3DXChat Community
Sign in to follow this  
xSweetMiseryx

The 60 second timer

8 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

This is horrible!  Yeah I hate the ads spam of the WC but for those of us who just liked to chat in WC this really ruins it. Big thumbs down for it. 

talk slllloooooowwwwweeerrrrrr

I can certainly see how the delay would be a problem. I’m always surprised however to find that people actually use WC on pretty much any platform, they have always seemed to be so damn noisy to me that they are barely useable. 

Useful for system wide notifications and that sort of stuff but I’ve not once had a convo in any WC. 

I guess the trade off is useability vs squelching ad spam. 

1 hour ago, Ross the RoberT said:

wc is still full of adverts, back to the drawing board devs

Correct. Its purpose did not work out at all! All it has done is serve to make and conversation more difficult. You could at least just iggy the spammers and still be able to chat normally. 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ross the RoberT said:

wc is still full of adverts, back to the drawing board devs

Well the way to remove ads is to make rules against them.

But why would that be a problem really? The only problem was the repeated spam of trolls and others.

The 60second delay completely fixed that, so I think the WC is perfectly fine now. I don't know why some crybabies are against ads.

Stay on local, Group chat or pm. WC is WC. If some don't like something there they even have an ignore button.

The World Chat is pretty much fine now as it is. Spam was removed. Even if some people call spam everything they don't like to see :) Spam isn't that. Spam means repeated posting of something in a very short amount of time. It's impossible now so there is no spam. 

Edited by Tsela

59 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Well the way to remove ads is to make rules against them.

But why would that be a problem really? The only problem was the repeated spam of trolls and others.

The 60second delay completely fixed that, so I think the WC is perfectly fine now. I don't know why some crybabies are against ads.

Stay on local, Group chat or pm. WC is WC. If some don't like something there they even have an ignore button.

The World Chat is pretty much fine now as it is. Spam was removed. Even if some people call spam everything they don't like to see :) Spam isn't that. Spam means repeated posting of something in a very short amount of time. It's impossible now so there is no spam. 

i dont mind the spam or the trolls, wc is wc. that message was more me being sarcastic. I personally love WC.

As far as rules, they do have rules, they just arent great at enforcing most rules

Edited by Ross the RoberT

Personally I like it.

Could go to 5 mins and be good imo. That would really cut out spam and make it more for announcments. 

Edited by THX

Ugh ... yall suck! lol  I enjoy chatting in WC.  A conversation with lots of people. I have always liked it. I iggy the people that create too many ads or too big ads and keep on chatting.  The timer sucks even more than everyone else. ;)

Just chat with them in private, and have sex with them while you are at it, that way you can enjoy 3dx more than spamming world chat.

ONifzUu.png

Small preview of the way it is now. People get their friends to help spam so they can avoid the 1 minute timer, anyway. Why can we not just make an "ad-only" chat and put that at a 1 minute timer, and reverse the WC timer, while enforcing a "no ad" rule in that chat? 

Now that I am getting used to it I don't hate the timer as much as I did at first. It's true the ads weren't the only problem in WC and it seems the timer really has cut down on the other problems.  I still just iggy the people that post the enormous ads and its still working just as well. 

How about a second per character or some number of characters.  I had posted something lewd in there the other day and had to wait to apologize.  If you could make the larger spams cost more, it might be a good compromise?  15 seconds per line?  There has to be something that works better than a blanket 60 seconds.

I hate the timer again. lol I logged in the other day and just felt like chatting basically about nothing, just passing time.  There was ZERO chat going on in WC. I was here for about 40 minutes and the only thing being said was an occasion hi and then ads ads ads ads.  It was a real let down. 

37 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

I hate the timer again. lol I logged in the other day and just felt like chatting basically about nothing, just passing time.  There was ZERO chat going on in WC. I was here for about 40 minutes and the only thing being said was an occasion hi and then ads ads ads ads.  It was a real let down. 

Seriously WC shouldn't be used for serious chatting just for some casual talk maybe. if you want a prolonged chat, you should find the persons you are chatting with and do it all day long instead of spamming the WC with all sort of chats, that frankly is more adequate to be conducted on local, group chat or in private

39 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

poor thing, I will troll you next time im on so you feel at home in WC