Photo

(CANCELED FOR NOW)Tribute to Music n Artists + 6 Months on 3dx party+ EUGENE B-DAY December 2

party music event live live djs live mix djs december

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 nobody

nobody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

ok so only legit dj will play yes ????

iiis yes please count me in :)

#22 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

ok so only legit dj will play yes ????

iiis yes please count me in :)

this event is to honor artists n creators by playing legal bought music n inspire ppl to support them .

pm me what post says plz track list n proof u own this music <3 and ofc ur in game name hehe

#23 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

so far djs that have provide  their legal music 

Icecream
                                                     Alivia 
                                                     Makkye 
                                                     Miss jus
                                                     Crix pl 
                                                    Chloe 

maybe 1-2 more spots have left <3

• Niccolo likes this

#24 chloe

chloe

Chloe β™₯ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

I first thought WTF as Alivia told me her party idea but after a first schock :P I got excited about it. This event is not meant to point a finger to us all that we play tracks we didn't paid for. It's just a wake up that we should also care about the artists.

As a private person you can become very easily legal. Just subscribe to Spotify or any other similar streaming service (also some are legit for professional DJs). Some would say now, noooooo the artists are getting way to less through this. Might be not wrong at all but also if you buy a track from beatport a lot of people withhold their share before the artist get the rest.

Anyway, as a DJ you could also use those services for private usage if your DJ software supports it. It's btw a nice way to start deejaying because the costs are low and you get a pretty good quality. If you need more information about this, feel free to pm me. I also started like that but meanwhile I have a new controller and I am using SERATO DJ. 

So back to topic. The last month I used the Pulselocker DJ streaming service, or better I tried to use it. It lacks lots of songs I wanted to play so I ended up buying those on Beatport. But this was in total to expensive for me... so I canceled Pulselocker again. This wasn't the first service I tried. All more or less didn't fulfill my needs. So I was in a dilemma.

To be honest, I started to use illegal downloads again and I will tell you why. Since I am no professional DJ I don't have any income therefore. As a private person I already pay Spotify and I am also willed to pay for some tracks I really like and which I play more often as just one time. But I don't see the need to pay for everything I will ever spin. 

So I looked through my sets of the last time which songs I really love and played often and which I didn't bought already and I found some. Since I will not using any DJ service anymore I decided to buy them, not only for this event but from conviction.

That's why I support this event. Sometimes we need an external trigger to remind us of what is important to us. For me beside personal things it is MUSIC

My wish for the future is that we all remember from time to time that it costs a lot of work to produce a song and we should honor that. In my eyes it is not necessary as long as you are a hobby DJ in a virtual sex world that you buy all your music. But supporting your beloved artists or some underground dogs on whatever way would be a nice move.

I just bought 10 tracks from beatport I didn't already (legit) owned and it was a good feeling.

I am really looking forward to this event.

CU there and around the virtual world

KISSES Chloe

Edited by chloe, 09 November 2017 - 08:50 AM.

• Felia, JessicaX, Aliviax and 1 other like this

#25 Nikki

Nikki

𝔓𝔯𝔬π”ͺ𝔦𝔰𝕔𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰 π”Šπ”¦π”―π”©

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

Heya Aliva,

Nice idea with the Event. Thus I really doubt its a real headsup cuz some ppl never change. Its like fighting against windmills. I love your effort tho. At least someone who got that it is all about recognition of the artist. Thumbs up for that.

I do have a message for some "legit" DJ's here:

So you have prove for one event in the hope that people will finally look at you beeing all legit. Thats really smart of you.

But let me tell you something. Buying tracks for one Event doesent make you legit. You are just legit for that one Event. Just like kleptomaniac people: They buy a pack of bubblegums to get out of a store with their bags full of things. You can lie to people or yourself as much as you want. Noone who plays illegal content for months and years is suddenly legit.

Yes. So much yes! This Event is a good chance to finally feel and realize what spinning tracks is all about. And some might learn a lesson or two, or even might like to be on light side of the force for a day.

I get that music is expensive. Entertainment is expensive and yes we do it for free here and most of us do it as hobby. But having a hobby doesent mean you should steal stuff because you dont have an income from that. I would like to see all hobbiest suddenly starting to steal things. The world would go down in anarchy.

So all I can say is that one event wont validate you as legit DJ or whatever some are hoping this will do. You can only proof yourself by keep doing it like that. Always!

1. Buy your tracks
  2. Put some effort in your mixes
  3. Have a lots of fun (and people too!!)

I really hope you have a great Event and it turns out well. And for thoose that will taste how a bought track feels. Keep doing so! Its worth it!

tumblr_m9zl8fBvJH1r6kg9io1_500.gif

• Chilles, KYUSS and XxDesireexX like this

#26 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓡𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 β„‹π“ͺ𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Locationπ”Šπ”’π”―π”ͺπ”žπ”«π‘¦

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Tribute for art and Artists? :)

Someone could Add a Station pay the needed Webcasting Licenses like ASCAP, BMI & SESAC as a kind of official Radio and all DJ's who is a part could help with the costs.

Very cheap and easy and art, Artists - Songwriter gets their real tribute.

• Nikki and RobPathfinder like this

#27 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Someone could Add a Station pay the needed Webcasting Licenses like ASCAP, BMI & SESAC as a kind of official Radio and all DJ's who is a part could help with the costs.

Achiles im very new to this so i dont know what it is

#28 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

A small update to the djs
Jessicax also will dj <3
  • chloe likes this

#29 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Heya Aliva,

Nice idea with the Event. Thus I really doubt its a real headsup cuz some ppl never change. Its like fighting against windmills. I love your effort tho. At least someone who got that it is all about recognition of the artist. Thumbs up for that.

