No matter , i'm used to it now after one year . lol

If in one year he/she (point her ex best friend) dont understand he/she cant break the couple i do with jeanette , it mean he/she is low minded :D

The good point of the patch of today is that avatars ignored can still be visible with one of the options , so maybe there will be less "witch hunt" than before .

Well anyway , agreeing with the patch or disagreeing , this time we can't say that devs took ages to "solve" the "problem" :)

Ps : congratz for the winners of the poll :D 

oh last thing , when will we recover our black list ? The patch didn't give it back and my cemetery looks empty without all these dead peoples ^,..,^

As I understand we have to collect again... but that's ok if we now find some improvements to the existing new / old system :)

Maybe we can use custom GlobalAccountHandle, not an email address...

I dont really see the utility with the wide account ignore option . If people meet an hmmm ... a bad person (lets say) , and they ignore him/her , they will not see him/her . And if someone they have in ignore come annoy them again , it will be with another account and so , with another GlobalAccountHandle thing .

it dont give a solution against it, if someon want mindfuck he can do it in much ways,

or just buy a new or second account. now is the old  ignore system back

so i think it should give no more much problems.

just stay away from dramas, be friendly and enjoy this nice place :)

real life have enough drama

kind regards

Daria 

Account wide ignore is back. That should cover enough troubles. Whether you block #1, #2 or #3, you are now again rid of all 3

Against multi accounts, there is no easy way to counter it, it can be bypassed in many ways, as gizmo has pointed out.

About any new systems you want to implement, it's bound to drama, however you look at it. Whether it's color coding the alts, or giving hints on profiles, or anything else... It will be the haves and the haves not. It will create even more secluded groups and separations within the community than we have already. Some say it will restore trust, I say it will add a feeling of distrust even more,  against whoever doesn't fit in the right category according to each and everyone.

At the risk of being repetitive, someone who wants to hurt you, will always find a way, but turning 3dxchat into 3dxmilitarycamp, will not help anyone.

Keep in mind that you are on the internet, and act accordingly. Giving trust is one thing, but being blind and wishing for a wonderland is a whole other story.

Ps : Thank you devs for the quick patch.

i already say it in another thread :x, but a rate system is also a realy bad idea, and will introduce a new bully way, like a whole family harrasing someone they dont like by ratting him badly etc... i see that already

not if you have to pay lets say the 2000 someone suggested or even more ? if you really think that person is bad for others you will pay to make aware next person he encounter but a family going out bullies a guy and all loose they're gold and even to be banned from the game for a period of time for bulling  if that can be added in t&c even more better. What you say about that? not affects the rplayers, or anyone else and that is that or even the meter gouge to be connected to the ignore counter on how many ignores you get you get a lil more bad Karma in meter. If you want there are ways but again what i see here is people do what nazy do with Jews put a star and mark the ones different than them. 

Edit  to change the word German with nazy as not all Germans were OK with them ...

with the return of the ignore wide account, that useless, now the problem left is the multi account one, but that hard to make something again that ^^

It wouldn't be useless. The GlobalAccountHandle idea would give accountability to people who may not necessarily be on your ignore list, such as friends who interact with you on an alt without letting you know they already know you on another character.

I think it's something this game should have had from the beginning. Sadly it didn't, so doing it now would probably create huge backlash. People love their no accountability stay anonymous alts.

I realize a lot of people like to sometimes be anonymous and play an alt which won't be getting messages from all their friends. I used to use alts like this when I first started the game, to sort of escape. If you are someone who enjoys using alts to escape, and you feel you use them innocently, the question becomes whether or not it is worth it to you to keep that anonymity on alts if that means other people not on your ignore list can interact with you / get close to you without you ever knowing they are the same account / person. I personally would take the GlobalAccountHandle + alt accountability.

I just want to know what can help to protect players from mindfuckers who used alts. Maybe a feature that allows you to look up alts at any account? Just asking)

The best protection would offer the possibility to identify the same account, e.g. bye account name (Veronique [AccountX]) or by stating the ava of the account you already have on your fl (xVeroniquex [Veronique]). The downside on this is that many people here consider that as a severe intervention in their privacy. If this is justified or not is another topic, but I respect that many don't want that.

The alternative would be a system to tag avas, either:

- if you already have an alt on your friendship, like by a note in the profile or a sign on an name ("You already know this player" or "Veronique*")

- if it is a 2nd ava. players would have to devine one ava as main, e.g. the 1st in the list. could be change ONCE when activating this system. then the other avas could be marked with a different color, a [RP]-tag, a star, whatsoever. 

both cases wouldn't reveal the main but warn you to be careful with that player.

Cheers

Can we just keep things like it was before? It's not wonderland. I've been the target of a few mindgamers. I handled it and I'm still alive. I know this is very annoying. But people have the right to be anonymous. I do roleplay with my alts and my friends of my main avi know that. They understand I want to stay anonymous with my alts and they didn't try to find them. I don't want to bother my friends or them to bother me when i'm roleplaying. That is just simple. Everyone needs a bit of privacy. Sadly, a few mindfuckers will used that to bully other players

Edit : Thanks to the devs for the new update :).

