3DXChat Community

Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

XenophiliusLovegood

Alternate Avatars  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

There are various different kinds of players in 3DX.

Β 

Group 1: There is what I believe to be the largest group and the core group of players, and are those who have been members of the community for a long period of time and who are the main financial supporters of the game via their regular subs. These people have formed lasting friendships in the game, know who everyone is, often have formed exclusive romantic relationships in 3DX. Some of them use 3DX to build a reputation as a fantastic DJ or party host or builder, for them 3DX is about community. They use 3DX as an extension (or for personal reasons a substitute) of their real world personal socializing.Β  For them, an @handle would be of huge benefit.

Β 

Group 2: Then a much smaller group who are those who have also been in 3DX for a long time, but who are more sinister and like the internet trolls on so many public forums, they are able to hide behind the anonymity the internet provides and in 3DX can continually create new characters in order to cause distress and do power plays over others, thinking of the real people behind the avis as nothing more than pawns, because they just get their kicks by screwing with other people. For them 3DX is about power. For this group an @handle would be a nightmare.

Β 

Group 3: Then we have those who may have been in the game for a long time as well, who see it more as a conventional video game and do not worry themselves with the people behind the avis so much, they come on to explore different personas and just hook-up sexually. For them 3DX is about sexual expression and discovery more than anything else. For these people an @handle would be disruptive.

Β 

Group 4: Then we have those who join, play for a while then leave, either because they feel the game is not what they were looking for in features, or they find that some of the toxicity (often a result of the alt-usage we are discussing) going around is not to their taste. These people are an un-tapped resource, coming in regularly but slowly trickling back out again. For these people an @handle would just be accepted as part of the platform and possibly would help keep some of them around.

Β 

I am not sure about these four groups they don't really sound right somehow and I have real doubts group 1 is anywhere close to the biggest. Group 3 also sounds to tightly defined in my opinion the groups here are more like this at least based on how they perceive the game.

Β 

Group 1: Wants 3DX to be like a dating site basically they will ask for RL info right away, and don't treat things like a game at all. It is also one of the smaller groups here and they mostly leave or change their minds. Their end goal in for the game to lead to meeting, and dating in RL.

Β 

Group 2: Wants 3DX to be like a social network where people are basically honest in their profile and are playing themselves in game. They are not necessarily looking to date or for things to lead to a RL thing. This group is bigger then group one but still not a majority of players.

Β 

Group 3: Made up of longer term players who have friends they trust, and are themselves trusted. They might be open to meeting in RL or, doing things outside the game with other players, but at some level its still a game to them.

Β 

Group 4: This is the largest group by far they see things as a game, and basically do whatever makes themselves feel good without caring overly much about the feelings of others. However, most of them still care about RL gender, but likely nothing else about the person they are colding, or hitting on.

Β 

Group 5: Sees the game as a sexual RPing game and has no deep feelings about things one way or the other. They can move into one of the other groups with time or remain in this group.

Β 

Group 6: Is made up of trolls who go out of their way to cause people trouble.

I've only been playing for 7 months, so maybe I just haven't yet had the "Come to Jesus" moment where I learn that all of my friends are actually terrible people.Β  But the game I've been playing doesn't seem like the one that keeps getting talked about here.

Β 

I've seen multiple people here say that trust is the biggest problem with 3dxchat, and the evidence provided for this is a lack of talking in Local.Β  I've definitely seen a lack of talking in Local, but it feels to me that it's more a result of people talking with their friends than not trusting.Β  I talk in local a lot (some say too much) but as I get into more and more Group and PM conversations, I find that I have less time to devote to Local.Β  Yes, I'm saying that Local chat has dropped off as people have made more friends, not as they've become distrustful.Β  In my opinion, the biggest problem with 3dxchat is an inadequate chat system.Β  Give us keyboard combinations to switch between chat tabs (instead of needing to click) and the ability to undock tabs and see multiple conversations at the same time, and I think you'd get a lot more talking in Local than any change involving alts would.

Β 

I have seen alt misbehavior, but nowhere near as often as these discussions seem to imply that it's happening.

Β 

I'm going try to say this with utmost respect and no mal intent.Β  I hope it comes across in the way I mean.Β  But, I think some of you are letting theΒ intensity of your pain color your impression of its frequency.Β  Some of you have been hurt very badly, and I don't want to discount that.Β  I'm sorry for your pain.Β  But I don't think the terrible things that happened to you happen to everyone, or even a majority of people.Β  And I certainly don't think they happen every day, or even every week. Β 

Β 

As one of the relatively new people that you're trying to protect with these suggested cures, I'll say that many of them sound worse than the disease.Β  And I say that even though I don't have nor want an alt.

