3DXChat Community

Pic contests judges are taking it personal

JuicyJina

it's all about sucking the right dicks , JuicyJina

i guess you are sucking the wrong ones or not doing it right

no , sorry , just joking ... in my opinion , this is al about who is adding the pic and who he/she knows and "push" them to vote so he/she can win ( look who adds the pics every month and who votes for that person )

just saying

no , sorry , just joking ... in my opinion , this is al about who is adding the pic and who he/she knows and "push" them to vote so he/she can win ( look who adds the pics every month and who votes for that person )

just saying

Actually this is 3DX chat, so maybe that's what it should be about...((blush)) :D

So, this is how I understand it to work. I don't know who any of the judges are.

Each judge gets 3 votes to place for non-edited pics and 1 vote to place for edited pics. Winner is determined by most votes from judges, but in the case of a tied number of votes from judges, Likes are used as a tie-breaker. The Honorable Mentions at the end are those that got at least 1 vote from a judge but did not have enough to place.

I think it's obvious you can't just go off number of Likes for obvious reasons, unless you want it to be more of a popularity contest than about the actual artwork.

More judges, as Achilles suggested, would be nice. Judges should be artists themselves preferably, but they should either not be allowed to enter the contest or should not be allowed to vote for their own submissions.

Most importantly, I feel there needs to be 3 places for edited pics. This is part of the source of the problem. Edited pics take a lot more time and effort and about half the submissions are edited. I put a lot of time into edited pics in the past that I was really happy with but they got me nothing other than the satisfaction of making the image itself. I've stopped doing the edited ones because it takes a lot of time and effort to do a nice one and I haven't felt the motivation for it as far as these contests go. Non-edited is easy-peasy and right now with the way it works you are 3 times as likely to place in non-edited. It's kinda backwards.

Guest Eclipse

I think Tauri (and her judges) do a great job in hosting these "thankless" monthly screenshot contests.
Few are gonna win, most are gonna lose and some are gonna scratch their heads at the results.

Is this a perfect system...probably not, but you have to admit it's a lot of fun.
Like Achilles said "art, is very subjective", so results will always be unpredictable.

I kno there's no pearls of wisdom here, just wanted to add my two cents and give Tauri and her Judges their props for putting in the effort month-in and month-out. Plus Juicy I understand the frustration you feel, don't give up, you do great work that is clearly appreciate by many. : )

just saying

Ok I'm online tonight :lol:

I'm only not sure is it a abusive behaviour if I'm not a Judge? :huh::lol:

tumblr_nhuewtMI6V1rcdtjro1_500.gif

anigif_enhanced-12405-1393860149-1.gif

Also, aside from it fitting with the theme better, I personally would have chosen Matrix's surfing pic over the glacier shadow jerking off. Obviously subjective though.

And no offense to anyone else, but it seems to me that Daria should be running away with edited every time she submits... Her work is clearly the highest quality and shows the best Photoshop skills. I guess maybe the judges didn't want her to win 3 months in a row. Paloma's mermaid pic was also super nice.

But yeah, more places in the edited category would be great.

i dunno why u are hating? are u one of the judges? thats why u came to defend yourself?

Its not hating at all Juicy why you taking it so personal. Yours counts as photoshopped so only ONE can win (even states that at the top of the contest) and honestly IN MY OPINION I think Paloma, Daria OR Matrix surfing one should have won over yours and over Matrix jerking shadow since the theme is clearly SUMMER and not.....jerking off shadow on a glacier. They use to do on likes but some people would have all their friends (40+ votes) always voting and wasnt fair. So they added the judges. You weren't the only one with alot of likes and didnt win! I have done this many times since it has started its not always fair but at least you have fun and try your best.

The judges change out every couple of months for various reasons, some leave others just dont have time anymore, there is only one left of the original 4. And no they wont be made public.

If their was only one judge then how did the judging happen? What if that judge knew the people they voted for and so forth? Was the contest really fair if their was only one judge this month?

So, this is how I understand it to work. I don't know who any of the judges are.

Each judge gets 3 votes to place for non-edited pics and 1 vote to place for edited pics. Winner is determined by most votes from judges, but in the case of a tied number of votes from judges, Likes are used as a tie-breaker. The Honorable Mentions at the end are those that got at least 1 vote from a judge but did not have enough to place.

I think it's obvious you can't just go off number of Likes for obvious reasons, unless you want it to be more of a popularity contest than about the actual artwork.

More judges, as Achilles suggested, would be nice. Judges should be artists themselves preferably, but they should either not be allowed to enter the contest or should not be allowed to vote for their own submissions.