Personally I found that you guys want to block the person, not the character. Also it's funny, someone said "Devs don't try to be a babysitters. Work on the game updates." Haha so true.

Thanks to all of you. All we want is to make 3DXChat community better.

I also learned about the so-called mindfuckers. If I understand correctly these players use alts in order to hurt other people here, right?

They do not always think so.  My main 'mindfucker' did it to get close to me and the people i care about.  Or this is my opinion.  The did it out of a perverse love and still don't seem to realize the extent of their betrayal  :(

And they did it with money.  Any solution that puts money as a road block is extremely flawed in my opinion.

Thanks for listening and talking gizmo and the quick action!  :)

Love, dee!

Sorry what I mean is I found to many of them were not new players at all, just someone had made an alt and trying things on me.

I ended up not being very welcoming as i would be looking out for signs and even asking questions in an effort to find out if it was just an alt, then having to try and explain why I was like that and not turn them off the game.

In the finish i ended up mostly just not answering pms from people I didn't know.

Understand you . I usually keep pretending as if nothing happened and go on . Not worried about the time usually cuz still nothing to do . No billiards with multiplayer , no bowling  :rolleyes: 

I am happy to hear you have never had to deal with real harassment here in this game, ExHaran, but let me tell you about an experience I had here. I was talking with some friends one night and got a private message from a person that had read my character's bio. Like you, I am an avid role player. I don't play video games to play at real life relationships. But the person who read my profile decided that I was in fact looking for just that. A simple flirtatious conversation slowly got creepier and creepier with the player asking more and more real life relationship type questions. I brushed the person off and stopped responding to their character. 

About an hour later, a different character strikes up a conversation with me, I reply back, things seem pretty normal, fairly normal conversation and then the player starts talking about how I started ignoring them on their other character, how I ran away from the room I had been in and was probably a homosexual man trying to trick lesbians into having cyber sex with them. Which.. I mean, wtf? Right? There are so many things wrong with that thought it's not even worth responding to... So, I put the player on ignore. Problem solved right?

A few minutes after I ignored the player, someone says to me, look in world chat. I click the tab and a different player is now bad mouthing me in world chat referencing things said in my private chats with the ignored player, see, the player logged on to a different account to continue the harassment. Oh course, I reported it. Automatically ignoring the player's second account. A few of my friends jumped to my defense in world, and I thought problem solved. 

A few minutes later another character comes up to me in a publicly open private room, starts up a very familiar conversation in private messages, almost exactly like the first player, but I don't freak out, I figure it can't really be the same person... And then, the crazy comes out, the person goes on and on about how I am a homosexual male trying to trick lesbians into having cyber sex... Again, I mean, wtf? Same person, on a third account harassing me. So I ignore again.

I spent the next week, I'd say being harassed by the person, they would follow me any time I logged on and send private messages to people I was near to warning them that I was a sexual predator. I finally lost the person's interest and they went after another player here. I know quite a few people, most of them fellow role players who have run ins with this person who still posts here on different accounts.

I can tell you for a fact, in the ignore by character system you are so hot for, this person and people like them will not stop logging in characters to harass people. They get off on exploiting loop holes like this. 

Understand your situation . I was in same situation few month . Some group of players came into my "room for all" under alts . Some of them joined in a loving relationship with my girls (who was in role of brothel girl) and a week later took my girls one after the other . Ok , I had 80 names in the brothel list , 10 left . No problem , i can just say - "Be happy and all the best , lovers" . Some reached high ranks in the family , become managers of family parties ,made copies of my rooms and went . Someone tried to marry meSomeone tried to humiliate , screaming in chat bad words in my address , flew to ban . Someone tried to prove to me and to my team that I have someone to copy/hunting etc , hunted me down , figured my alts at a time when "ignore system" was broken and it was impossible . Someone tried to convince me that I was a mad 3dx moderator in the past . Someone shouted that I was the daughter of the persian sheikh . And many , many shitty situations was . What doesn't break us , makes us stronger .

I just want to say that ignore function will not help if the attacker  with a lot of money to buy new accounts . But the new system like a new progress in the community , like a small ray of light in our community . In all civilized countries, has long been the law on the protection of confidential information . Someone worried about our peaceful and comfortable existence . Same here .  Roleplayers  feel the drama as everyone , because the attackers will harm everyone , roleplayer you or not . You know it . And the old system helps them in this way . It would be nice to keep all the best and throw out the worst .

At least current poll result giving me a lot of hope that we will return to 3dxCHAT very soon and not stay for too long in 3dxUNTRUST, 3dxNERVERENDINGBULLY or seomthing like that. There is a clear majority in official vote.

Funny thing: usually the one crying loudest for 110% privacy are the ones that have to hide most for very good reasons.

At same time I can see now from at least one person here a big abuse of the word "roleplay".

I already forgot when I saw real men who speaks as men and not afraid of it . Only hopes , hints and cryes :)

have a good day .