Β 

Tlaera

Neither the game I am playing.Β 

Β 

Peeps here for sexual motivation (the majority) are less involved in dramas. They have friends, long term friendship too, and as I mentioned it before, trust and respect are the basis to explore sexual fantasies. They don't bring RL in the game and mainly won't bring the game in real life. They don't feel the need to show off by having crowded rooms or being the best DJ ever. They are not trolls. So I wonder why this category seems to be so despised.Β 

Neither the game I am playing.Β 

Β 

Peeps here for sexual motivation (the majority) are less involved in dramas. They have friends, long term friendship too, and as I mentioned it before, trust and respect are the basis to explore sexual fantasies. They don't bring RL in the game and mainly won't bring the game in real life. They don't feel the need to show off by having crowded rooms or being the best DJ ever. They are not trolls. So I wonder why this category seems to be so despised.

Β 

Lots of negative assumptions in this post.

Hi Tia, you've made a good point. The bad behaviour seems to go in phases, I was going to say spurts given one of the annoyances ingame. I think, and I hope I don't speak too soon, that overall things are improving, partly due to the discussions we have here. I've not been confronted by a naked wanker for a while or somebody who seems to assume that just because you're there you're going to fuck. As I've said before it's the attitude stuff that gets to me more, mostly in game I've been lucky with the reputation destruction stuff. There are people here who've taken a whole load of crap from people. I suppose one classic example people quote is that they come under a lot of pressure to prove they are female rl, and succumb to the pressure, only to have it thrown back at them - I assume so as to make them feel bad or to discredit them in some way. I can see how that sort of thing can be very hurtful. Nobody likes to be made out to be somebody other than they are, or a liar.

Β 

The people who do cause trouble cause far more of it than their numbers would suggest, and it can be really, really unpleasant for some people. I don't think it wise to underestimate the damage they can do to the game.

Β 

I can only speak for myself here but I do find that when someone new talks to me in game I feel a little uncertain and want to check them out a bit first, just in case. An empty profile shows they're either a noob, which is OK, or up to something. I don't feel good about being wary of noobs, like they should be made to feel welcome. It's not my fault I've come to feel this way, it is the fault of the people who've undermined the 'all noobs welcome' thing by behaving badly.

No negative assumptions, Jessica. I listen a lot, read a lot world chat and local. I know what I read and the source of many dramas are some i have mentioned plus jealousy. So If I hurted you, it would not be my purpose.

And I have nothing to add, I leave this topic.

It was just the way it was stated made me raise an eyebrow. It seemed like you were saying the ones that are not here for sex roleplay are all the trouble makers.

Β 

To each their own and I don't judge but role play got boring for me years ago.

I've only been playing for 7 months, so maybe I just haven't yet had the "Come to Jesus" moment where I learn that all of my friends are actually terrible people.Β  But the game I've been playing doesn't seem like the one that keeps getting talked about here.

Β 

I've seen multiple people here say that trust is the biggest problem with 3dxchat, and the evidence provided for this is a lack of talking in Local.Β  I've definitely seen a lack of talking in Local, but it feels to me that it's more a result of people talking with their friends than not trusting.Β  I talk in local a lot (some say too much) but as I get into more and more Group and PM conversations, I find that I have less time to devote to Local.Β  Yes, I'm saying that Local chat has dropped off as people have made more friends, not as they've become distrustful.Β  In my opinion, the biggest problem with 3dxchat is an inadequate chat system.Β  Give us keyboard combinations to switch between chat tabs (instead of needing to click) and the ability to undock tabs and see multiple conversations at the same time, and I think you'd get a lot more talking in Local than any change involving alts would.

Β 

I have seen alt misbehavior, but nowhere near as often as these discussions seem to imply that it's happening.

Β 

I'm going try to say this with utmost respect and no mal intent.Β  I hope it comes across in the way I mean.Β  But, I think some of you are letting theΒ intensity of your pain color your impression of its frequency.Β  Some of you have been hurt very badly, and I don't want to discount that.Β  I'm sorry for your pain.Β  But I don't think the terrible things that happened to you happen to everyone, or even a majority of people.Β  And I certainly don't think they happen every day, or even every week. Β 

Β 

As one of the relatively new people that you're trying to protect with these suggested cures, I'll say that many of them sound worse than the disease.Β  And I say that even though I don't have nor want an alt.

