3DXChat Community

Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

XenophiliusLovegood

Alternate Avatars  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

I have a theory about that, Mei. Not that i’ll say on a public forum. Seriously though it’s about the people who’ve landed in 3dx Chat and have created a vibe. I also feel that the trouble makers have been allowed to get away with too much for too long.

I don't get why we have to pay for knowing who hidding behind the sec and third avis , you just have to block the avi who piss you up and that's it, all the other will be blocked at the same time. problem solved. no?

No... not problem solved unless you ignore every person you come in contact with. The mindfucks can also come from those who you think are close to you.

As I understand it Pandora is on the dark web, accessed through Tor or something and paid for by bitcoin ........................... does that say 'this is a reputable product' to you?

Well, in the first place, if you care about privacy, then Tor is a lot more secure than ordinary browsers, which are designed to send all all kinds of personal data to your ISP and other parties. In the second place, you don't have to pay to use Pandora. It provides some useful information even if you don't use a credit to reveal alts, such as when a user last logged on. And you get five free credits a month. So, "product?" Some might call it a "public service."  

Ok let's finally bring in the real reason that people do not want alts to be recognised in any way as being an alt.

Let's add to ExHarans list of what so many people feel they should be able to do and will say it is only role playing.

We all know it yet will never see any of the people who fight so hard against any suggestion of anything that will stop them from being able to do it say what it is.

It is my opinion and here I am pretty sure I am right, that it is the main reason any polls done like this will always show more against it.

Men will not be able to have their male avi, create a female alt and so easily have everyone believe they are a female behind the keyboard.

So there I have said it, no one seemed to be prepared to, even though we all know it is the truth.

My bad.

I'm sure that's correct for some Twiggy. But there's also a large number of sociopaths who do not give 2 shits about your privacy or morals or any other thing that does not directly affect them.

I'm also a bit tired of people saying it's paranoid behavior to worry about this. That's basically denying that it happens.

3dx used to be much more friendly. Local chat was always fun and active. Fast forward to how things are today. That's not result of people being paranoid. It's result of not being able to trust others. This didn't just randomly happen. There's damn good and very justified reasons why most people stay in small circles now.

So there I have said it, no one seemed to be prepared to, even though we all know it is the truth.

Well, in addition to what Jessica said about sociopaths, I will also say that there are a lot of men who openly acknowledge that they use female avis. There is also a huge community of transgender people who make their sexual identity perfectly clear in their profiles. And, amazingly enough, the number of women who either play as a futanari or use a male avi is on the increase. 

So, once again, your poorly worded generalizations fail to tell us anything we didn't already know while casting aspersion on a particular class of people. 

Irrespective of what you think the truth is, the fact of the matter is that the majority of players do not want a "common parent nickname" attached to their avi. And, if the real truth be told, your accusations tell us a lot more about you yourself than about what is happening on 3DX, much of which is obviously never seen by you. 

I totally agree there are a lot that openly say they are not the sex of the avi, and that there are also a lot of transgenders that are also open about it, I never said I didn't

I believe there are far more that are not open about it though, and they are the ones that are so against any thing that will make it so people have a chance to find out.

If you took it as generalisation then you took it wrong, now way do I feel all men are doing this, not by a long shot, but there are far to many that do.

I think the majority of men that have female avis marked as being male operated, and same goes for transgenders, wouldn't care if we had a way to tell alts from main avis or whos alts are whos.

The way I see it is there are 3 main reasons for people not wanting anything like it...

They want to be able to have avis the opposite sex and leave it that people will think they are that sex in real life.

There are those who are playing like multiple games with their separate avis where if they get found out will cause trouble, like people who are in what are meant to be committed relationships with 2 or more avis.

And as Jessica said the sociopaths.

But I believe the main one is the amount of players that want to have it so people think they are the sex or gender of the alt being used and there is a considerable amount of them.