I do have a message for some "legit" DJ's here:

So you have prove for one event in the hope that people will finally look at you beeing all legit. Thats really smart of you.

But let me tell you something. Buying tracks for one Event doesent make you legit. You are just legit for that one Event. Just like kleptomaniac people: They buy a pack of bubblegums to get out of a store with their bags full of things. You can lie to people or yourself as much as you want. Noone who plays illegal content for months and years is suddenly legit.

Yes. So much yes! This Event is a good chance to finally feel and realize what spinning tracks is all about. And some might learn a lesson or two, or even might like to be on light side of the force for a day.

I get that music is expensive. Entertainment is expensive and yes we do it for free here and most of us do it as hobby. But having a hobby doesent mean you should steal stuff because you dont have an income from that. I would like to see all hobbiest suddenly starting to steal things. The world would go down in anarchy.

So all I can say is that one event wont validate you as legit DJ or whatever some are hoping this will do. You can only proof yourself by keep doing it like that. Always!

• Buy your tracks
  • Put some effort in your mixes
  • Have a lots of fun (and people too!!)

I really hope you have a great Event and it turns out well. And for thoose that will taste how a bought track feels. Keep doing so! Its worth it!

tumblr_m9zl8fBvJH1r6kg9io1_500.gif
ty nikki im very new to all this also dont know msny stuff im not even 6 months in this game,i dj like 2 months but i can assure u that this is the first event of many that will come n ill be happy to host n promote.

#30 chloe

chloe

Chloe β™₯ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Don't forget GEMA & GVL for the German streamers ^^ ... maybe you should stop care about what people do in there private rooms here. This is starting to become a joke! 

I think we all will meet again in hell since I think the chance is really small that no one ever did used illegal content, like watching movies from usb or using images for posters or profile pics ^^ 

We still doing here private partys! 

• Felia likes this

#31 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓡𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 β„‹π“ͺ𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

Achiles im very new to this so i dont know what it is

Performance rights Organisations (PRO)

#32 Nikki

Nikki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Don't forget GEMA & GVL for the German streamers ^^ ... maybe you should stop care about what people do in there private rooms here. This is starting to become a joke!

I think we all will meet again in hell since I think the chance is really small that no one ever did used illegal content, like watching movies from usb or using images for posters or profile pics ^^

I agree partly on it

But then we shouldn't call it "Tribute to Music and Artists"

That kinda defeats the purpose of this event if it's not done 100% serious.

Its would be on par with the "Cancer Awareness Events"

Do they contribute to the research of cancer? Or do they raise funds to help people with cancer? I haven't seen a single event that does that here.

Just a big joke and attention grabs for numbers to me.

I do appreciate Alivia effort to at least try. But people and their opinion about music will never change. Plus I would have done a proper research what'd needed for such an event before doing so though.

#33 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

I agree partly on it

Do they contribute to the research of cancer? Or do they raise funds to help people with cancer? I haven't seen a single event that does that here.

I do appreciate Alivia effort to at least try. But people and their opinion about music will never change. Plus I would have done a proper research what'd needed for such an event before doing so though.

I applaud Alivia for doing this. If even 1 person buys new music or picks up a new sub, then the event will have served it's purpose.

• Felia, chloe, Aliviax and 2 others like this

#34 chloe

chloe

Chloe β™₯ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

I agree partly on it

You are maybe right with the Cancer event even if I don't think it was about personal attention, the indentation was more to focus on this topic. 

But back to this event. If only paid music is played means that the music was bought and so the artists have received their share, right?

Alivia neither plan to open up a real club or plan to call a new radio station to life. So really if we talk about club or radio station licenses I must laugh. 

Yes, many here play ripped or downloaded tracks they did not paid for. But this is as long as they don't make money with it no criminal offence.

I have been honest and have described in detail how I have handled it over the last few years.

And the proportion of my played music, which was either for private use (Spotify) or even officially to spin in public was over 90%.

Maybe not everyone is a fan of streaming services, but they are legal. And yes, some of them even legal for real clubs.

Because of that and because otherwise not much has been written about the topic here, except for Alivia's inital post, I feel attacked by your post Nikki.

To claim that some people want to be seen as legit djs through buying music for one event is a groundless assumption. 

• Felia likes this

#35 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Tribute...

music_is_the_drug1-record-needle-arm.jpg

583552CHAOSTIKA.gif

Bjk3RLFCUAAnt5V.jpg

tumblr_o0ose9Noon1rc0hxao1_400.gif

• KYUSS and Crixon666 like this

#36 Nikki

Nikki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Have fun everyone :)

#37 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓡𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 β„‹π“ͺ𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

And you should stop to care about my postings :P ;)

It was just a Tip and a Suggestion and I don't care about parties or any things else because it isn't my problem and I doesn't need to be a part of.

#38 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

Let's please just focus on the event and not get into semantics about legality and all the rules and laws behind it. Alivia is trying to make an event to support artists and persuade the purchase of music. I don't really understand how this is a bad thing is any way. Sure there can always be more things that can be done. It's not as good as donating a life savings to the recording industry but it's something... and it's a lot more supportive to the industry than what I have seen anyone else do here for private parties. 

• Felia, chloe, KYUSS and 1 other like this

#39 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

drama.jpg?id=55523288

kf2h4.jpg

16mhsi.jpg

Madness-3.gif

giphy.gif

ps: 

today, pls, feel free to do ur own personal "handjob" and report this post
 to be or have it deleted if wished, wanted und genietet aeh, needed 

greetings n signed by : mr. n mrs. so not sorry - this time

2389206_o.gif

• KYUSS likes this

#40 chloe

chloe

Chloe β™₯ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

start stop start stop start stop s....

You are very binary KYUS ^^ 

• chaostika and KYUSS like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: party, music, event, live, live djs, live mix, djs, december

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users