Β 

Tlaera

In 2014-2015 years was the same situation in the 3dx and the same small percent of troublemakers. Today we have more players but the same percent.Β 
I noticed that troublemakers mostly flying around famous places and people. In our real life the same problem. Than more famous, the more problems.Β 
One can solve this problem by few clicks or words(sometimes with help of friends), another one can`t do the same because don`t know how or don`t want to do this by some reason. Maybe I wrong for sure.
I agree actually with every your word. Well said, polite and respectful.

I have no idea what the reason to check someones information before meet each other. Mostly to cause a trouble.Β But if people finally met each other, they have all chances to get all information by the chat.Β Communicate with people, let them know exactly how you see and play this game. Put this information in your profile.Β Do not hesitate and try to find out all you are interested. If someone meet another one and want to get information about alts or something, so ask them. Without hints, just ask them.Β So both of you will make your conclusions about each other.Β This way you can find people close to you in the style of the game.

Fairly new user and for sake of declaration here I come from Second life and still see that as home.

Β 

So my experience as a new user

Β 

Yes local chat is quite quiet depending on where you go. Is it a big issue no don't think so most are just in private chats. Is trust a big issue here, yes for some it seems but I have to say some do seem to take the game far too much as a rl dating site and they are the one who seem to have the issue. However as I said I come from second life where there is no realistic ways of connectingΒ  an avi as an alt of someone you know. Trust there does not seem such a huge issue over there though.

Β 

Personally when I meet someone I take the view of giving them the benefit of the doubt and learn about them by chatting to them. Those that lie always trip themselves up sooner or later. I am also quick with the ignore function and frankly I don't even need to interact with you to use it. If I observe you talking in a way I don't want to interact with in local chat or world chat I account wide ignore. There are some in this thread for example that come into that category even though I have never interacted with them directly.

Β 

So far I have had no drama issues but then I come here and don't try to be a dick to others. Sadly some of those complaining here about the drama and lack of trust don't seem to live by that maxim

I have no idea what the reason to check someones information before meet each other. Mostly to cause a trouble.Β But if people finally met each other, they have all chances to get all information by the chat.Β Communicate with people, let them know exactly how you see and play this game. Put this information in your profile.Β Do not hesitate and try to find out all you are interested. If someone meet another one and want to get information about alts or something, so ask them. Without hints, just ask them.Β So both of you will make your conclusions about each other.Β This way you can find people close to you in the style of the game.

Β 

Have I got this right, you are now saying people should let people know they are role playing and have it in their profile ?

Have I got this right, you are now saying people should let people know they are role playing and have it in their profile ?

I'm talking about simple things like writing a few words about yourself in the profile. Everybody do it if they need to find someone with the same or similar interests.

No matter how you look at things and how much people try to say there aren't really any problems that need to be addressed in 3DXChat there most definitely is.

The longer you stay in the game the more you get to realise this.

There are people that deliberately set out to disturb other peoples games, it can be through jealousy, resent, rejectment or infatuation, but it does happen and does happen far to often.

Alts are often used by these people, it could be something as simple as someone that has been asked not to be so clingy and give a person some space.

Where that person then creates alts to keep clinging onto the person they have developed an infatuation for.

Β 

The main people that are effected by this are the popular people, mostly through jealousy or someone trying to be to competitive.

We need the popular people in the game more than anyone else, they are the ones that mostly bring the fun into the game.

Yet we seem to willing to let them suffer because the game does not supply enough tools to help them protect themselves.

It is not just how we let alts be used there are other things that are needed as well, like a boot from room feature and a better friends list.

Β 

Β 

The game is not just a sex game and not just a role play game, never has been and most definitely is not now.

Gizmo uses Instagram to promote the game and in there he promotes it as a dating game.Β https://www.instagram.com/3dxchat/

Β 

There has still not been anyone give a decent reason why it is so important that they keep their alts anonymous.

Just about everything that has been put forward can be done if it is known to be an alt and would make very little difference.

Where it has been shown there are some things where it will make a difference, it is only minute and is nowhere near enough to justify there should not be any changes.

Until someone can show me a satisfactory reason why it is so important they need to keep their alts anonymous I will keep pushing for the changes.