I actually think the biggest group of people don't want it to change, because they value their privacy with this being a sex game full of wacky people and all. Plus a lot of people just don't like change and basically accept things how they are. It's kind of amusing how people have decided Pandora is fine now even though it reveals much more then anything that could be implemented inside 3DX just, because its been around for a while. I have came to the conclusion it simple doesn't matter that much. I also have my doubts that the number of people who play a significant amount with both genders is that large, I am actually kind of curious about that maybe someone who knows better can tell us.

If you took it as generalisation then you took it wrong, now way do I feel all men are doing this, not by a long shot, but there are far to many that do.

No, Twiggy, I did not take it wrong.  You wrote it wrong.

We have been though this before. You write very poorly at times. And saying "Men will not be able to . . .  blah blah blah" is not the same as saying "There are some men who . . .  blah blah blah" or "There are certain players who . . . blah blah blah."  

I happen to think and from my past experiences in the game its much higher then you think. much much higher.  But one thing i have also learned is just because a woman has a female avi as well as a male, does not make her a man. Ive had female avis i made for the fun of it, dont really take them out in public but still make them and i am certainly not female. As a matter of fact i have Boberta (lol) right now. I do tell all my friends and wc its me but the fact remains its female

If i had to put a number on it, maybe 60 percent and that's being very conservative. That's multi gendered avis, not just people who are trying to fool people. Many many people are very open about it. Trust me, i was against them all doing it when i first got here but since have softened my stance. As long as they aren't trying to fuck me over, dont care.

LiL3FQB.png

Wondering how Roberta sex debate will be on LedZep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsyYCO3NYGA

I have zero issues with people playing a different gender. I don't even have an issue with people playing 3 completely different avis with different genders. The issue for me is people who think it's fun to play with someone else's emotions. I have lost some good friends here because of this. A straight guy falls for someone and later learns it's a guy. Now we can go into semantics of this all day and some will say it was his own fault for allowing it to happen. We are all built different and handle things differently. There's also the fact that everyone has their own degree of involvement and how personal things become and lastly... we are all here for different reasons and we all get different things from all this.

That being said... I think it's cruel and subhuman to deceive and play around with another person's emotions like a toy.

That is really the main problem now in 3dx, too many ppl's subscribe in by thinking it's a dating site for real life met, I'm really disappointed to see a potential roleplaying game now turning in that way. At the first time I subcribed it was not only for sex and curiosity i played that game ,but mostly to evade from my real life and trying to have fun in roleplaying many different personality. By what i read now, most ppl's hate roleplayers, thinking they are only there as trouble maker and doing mindplay with peoples around. It's very sad to hear that.

That is really the main problem now in 3dx, too many ppl's subscribe in by thinking it's a dating site for real life met, I'm really disappointed to see a potential roleplaying game now turning in that way. At the first time I subcribed it was not only for sex and curiosity i played that game ,but mostly to evade from my real life and trying to have fun in roleplaying many different personality. By what i read now, most ppl's hate roleplayers, thinking they are only there as trouble maker and doing mindplay with peoples around. It's very sad to hear that.

We all have our own ways here. I don't look down on anyone for how they play. Myself... I have anxiety issues irl and always found it difficult to meet people so 3dx is very therapeutic for me in that aspect.

No, Twiggy, I did not take it wrong.  You wrote it wrong.

We have been though this before. You write very poorly at times. And saying "Men will not be able to . . .  blah blah blah" is not the same as saying "There are some men who . . .  blah blah blah" or "There are certain players who . . . blah blah blah."  

Yes we have been through this before and you will have certainly known I did not mean all men from those times we have been through this before.

But yes I agree I could be more fussy about how I put things so people won't take things wrong, or others won't make something out of it like you have and say things like it says something about me in return.

I have said many times in these forums that I not only don't believe all men do this but have gone further and said I actually believe most men don't, and you know this from those times we have gone through this before.

So actually it is what you have done here that says something about you.

There are a lot of different reasons for those who do not want anything done that will allow people to see who is behind an alt, or even do not want it to be known it is an alt at all.

If we think about what those reasons are, the main ones being as I explained earlier and Rockster also explained, and then think of all the trouble being caused by people miss using alts.

