3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

When I arrived on 3DX there are about seven months, I found the opportunity to be someone other than myself.

At the beginning I was very excited by the situation quickly, have a hard report.

But quickly my romantic side has taken over my hard side that longer really excites me.

Since about three months I prefer to have a sensual relationship and an accomplice side with people whom I appreciatethan to have a purely hard relationship.

I am much more excited by this kind of relationship in real, so I prefer to be me even here to show my good side and have fun around me.

Excusez-moi Pour mon anglais

Guest jowie

hmmm .. difficult to explain ... but i give it a try .

i am a female mind in a male body , so you will see me in an female avi in the game .

Does this mean i RP ?  

answer : Nope , this is who i am .

in the very beginning , some 9 1/2 months ago , i started in an male avi , but due to personal circumstances ( not very talkative , timid character ) and the fact back then about 3/4 of the male avi's where just jerks , i was pretty much alone in the game .

This made me decide to be who i am now in the game .

A female avi , female mind , but in rl Male .

greets jowie

I suppose it's complicated, depending on exactly how you mean what you're asking. I play as myself, but I engage in a lot of activity that I wouldn't do in real life world. If you talk to me, I'll tell you who I am, but yes, I enjoy the free and relentless pursuit of uninhibited sexuality that I wouldn't dare participate in, outside of the game. So, I'm playing myself, but doing things I wouldn't normally do. If that makes any sense...

it does ;)

I play both as myself AND role-play with another character. That character tends to change every once in a while. I usually create them to do some deep RP and delete them when the story I am playing has run its course.

To me, that's the great thing about 3dxchat, people can express themselves how they want.

If you bump into TanyaTS, that's me by the way, so feel free to chat and talk about life in general.

Would proudly say I'm both myself and several characters. I notice that as soon as I start playing a character(nomatter gender) I do put some of myself in to it. Just like different actors would play the same role abit differently. Same goes for playing instruments. People develop their own touch. The character Morris which I play would be closest to myself, when it comes to appearance. But still appearance in this case wouldn't be very important.

My answer would be; Yes. I play as myself. I am myself(afterall).

No matter what character you play, let your personality shine through in beautiful color tones. Whatever you think fit the setting (:

I do not play myself ingame... well kinda...

My character is fictional with fictional location and backstory wich has been carried over from other games I play. The reason for that is simple. I want to keep my privacy for reasons I dont want to go in detail with (My friends know why)

That doesent mean it isnt really me. I see my self as actor and I play my character as it would be me. The style and look is somewhat similar... the way the characters talks & acts is similiar and the character has the same fantasies and desires as me.

Why I play a fictional character then instead of beeing myself? For roleplay purpose and staying anonymus. I love to roleplay. I love to play someone else and add various elements of myself into the character. It sharpens the mind and also the roleplayskills.

I do tell people though. When they ask me details, as example were excactly I live in Seattle or if I hate the rain in Seattle right now, or even if they ask me about the Sea Hawks. I do know something about the region I pretend to live in but I tell people straight away that I am not really from Seattle, WA but I wish I were. And thats were interesting convos start at most.

People that cant stand the way I play the game, its totally up to you to avoid me. I have found a couple of friends in this game and everyone of them knows that the information filled out in my character sheet is just fictional.

So yeah honesty very important. Yet its a game after all and I always say "Why should I be limiting myself to the terms of the real world out there. Why you need to be you when you can be who you want" but everyone has different opinions on that. I just want that people respect the ways other people play "their" game. Of course if it creates drama and pain its not really ok... but as said: Honesty keeps drama away or at least to a minimum.

