3DXChat Community

(CANCELED FOR NOW)Tribute to Music n Artists + 6 Months on 3dx party+ EUGENE B-DAY December 2

Aliviax

Again even your searches are bringing up results for streaming a radio station which is listed on a directory and available most of time to any listener. This makes it a public stream.

This does not apply to someone who is streaming a few hours a month inside a closed community. It doesn't matter what you or I think "private" means. It only matters what the laws say. This is becoming redundant and it's also disrupting someone else's event thread so if you want to talk about streaming legality then please make a new topic and it can be discussed there. This is not the place for it.

Private streaming falls under the same guidelines as I own an internet radio station and yes run my private stream.  I know first hand all the details of what it takes for both.  By putting your music over the internet as you are you fall under the same guidelines as an online station even if you only do it for 5 seconds because any clip you play for at least that you are legally required to pay royalties.  Using ITunes, Amazon Music and Spotify to play music on your stream isn't legal either as you're not buying the music but paying to use the service.

It's not a closed community as there are multiple users from around the world on here.  I'm not hijacking a thread as this has been brought up in many threads about music and streaming.  But in any case then no one can call themselves a DJ without doing all of the requirements that any DJ is legally bound to.

While I understand what you're doing Alivia, it takes a lot more than just purchasing the music to make it right but it's off to a good start.

She said like 4 times that it's about paying tribute to artists and music. It's not about trying to force people to be legal. She's asking people to PAY for some music to help support the artists. How is this a horrible thing?

She also posted her track list showing them purchased from Beatport. 

The 3rd time this has been asked...  Why is it fine that people have parties with winamp and youtube DJs and people stealing full 60 minute mixes from youtube and claiming them as their own, some even post to mixcloud and and claim as their own... how is this OK but then Alivia makes a single party and asks everyone to only play purchased music and everyone freaks out... where's the logic behind this? This makes ZERO sense.

If you don't have legal music and you don't like the idea behind the party, then don't go.. its very simple. What's the issue? 

It's her party and I think she can suggest how she wants to run her party. Does anyone tell you or anyone else how to do your parties?

Music will be purchased just because of this one party and I think that's a good thing

Read me again sweetie, with an open mind this time, I haven't said it was a bad thing, au contraire, I said tis a good thing but she didn't ask, she demanded and she demands people to prove it that to me, and as I said with an open mind this is or could be as sensitive for some just like some one is demanding you to prove you are you, and we all know how that turns out in this game. 

Wot Alivia is actually doing  is actually something I support, but I would never prove to someone who hasn't the legal rights, that I actually have consent or the licence to spin the tunes I spin,  I am not saying I wouldn't do it, just that I only prove it to someone that does have the authority to demand this of me. 

Read me again sweetie, with an open mind this time, I haven't said it was a bad thing, au contraire, I said tis a good thing but she didn't ask, she demanded and she demands people to prove it that to me, and as I said with an open mind this is or could be as sensitive for some just like some one is demanding you to prove you are you, and we all know how that turns out in this game. 

Wot Alivia is actually doing  is actually something I support, but I would never prove to someone who hasn't the legal rights, that I actually have consent or the licence to spin the tunes I spin,  I am not saying I wouldn't do it, just that I only prove it to someone that does have the authority to demand this of me. 

She isn't demanding anything from anyone. Shes saying "IF YOU WANT TO DJ AT THIS PARTY, PLAY LEGAL MUSIC AND PROVE IT'S LEGAL".

If you don't like this, then again it's very simple... don't signup to be a DJ for this party.  

Private streaming falls under the same guidelines as I own an internet radio station and yes run my private stream.  I know first hand all the details of what it takes for both.  By putting your music over the internet as you are you fall under the same guidelines as an online station even if you only do it for 5 seconds because any clip you play for at least that you are legally required to pay royalties.  Using ITunes, Amazon Music and Spotify to play music on your stream isn't legal either as you're not buying the music but paying to use the service.

It's not a closed community as there are multiple users from around the world on here.  I'm not hijacking a thread as this has been brought up in many threads about music and streaming.  But in any case then no one can call themselves a DJ without doing all of the requirements that any DJ is legally bound to.

While I understand what you're doing Alivia, it takes a lot more than just purchasing the music to make it right but it's off to a good start.

I think you and MANY others need to go back and READ her 1st post. She is ASKING EVERYONE TO ONLY PLAY PURCHASED MUSIC FOR THIS PARTY. Or to simply buy some tracks to be played for this party. This puts money into the pockets of the artists. No this does not solve the world's problems and nor does it make every DJ in 3dx legal. That's not what this is about. I'm sorry if you can't make sense of this.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

and BTW you are still wrong about your understanding of the laws but I am done arguing these points. This isn't the place for it and this thread has nothing to do with any of this anyhow. Please make a new thread if you wish to discuss internet streaming laws. This is an event thread. 