Then is it not true that we are all having to bare that trouble so these people can keep their alts secretive.

So SOME men, some transgenders and some females can play the opposite sex and have people believe they are that sex behind the keyboard.

So some people can play multiple games and have multiple relationships.

So people who just play the game to mess with people can use alts to do so.

All put together there is quite a large number of them, and they are the ones determine to keep things the way they are.

If you look at all the things that have been discussed in this and other threads where harm is being done to not only the players but the game itself because we can not tell who owns an alt.

Then we are paying a high price for these people to be able to do that.

It just crossed my mind that one way to deal with this could be to have dual-worlds, split in two and accessible from a newly designed main location menu which you land on when entering and choose to go to from login. All public rooms are duplicated, one destination is for 'anything goes' where people can be whatever they want with no repercussions (but nothing illegal), the other destination is more like a real world place where people are expected to be more genuine. User-based rooms would also be listed in either of these two places according to the wishes of the lister. Dunno if it would work.

I already suggested similar things in my own troll words in other topix few months ago, but no ones taken my words seriously. Never feed a troll some say,I know.

Sagie is obviously happy to associate with drug runners, arms dealers and peadophiles - yeah I know he isn't really, I just couldn't resist teasing him.

Another seriously though, Jess is exactly right, the fact we're having a decent discussion about this is fantastic. This bunch of issues aren't easy but it's great we're having a go at getting to grips with them. The poll may show that people are generally not in favour of Xeno's suggestion, but the fact we're still talking about it shows we recognise the issues and want to see what can be done.

Well for a bit of extra server space they could more or less make everyone happy.

I tend to disagree for a main reason: mind fuckers won't change. They go anywhere they can come from their dirty games. 

Again there are less issues with peoples who belong to the group 3 than with others. There might be some fights but not long term drama. You don't have the need to use feelings to do what you want. But trust is important to explore fantasies.    

Perimede: a forum is lile TV news: it is focused on topic. There are more important topics (bugs, gameplay) but they are less interesting. It might be the reason of this long life topic. 

Have a nice day

Kiss

I looked at what Rockster suggested and do know that type of thing has been suggested before, and I think it is a good idea but not sure if it needs to go that far.

This is just throwing something in the works, haven't really had enough free time to think it right through.

But I was also thinking of a poll done a while back now on if we should go to one avi or stay at 3.

In that poll it showed there were more that wanted to stay with 3 avis but I think it still had around 20% said they would prefer to just have it one avi.

I am not sure if this would work or not, but I do know it would be easier to implement than 2 separate games the same.

What if we have it so people can select to go to just one avi.

If they do they cannot go back.

Then also have it so the people that do go to one avi can open rooms to one avi players only.

Even just 20% of the player base would give a decent amount to be able to do this I think.

Plus the players that have chosen to just have 1 slot can also still go and mix with the general crowd when they want.

My thoughts on this is it would give players that are concerned about alts and things places to go in these rooms that are only available to them where they can have better trust in the people in there.

It may need some more to be added to it but I think it is worth some thought.

Hi everybody,

just a short interjection from me:

I am fascinated how the topic lived up again ... It was quiet for a week or so when Niblette started the discussion again, by recognizing what I meant with "common parent nickname". I am really happy, that there is a lively discussion here in progress - I have really problems to read all posts contemporary, because so many posts arrive in such a short a time.

But one thing makes me really happy, and Jessica and Perimede stated this before:

Although there are controversial opinions, all of those members posting in this thread are respectful with each other, factual and also respect the other opinions. Even if they disagree, they argue with their examples to support their opinions.

And this is great!

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU !!! to all of you!!!

I really like you,

Xeno  :)

Hi everybody,

just a short interjection from me:

I am fascinated how the topic lived up again ... It was quiet for a week or so when Niblette started the discussion again, by recognizing what I meant with "common parent nickname". I am really happy, that there is a lively discussion here in progress - I have really problems to read all posts contemporary, because so many posts arrive in such a short a time.