I play as myself. I have also tried to take a day to stay in character with my alt Raynnn. I am not one to stay in character for a long time. Kudos to those who can be on all the time. My goofy ass personality comes out at some point and I may just bust out laughing at something my character said. I also like to role play with my main, Cam in some role, same rule applies. Just have fun.

it seems most play themselves these days......RP can only do so much  :)

Playing as ourselves dont mean we dont RP . I'm not a vampire in real but , as i'm a gothic girl , i RP a vampire in game . ( and i know someone which adore this hihih )

Here is another facet some may be negating in their replies. So I shall have at it in part. Reality online is largely subjective, especially of the self. For many reasons. Some may consider they are being themselves. When in truth they are being far from it. You might call this reality 2.0 to keep it within brevity. They add a twist of fiction amidst their reality. Does it make them any less real? Yes it does, they are fictions, simple RP elements. On another can one be the real them online? Yes and no. Yes if they are projecting their real self online. No in the form that your reality is conveyed in full online. No matter how well you project, how clear you are. Your actual reality is only known to yourself, and only at a fraction to others. In a way this still lends itself to fiction. As then one can show only parts of themselves to another. Parts that may garner attention, love, bonding. Though their true self may be of a far different kind.

Can you be yourself? When have people ever been themselves? Been real? If most people online or in real life did this. We would not have as many broken relationships. Real with someone else comes only after years of knowing them in real life. And you can never truly know someone online to conclude this. To say otherwise is a wonderful fiction in of itself.

And this is only covering some aspects. From played up realities, to fragmented realities, subjective realities and so on.

For me as long as you are nice, and enjoy a good chat I'll chat back. Will I woefully be blinded by sweet or kind words, no. Sweet and kind also come with time. Same with genuinely knowing that fraction they wish to share. Does it mean we ever know their real self online, no. Its improbable. Some might say I am negative or see the darker side of things. I call it seeing reality for what it really is.

- SweetHeather / JulieDark

I, myself personally play as myself in game, the Ash you know in game is the Ash I am in real life. I don't see a point in pretending to be something your not interms of a deceiving way, but everyone has their fantasies and I don't mind people not playing as themselves, some people play as others to hide their real life identity, some play as someone else in game to get away from their real selves. To me, I don't mind people playing as other people with their fantasies but I do ask of one thing and that is honesty, I do not take kindly to people who lie. That is one thing I cannot deal with, liars, if people want to play as someone else then I expect them to state that first or if there is truly a guy behind the female avatar I expect them to tell me before anything happens. I have seen people live a lie in this game and it's caused many problems for others when they find out the truth.

okay, how to say it?

i do not 'play' - i am myself

but if someone does 'play' who am i to judge?

honestly?

you know this is a minefield:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/992-how-many-of-you-guys-thought/

just my 2 cents you know

hmmm .. difficult to explain ... but i give it a try .

i am a female mind in a male body , so you will see me in an female avi in the game .

Does this mean i RP ?  

answer : Nope , this is who i am .

same here as most of all u know! 2 of them in me and even looooong time before startn here in july!!

and since december now, whow im fuked, now also with both of me, also here in the game *headshot*

and the rest of the story you can read in this minefield here <--

but whoever of us 2 is met online here, be it sis chaostika or bro kyuss: we / i dont "play"....i am me: 24/7!

but that wasnt always the best idea to do in here <--

sure i also rp sometimes, but for the game situation itself but not on people and their hearts and feelings and always

remember, you don't ever know who you may meet in here and just because a person may not be dressed up at all that fancy or have a other gender than u expect, don't mean they're not an important person. you just don't ever know, who you're gonna meet in 3DX and sometimes in life and so that's why i look at everybody as equal. can't just judge. i treat everybody with respect. every man, every woman, whatever your religion, skincolour or gender may be, or how you feel like best on your inside of yourself, or on the outside of your char! i really couldn't care less what or who you are and even if you were an alien with three titts and four arms, cause it's you, the person behind the keyboard that counts and not some freakn, buggy pixels! but, and just like my bro always says, if it comes to love and friendships, you should know how to pronounce and write words like honesty!

so with me or to me, and i also speak for my bro, be real and say what you feel, or just dont fucking say it at all!!!

8vmw3pt76q.jpg

At first people come here for the sexual aspect, but remain for the social aspect (in most cases), with that I'd assume it would be hard not to inject your real self into your avi. But then again, everyone is different, and that's perfectly alright, as long as everyone respects each other.