Most importantly, I feel there needs to be 3 places for edited pics. This is part of the source of the problem. Edited pics take a lot more time and effort and about half the submissions are edited. I put a lot of time into edited pics in the past that I was really happy with but they got me nothing other than the satisfaction of making the image itself. I've stopped doing the edited ones because it takes a lot of time and effort to do a nice one and I haven't felt the motivation for it as far as these contests go. Non-edited is easy-peasy and right now with the way it works you are 3 times as likely to place in non-edited. It's kinda backwards.

I agree i think the photoshopped should have more then one winner at least if their is more then one entry for photoshopped and more judges!!!!

Also, aside from it fitting with the theme better, I personally would have chosen Matrix's surfing pic over the glacier shadow jerking off. Obviously subjective though.

And no offense to anyone else, but it seems to me that Daria should be running away with edited every time she submits... Her work is clearly the highest quality and shows the best Photoshop skills. I guess maybe the judges didn't want her to win 3 months in a row. Paloma's mermaid pic was also super nice.

But yeah, more places in the edited category would be great.

Paloma, Daria OR Matrix surfing one should have won for the SUMMER theme and not shadow wanking lol

Agreed Agreed Agreed (likes a billion times)

(Edited) Anyways I think Tauri didnt have to do this for us so thank you! Also you shouldnt be attacking the judges like this. You clearly are very very salty you lost. I was a little too but you dont see me creating a whole topic like this. I have lost lots of times. The judges and votes are the final say plain and simple. Tauri thank you again dear for doing this for us and coming up with ideas and making this possible for us and the judges as well.  :) 

I don't have the energy to get into this, but whether the concerns are valid or not, I find the way it was presented in the OP very distasteful, and disrespectful.

Well my point of view all the pictures are incredible, I do not much care to be chosen or not, because even like to participate, win or lose is not important to show your talent.  ;)

Well said :wub: .. This is how I always saw this contest :) 

I also think, there should be a top 3 for the photoshop pictures (but that's up to the admins)...

but mostly, I think one important thing is that the winners from one month, should not be allowed to participate the following month, to leave opportunities for others.

Ofc they should contribute if they want, but knowing that their submissions will not be voted for the prizes.

Guest Twiggy

When you have a judge system like this, it is not so much who is friends with who as it is who does not like who.

I think most people can be fair when it comes to judging on an entry from people they either know or don't know, but when it comes to like or don't like then that tends to have an influence.

If all the judges are from the same group of friends in 3DX, then I do see a possible problem, and i do mean possible, not saying there is.

Looking through the entries and winning entries I would say the judges have done a good job, but I can also understand how people can be thinking there could be a little unfairness going on.

Not from seeing who won or who didn't, but because there is a possibility that there could be.

So I would agree with what Achilles said, more judges, selected randomly from the player base would defuse things some what.

sorry but people wonder why there is no public djing, etc. this entire thread is why. if people dont get what they want they start attacking a process. So then after they do away with it, the same people who had a hand in killing it can bitch and moan as to why its gone. 

Stop trol.... err wait...

You said some true words there. Kudos!

I hate getting involved to these wonderful threads and convos on forum, but Art is something you dudes (prolly few girls too ) talking about and i just cant stop my hands. First of all this contest and all what it represents has nothing to do with Art,....might be a missunderstanding there...I've been here for years and i only saw one real artist here, she was called CrazyAli...(not sure if she is still here or not ). What you guys doing , and including JuicyGina or Jina whatever ...are screenshots of your avatars from a low-detailed sexgame, where everybody looks nearly the same. You dont do Art here, you just cant :) Nothing offensive, but that contest has been made to entertain ppl, not to find your secret artsy talents. You might have, .....Go and find it in real! (well, quiet honestly, i would not bother if i was you ) Art is about creating or capturing moments...this a 3d sexgame, you cant create here, you cant capture moment, everything is pixeled, nothing is real, so you cant create real art. Get used to it . Secondly ....even (lets say what you guys do is Art :o ) if think you are good, but you did not win a contest....try to be cool, walk away and keep your opinions to yourself, but posting about losing is not something what's going to take you to the first place in the next contest. 

Well i am sorry if i ruined anybodys 3dx dreams. I did not mean to :) Good Luck ...in whatever you do. 

JuicyJina i always liked your work,there is lot's of creativity happening, your work even giving me some ideas and inspiration for my pic edits

but as far as pic contest goes- i participate, and like 90% of the time i'm not mentioned, or thanked for, it's normal

but it doesn't mean that your work is not good, it is awesome hun ^^ <3

Guest Twiggy

No matter what is done in anything there will always be critics, people have to expect that.

People also need to look at how they go about their complaints, I think the original post in this thread could have been done a lot better for instance.

Then we get the critics of the critics, they need to also think about what they are saying as often they seem to be saying no one should complain about anything.

Some post start off with someone being upset about something, and yes they can go about it wrong and be more attacking than objective.

