JenC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

@JenC

I agree, that screen captures can be made public, but I see a great difference between screen capture randomly shot and uploaded to a server and a live stream broadcasted to everyone.

The argument, that you shouldn't be on the internet if you fear, that you will be streamed in the game is not a good one. The problem is that you have no choice to logoff because you are not aware that a person streams you.

I will you give you an example from real life: When a broadcasting company like the BBC etc. films you and wants to broadcast that in TV they have to ask you if you agree. As a consequence of your objection, that you don't put stuff on the internet it would mean for real people they should stay home to avoid, they would be broadcasted in TV.

Best regards,

Xeno

I understand what you're saying Xeno, and I certainly agree that if youre streaming, that you should inform the person, any decent person or real friend would, I also did see Kitty Quinn in the game yesterday and she has in her profile that shes streaming, so you dont even have to ask her.

I already addressed that nefarious reasons can be and would be preferably done with a screen capture, but its the other concern that I'm not understanding.

The viewers of the adult streaming service Plexstorm, are going to see what? A 3D animated character, with a made up nickname, saying things?

But, if you are meaning towards personal stuff that you would only say to a close friend, then we've come full circle back to my original point about revealing personal and/or real life things to people you don't "really" know on the internet.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see the issue you're raising as any real problem, but a tag like KimmyFox suggested would cool and allay any fears, however real or unfounded they may be, at ease.

• RidgeRet, Galenguab, BrantOn and 2 others like this

#22 Leeloo

Leeloo

Supreme One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in solar system

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

Reading carefully the posts make me think that this is not really a good thing. I feel a lot of "bad peoples" will use this in the wrong way just to cause dramas. And 3DX don't need another way to cause dramas, there is yet enough every day in world chat lol.

• Kisha, Ullubu, Achroi and 7 others like this

#23 XenophiliusLovegood

XenophiliusLovegood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

I understand what you're saying Xeno, and I certainly agree that if youre streaming, that you should inform the person, any decent person or real friend would, I also did see Kitty Quinn in the game yesterday and she has in her profile that shes streaming, so you dont even have to ask her.

I already addressed that nefarious reasons can be and would be preferably done with a screen capture, but its the other concern that I'm not understanding.

The viewers of the adult streaming service Plexstorm, are going to see what? A 3D animated character, with a made up nickname, saying things?

But, if you are meaning towards personal stuff that you would only say to a close friend, then we've come full circle back to my original point about revealing personal and/or real life things to people you don't "really" know on the internet.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see the issue you're raising as any real problem, but a tag like KimmyFox suggested would cool and allay any fears, however real or unfounded they may be, at ease.

@JenC

The important thing is, it's not just a game like others (action games etc.). Yes, there are 3D animated characters, but there are real people behind it and in my experience the most of them transfer their real and deepest feelings into their avatars .. and then these feelings are broadcasted to a worldwide audience, that's the main point.. So even if one has a nick name and is not revealing his real life identity, nevertheless it could cause a big personal emotional damage, because it happens to a real human being (e.g. like Internet Mobbing on social networks).

Best regards,

Xeno

• Leeloo, creamylust, Takisa and 6 others like this

#24 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Cheating and Live Drama on Stream

Screen-Shot-2016-04-20-at-3.12.01-PM.png

• Leeloo, Astral, Dallas and 12 others like this

#25 Dallas

Dallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationBFE

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

this is completely ridiculous, I play this game to enjoy friends, hang out in public and chit chat, the fact that someone (without my consent) is broadcasting to anyone that can log in to the stream site is an avenue to breach of privacy and game play. Plain and simple. This is yet another step towards eliminating privacy and even worse reducing the probability that I will want to meet any new players because I can not trust that anything I say in private will not be broadcast to a random population of people that have no personal investment in the community. Shut this down.

• Leeloo, Akali, creamylust and 15 others like this

#26 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:00 PM

Really, really surprised that 3DXchat would condone this? !!!!!!!!!

Too big a subject to cover something that is VERY, VERY wrong ... but a few obvious issues in short .....

The moment anyone records anything, including the written word, it aquires copyright (no need for registration, it is automatic).

Even if the production could be considered as a joint copyright both authors would need to agree on its publication. 

(from a legal site as regards sharing emails) The sender of the email retains copyright of the email. Civil liability can occur if published in any way that goes beyond "fair use".

Private facts. There is a tort called publication of private facts.

A plaintiff must establish four elements to hold someone liable for publication of private facts:

1. Public Disclosure: The disclosure of facts must be public. Another way of saying this is that the defendant must "give publicity" to the fact or facts in question.
  2. Private Fact: The fact or facts disclosed must be private, and not generally known.
  3. Offensive to a Reasonable Person: Publication of the private facts in question must be offensive to a reasonable person of ordinary sensibilities.
  4. Not Newsworthy: The facts disclosed must not be newsworthy. Stated differently, the facts disclosed must not be a matter of legitimate public concern.

Publishing a sexual encounter with someone without their knowledge or consent would certainly qualify as a tort called publication of private facts.

