3DXChat Community

Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?

Perimede

Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't be bothered to reply

Personally I think that hugging and kissing should probably be consensual like slow dancing is now, most people don't like having it happen without their consent, and I agree its an invasion of your avi's personal space. But there should be a none consensual way of greeting people if they did change that that I think changing the way the wave works would be the best way to do that. Just make it so the waving avi moves to within a specific distance outside the personal space of the avi they are greeting and waves at them. That should fix this problem completely.  :)

I use the hug button the same way I hug people in real. If they are friends and I am saying hi then yes. Often if a friend is introducing me to someone i will use the hug as a way of 'shaking hands' but I hate it when some person walks right up to and just suddenly hugs you. Thats annoying as hell.  Some people will do it even when you are standing obviously chatting with someone. It's just rude. 

However, the natural progression here is to suggest that we make it so that you can only hug people on your friends list. 

No, actually, the natural progression here to suggest that we make it just like couple dancing: consensual.

Kik em in da ball bag Yo is tha only way ta go

When they dissin they be missing that this aint da way ah rollz

No huggin coz eet be buggin when im bizz and in a chat

Ya keep dat sheet erps and in ya bunnz ill put a cap

Respect mah spacij holmee and respeckt you will attain

In real life you wouldn't be so daring so dunn do eet in dis game

Eets not coz im un frandly or being rude and aloof

But im not ya hugg dump and ah be speeting out da TrooooFs!!

:P

In a crazy world Rando Huggs is a Danger Stranger! :P

Kik em in da ball bag Yo is tha only way ta go

When they dissin they be missing that this aint da way ah rollz

No huggin coz eet be buggin when im bizz and in a chat

Ya keep dat sheet erps and in ya bunnz ill put a cap

Respect mah spacij holmee and respeckt you will attain

In real life you wouldn't be so daring so dunn do eet in dis game

Eets not coz im un frandly or being rude and aloof

But im not ya hugg dump and ah be speeting out da TrooooFs!!

:P

In a crazy world Rando Huggs is a Danger Stranger! :P

LOL ... this reads like poem... 

No, actually, the natural progression here to suggest that we make it just like couple dancing: consensual.

Then I'd lose my ability to figure out if the friend I'm chatting with has crashed... (If you try to hug someone and you just keep walking into them, they've crashed.)

We discussed on some thread somewhere a new group of settings.  I would be apposed to making hugs pop up a consent form for everyone, because it diminishes the effect when hugging my friends.  However, if we could individually configure our preferences, I'd be more inclined to support this.

I imagine a "social" setting page with 3 groups and dropdowns for each group.  The dropdown would have three options: never, ask first, always

Allow Hugs

Spouse: <dropdown>  Friends: <dropdown>  Strangers: <dropdown>

Allow Kisses

Allow Slow Dances

Allow Partner Requests

Allow Sex Pose Requests

Hugs and kisses would default to "always" for all 3 groups, slow dances, partner requests, and sex poses would default to "ask first" for all three groups.  So, by default, nothing would change.  But if you don't like random huggers, you can set "Strangers" to "never" and not have to deal with it.  And, similarly, you would be able to set Slow dance requests for "friends" to "always" and not have to click okay when your friend asks you to dance.  And, if you trust the person you married to not abuse you sexually, you could remove the need for consent of sex pose changes while still needing consent to start the sex (Partner ask first, sex always).  

I think something like this would make things better for people on both sides of this argument.  

Tlaera

Then I'd lose my ability to figure out if the friend I'm chatting with has crashed... (If you try to hug someone and you just keep walking into them, they've crashed.)

We discussed on some thread somewhere a new group of settings.  I would be apposed to making hugs pop up a consent form for everyone, because it diminishes the effect when hugging my friends.  However, if we could individually configure our preferences, I'd be more inclined to support this.

