3DXChat Community

May 25 Update Deleted My Builds

pretty

Homeless.jpg …….  This is not a joke.  The update of May 25, 2020 deleted my builds and backup copies of them.

I know there is nothing tech support can do about it, but it is one more thing which shows the 3dx coders NEED to better test the updates before releasing them to us.

Oh, and get a real server, Gizmo.  Hardware stores are running out of duct tape to patch up the shit server you're running the game on now.

Edited by pretty

mm

Well always be sure that your files: screenshots, world file, avatar file, profile pictures are in a different folder than the 3dxchat one. For when you uninstall 3DX, you will lost them and when a patch bugs... you uninstall and reinstall.

kiss

Maybe store your world files not inside the 3dxChat folder? But even if placed there 3dx should not have deleted it - no uninstaller touches files not original written while installation.

But maybe this thread is just meant as a joke? Anyway - that box looks very comfortable to me ^^

1) I blamed 3dx because it was the update which deleted the files.

2)  My backup copies were in a separate folder on a flash drive which happened to be plugged into my computer at the time I got the update.

3)   I used to be a content designer for another adult game, which including me doing coding.  I am well aware of what sort of screw-ups less than perfect coding can sometimes cause.  Such seemingly unrelated things CAN and Do happen sometimes.

Doesn't sound like a 3dx fault to me, but what do I know, 3dx patch has never deleted anything on my computer 🙄
Maybe you deleted the folder by accident or the files got corrupted and just doesn't show ?

OR (This happened to me) 
Your antivirus blocks 3dx from saving files like screenshots, room files etc.

Edited by MissD
Added a plausible reason