• Leeloo, Kisha, JessicaX and 13 others like this

#27 Feuermond

Feuermond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Location❤...in Missy's arms...❤

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Publishing a sexual encounter with someone without their knowledge or consent would certainly qualify as a tort called publication of private facts.

Copyright is handled a bit different here, a simple text in a chat is rated not to have enough content for being copyrighted but maybe the whole chat can have. From this point the streaming could (I say "could" not "is") be legal here.

Another thing is publishing a private communication without I was asked and so did not agree to it, that's for sure against law and personal I rate it a reason for setting a new ignore if I get aware of it though somehow.

What I can conclude is that we got permission from Gizmo to stream 3DX content to Plexstorm and I think my ava is not anything private about me because that's simply the game's graphics and the copright of the game's graphics is not to me unlesse I got permission, still; the text in the chat is private.

3DX can promote the streaming if they want, they do not publish private conversations that's the one who stremas does and if it is against law or not depends on the country in which he/she is located.

Thanks for getting an eye on that side of the story, Sputnik.

PS: I rate 3DX on bug quota and new actions my ava can do, not on passive world editor items and not on promotion issues like Instagram or Plexstorm. Just to mention it.

• MurphyEsquire, Achroi, sputnik and 3 others like this

#28 Rodin

Rodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationIm a Vagabond

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Dev`s...you let us vote for a pose editor but not for our privacy ? It is a no go ...

tumblr_mx55q5AnFK1qzqnxxo1_r1_1280.png

and fuck me....

• Achroi, sputnik, JimStevens and 3 others like this

#29 Rodin

Rodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationIm a Vagabond

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

tumblr_p5yl5ecXsd1v68t0mo2_400.gif

• NiceKati likes this

#30 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

Copyright is handled a bit different here, a simple text in a chat is rated not to have enough content for being copyrighted but maybe the whole chat can have. From this point the streaming could (I say "could" not "is") be legal here.

Another thing is publishing a private communication without I was asked and so did not agree to it, that's for sure against law and personal I rate it a reason for setting a new ignore if I get aware of it though somehow.

What I can conclude is that we got permission from Gizmo to stream 3DX content to Plexstorm and I think my ava is not anything private about me because that's simply the game's graphics and the copright of the game's graphics is not to me unlesse I got permission, still; the text in the chat is private.

3DX can promote the streaming if they want, they do not publish private conversations that's the one who stremas does and if it is against law or not depends on the country in which he/she is located.

Thanks for getting an eye on that side of the story, Sputnik.

Hi thanks for your input .... The point is 3DXChat sell into many different nations and they are promoting the use of Private and possibly copyrighted material ... I am trying to refrain from getting into the nitty gritty. BUT .....

There is a big difference from private people copying stuff, posting screenshots/videos/etc, than a business actively promoting the use of copyrighted and Private material of its customers.

I see nowhere in anything I signed with 3DXchat that stated 3DXChat could use or promote the use of my Private communications to other memebers with third parties. I may be wrong and missed it in the small print?

But the legal aspect aside  ... has 3DXchat actually thought about what they are doing? 

• Feuermond, MurphyEsquire, Ullubu and 6 others like this

#31 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Bamboozla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:12 AM

Ummm so ah cant like post a screenshot here of someones pm to me, say abusing me coz ah wont accept their cold invite and show their Av and name so peeps can see this person is an acehole, but someone can stream me and everyting ah say and do in tha game to thousands of others?   ​BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

OMG!! giphy.gif

• Leeloo, MurphyEsquire, Ullubu and 5 others like this

#32 Feuermond

Feuermond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

Dev`s...you let us vote for a pose editor but not for our privacy ? It is a no go ...
But the legal aspect aside  ... has 3DXchat actually thought about what they are doing?

First I think we need to state out the technical aspect: It is not 3DX releasing itself to Plexstorm. You can register at Plexstorm and stream anything that's happening on your screen. So 3DX is a promoter of Plexstorm but not a hoster for or to that service. They can let us vote for privacy but in fact cannot do anything on it except stopping the promotion.

So again: 3DX does not use our private communication in any way. It is me who does so when I start to stream and that is not regarding 3DX only but any Chat, Mail or whatever type of communication. The Plexstorm or whatever stream service has technical nothing to do with 3DX or any other communication platform. The stream service like my radio streaming does only publish what I send, not what any server sends, it only streams and publishes things happening on my machine.

What you can consider is to blame Gizmo for not stating the privacy thing out; that you should ask a private partner for permission or so but 3DX does not really do not acceptable things. On the other hand: This is a game for adults, so why should Gizmo need to warn you about legal issues? You are adult and can do sexgames, so be grown enough too to know your things about law and ethics.

• Achroi, Rodin, XenophiliusLovegood and 3 others like this

#33 Feuermond

Feuermond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

Ummm so ah cant like post a screenshot here of someones pm to me, say abusing me coz

No, you cannot post to 1000 of people, but you can report it to 3DX or to your national police.

#34 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

First I think we need to state out the technical aspect: It is not 3DX releasing itself to Plexstorm. You can register at Plexstorm and stream anything that's happening on your screen.  

There is a big difference to an individual finding Plexstorm and streaming copyright material, than 3DXChat actively promoting it.  