But one thing makes me really happy, and Jessica and Perimede stated this before:

Although there are controversial opinions, all of those members posting in this thread are respectful with each other, factual and also respect the other opinions. Even if they disagree, they argue with their examples to support their opinions.

And this is great!

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU !!! to all of you!!!

I really like you,

Xeno  :)

You re right. Copy/pasted subjective opinions without arguments but with skipping arguments. That's why it`s just a TV show.

Have a good show time  ^_^

Yes there are lots that wouldn't want to loose their 2nd and 3rd slots, but they don't have to, I mean it is only for the ones that do want to to get back some security and trust in the game.

As I said, there was a poll a while ago where something like 20% of people preferred to have it as just one avi so I would expect there would be a decent number would look at taking it up.

I actually would be one of them, just so I could go into rooms where there were only people who had the same view on it.

I would open rooms for it as well.

I do very little with my 2nd and 3rd slots and really wouldn't miss them much at all.

Mostly I only used them for creating rooms and with the save feature that is not really needed now.

I wouldn't need to be able to change my avi, but maybe some would like to have that and is worth having, as long as the name stays the same.

Things wouldn't change much for the ones that choose not to go to one avi, they wouldn't see the rooms listed where they cannot go because of it.

Even without a badge people would eventually get to know who is on only a one avi account and who isn't, not sure if that would create any problems but at the moment I can't see where it would, other than people on a one avi account may get a little more trust.

It would enable for both types of games to be played where as at the moment it is a little hard to play the non roll play type of game.

I joined back in March of 2015.  Yes, I do have 3 avis but they are also listed on my profile.  The one I had created was when I deleted MarMohan but recreated MarMohan so the name wasn't taken then once I returned to the game I created a built alt which doesn't go into public.  It doesn't matter if you have an alt avi or not some are just the way they are and not all will use an alt avi to screw you over, mindfuck you and so on.  For the ones that do use an alt avi to do that it won't matter to them if they have an @parentname as it's cheaper to buy a new account to do it.  It shouldn't matter if you're a male or female behind the screen unless you're getting involved with someone that believes you are the sex you're playing. Also there are a lot of people who don't read profiles as well so even putting that on there isn't really going to make much of a difference.  For the huggers/colders, while I don't like it either, I'm not going to throw a fit over it or be rude to someone.  I'll do as I've always done and ask them politely to not do it again, when it's a cold request for a dance or invite, I simply click Disagree or let the time run out.  If they do it again, I message them asking them to stop.  You never know if it's someone who's come back to the game you know or someone random.  I found that one person was a long time friend and they caught me in WC as they had others.  So assuming is a huge thing in game once you get over that and just enjoy the game you'll see your experience is much better.  I just enjoy the game as it is a game without expectations from anyone because when I log out, I log out.  I have contact with some people outside and I'm on here, so I don't always have to be in game to talk to people.  I control the contact that I have with people in the game not the other way around.  When you have control of your game play it makes a huge difference then letting someone else get to you and control it.

I've seen it's been mentioned here that people are on the game like they are a dating site expecting to meet and be with someone in real.  If you're looking for that state it in your profile and to someone you're getting close to that you have interest in.  If you're expecting them to know and you don't tell them, you can't get pissed off they don't want you in real, it's that simple.

It boils down to this, you here about people being exclusive but with the 3 avis and the ability to create another account, do you really expect that they will, the probability is very unlikely but to a few that choose to keep to it.  You're not exclusive to the person behind the computer but the avi with which you have entered into an exclusive relationship with.  Looking at it from that angle, may help those that get upset when someone does that to them.

The keys to relationships and friendships are communication, attentiveness, honesty and most of all trust.  Trust is huge with anyone even in real, once you break that the likelihood of getting that back is slim to none.  It's easier to get of the others with a reason behind it but once you break that trust it's done.

This game boils down to trust, you either be honest about yourself, who and what you want and enjoy the game without breaking the rules.  While some will argue that they follow the rules even when creating an alt avi to mindfuck people.  This is online nothing is black and white and never will be.  People use pictures from online and claim it's them, no way of stopping that either.