If it effects your roleplay so badly you will need to explain why and not just say it effects your roleplay.

At first, if you addressing something to someone, quote it. You playing just on public now with hopes that I will not see it.Btw, it is not a first time. I can easy just lose your message.
This game not always had instagram but always been a game. And it is still a game and will be always the game.
Β If I defend rp it doesn`t means that I always a roleplayer. Don`t point me on rp, im not always in it. All reasons was explained if its not enough, its only your problem.Β 
I don`t care about famous people, I care about kind people. Reputation is just an illusion. For one you are red, for another one you are yellow and so on. Not stable condition, don`t depends of you.
I didn`t say that I don`t see a problem, I said that it`s not a solution. I don`t want to repeat it all the time. I dont like too much water in a text.
The longer I stay in the game, more easy I take this game. I am an old and experienced here, but actually 3-5 months is enough to understand everything here. It depends of how active you are.

Β 

There has still not been anyone give a decent reason why it is so important that they keep their alts anonymous.

Excuse me what? That You do not want to see a decent reason, I gave a lot. As long as you don't respect the other side and reason, I the same will protect account privacy. No one need to show to you satisfactory reason or something else.Β  No one thing from your side is not a reason to break a character privacy. Actually nothing have a reason because it is a privacy. Think more about solutions. I disagree with your points.

You have only pointed out things where alts are not used for bad reasons, and I agree totally they are correct, not used for bad.

But in those it would not matter at all or very little in some if they were known to be alts.

As I said, no one has given a decent reason why alts need to be kept anonymous.

Β 

Edited to add..

I am playing on public now with hopes you will not see, are you kidding me, do you really think you put across that good an argument and I am that worried about youΒ  :lol:Β  :lol:Β  :lol:

You have only pointed out things where alts are not used for bad reasons, and I agree totally they are correct, not used for bad.

But in those it would not matter at all or very little in some if they were known to be alts.

As I said, no one has given a decent reason why alts need to be kept anonymous.

Β 

Edited to add..

I am playing on public now with hopes you will not see, are you kidding me, do you really think you put across that good an argument and I am that worried about youΒ  :lol:Β  :lol:Β  :lol:

yeah, againΒ  :lol:Β  :lol:Β  :lol:

The game is not just a sex game and not just a role play game, never has been and most definitely is not now.

Gizmo uses Instagram to promote the game and in there he promotes it as a dating game.Β https://www.instagram.com/3dxchat/

Β 

I was definitely right by saying ppl's now playing REAL to share REAL feelings in the hope to find REAL love for REAL Life relation. So ,that mean ROLEPLAYERS are no longer welcome to play this game, Hope Gizmo will change the new members subscriber REQUIREMENTS to join 3DXchat game community.

I wanna know exactly if I still welcome as member of this community for the way I play.

It was nice to meet you.

Wish you the best of Luck in your next new Love relation you will find in game.

Have a nice fucking week-end

Bye!

I think its interesting that Gizmo is calling it a virtual dating game. I think it kind of show how he feels about the game, and the direction that he wants to take things. I never played a dating game, but I do know they are popular in japan, and that there has been controversy about them being sexist, and encouraging players to say, and do anything necessary to get the female into bed. Kind of like 3DX in that way perhaps. So, is Gizmo really intending to create a online version of one of those? If he is it seems he missed the mark a tad.Β http://www.gamersdecide.com/pc-game-news/10-best-dating-games-play-2015

I'd like to pick up on Briana's point about the game being either and extension of rl or roleplay. There is room for both, they aren't mutually incompatible. But problems can occur where someone who plays in the manner of the former gets attached to someone who plays in the latter (maybe, and this isn't intended as a criticism of anybody, the people who mess around see what they're doing as as form of role play. I don't know I'm totally crap at role play). The scope for misunderstandings ....................... is like enormous.

Β 

Again it comes back to being aware of what's going on and doing what you can to avoid problems. The troublemakers will reveal themselves as the ones who then use this as a way of creating even more drama, sadly.

Β 

To my mind the discussion overall seems to be leading somewhere. I, for one, am getting a better sense of what is happening and perhaps a feel for what can be done. OK it's not developed into anything concrete yet but maybe that'll come. I do like the way it has sometimes looped back, revisiting old ground, and moved forward again.

I know every bad reason to use alt and everyone here knows. On your opinion it would not matter to use alt in a good way, or "very little". On my opinion it is a "very big" matter.