One's freedom ends where another's begin, is what we should keep in mind

SweetHeather.

I quite agree with you in principle, of course 3DX is not on our lives, but you can not obscured as a portion of our feelings and our way of being gained the upper hand on 3DX.

So what makes what we are in real life, is necessarily part of the way of being our Avi On 3DX.

I do not think you're negative, on the contrary it is defending itself viewpoint.

Those who do not pretend, do not fantasize, do not lie. Is there anyone in 3DX Chat that be themselves? Just how many are there compared to those who decieve?

If you put it like that...

I used to play to get away and to live a fantasy because I didn't and still don't like myself, I eventually did start to tell everyone about the real me though with only positive reactions as a result.

I think it's important to never forget this is still a game so one should never take anything at face value (learned that the very hard way here, twice...)

Will I return, yeah most likely, will I play as myself, probably not but I will play a fantasy but I won't deceive or lie, nothing good can come from that anyway.

Kudos to everyone else that manages to play as themselves, I admire you :)

Seems a bit harsh to call those that like to rp deceivers, lol. I'm teasing there, I know it wasn't said to be mean, it just made me giggle. I play as myself in terms of it's always my personality coming through, I'm not pretending to be anyone else in that regard. Just, for me anyway, I don't think it wise to share real life information. So I don't give my real name, where I live, what I do for a living. I leave that stuff at the door when I log in. So I am still playing as me I guess, in a way and in a way I'm not. 

I am myself, nothing more, nothing less.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I am not."

Besides I can barely ever stay in character more than 2min (lol) so I'm quite impressed at those who can... kuddos :)

At first people come here for the sexual aspect, but remain for the social aspect (in most cases), with that I'd assume it would be hard not to inject your real self into your avi. But then again, everyone is different, and that's perfectly alright, as long as everyone respects each other.

One's freedom ends where another's begin, is what we should keep in mind

And @OP, I know many people who don't play as themselves, yet I don't consider them deceivers, as a matter of fact, I wouldn't want them to change who they are. :lol:

Seems a bit harsh to call those that like to rp deceivers, lol. I'm teasing there, I know it wasn't said to be mean, it just made me giggle. I play as myself in terms of it's always my personality coming through, I'm not pretending to be anyone else in that regard. Just, for me anyway, I don't think it wise to share real life information. So I don't give my real name, where I live, what I do for a living. I leave that stuff at the door when I log in. So I am still playing as me I guess, in a way and in a way I'm not. 

Tipsy agrees completely   :)

Playing as ourselves dont mean we dont RP . I'm not a vampire in real but , as i'm a gothic girl , i RP a vampire in game . ( and i know someone which adore this hihih )

That was a personalized statement about how I choose to play the game, not a generalized one.  I play myself.  I don't see anything wrong with RP'ing, I have been known to do it on occasion.  But it is very difficult for me to stay in character for very long, and I hold those that can in high regards.  I think everyone is entitled to play the way they get the most satisfaction and enjoyment out of the game.

Such an intriguing topic! Personally i find it easier, being myself. I guess being who I am makes it difficult to be someone else. I find it quite impossible not to project my mood and feelings into the online world, so instead of trying to put a lid on them by being someone else, I've come to the conclusion that being who I am is what's works best for me.  

I can however understand those who seek refuge from their daily lives by escaping into an online world, we're here for different reasons after all. 

It's... complicated. See I'm not exactly "myself" even in real life, I'm perfect at putting this good mood face even when I'm not okay.. I often look polite and nice to people, even when I want the brutal death of some.. In here? I share a few details of my personal life, they are all true if that is what is being asked..

I also roleplay a great deal on when I am on my alt.. to the point most wouldn't recognize me without taking the time to notice subtle hints I inevitably give. But, even when roleplaying.. I'm a bit of "myself", roleplaying for me means taking a particular aspect of my personality and turning it into a person.. a caricature of sorts. It's not that different from, say, telling a parody story from a real life event. I don't know if this made much sense :(

PS: I'm very well aware that this post makes zero sense. It was just my chaotic mind blurting words out into a text.