By asking people to prove its purchased she is demanding, read the dictionary luv! And why the enmity? Why not clarify things as they are? And no Jessica, I haven't signed to play for her so hun cool down a bit. Keep the conversation friendly, after all that is one of the things Alivia stands for and something some of us strive for. If the comments offend you then don't answer sweetie.

By asking people to prove its purchased she is demanding, read the dictionary luv! And why the enmity? Why not clarify things as they are? And no Jessica, I haven't signed to play for her so hun cool down a bit. Keep the conversation friendly, after all that is one of the things Alivia stands for and something some of us strive for. If the comments offend you then don't answer sweetie.

It isn't the comments that offends me, it's the fact that I have to always either repeat things over and over or refer to older posts because people can't be bothered to read them. 

Like she said, if this were a YouTube download party, not a single person would have complained about it.  

1. It's Alivia's party
  2. She wants thing done a certain way
  3. if you don't like the way she does things, don't sign up

That's all there is to it really. If I don't care for someone's event, i simply don't go. I don't go into the event thread and post my negative thoughts about the event for everyone to see. If I turn on the radio and they are playing music I don't like, i change the station, I don't call up the radio station and complain to them that I feel like they are demanding that I listen to it. I honestly don't understand your thought process on this. 

that's the thing lassie so is every other party, but you have no legal right to demand what you your self can't and don't have.  you can ask people as your personal request, but not as you wrote it earlier. so in this case you would have to make your party for a group of people that you invite in, and not "open for all". No one is paying any of the DJ a dime, so hence why the dilemma bout this demands that you are making, as Chloe earlier said this is a game we pay for, some of us do pay our licence besides the game costs and servers, and as Achilles well know the costs can be rocket high. 

As I said the idea is good Alivia but you are way over your head this time lassie and you should make your party for group and not "open for all" or just stop demanding things that you have no legal right to demand.

She showed everyone in her 1st post that she purchased her track list. She also has every right to verify this from others if she feels necessary. This is not a case of whether or not she can legally seek proof of this, because I can assure you with 100% certainty, there's nothing illegal about it. You are not being forced into anything. You are free to say "no" to all of it.

So let's make this easy on us all...  if you don't want her "demanding" anything of you, then don't sign up for the event.  :)

Ha I see the problem, you all think that Alivia is not allowed, in a legal and in a, let's say, moral way, to demand that all DJs who like to spin should do with legal bought music. She never said a word about that the music must be licensed for any purpose. Correct me if I am wrong. As an independent party host she can ask for whatever she like. I for example demand a good quality radio stream with at least 256 kbps and matching music in the same quality. If you can't provide this, you will not spin on my partys. It is that easy. These are my rules. So I am really looking forward to the now following discussion because I exclude all those DJs who don't want to pay for a good stream. It's her party it's her rules. She isn't doing this official, not for 3dx and not for any group.

There isn't a general rule or terms for all around the world... Different Countries have different rules and for each stream provider counts the rules of his country :)

I know there are big differences in the terms and some makes no sense.

But I've to agree when you say Streaming Providers in 3DXChat needs in the main view a Webcasting License because similar games Like SecondLife or RedLight Center got in the past also dissuasions of ASCAP/BMI/etc...

Yes it's a closed network and non public for the whole Internet but this networks have a owner and this owner sold a membership for a access of this network...

(in the main view could this mean there is someone who collects money and streamed music is a part of^^) But anyone can see it how he wants or you can get be advised by the License companies. They are very friendly and have mostly a phone hotline :)

You as Member did pay a Membership for the public access of this world and you can play with another anonymous gamers around the world...

At the end is it public for you and the other anonymous gamers^^

Not everyone who has a Broadcasting Server needs this Licenses but that depends on the audience and the used content! If you want to entertain as much as possible foreign audiences, like a public party you should have a License. If you want to broadcast just for a few known friends you doens't need! For example you play music for your friends to a private Birthday Party.

I know all the terms of the different companies leave much space for interpretations :D:lol:

If someone have the interest he should get advice.

This all was discussed many times in this forum and does not have to be repeated again and again.

The Idea behind the party of @Aliviax is very laudable and could be a step in the right direction! Maybe was the name a bit miss choiced.

At least will this a party with good quality and maybe change this some opinions of the origin where a lot get their music :)

I think you and MANY others need to go back and READ her 1st post. She is ASKING EVERYONE TO ONLY PLAY PURCHASED MUSIC FOR THIS PARTY. Or to simply buy some tracks to be played for this party. This puts money into the pockets of the artists. No this does not solve the world's problems and nor does it make every DJ in 3dx legal. That's not what this is about. I'm sorry if you can't make sense of this.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

and BTW you are still wrong about your understanding of the laws but I am done arguing these points. This isn't the place for it and this thread has nothing to do with any of this anyhow. Please make a new thread if you wish to discuss internet streaming laws. This is an event thread.