I imagine a "social" setting page with 3 groups and dropdowns for each group.  The dropdown would have three options: never, ask first, always

Allow Hugs

Allow Kisses

Allow Slow Dances

Allow Partner Requests

Allow Sex Pose Requests

Hugs and kisses would default to "always" for all 3 groups, slow dances, partner requests, and sex poses would default to "ask first" for all three groups.  So, by default, nothing would change.  But if you don't like random huggers, you can set "Strangers" to "never" and not have to deal with it.  And, similarly, you would be able to set Slow dance requests for "friends" to "always" and not have to click okay when your friend asks you to dance.  And, if you trust the person you married to not abuse you sexually, you could remove the need for consent of sex pose changes while still needing consent to start the sex (Partner ask first, sex always).  

I think something like this would make things better for people on both sides of this argument.  

Tlaera

I suggested that in other threads when the hug issue was stated even in this thread over "kicking the ball bag".  IMVU already does it when you sign up but their in game avi it tied to their forum so you have an online profile with the game settings as well.

What major game revision you wish to being applied in game to avoid being randomly hugged by strangers? the block system is not enough? What about those masturbating and cum right in front of you and your friends, it is not worst ? wtf

Another useless topic started absolutely for no fucking justified reason.

ah okay, I see, it's a question of prestige to have the spotlight on you.

spotlight-1200x750.png

Hugging doesn’t bother me so much. It’s weird, yeah. If I’m in a good mood, I’ll laugh it off. If I’m annoyed I’ll warn them. What was bad was back when I first joined, before user rooms... there were what was referred to as sharkers. Those who would jerk off over you and spray their load. Then repetitive colds. I blocked someone for chasing me trying to get his jollies but he came back as someone else so I moved locations. That’s when I start whipping out the sword. That doesn’t seem to happen anymore, at least not as much.

As i said in another thread, the excuse that you wouldnt do it in real life so you shouldnt do it here is a giant fail.  You wouldnt have sex in public in real life, You wouldnt dance naked in a club in real life. Both would get you arrested. So this whole "you wouldn't do it in real" excuse is horseshit, sorry

RL sex in public can be fun. Just depends on where you do it at. If you go to the right club you can get a stripper to dance nude for u. But I tend to agree that a lot of things done in 3DX are not done in real life. In 3DX I’m a Barbie that never ages.

Random huggers do still happen, but no where near as much as it use to, I think a lot were as Perimede pointed out people creating alts and doing that just to piss people off.

That I think has mostly gone as it can be much easier now to find out who the person actually is, but yes it still does happen.

I think it would mostly now be noobies who do not know they can be found out rather easily now.

When it happens to me I will usually send them a pm saying something like "Do I know you, why did you hug me?" and wait to see what response they give.

Often it is just someone who meant no harm and I will try to explain the trouble it can get them into.

Sometimes though I get a response like "No, and because I can" which normally leads to a temp iggy.

There have been lots of things like this in the game through the years, random huggers and kissers, wankers, people who insist on having sex right at your feet on the dance floor and a range of other things.

They all use to happen lots more than they do now, but again still do happen.

I think when Perimede 1st spoke about where it happened to her she was just giving an example of one thing that does still happen as it had just happened to her.

I think it unfair how some are making such a big deal out of it causing her to explain herself over and over again.

It was not meant to be something like the only reason she feels some tougher measures need to be introduced over alts, but just one thing to add to all other reasons that have been mentioned.

Ok make a joke out of it following where she originally posted, I think we all expect that now.

But to keep harassing her and making her repeat things over and over is really getting old.

Especially when you know it was just one thing she had added to many that had been presented as reasons for the measures to be added.

So why carry on like it is the only thing that is having her ask for measures to be added when you know it is not.

My opinion there, it is just for harassment and your own fun.

Now there are a couple of people in here I feel likely to come back with their normal crap, baits and attempts to degrade.

To them I am not even going to bother responding, I think enough people realise what they are all about now and I do not wish to further participate in their sick little games.

I have already said what I felt I needed to say.

I see your point, but, no, not necessarily.  For example, when offering to couple dance, to partner, or to go to someone's apartment, a confirmation dialog with a timer bar appears in the lower left of the screen. If that were added to the cuddle and kiss-on-the-cheek animation, and the friend you are trying to cuddle doesn't respond, then you can assume that they have crashed. 

I guess so. Personally I find that all more complicated than it needs to be. But since the Devs are never going to implement either your suggestion or mine, there is no reason you shouldn't dream. :D 

Edited by Sage Stoner