Often though the post does generate solutions and good ideas, people need to start to think "am I attacking or being objective and constructive".

First of all this contest and all what it represents has nothing to do with Art,....might be a missunderstanding there...

You dont do Art here, you just cant

Art is about creating or capturing moments...this a 3d sexgame, you cant create here, you cant capture moment, everything is pixeled, nothing is real, so you cant create real art. Get used to it .

You are wrong.

Well ofc if it takes some creativity then it's art. People don't jus hit the printscreen button randomly and submit garbage. Well okay some do but that's not the point. People aren't submitting Monets but they're still artistic and creative.

That being said I think transparency in the judging is all people are really asking for. If you need judges I'm happy to volunteer. You don't even have to thank me for the whopping five minutes it prolly takes to pick. And if you worry about me judging, jus know I judge all of you all the time in my head anyways. Don't judge me tho please. I'm also a huge hypocrite.

I'm tired of typing an I feel like I coulda trolled way better. I'm disappointed in myself. Please don't judge me. I'm sensitive.

Sidebar: I love FairyDust

Alright, so what im taking from all these replies is basically that people mostly want 3 places for both categories, so ill try and ask gizmo if thats possible, if not then perhaps a equal split would be possible with 2 places for each category.

And Akali, there were 4 judges this month and have been every month, just only one of the original 4 is in the current 4 :)

Alright, so what im taking from all these replies is basically that people mostly want 3 places for both categories, so ill try and ask gizmo if thats possible, if not then perhaps a equal split would be possible with 2 places for each category.

And Akali, there were 4 judges this month and have been every month, just only one of the original 4 is in the current 4 :)

That sounds fair. In the end its up to the Giz to decide, as its his stuff he gives away. We should be thankful they give away stuff at all. But just my humble opinion. :)

Well ofc if it takes some creativity then it's art. People don't jus hit the printscreen button randomly and submit garbage. Well okay some do but that's not the point. People aren't submitting Monets but they're still artistic and creative.

True, you can be creative. You can be creative at taking screenshots, parking your car in garage, taking out the trash, cooking, can be creative in bed etc. Art is creating something what you can see with your own eyes and say that you wont see the same again ever. (not my words, but not throwing in famous artists names ) , All im trying to say, the Screenshot contest is a good idea , ppl can do a competition about " Who can take the prettiest screenshot "....just lets not say its Art. Creative? Yeah ok, i give her that, just stop crying lol. Art? Not even close.

For example i would not be a judge, .....mostly coz i saw pics ...like terrible craps having 30-40 likes....so i would be the antichrist here if i had a judge job. As someone said above, cant realy judge it by likes coz ppl throwing likes on this forum without even reading the full post. 

Its not hating at all Juicy why you taking it so personal. Yours counts as photoshopped so only ONE can win (even states that at the top of the contest) and honestly IN MY OPINION I think Paloma, Daria OR Matrix surfing one should have won over yours and over Matrix jerking shadow since the theme is clearly SUMMER and not.....jerking off shadow on a glacier. They use to do on likes but some people would have all their friends (40+ votes) always voting and wasnt fair. So they added the judges. You weren't the only one with alot of likes and didnt win! I have done this many times since it has started its not always fair but at least you have fun and try your best.

If their was only one judge then how did the judging happen? What if that judge knew the people they voted for and so forth? Was the contest really fair if their was only one judge this month?

I agree i think the photoshopped should have more then one winner at least if their is more then one entry for photoshopped and more judges!!!!

Paloma, Daria OR Matrix surfing one should have won for the SUMMER theme and not shadow wanking lol

Agreed Agreed Agreed (likes a billion times)

Anyways I think Tauri didnt have to do this for us and you shouldnt be attacking her like this. You clearly are very very salty you lost. I was too but you dont see me creating a whole topic like this. I have lost lots of times. Tauri thank you dear for doing this for us and coming up with ideas and making this possible for us :) 

daria please, i didnt insult tauri, read my post and then accuse

True, you can be creative. You can be creative at taking screenshots, parking your car in garage, taking out the trash, cooking, can be creative in bed etc. Art is creating something what you can see with your own eyes and say that you wont see the same again ever. (not my words, but not throwing in famous artists names ) , All im trying to say, the Screenshot contest is a good idea , ppl can do a competition about " Who can take the prettiest screenshot "....just lets not say its Art. Creative? Yeah ok, i give her that, just stop crying lol. Art? Not even close.

For example i would not be a judge, .....mostly coz i saw pics ...like terrible craps having 30-40 likes....so i would be the antichrist here if i had a judge job. As someone said above, cant realy judge it by likes coz ppl throwing likes on this forum without even reading the full post. 

If this is art then so are our screen shots and photos are considered art so...   :|

VkYxHGq.jpg

its a Picasso btw