I understand the post as it's originally written.  I only added that a a bit of information which has been dragged out.  No, I fully am aware of all the legal aspects of what you call private streaming and what is legally required.  Contact a lawyer, one of the royalty collecting agencies or even an artist and ask how they'd feel you play their music over the net for others to hear without paying the royalties for it so they get paid.  That's like you going to work for 4 hours a week and not getting paid for it. I.E. This is the part that actually puts the money in the artists pocket by paying the royalties.  I am fully legal, have a legally purchased broadcaster, license to broadcast, own my music, pay all royalties for both my internet radio station streams, my personal radio streams as required by law.

I had written this is a good start and effort but it's not what fully needs to be done that is the part that isn't clearly being understood.  It has been demanded to show you have purchased your music to one person to be able to DJ, which technically is wrong, it's like asking me to show my ID to prove I'm me, I'd only have to do that to 3DX if they had it as a legal requirement.  Don't worry I'll make another thread to like many others have with the information on being able to stream legally as a private stream (a few users over the net) and public stream (that's gets paid) I'll make sure to include this link in my post for reference.

We could discuss a lot more but I still don't get why you Mar Mohan, a really new member of this forum, attack only this party thread. The one who is might be much closer to legality as all others. Maybe a court will say that what we are all doing here is public streaming and needs a license. Or maybe they say cause only members of 3dx can join the partys it is much like a Xmas party of your company or your sports club. We don't know. Second Life and RLC do not have a pay wall, so everybody can join with a few mouse clicks. Maybe this is a difference, maybe not. I am not a lawyer.

Why the name of the party offends some isn't understandable to me. Artists get more money from legal bought tracks as from ripped YouTube songs, right? So this party is a message to us all to care more about the source of the music. For private persons there are really nice possibilities out there... Spotify, Apple Music and Deezer, to just name some. They are legal whatever you might think about it.

We could discuss a lot more but I still don't get why you Mar Mohan, a really new member of this forum, attack only this party thread. The one who is might be much closer to legality as all others. Maybe a court will say that what we are all doing here is public streaming and needs a license. Or maybe they say cause only members of 3dx can join the partys it is much like a Xmas party of your company or your sports club. We don't know. Second Life and RLC do not have a pay wall, so everybody can join with a few mouse clicks. Maybe this is a difference, maybe not. I am not a lawyer.

Why the name of the party offends some isn't understandable to me. Artists get more money from legal bought tracks as from ripped YouTube songs, right? So this party is a message to us all to care more about the source of the music. For private persons there are really nice possibilities out there... Spotify, Apple Music and Deezer, to just name some. They are legal whatever you might think about it.

I've been on the forums since 2015.  I can't access my old one as they were supposed to remove it.  I'm not attacking the thread it's what I had added to my initial comment that was attacked.  This issue has been brought up with the other chat venues like RLC, SecondLife and so on it's not just here.

They don't make really anything if at all off the sale of an album, they make it off the royalties paid.  Yes Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music and such are legal they are for you the user who agrees that you are listening to it on your device not putting it through a link (stream) over the internet for someone else to listen to.

Again, never said I had an issue with this event. I added a comment on what it takes to be an actual DJ as others prior comments, I just gave the proper information.

So thank you very much for your (unasked) input Mar Mohan. This wasn't a discussion thread it was a party announcement. If you all want to discuss this please open a thread in the open forum section. I will for sure not get a radio streaming license to entertain people at private virtual parties 2 hours a week.

So thank you very much for your (unasked) input Mar Mohan. This wasn't a discussion thread it was a party announcement. If you all want to discuss this please open a thread in the open forum section. I will for sure not get a radio streaming license to entertain people at private virtual parties 2 hours a week.

To be honest, I gave my thoughts on the event and then put a side note in.  Once again people like you and Jessica have sat here and tried to pick apart all that anyone has said that went against what you think.  Check with a lawyer, collection agents for royalties and such to see what they have to say about it all, private and public streaming even on the net.  Achilles, I have stated that the laws vary by country and fees associated with them and should be looked into.  This can go round and round with debates.

Again, not once have I stated that I didn't support this event and have not said that I am against the event.  I have stated that this is a step in the right direction before, couldn't have been phrased a little differently but a good idea overall.

To be honest, I gave my thoughts on the event and then put a side note in.  Once again people like you and Jessica have sat here and tried to pick apart all that anyone has said that went against what you think.  Check with a lawyer, collection agents for royalties and such to see what they have to say about it all, private and public streaming even on the net.  Achilles, I have stated that the laws vary by country and fees associated with them and should be looked into.  This can go round and round with debates.