3DXchat may not be the streaming service, but they have indirectly/directly granted Plexstorm permission to stream their copyright material, which includes their members personal communications.

Had 3DXchat been actively protecting our personal communications they could have issued a Take down order, as 3DXchat graphics is copyrighted in itself. Plexstorm would have taken down the odd 3DXchat stream rather than gamble on 3DXchat taking further action.

But they have publicly endorsed the service and the streaming of our personal communications. So 3DXchat has burnt the option to protect our communications  .... we and our personal communications are now at the mercy of any idiot on 3DXchat that wants to hurt another member.

Yes you can report the matter as an individual, after the damage is done ..... but we pay 3DXchat to protect our personal communications and information, not to abuse it for advertisment purposes  :angry:

• Kisha, Feuermond, MurphyEsquire and 8 others like this

#35 Feuermond

Feuermond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

3DXchat may not be the streaming service, but they have indirectly granted Plexstorm permission to stream their copyright material, which includes their members personal communications.

Nope, they have granted right to us to stream 3DX content via Plexstorm. Plexstrom does not need any permission from 3DX. Plexstorm only spreads the streams from us and can refer to that the streaming source, we, have the right to stream.

Maybe 3DX and Plexstorm have a kind of win-win agreement but in fact that does not have any effect on the copyright situation: The stream source is the user, my machine, neither 3DX is the source nor Plexstorm, it is the end user, the 3DX gamer. The gamer needs the right to stream and with starting this thread we can assume for sure Gizmo has granted that right to us: Stream 3DX via Plexstorm. He has NOT granted any streaming right via other services. He has NOT granted any right to Plexstorm.

Anyway a worth discussion to get some people aware of privacy and legal as well as ethic impacts because the problem is now promoted but in fact has existed already before, thank you :)

• Rodin and JimStevens like this

#36 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Bamboozla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

So ah could go to one of these Rape Rooms and stream everyone, their names, profiles, actions, and chat and show lots of peeps who choose to watch what goes on in 3DX. Hmmmm they may have real pics of themselves in their Profiles and may get seen bah someone they know viewing tha stream, eets possible ah guess, or bah anyone who could be law enforcement, or any nutjob ah guess and everyone gets to see that 3DX has Rape Rooms LOL oh if they watch that is.

Ah also wonder if we can stream tha forum ie if ah streamed me reading posts in tha forum perhaps.

Oh Sheeshers cant imagine anyting bad happnin from this. :P

• Leeloo, KimmyFox, MurphyEsquire and 3 others like this

#37 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Nope, they have granted right to us to stream 3DX content via Plexstorm. Plexstrom does not need any permission from 3DX. Plexstorm only spreads the streams from us and can refer to that the streaming source, we, have the right to stream.

Mmmm, maybe you should look at the European Court of Justice ruling on Pirate Bay ... And Pirate Bays failed argument that they only made the trackers available and not the copyright material.

But as you say, Gizmo has granted members the right to stream private messages  .... He has broken our trust  ....

PM is the same as email and both are private and protected in various ways  .... 

If 3DXchat haven't got a signed agreement that they can share our PMs, they had no right to grant anyone the right to stream them  .... 

The clue is in the name PM ... Private Message  .... Personal message

• Feuermond, MurphyEsquire, Ullubu and 5 others like this

#38 Feuermond

Feuermond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

Mmmm, maybe you should look at the European Court of Justice ruling on Pirate Bay ... And Pirate Bays failed argument that they only made the trackers available and not the copyright material.

Correct, but maybe you should know that against the USA in Europe we do not have that system of precedent, the next case can be judged otherwise. And  even if so it means priate bay has to be down in the EU but not elsewhere. EU as well as the USA only think their laws have to be accpeted from the whole world.

But as you say, Gizmo has granted members the right to stream private messages  .... He has broken our trust  ....

He did but if that's breaking our thrust everybody my judge on for himself/herself.

PM is the same as email and both are private and protected in various ways  .... 

I completly agree on that one

If 3DXchat haven't got a signed agreement that they can share our PMs, they had no right to grant anyone the right to stream them  .... 

Again: They do not share our PM, a user that streams will do it.

The clue is in the name PM ... Private Message  .... Personal message

Yes

Anyway guys: If 3DX promotes or not, anybody can spread around anything you say or do at any time. Beware of that before you put real photos of you into your profile. Or do you not lock your car because stealing is forbidden? Gizmo does not promote using foreign cars, so it is safe, huh?

• XenophiliusLovegood, JimStevens and NiceKati like this

#39 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

Yes you are correct there is no official doctrine of precedent in EU law  ... as it was an imperative that the courts of first and last instance that were bound by treaties could have the power to depart from earlier decisions ... however case-law is the cornerstone of EU law.

• NiceKati likes this

#40 Matrix

Matrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

I understand the value of allowing this to happen to promote new sales. 

Perhaps there is a suitable compromise. 

Perhaps a PlexStorm room should be set-up (with the help of Gizmo) with a warning sign at its entrance that anything in this room can be broadcasted live on a streaming service.  It would render anything that happens in that room as  ' use at your own risk '.

• Nikki, Heden, Feuermond and 11 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users