As I said I have gave a lot of reasons why alts need to be a private.Β 

Β 

You have given a lot of things done with alts that are used for good reasons, you have not given any reason why any of them need to have it so alts are completely anonymous other than some minor reasons.

There have been several ideas put forward as to how things could be made better so people would find it harder to use alts to create problems.

1) To have the name above alts in a different colour or mark the main avis as being our main avis, both achieve the same results.

2) Use an account identifier where all avis on an account carry an identifier so we can see who they belong to.

So lets look at your list and see how it will effect the uses of alts you have listed.

Β 

Β 

Β 

A way we can use our characters/alts.

Β 

In a good way:

Β 
1. For getting a new sexual experiense. It's not a secret that most people use this game to realize their sexual desires or explore their hidden sides. This is the first and most common reason.
I doubt in this one it would make difference at all for either 1 or 2.
It would not matter if it was known to be an alt or if it was known which account it belonged to.
Unless you have to hide you are doing it from someone you know would get upset if they found out.
Β 
2. For testing complicated creations in our World Editor (sofa,bed,chair,etc.).
It would not matter at all for either 1 or 2, you could still do exactly the same thing.
Β 
3. For using a single player fun(this one is bad supported by this game,because if you want it as a "group sex", you need to buy one character for 10000 XG).
And again it would make no difference what so ever with either method used.
Β 
4. For relaxing, afk, walking around locations if you don`t want to be seen by unwanted person for some time.
*Yes here it would make a difference if there for method 2, an account identifier, people would know it is you.
*For method 1, where alts are known to be alts it would make very little difference, the only thing would be that people would know it is not someones main avi but would still not know who the alt belongs to.
Β 
5. For safe learning any language. When your language is done and all mistakes kept on your alt, you will be nice prepared to talk.
Would make no difference here for either method.
Β 
6. For roleplay, short scenes or long, because if some of your friends or any person will see you, they can broke your play in a second by non-rp talk. It isn`t ok, if roleplay was preparing aroundΒ  2 hours.Β 
Using method 2, an account identifier would make a difference here yes, as people would know it is you.
Using method 1, Being able to tell it is an alt would make very little difference, don't forget this method is still that no one knows whos alt it is, they just know it is an alt.
Β 
7. For comfortable using worlds(from "WE"="World Editor"). It`s more comfortable if you creating few different worlds and use different characters for switch, without loading from file all the time.
Would make no difference what so ever using method 1 or 2.
Β 
8. For different non-roleplay inGame events. It can be anything: fashion show(for example:ModelOne), DJing(DJanyname) and so on.
Would make no difference what so ever using method 1 or 2.
Β 
so on,Β  so on...
Β 
Β 
In a bad way.

Β 

Β 

So where do you get that you have answered my question so many times as to why it is so important to keep your alts anonymous ?

Now none of us that have shown examples of what it could do to help lesson the miss use of alts need to show how it will do that because we have explained that out properly several times already.

You have given a lot of things done with alts that are used for good reasons, you have not given any reason why any of them need to have it so alts are completely anonymous other than some minor reasons.

There have been several ideas put forward as to how things could be made better so people would find it harder to use alts to create problems.

1) To have the name above alts in a different colour or mark the main avis as being our main avis, both achieve the same results.

2) Use an account identifier where all avis on an account carry an identifier so we can see who they belong to.

So lets look at your list and see how it will effect the uses of alts you have listed.

Β 

So where do you get that you have answered my question so many times as to why it is so important to keep your alts anonymous ?

Now none of us that have shown examples of what it could do to help lesson the miss use of alts need to show how it will do that because we have explained that out properly several times already.

1.Β An intimate experience is not intended to disturb anyone. It's something the someone don't need to know.Β That's why it happens in private by another character. So, its important.

2. This no matter.

3. This no matter.

4. This one important to keep in privacy.

5. This one can be important to people who are shy.

6. This one is important.

7, 8. The same is no matter. If people agree to be marked for sure.

Β 

This list was about how we can use alts in a good way. There is about 3-4 reasons to do not be marked. So where didn`t you find an answer ?

1 method without sense because not everyone can chose where will be alt and where will be main. Not everyone play this game the same way. Who will want to put a mark on themselves?Β  :blink:Β 

2 method ... I have no words. 1938-1945 years,Β occupied countries and total universal control. These are all my associations about those words and both methods.Β 

Any solution ?