Again, not once have I stated that I didn't support this event and have not said that I am against the event.  I have stated that this is a step in the right direction before, couldn't have been phrased a little differently but a good idea overall.

I am sorry if I came off the wrong way with you Mar. It doesn't matter what you think or I think about the laws... this is an Event thread and this is prolly the 5th time I've asked that we all stay on topic of the event.. if you wish to discuss internet streaming laws then a new thread in the open forum is a better place for it. 

I am sorry if I came off the wrong way with you Mar. It doesn't matter what you think or I think about the laws... this is an Event thread and this is prolly the 5th time I've asked that we all stay on topic of the event.. if you wish to discuss internet streaming laws then a new thread in the open forum is a better place for it.

I wrote about the event then put a note to it.  That note didn't need to be addressed it was a simple statement.  I know this is an event but others have comments as well.  Realize although this is the posting for an event, what was asked, is going to get some feedback that may not be liked because of what was being asked, it's a forum. Read my previous comment about you and Chloe.

Now instead of constantly trying to get the last word in leave it to the event as it's supposed to be.

I wrote about the event then put a note to it.  That note didn't need to be addressed it was a simple statement.  I know this is an event but others have comments as well.  Realize although this is the posting for an event, what was asked, is going to get some feedback that may not be liked because of what was being asked, it's a forum. Read my previous comment about you and Chloe.

Now instead of constantly trying to get the last word in leave it to the event as it's supposed to be.

hey sweetie explain me why u havent go on the other parties bellow this thread to say those stuff ur saying here ? huh why there are like 100 parties right bellow this thread why u havent go there ? why here ? why ? what is it that bug u so much ? 

itsssssssssssssssssss just a partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for the love of god sweetie , chill out ,play the game , try have fun , find a man or a girl (depending ur taste) do stuff record something with ur sexy voice hahahaa .

i love you sweetie but plz stop feeding my thread or ppl will think im paying you hahahaaha lolzzz

hey sweetie explain me why u havent go on the other parties bellow this thread to say those stuff ur saying here ? huh why there are like 100 parties right bellow this thread why u havent go there ? why here ? why ? what is it that bug u so much ? 

itsssssssssssssssssss just a partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for the love of god sweetie , chill out ,play the game , try have fun , find a man or a girl (depending ur taste) do stuff record something with ur sexy voice hahahaa .

i love you sweetie but plz stop feeding my thread or ppl will think im paying you hahahaaha lolzzz

I have stopped.  You made a request and I didn't state I did support what you were doing but if you look at my initial.  I only added a bit of information to it as a note.  Then it was commented on repeatedly telling me I'm wrong and I was clearing that up and again posted each time that I did support the event.  That part keeps getting looked over.   I'd suggest you tell them the same as they are the ones who keep it going.

I know this event is about music and artists but...

not only music is a piracy victim nowadays.

Software and images too.

So I like to show you what I used to create the following party banner:

alivias-partyuvj4dcdl64.jpg

click on the image to enlarge it

I found this image here: Pexels but its originally from Pixabay

captureldu8b.png

You will find a lot of beautiful images at these sites you can use free for private and commercial usage.

For the image modifications I used Affinity Designer, which is a low cost but awesome tool available for Windows and Mac.

It is currently in the sales just for your info.

P.S. I own a license for Affinity Designer since it is out for Windows :)

Edited by chloe

Everything in the Internet has a Copyright and terms of use :)

For Everything are also shops, community's and download pages there...

Fonts, Photos, Wallpaper, sounds, programs etc etc

Copy things of the internet and rework or use it for your own things are mostly against the copyrights.

Ignorance doesn't safes about punishing^^

Personal I had two private examples about copyright infringement...

Yes there was also for me a time where I didn't care about stuff like this :lol:

First example is now 15 years ago... I made a program for WindowsMobille (PocketPC, the earlier pre-versions of Smartphones) it was a Weather program as a kind of freeware. After many thousand Downlods and not so many donations I got a letter of a lawyer for copyrights because I did use and rework any weather icons of another artist for my program :huh: :rolleyes:

There was a court hearing and I got as punishing a fine of 3000€

Another example:

10 years ago was there a filesharing program widespread, eMule...

Personal I did stop to use this program after my court hearing but some friends and the boyfriend of my girlfriends sister didn't stop or care about my fine :lol:

The bad thing was, the internet wasn't of this guy it was the internet of the sister of my gf and she got one day a list of all files (porns, music, movies, programs) and a extrajudicial settlement payment of 2500€.

The only one suggestion of me was "pay it or it becomes more costly"...

Everyone must know what he is doing and no one wants to play the moral apostle. But everyone have to life with the consequences!

We can just warn about our own mistakes :)